who enjoys ps2 more girls or boys? make this hot!

• 63 results
ibiza563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ibiza563
Member since 2007 • 1401 Posts

who enjoys ps2 more girls or boys?

me being a girl i love playing ps2 but feel there are more guys who play it! so please i would like to know?

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#2 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
No offence, but guys seem to prefer games in general more than girls.
dbowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 dbowman
Member since 2005 • 6836 Posts

me being a girl i love playing ps2 but feel there are more guys who play it! so please i would like to know?

ibiza563

wow. a girl who plays games! surely not.

Natulcien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Natulcien
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I'm a girl and enjoy gaming, gaming is always seen as a guys hobby, whereas girls are expected to go out shopping for shoes or something *yawn*

I used to think 'Girls playing games is not that uncommon, surely', but that being said, the friends I have from different areas only prove that girls would much rather do something else than sit at home playing video games, hence why the majority of my weekends are spent alone...either way, I think its up to interests and influence.

ibiza563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ibiza563

yeah most girls would rather go out but i quite enjoy playing my ps2!

tsduv21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tsduv21
Member since 2007 • 2942 Posts

No offence, but guys seem to prefer games in general more than girls.vashkey

True.

jericoY2J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jericoY2J
Member since 2006 • 1688 Posts
LOL....yeah not many girls play games but I know some and there hot!!! not hardcore but casuel gamers I met on xbox live but I don't go on anymore also theres alot of girls who play videogames but not on the PS2 system..usually on the nintendo DS or xbox 360... pokemon and xbox live most of the time
Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts
You know I have never seen a girl in a video game store unless they were a mother with their kid so yeah I have always thought that us men played more video games since some people(v watchdog groups and the mothersin that group)see video games as violent things and girls tend not to like violence so I always thought that men played more. Since the stereotype of a girl is shopping and throwing up in tiolet because they are uncomfortable with their bodies. While men violent, love sports and cars(not me im not a sterotypical male and not gay and always want to shoot something(me). So that is why I have always seen it that way.
tbcp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tbcp
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts
I had many systems over the years and after my Xbox and Xbox 360 broke I was off games for about four months. Then my girlfriend (of seven years) and I were looking for hobbies to spend time together with and we decided on the PS2. We have been playing Chrono Cross for sometime and we both love the game. She handles the controller more than myself to be honest. Ha ha. Regardless we're having a great time and we can't wait to play through all the PS and PS2 classics. Hopefully by the time we're done playing all these great games the price of the PS3 will drop and we'll continue our gaming adventures. I think more guys are into games overall but girls can obviously bring as much passion for games as anyone. As for the making the topic hot. Who knows... maybe my girlfriend and I will get so into games that we dress up like the characters and make sweet passionate love... Serge and Kid (Chrono Cross character's) styles. Ha ha.
TexTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 TexTM
Pfft. I love games. && I'm a girl. In fact the person who I think enjoys games more than anyone else in the world is my MOM. She's CONSTANTLY playing WOW she met her husband on E&B she bases her life on games...she introduced me to Final Fantasy when I was a little girl && she's beat like ALL of them she plays a crapload of games...Xenosaga too...man she's...well...obsessed! Anndd a GIRRLL!
zero030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 zero030
Member since 2007 • 814 Posts
I'm a guy and I enjoy ps2 and I know a couple of girls that like ps2 also. I also didn't know that there are that many girls on gamespot.
momo1803

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 momo1803
Member since 2004 • 213 Posts

If you say enjoy, i think it is a tie. It doesn't matter if you are a girl or a boy, you can enjoy it just as much....

Now, if you say that the majority of players are boys or girls, i will have to say boys, lot's more.

hot114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 hot114
Member since 2003 • 4489 Posts

Not rare, just uncommon.
And even when you do find one they usually go for the easier stuff like the sims and tomb raider wich is very mainstreamed.

