joe_g_patton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 joe_g_patton
Member since 2003 • 1548 Posts
Hello all, I skipped all the replies. I played through Chrono Cross and FFIX at the same time and loved them both. FFIX was fokking awesome! If you want to crack on a FF game, dunno, crack on tactics or whatever.
Rixom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Rixom
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts

i liked crystal cronicals at the begening but after a while it was boring manly the fact that you do the same thing and going into multiplayer was suipid cuase you both needed those cords and a game boy (i have both but no one eles has)

Orzeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Orzeron
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Whats Cracken Rixom It's me Orzeron:P

To answer your question truthfully i'd have to say FFVIII, i know it was still a OK game but it just didnt have the Final fantasy flare that the others did and the time turn baced system just didnt fit in well with it, its storyline was no where near as good as FFVII and the only realdecent thing about it was the main charactor Squall whitch was pritty kool but otherwise i'd say that it would be one of the last FF games that i would want to play (Because of how fricken good the other games where) but i'de still have to say it is a decent and respectable game.

Lataz Rix

Avatar image for TheLegendKnight
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#54 TheLegendKnight
Member since 2007 • 1853 Posts

Final Fantasy IX

Dunning99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Dunning99
Member since 2003 • 49 Posts
FF CC on the gamecube, Garbage
Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#56 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts
I really hated FF12, it was great looking game but bored me to death. Some parts of FF7 were a let down as well... most of the game was memorable though.
Avatar image for lovetheblindone
lovetheblindone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 lovetheblindone
Member since 2005 • 1733 Posts
I don't know which one is the worst, but out of all the ones I have played I disliked FFX the most.
Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts

FFX I just wanted Yuna and Tidus to like get on a chocobo and it just blows up killing them both,thats how bad FFX was.Ballroompirate

Agreed

Baron_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Baron_14
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts

WHATS WRONG WITH FFXII BATTLE SYSTEM?

IT IS STILL TURN-BASED.ONLY YOU HAVE MORE FREEDOM IN MOVING.

haterex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 haterex
Member since 2004 • 2410 Posts
FF X-2 and FFVIII-8...IMO
gary18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#61 gary18
Member since 2003 • 77 Posts

These are the ones i had finished :

II - i like it more than I ist's no that hard -

IV - a remake doen't interest me

VII - maybe the best but i been playing VI

VIII - ok it used to be my favorite

X - and im half-way in IX ,X-2 , XII

They all are good games but there are more of the same - yes even XII

my vote will be I or Vor III because i'd played this games little

Avatar image for tokoreawithlove
tokoreawithlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 tokoreawithlove
I'd say Final Fantasy X was probably my least favourite. I wouldn't feel right saying one of them is the worst, such a negative word and to me none of them are bad. I still love FFX too.
FinalMyrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 FinalMyrmidon
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

This really is a strange topic, because it only illustrates people's subjectivities. Personally, looking back on things I find that VII wasn't a very good game. Heresy to most nowadays, but the story was relatively trite and the game was carried on principally by Sephiroth. Cloud, as a hero, was boring. The supporting cast was redeemed by Vincent, but his role was tangential anyhow. The system itself was absolutely dull, like most turn based games.

In contrast, you have a better overall storyline in FFVIII, a much better battle system in FFXII (To those that disagree, I firmly believe that you simply never understood how to use the system), and a more coherent plot in FFX. The best of all FF games, though I'm sure someone will claim it doesn't count, was FFT. Best storyline and best battlesystem, not to mention best atmosphere. The only thing it suffered from wasspotty plot development. It could be hard to follow certain things, though War of the Lions helps with that tremendously.

So ultimately, if I'm going to be subjective, I would say that FFVII is ultimately the worst of the group, not necessarily because it was bad in and of itself, but because it wasn't particularly great and far too many people think it was the best. VI was hands down infinitely better, even without the graphics.

Oh wait. If I'm counting Tactics as best (and I can, since some people included Chronicles in their posts), then worst is FFTA. Most contrived battle system ever. "Laws! Yes! Train super warriors, and then don't use them or else you'll get soccer penalties!"

FF's Played:

1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, Tactics (Original & War of the Lions), Chronicles, Tactics Advance

iuli_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 iuli_san
Member since 2003 • 679 Posts
FF x-2 If u ask me its a game made for girls... too mutch dancing and playing around , actually almost no story line like in FF X witch is one of the best. As for the FF XII with this new battle sistem looks more like an online game with a full party controled by you with gambits, so u must choose who is tank ,healer , damage dealer ....and u can explore peacefully with no more random encounters . My favorite so far is FF X , FF XII and FF VII
darklight_wing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 darklight_wing
Member since 2003 • 60 Posts

What is this mysterious "Final Fantasy feel" everyone speaks of? As if there exists such a thing.

