How's your PS4 holding up?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SolidIngram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidIngram
Member since 2012 • 62 Posts

With all of the reports of bricked PS4's and possible hardware issues I'm just curious as to how everyone's PS4 is doing so far? I know the PSN is having some temporary problem so this is for anyone who is able to connect.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

Mine worked fine. Almost a constant all-nighter, but I did take about an hour long break at one point. Updates and downloads were all fast too.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I picked mine up last night. I don't think I got home till 2:30 am even though I had a preorder.

So I have the day off work today, Im going to set it up soon.

Will report back soon.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

"We're in the Pipe, 5 BY 5 . . ."

Silky smooth and purring like a kitten!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#5 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I should be getting mine from UPS around 10am EST, I'll report back to you guys after I set it up and let it run for a while!

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

Played for a bit last night and a bit this morning before work. No major issues.

Only issue I had was that I couldn't sign-in to PSN at 1AM EST, but I'm not surprised by that. It will likely take a couple days for the network to fully regain stability but I was able to get signed in this morning and redeem the 30-day PS+ voucher and get some other things setup. Here's hoping the good vibes continue for everyone's PS4s.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#7 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Good to see people PS4's are working fine

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Well fingers crossed everything seems great.

Finally set my ps4 up and no issues as of yet.

I managed to get into psn this morning after about 2 attempts.

Very pleased with my console so far. Killzone looks amazing.

I really don't know what people were saying about how the system wobbles. My console doesn't move at all.

suade907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 suade907
Member since 2003 • 380 Posts

So the Online is working? cool. I hope it doesn't crash after everyone gets home from work today. That's when I'll be setting up mine.

SolidIngram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SolidIngram

It's good to see there are no major issues and I look forward to seeing how it works out for those who are still waiting to get there hands on it.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MarcRecon

@clr84651 said:

Big surprise, none of the negative rumors about it are true. Beautiful, fast, and the controller is the sweetest ever!

Be on the look out for troll/fake PS4 users claiming hardware issues! I'm still waiting on mine....hopefully it will be here before I go to work.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MarcRecon

I got everything up and running....easy setup.....been working fine for about an hour

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

I got everything up and running this morning.

LittleMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LittleMac
Member since 2003 • 769 Posts

My hdmi display stopped working after i updated it. Maybe had it on for 30 minutes total... Dont know how to say this without sounding like a troll, its just... True. I posted my initial and updated review on amazon detailing the problem under the killzone launch bundle ps4 for verification. I am so bummed out right now... Getting on the horn with sony.

devantechisolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By devantechisolm  Staff
Member since 2013 • 95 Posts

Hearing that everything is running smoothly makes me want one now instead of waiting for spring to get one.

HiTekJeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By HiTekJeff
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

The reports have said they are isolated cases so having most work is not surprising. It doesn't matter what electronics/computer device you're talking about, there will always be some defective issues, It's just that reports get blown out of shape when people fear a massive problem, which is not even remotely the case with the few reported.

HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HoVDaHuSTLa1
Member since 2006 • 1288 Posts

Running like a gem. Nothing major.

SacTownRob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SacTownRob
Member since 2008 • 282 Posts

Those of you that didnt have any issues, did you have any issues connecting to your home wireless network and downloading the software update that way? instead of downloading to usb drive?

dino7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dino7c
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts

Mine is perfect, love the look and size of it...very quiet too

Billy243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Billy243
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Mine locked up twice during the warframe install. First time i got pissed off and couldn't figure out how to turn it off and pulled the plug. Second time i researched it and found out about safe mode. I deleted warframe and then installed it again. Now its playing fine. Other then that, so far so good. The warframe issue seems to be happening to other people also.

SacTownRob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SacTownRob
Member since 2008 • 282 Posts

Thanks for the info Billy243. didnt even know Safe Mode was an option on the PS4

Alzheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Alzheimer
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts

Been playing all day, My son is still playing. can't log in right now, but other than that it has been awesome. Contrast is very fun and free. Pretty much perfect launch for me!

*update: logged in now, just a hiccup I guess..