Guys more tend to action games like DMC3 and ninja gaiden

Yes this is gross generalisation

Avatar image for deactivated-60156c31f349f
deactivated-60156c31f349f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 deactivated-60156c31f349f
Member since 2005 • 2836 Posts

Well in general there are alot more guy gamers for sure.

My gf likes to play games sometimes but not nearly as much as me.

ibiza563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ibiza563

Not rare, just uncommon.
And even when you do find one they usually go for the easier stuff like the sims and tomb raider wich is very mainstreamed.

Guys more tend to action games like DMC3 and ninja gaiden

Yes this is gross generalisation

hot114

i dont know but i quite like playing manhunt, hitman, gta they are really fun!

Natulcien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Natulcien

Pfft. I love games. && I'm a girl. In fact the person who I think enjoys games more than anyone else in the world is my MOM. She's CONSTANTLY playing WOW she met her husband on E&B she bases her life on games...she introduced me to Final Fantasy when I was a little girl && she's beat like ALL of them she plays a crapload of games...Xenosaga too...man she's...well...obsessed! Anndd a GIRRLL! TexTM

That's a point, my mum also plays games but on the pc. Its not unusual for me to come home from school to hear gunshots lol, Half Life,Doom3,Painkiller and FEAR are all games that she has played and completed before I get to play.

pmase14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17 pmase14
Member since 2004 • 307 Posts
WOW, not only a girl that likes playing games, but one that participates withinan online gaming community? Wow! And not just girly games either (ie Bratz or Barbie), but real gameslike Hitman and GTA! I didn't know girls like this existed (No Offense)!
StarryMidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 StarryMidnight

The post above me made me laugh, hehe.

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 d51man
Member since 2005 • 6143 Posts
I think both enjoy it equally, but there are more male gamers. A lot of girls like to play though. My mom enjoys playing games with me. We play racing games, some easy sports games (it's hard for her to understand all the controls), and it's a lot of fun. I think everyone enjoys it :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 092093
Member since 2006 • 1696 Posts
I've never met a girl who owns a PS2.....so.... boys. I think most girls who play video games only play less violent, more cute games..like Nintendo games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 092093
I've never met a girl who owns a PS2.....so.... boys. I think most girls who play video games only play less violent, more cute games..like Nintendo games.092093
Wait, I take that back, I can think of 1 girl who owns PS2.....that's it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 092093
WOW, not only a girl that likes playing games, but one that participates withinan online gaming community? Wow! And not just girly games either (ie Bratz or Barbie), but real gameslike Hitman and GTA! I didn't know girls like this existed (No Offense)!pmase14
lol
Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#23 Cerza
Member since 2005 • 1946 Posts

No offence, but guys seem to prefer games in general more than girls.vashkey

That's entirely untrue. There are are more girl gamers than there are guy gamers in the 13-18 age bracket by about a ratio of 3:2. Overall the ratio of guy gamers to girl gamers is pretty much even. The notion that video games are for guys and only guys truely game is a stereotype and entirely untrue.

To address the TC's question, more girls game on PS2 than guys, but more guys game on Xbox and PC than girls do, and the Nintendo systems have about an even 50/50 match between the sexes.

nywled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 nywled
Member since 2005 • 359 Posts

[QUOTE="vashkey"]No offence, but guys seem to prefer games in general more than girls.tsduv21

True.

i agree to that.

StarryMidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 StarryMidnight

[QUOTE="vashkey"]No offence, but guys seem to prefer games in general more than girls.Cerza

That's entirely untrue. There are are more girl gamers than there are guy gamers in the 13-18 age bracket by about a ratio of 3:2. Overall the ratio of guy gamers to girl gamers is pretty much even. The notion that video games are for guys and only guys truely game is a stereotype and entirely untrue.

To address the TC's question, more girls game on PS2 than guys, but more guys game on Xbox and PC than girls do, and the Nintendo systems have about an even 50/50 match between the sexes.