"Worst" is different according to different people. I disliked FF8, if only because the story revolved so much around romance--and badly written romance at that.

The battle system was kind of at a standstill between 7-9 (sorry, only completed games since 7); so I'm glad for the free-roaming in FF12 and how customizable the system was. A large part of the problem, I think, is that they failed to provide a solid tutorial informing players of how they can change the system, and that's why majority of the players just left gambits on and then moan about how boring it was.

You can play it faster, by the way. There's a speed setting in the config screen.

Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#66 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts

to me there is no worst FF game, every game worth playing from 1-12 :Pyrag31

same

carrotthead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 carrotthead
Member since 2004 • 1408 Posts
for me...f x-2...not because it's necessarily bad or anything...but because i don't think it matched up with the high standards of all the others
tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts
the only one i hate is Final Fantasy XI
The_Mad_Hatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#69 The_Mad_Hatter
Member since 2003 • 87 Posts

well, i a final fantasy fan, i still have the first final fantasy for the nes, but i think theworst thing i have see in final fantasy is the gambit system in final fantasy XII, is just not right, the old system allowed you to fight really tough monsters with low experience, it could take hours, but you could win, but the gambit system doesn't allow that, is a five minute fight and thats that.

Rixom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Rixom
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts

yeah exept when you are fighting yiazmat with over 50mil health i's like to see that done in five minutes lol

but yeah bosses where to short with the gambit system

Giff1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#71 Giff1988
Member since 2007 • 800 Posts

I have played

Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy XII

The worst FF game Ive played was FFXII, hated the gambit system and the story really didn't drag me in. Other dubious mentions.... FF X-2 very existence aggravates me.

TheRocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 TheRocha
Member since 2007 • 769 Posts
Final fantasy x2...or as a like to call it " worst attempt at giving closure to a game, while simultaneously cashing in at the cost of the gamers" i've should have seen it coming when the first cutscene is an american idol/ charlie's angels ripp off...(shivers)
lando321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 lando321
Member since 2005 • 384 Posts

All because turn-based battle system and leveling upare the worst! Hehehe!skp_16

Are you kidding me? Try playin a mmo with rediculous leveling time 1 player rpgs do not take long at all to level.

umbracascade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#74 umbracascade
Member since 2006 • 539 Posts
ff II, that crap is ugly and unplayable
armytaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#75 armytaco
Member since 2007 • 298 Posts

Well here would be my views on every FF game I have played.

Final Fantasy 1: Not much storyline, but it was there first one, so we'll let them off easy. Too much wandering the world, not enough action going on.

Final Fantasy 2: Haven't beat this one yet. But from what i've played so far, average. Kinda hard. Also, if you have no clue where you're going and you try and explore at the beginning of the game, you'll find enemies that tear the crap outta you and maul you until you die. Too many chances to walk into battle you aren't going to win.

Final Fantasy 6: Great. 2-3rd best i would say. One thing that annoyed me was how you have to go around and find all the members of your party. But this game is too great for negatives. The battles are awesome, the characters great, the storyline is nearly unmatched.

Final Fantasy 7: My personal favourite. The storyline is unsurpassable. Just overall fun.

Final Fantasy 8: Wow. Just wow. I loved this game. The junction system was really freaking annoying though. Especially how the last boss blew away your magics one at a time.

Final Fantasy 10: Another great one. Great storyline. However, the game really more or less walks on a linear path.

Final Fantasy 10-2: Haven't finished this one either. Very fast. This can get annoying. Also, the game tried to much to be "sexy" and just started being annoying. Also, the fact that Yuna sungmade me want to murder her... or at least mute my television.

Final Fantasy 12: Like some previous ones, I haven't beaten this one. The system gets annoying. In a boss fight, once two of your party members are dead, it's impossible to get your team back up to good health. This can get annoying. Also, the game got a bit too "Lord of the Rings" for my personal taste.

The clear winners of "Best FF game" are FF6, FF7 and FF8.

The losers would be FF2, FF10-2, FF11(Didn't even have to play it), and a bit FF12 (Not as much though).

NinjaBlade753

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#76 NinjaBlade753
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts
I hated FF3 for the DS. That game was just plain terrible. Too much level grinding.
skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#77 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts

[QUOTE="skp_16"]All because turn-based battle system and leveling upare the worst! Hehehe!lando321

Are you kidding me? Try playin a mmo with rediculous leveling time 1 player rpgs do not take long at all to level.

