FFVII Disc Change

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Keywora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Keywora
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I'm playing this old copy of FFVII for PS1 on my PS2 that I've had forever and I just got to the part where it tells me to change discs. I put the disc in and the loading screen comes up and allows me to select a save file, but when I try to load the file, the screen goes black and ever 30 seconds or so, the buzzing sound that indicates an improper command goes off. I can't figure out if the disc just doesn't work, it has some scratches, but seems overall okay, or if I'm doing something wrong. Any one else have any suggestions?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Probably scratches.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

Have you tried starting the console with Disc 2 in the disc tray and loading that way? I know some older lasers freak out during disc changes but setting the disc that corresponds with the save data upon boot-up is normally a work around. Failing that see if you can find a place that will buff up your discs.

Doesn't sound like you're doing something wrong, probably either scratches or, more likely, an aging laser that's being a bit fickle.

Keywora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 Keywora
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@Articuno76: I've been starting up disc 2 from the PS2 being off instead of straight from disc 1. I've hit the reset button multiple times and it keeps coming to the black screen after choosing my save file. I'm currently looking into where I can buy a replacement disc. I appreciate your help.