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

2 of my friends both had theirs break. 1 only took 40 minutes to die...the other lasted abit longer, 3 hours then it died. My cousins died 15 minutes after the update...As for me...Well I have no intention of buying a PS4 till Destiny comes out.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

So far, so good for me. The update went flawless. I downloaded and played Contrast, Resogun, and Warframe. I also played Knack and Battlefield and have had no issues. I saw my buddy broadcast, tried remote play on my Vita, and everything has worked great. I've easily put 8 hours into the PS4 with no issues.

This has been a great launch so far!

agrippi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 agrippi
Member since 2003 • 1195 Posts

Mine was bricked right out of the box. I am one of the unfortunate Amazon pre-order customers. Sony tech support said nearly all of their calls have gone back to Amazon. Not sure what the issue is with the shipment they received, but they obviously have a MUCH higher failure rate than systems coming from other stores.

It was a total pain getting in touch with a human....online chat would boot you out after five minutes of waiting. Spent over two hours on the phone before getting to talk to someone. What really irks me is that they are going to have us send our units in and repair them. Look, if this was a month or 6 months into the system and it had worked previously, I'd be fine with getting them to fix it. But, I got a lemon. It didn't work from the get go. I don't want it fixed. I want another NEW PS4 shipped to me and frankly, they should overnight it. As you can tell, I'm a wee bit bitter over all of this. Instead, I get to wait a few weeks to get my refurbished unit even though I was never able to use the previous unit once. Grrr

Sophette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sophette
Member since 2005 • 521 Posts

Seeing as my PS4 is sitting comfortable atop my 360, it's being held up quite well. ;)

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

We've played our 2 PS4s about 8 hours today. They've worked great. No noise at all whatsoever. Online gaming has been great all day as well.

I am in love with the new controllers. They are great. I love how the system is turned on and the eject buttons don't even look like buttons. There in the line in the front of the console. Nice how the console charges while off also. The charging cables have changed a bit to be the same as my cell phone and digital camera. It really reminds me of the size of the PS2. the shiney black side slides off with ease to upgrade the HDD. I think I'll upgrade both of mine to 2TB in a month or 2. I hope they come out with themes for it soon. I loved making themes for my PS3s.

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

When setting it up I had the PS4 lying flat which caused overheating even after 10 minutes. I stood it up after the third time the system shut off and I havent had any issues since.

Billy243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Billy243
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Just a follow up from my other post from before. I have put many hours on it and i have had zero lock ups. Its not noisy and online has been good.

Swedish_Chef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Swedish_Chef
Member since 2003 • 623 Posts

I haven't really had any issues with the console, my issues have all been with the network.

I do have to echo the concern of overheating though. This thing is very hot in my tv cabinet, much hotter than I think even the 360 was when my first 2 xboxes got fried. I don't have room to stand it up just yet, so I can only hope this thing won't burn itself out.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

First thing I noticed is that the wobble issue is fake. On a flat surface, the PS4 doesn't wobble.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

no issues outside of the warframe update freezing

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Mine is working fine but the downloads are unbelievably slow which is strange because I downloaded BF4 for my ps3 last week and it didn't even come close to taking this long.. Yes I know the PS4 version is larger but still its a lot slower.

OfficerLeach_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 OfficerLeach_
Member since 2010 • 419 Posts

@KHAndAnime: I know first thing I did was test the wobble lol. No wobble on my end as well. Dont try telling that to anyone in SW though lol...my ps4 has been on all day though since 1230am central...no problem whatsoever besides once even after it said my data auto saved on ghost I went to resume and my data was gone but I could mission select that same level? Idk not a big deal and probally just the game. My clan of 200+ has reported no issues on our website or on LINE besides the unfortunate ones who couldnt find/afford one.

caseyjuly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 caseyjuly

Girlfriend here with a broken hearted man... My BF finally gave up. Everything we tried to do took forever. It was continuously updating and downloading (freezing but not really freezing)...The NBA2K14 will not save your personalized character. When you back out of anything, everything you did is gone...He says he is just going to get his money back...Is it true about the preordered Amazon shipment? That was what his was.....