No I'm not. I don't like TBBS because for me it is dumb if you can't block& evade enemy's attacks, move around them, jump, etc.

I also don't like leveling up because it's boring, doing the same thing over and over again (killing enemies)just to raise your level. That's why I'm looking for an action-rpg that has many ways to level up.

DahlVaughnni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 DahlVaughnni
Member since 2005 • 702 Posts
Sort of a tie between ff5 and ff7... but since ff5 at least has a couple of redeeming qualities, I'll say ff7 is the worst.
chicks_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 chicks_boy
Member since 2006 • 663 Posts

Hm so far there are more FF12 Haters.

Yeaa i agree FF12is kind of boring...

gryphyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 gryphyth
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts
Final Fantasy X has to be the most over-rated. Yeh the graphics were gr8, but the voice actingvaried and some of the dialogue made me cringe like watching a really bad episode of 'The OC'. On top of which I think the plot was uninspired when compared with previous ones. And it was also far too linear, more like a 3rd person action/adventure with RPG elements. U have to go back to 6, 7 & 8 for the best examples of Final Fantasy done right.
ovadose85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 ovadose85
Member since 2006 • 505 Posts
i personaly don't think there is a bad final fantasy game but if i had to choose one it would be final fantasy mystic quest . that was the first rpg i ever played so i'm probaly being a little bit harsh because i hadn't ever played an rpg and at first glance mystic quest look's and play's horribly . but i eventually played final fantasy 3 ( 6 realy ) and fell in love with rpg's and final fantasy games in general . but final fantasy 8 was lame as hell but for some reason it's the only final fantasy i would like to see have a sequel or have the game turned into an mmorpg ( not including final fantasy 6 , that game rox )
davgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#82 davgo
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts
He! finalfantasy8 is one of the bestgames thatI have played in my life, well the story is romantic a lot and thats what makes it a little lame and all but its alright, the game that deserves to be the worst final fantasy ever is ff XII, the story is the most boring in the entire universe, and you can add that Vaan is a complete idiot (...I could kill him),and the final touch is the gameplay, lacks of the original accion that they putted before, even if now is more interactive, it becomes boring really fast..... really.
Toney29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#83 Toney29
Member since 2005 • 278 Posts
FF12 is the most overrated FF game! It would have been the best if SquareEnix made up their minds in either making it turned based (original) or real time action RPG! But instead they tried to combine the 2 combat system together and it failed horribly! I hate how I'm fighting then it pauses and I choose which enemy I can hit...it's so frustrating! Arrrggghhh!
C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#84 C-Himura
Member since 2004 • 2160 Posts
I felt FFX-2 felt more like barbie's fantasy rather than Final Fantasy. I mean, going to baby showers, hot springs... yeah, not very epic. I didn't get into FFV either, I found the story boring. As far as FFXII, I've enjoyed, I have about 90+ hours on it, but for me, the story never reaches a climatic moment or a moment where you feel everything is lost like other FF's do.
Masterbeat2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Masterbeat2
Member since 2007 • 766 Posts

FF9... funky looking characters.. one with tail.. the other one's like a frog... but vivi was cool! 8)

Bryan729

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Bryan729
see? each have different perspective, i heard that the reason the game system of Xll was different because of squaresoft becoming squareenix. the director was changed...so which do you prefer???
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
Mystic Quest and FFII are both pretty darn bad.
Zangan_Zack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#88 Zangan_Zack
Member since 2005 • 1892 Posts

I hated X-2 and Mystic Quest with a burning passion,

Final Fantasy games don't get much worse then those two.

AlastorTheLame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 AlastorTheLame

VI was the best

VII is overrated

IX reminded you about the older games

X didn't need Tidus or a cheap sequel

XII ...... too different

askaramanbaev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 askaramanbaev
Member since 2003 • 40 Posts

FFx-2 and FF 12, are just lying there in my box games and it just don't make me wanna play them... You know things were different with FFX and other retro FF, but these games... yeah... no comments...

dirktu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#91 dirktu
Member since 2005 • 717 Posts

Okay.. let's look at the 'canonical' titles:

FF 1-5: I don't think they're very interesting, little story (esp. 1&2) and only crystal orientated. A lot of better rpg titles available nowadays.

FF 6: Game is still pretty solid. Great characters, battle system is nice too and the story is finally not something about crystals.

FF 7: Never played it. Although I thought of buying it, I know games for the PSX did not age very gracefully and I just feel this game is extremely overhyped (probably because of the leap in comparison to the previous FFs) and surpassed by the other FFs in the PSX age already.

FF 8&9: Never played them. I feel they may be a little redundant now that we have FF 10, 10-2, 12 (and 6). But I would take them over FF7.