I completely agree.

dookiecookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dookiecookie
Member since 2005 • 408 Posts
I am a girl and I have to say that the ps2 is my baby, I love the thing. I own more ps2 games then any other system, I am the video gamer in the house compared to my brother who will rarely touch a controller.
xBLACK-MAGEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 xBLACK-MAGEx
Member since 2006 • 826 Posts
No offenxe, but i picture hardcore girl gamers as fat, and ugly. wow that sounds bad, but its true. the only hot girl gamers ive seen is a few of my friends who like to play the mario games on the N64, and EXTREMELY casualy.
byronman91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 byronman91
Member since 2006 • 153 Posts
I find that most girl gamers arent as "Hardcore" "Extreme" or any other lame acronym for avid playing, as myself or my guy friends, though the count is about even. Hehe, my girlfriend also plays games, great Guitar Hero II player she is.
kingrich06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 110

#29 kingrich06
Member since 2006 • 5403 Posts
i know a few girls who like video games but its not a passion like some of my other male friends
willxcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#30 willxcool
Member since 2006 • 2038 Posts
nothing here how to make this place or topic hot, its simple question sure guyz i have several girl friends who owns a ps2 and they dont even play with them,

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 092093

[QUOTE="vashkey"]No offence, but guys seem to prefer games in general more than girls.Cerza

Now that I see it put like that I believe it. The Nintendo games tend to be for the young or plain out young at heart ( which means it would mean it was more evenly spread. The Xbox consoles seem to be for (no offense to anyone) dumb people or spoiled brats ( Not as much the spoiled part anymore since PS3 is more than 360, but it used to be); by dumb I mean people who just want to play a game where they shoot somebody (i.e. Halo) (also the same people who say Mario and Pokemon is gay and care about nothing but having the coolest graphics).That makes sense to what you said because teenager boys are usually more immature than teenager girls (about 65% of the time) (no offense, I'm a teenager boy myself), and if most gamers are teenagers it means more boys would play Xbox than girls. Now time for Sony. Sony (in my opinion) seems like acombination of those two; some Playstation games are artistic/young at heart(i.e. Kingdom Hearts) and some are mindless killing sprees (i.e. Grand Theft Auto). Wow I hope that makes sense, because I'm not editing it, lol.
Juann_crap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Juann_crap

ibiza563
hi im girl and i play ps2 alot
Hinata237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 Hinata237
Member since 2006 • 9416 Posts
The majority of men play games more then girls. But I have some friends that play games and they are girls. Girls and guys play games.
henri1960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 henri1960
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
GUYS, girls enjoy more DS.
aznballer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 aznballer91
Member since 2006 • 786 Posts

I've never met a girl who owns a PS2.....so.... boys. I think most girls who play video games only play less violent, more cute games..like Nintendo games.092093

omg.. come to think about it.. i only know like 2-3 girls that own a ps2. too bad they only play like ddr on it. :P

and IMO, i find that its uncommon to find girl gamers on the ps2, but i c lots in the arcades tho!

RedDraco66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RedDraco66
Member since 2005 • 1682 Posts

You know I have never seen a girl in a video game store unless they were a mother with their kid so yeah I have always thought that us men played more video games since some people(v watchdog groups and the mothersin that group)see video games as violent things and girls tend not to like violence so I always thought that men played more. Since the stereotype of a girl is shopping and throwing up in tiolet because they are uncomfortable with their bodies. While men violent, love sports and cars(not me im not a sterotypical male and not gay and always want to shoot something(me). So that is why I have always seen it that way. Vyse_Legends

wow...i cant believe someone actually said that...i dont even know how to respond to that...its like..."wait, what?"

pmase14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#37 pmase14
Member since 2004 • 307 Posts

Where are you getting these numbers from saying that there is a 3:2 ratio for more girl gamers than guys. I sooooooo do not believe that. In case you haven't noticed, MySpace and Oh_theres_a_sale_at_Macy's_this_Weekend.com are not video games even though they require a Mouse and a Keyboard. No offense to the female gamers out there in the world, but if you only own 1 video game and 250 pair of shoes, YOU ARE NOT A GAMER. If you rather spend 5 hours customizing your WWE wrestler, than actually wrestling, YOU ARE NOT A GAMER. If you think Ratchet and Clank items found in a toolbox, YOU ARE NOT A GAMER! I can go on all day, but you get the drift.