OfficerLeach_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 OfficerLeach_
Member since 2010 • 419 Posts

@caseyjuly: yea the largest amount(almost all) of believible posts/complaints about ps4 failure all point towards amazon...bad batch I suppose

Ne-Plus-Ultra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ne-Plus-Ultra
Member since 2012 • 281 Posts

So far mine has been great, I'd say I put about 6 hours into finishing COD Ghosts SP last night, spent a couple hours checking everything out, and buy the way, when PSN is up, it's super fast. Just started AC4 a couple hours ago, and everything has been great, the games run super smooth, and the DS4 is the best controller I've ever used.

As for heat, it really doesn't seem to be running that hot, I measured the temp with a type k thermometer probe at the hottest part of the exhaust and while playing AC4 the max temp I got was 122 degrees F / 50 degrees C, and just as a comparison I measured the temp from the laptop I'm using now and while it's under load it;s running at 142 degrees F / 61.1111 degrees C, so I think it's running pretty cool.

Also, I'm in love with the ability to stop playing and go to an app or PSN or just change some settings then instantly get right back into gaming, plus I didn't think I would care for watching other people streaming their gameplay, but I actually enjoyed watching them, and it's a great way to check out realtime gameplay from a game you're interested in.

So far my experience has been great, I really like it so much that I'm kind of dreading buying GT6 for PS3, I think I might just wait and see if a PS4 version will come out. The one thing that annoyed me a little was last night I laid down in bed to finish up COD and I had a white blanket over my legs, and when I turned the lights out the blanket glowed blue, so I had to put some electrical tape over the light in the DS4, but that's no big deal.

Oh yeah... I almost forgot, as KHAndAnime said above, "the wobble issue is fake."

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

Mine's holding up really well.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

The truth about the PS4 is revealed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjn2Fq4OPrs

Avatar image for steel_curtain77
steel_curtain77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 steel_curtain77
Member since 2006 • 30 Posts

Got mine at 10am this morning when gamestop opened and probably had it all setup in less than 30 minutes. I did have about an hour of updates, configuring account, etc to do but it was pretty painless. I think a lot of people were just going nuts trying to get into gaming without properly taking the time to set things up correctly. I had no issues with my setup, this by far is the best console I've ever owned.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#42  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

My PS4 has been working fine, so far so good anyway.

Last night after launch PSN was down, but so far that's about the only problem I've had. That, and trying to get used to the new UI. That'll just take a bit of time I guess.

Still haven't had enough time to dig into everything yet though.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

It's holding up great, it will wobble if u press on left corner but that's moot

blackfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By blackfire
Member since 2002 • 118 Posts

I got my ps4 at launch from amazon. I was so excited, connected it to my TV, turned it on, then there it was. the blue pulse of death. all I could say was no not mine. didn't bother calling Sony so they could send me a reconditioned one. called amazon for a refund. what sucks is I bought 3 games and nothing to play them on. saying im disappointed is an understatement.

DarthLefein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 214

User Lists: 1

#45 DarthLefein
Member since 2010 • 56 Posts

I used my USB drive to update to 1.5. no worries thus far.

Avatar image for deactivated-585ea4b128526
deactivated-585ea4b128526

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-585ea4b128526
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts

Some psn hiccups, but picked it from fedex at 10am, just now turned it off. No issues.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

@ominous_titan said:

It's holding up great, it will wobble if u press on left corner but that's moot

Looking at how the rubber feet were placed on the device, I am starting to think having the left side under the disc drive not physically connected to the surface might have actually been the design so that any vibrations through the case on the shiny part don't get reverberated back through the rest of the system. Strange but possible I think.

Anyway, yesterday I played through the Ghosts campaign and about 2 hours of online multiplayer plus some Resogun yesterday morning. PS4 is running like a champ. I'm testing Blu-Ray playback now and it looks awesome.

NZ43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 NZ43

I brought a new entertainment cabinet a few months back, before this I had never had a problem with my PS3. It started turning its self off, discovered it was getting hot. Took the back off the cabinet, haven’t had any problems since. Hope this is a help. Looking forward to getting my PS4 at launch this side of the world.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Glad to hear many positive feedback from you lot, can't wait any longer!!!

SolidIngram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SolidIngram

Man I feel sorry you guys who had it bricked right out of the box. That must be very very...very disappointing.