FF 10: I like the game a lot. A little too linear perhaps, but luckily the world opens up near the (very) end. Solid installment.

FF 10-2: I'm about to play this one. Looks a little too 'sexy', but I'm interested to play the sequel to 10...

FF 11: I don't care for MMORPGs. Definitely hated the KOTOR 3 news today..so that as they say is that ;)

FF 12: I'm buying this one for sure. IMO the battle system could be very refreshing after the systems used in 6, 10 and 10-2!

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#92 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

FF Mystic Quest is the worst one.

1/2 of you were still in diapers,1/4th of you weren't old enough to understand the mechanics of games, a 1/8th of you didn't know how to play RPGs, while the other 8th of us never jumped ona bandwagon because there wasn't one to jump on, when this game came out.

If you can't tell,I hate the bandwagon and dirktu is a perfect example. you can tell just by his comments.

jrotc_redneck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 jrotc_redneck
Member since 2006 • 131 Posts

ive played just about every FF...and 12 was the worst, IMO 7 was the best, but 8 is a very close 2nd...and for those who complain about the junction systems, its only cause u didn't know how to use it right, im playing 8 right now, and my chars are only lvl 50-60 with the best magic in the game (stocked from hell and heaven island.) and they can easily take on omega :) but then again this is my 4th time beating the game, so i know where absolutly everything is haha :)

oh and yeah i didn't mind X-2...the story may have sucked, but it was still fun at least i think so hell i beat the game 3 different times lol

dirktu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 dirktu

1/2 of you were still in diapers,1/4th of you weren't old enough to understand the mechanics of games, a 1/8th of you didn't know how to play RPGs, while the other 8th of us never jumped ona bandwagon because there wasn't one to jump on, when this game came out.

If you can't tell,I hate the bandwagon and dirktu is a perfect example. you can tell just by his comments.

lowkey254

Yeah right! If that were true I would have talked about FF7 as the divine game even though I have never played it (btw, how many of you actually finish FF games) and I would have hated FF10..

Come on give me a break.... just keep your weird reasoning to yourself

xenon5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 xenon5
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts

final fantasy XII-where is the spiritin the game.
lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#96 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts
[QUOTE="lowkey254"]

dirktu

Yeah right! If that were true I would have talked about FF7 as the divine game even though I have never played it (btw, how many of you actually finish FF games) and I would have hated FF10..

The reasoning fits with exactly what you've stated "A little redundant now that we have games like..." If that's not a quote from someone on the wagon I don't know what is. You know I'll take that back it maybe because it was before your time to go back and play them but it wouldn't make sense for you to play 1-5 (5 not being crystal oriented) but say that 8 & 9 are out dated. check your logic before you question my reasoning.

dirktu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 dirktu
[QUOTE="dirktu"][QUOTE="lowkey254"]

lowkey254

The reasoning fits with exactly what you've stated "A little redundant now that we have games like..." If that's not a quote from someone on the wagon I don't know what is. You know I'll take that back it maybe because it was before your time to go back and play them but it wouldn't make sense for you to play 1-5 (5 not being crystal oriented) but say that 8 & 9 are out dated. check your logic before you question my reasoning.

What are you talking about! I said: "I feel they may be a little redundant now that we have FF 10, 10-2, 12". I mean that's both "I feel" and "may be" and "a little" so please shut up. On top of that I honestly said I didn't play them.. (so I'm not playing the almighty game guru here) because I didn't have or want a PSX those days... but I don't feel the need to buy them now...so what's your point anyway..

You're actually the one that's on the wagon, hiding any info on which FF games you played, but making generic statements about them instead of "I feel" statements. To tell you the truth you sound like those guys that were telling FF7 and the PSX ruled the world before it even came out, just by watching the trailers with a lot of CG movies and thinking those were actual in-game graphics.. And telling how diverse the gameplay was, 'cause it offered snowboarding, biking etc.. But when they bought the game they didn't play it very much because they didn't know anything about RPGs and the random battles. However they would keep telling about the greatness of the game just to say "PS rules the N64"

And I don't know about your gaming experience but it is pretty clear to me that 2D games age much better than early '3D' games...

alch3mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 alch3mist
Member since 2006 • 1162 Posts

FFx-2 I couldn't get into that game. i wanna play 1-6 to see how they are

I love 7-10 and FF12 was great

Hitman_KyeZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Hitman_KyeZ
Member since 2007 • 777 Posts
I would say XII was just meh all round
ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#100 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts
hmm I would say X-2, had some interesting ideas and Rikku and Yuna are always nice to look at but the rest was just pure crap imo