So.... Where did these numbers come from???

pumpkinsays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 pumpkinsays
Member since 2006 • 1543 Posts
wow, this thread is hilarious, so many steroetypes and generalizations in such a small little place. I might be offended if I wasn't so busy laughing. But for the record, I'm a girl, well I'm 27 so I think that makes me a woman. I own 5 systems and a shelf full of games but I love my PS2 the most and I play it as often as I possibly can. I also don't think there is a definit yes/no answer to the TC's question.
hot114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hot114
Member since 2003 • 4489 Posts
wow, this thread is hilarious, so many steroetypes and generalizations in such a small little place. I might be offended if I wasn't so busy laughing. But for the record, I'm a girl, well I'm 27 so I think that makes me a woman. I own 5 systems and a shelf full of games but I love my PS2 the most and I play it as often as I possibly can. I also don't think there is a definit yes/no answer to the TC's question. pumpkinsays

Congratulations on being a minority.

This thread is just re-stating what we all already know,
Yes a larger portion of the male audience plays video games,
No male gamers do not like videogames any more than female gamers.
pumpkinsays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 pumpkinsays
Member since 2006 • 1543 Posts

[QUOTE="pumpkinsays"]wow, this thread is hilarious, so many steroetypes and generalizations in such a small little place. I might be offended if I wasn't so busy laughing. But for the record, I'm a girl, well I'm 27 so I think that makes me a woman. I own 5 systems and a shelf full of games but I love my PS2 the most and I play it as often as I possibly can. I also don't think there is a definit yes/no answer to the TC's question. hot114

Congratulations on being a minority.

This thread is just re-stating what we all already know,
Yes a larger portion of the male audience plays video games,
No male gamers do not like videogames any more than female gamers.

well thanks, I think:|

ibiza563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ibiza563
girls well win lol
brago_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 brago_lover
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts

Well just to restate what has already been said, I think most guys prefer video games. Yes, a lot of girls from all ages play video games, but not a majority of them.

And whoever said that girls only like to shop for clothing and stuff like that, go outside once in a while. I'm a girl by the way, and one time I spent $20 for a game rather than getting this shirt I really liked. Matter of fact, I once went into a mall just to go to the EBgames storethey had there. My point? Your statement is way wrong, man.

Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#43 Shiggums
Member since 2007 • 21436 Posts
I believe Family Guy touched on the subject. The sex box named Sony anyone? I would therefore think that men enjoyed PS2 more, though as to the methods this could be achieved i do not know...
Freakgamer_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Freakgamer_M
Member since 2006 • 202 Posts
i like to play games a lot but some girls i know like street fighter so maybe boys play more. (or maybe girls play at nigh at secret O_o) happened to me once.
iboo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 iboo01
Member since 2007 • 2784 Posts
For Gore and Violence its gotta be Boys, RPG's i think Girls may have the upper hand and in puzzle kinda games
aguststef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 aguststef
I agree that boys like computer games much more than girls. But after Sims girls are more and more getting attached to gaming. But it is a fact that the guys who make the games are probably 95% guys so they make games for guys. But it's good to know that girls are playing more computer games and therefore the programmers have to make more games suitable for them and they are doing it.
Szalaszazka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Szalaszazka
Member since 2006 • 546 Posts
It's only depent from what kind of person u are :) it's really doesn't matter who u are . Male or Female. If u love playing games u will play anyway :)
snizo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 snizo
Member since 2007 • 96 Posts
i guess boys,but i would like to play with girls if they want to,i guess ps2 is something about fun and experience share...
staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts

You know I have never seen a girl in a video game store unless they were a mother with their kid so yeah Vyse_Legends

Exactly. And until I see a female in a video game store, I refuse to belive they exsist. :P

tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts
i saw a few at ebgames one even works there