silvers20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 silvers20
Member since 2005 • 100 Posts

Im now playing kingdom hearts 2 without playing the original kingdom heart game.
But they supply enough information of the first game for me to relate on to whats happening...

But which one is better? (Gameplay and Story wise)

redman100111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 redman100111
Member since 2006 • 533 Posts
Get both and find out! you shouldn't play part 2 with out playing part 1 it messes everything up...
nywled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nywled
Member since 2005 • 359 Posts
Get both and find out! you shouldn't play part 2 with out playing part 1 it messes everything up...redman100111
yep! kh2 has the better gameplay and graphics. although, it's best to play the first one, to complete the story. i mean, lots of things, places and people you encounter in kh2 are connected to kh1. :D
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115430 Posts
you should have gotten kingdom hearts one first, tthat would give you a better description of the first game so you can understand whats going on in the second
Stonewallboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Stonewallboy
Member since 2006 • 1677 Posts
But who has played the GBA one? I have,
superairlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 superairlike
Member since 2006 • 169 Posts
The KH1 and kh2 Had close connection ,BOTH IS fantastic.
silvers20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 silvers20
Member since 2005 • 100 Posts
[QUOTE="redman100111"]Get both and find out! you shouldn't play part 2 with out playing part 1 it messes everything up...nywled
yep! kh2 has the better gameplay and graphics. although, it's best to play the first one, to complete the story. i mean, lots of things, places and people you encounter in kh2 are connected to kh1. :D

I see.. alrighty ill take the advice since I've just started playing Kingdom Hearts 2.
Rated_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Rated_25
Member since 2006 • 1746 Posts
Plz get them both. KH2 has indeed better graphics...KH1 on the other hand has a better storyline and is more challenging. Also...You can get KH1 very cheap nowadays. And you will understand the -strange/vague- story better. :D Have fun playing KH1/2...I know I had. :D
Dantex386

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dantex386
Member since 2007 • 38 Posts

But who has played the GBA one? I have,Stonewallboy

um guy he's right the gba game is what concents kh to kh2

soulsdeparting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 soulsdeparting
Member since 2006 • 1537 Posts

kh1 was revolutionary imo. simply astounding and the story is awesome

kh2 improvd on kh1 in so many ways i was simply floored when i played it.

so id say kh2 is better, but buy kh1, youll understand the story so much better.

Roosnurm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Roosnurm
Member since 2006 • 97 Posts
The 1st one is better.
all_mint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 all_mint
Member since 2007 • 96 Posts
I think the 2nd one is better since it has a lot of gameplay improvement. But well, both rockss!! btw, you should play both since they're closely related one to another.
Shadow-Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shadow-Elite
Member since 2007 • 18289 Posts
Kingdom Hearts 2 in gameplay completely sucks its button mashing all the way though
Rated_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Rated_25
Member since 2006 • 1746 Posts
Kingdom Hearts 2 in gameplay completely sucks its button mashing all the way thoughShadow-Elite
Not much different as 1....
kazekage1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kazekage1234
Member since 2007 • 1351 Posts
u should try khcom for gba thats my favorite kingdom hearts game:D
Avatar image for deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e
deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#16 deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e
Member since 2006 • 1311 Posts

I like both of them, but you should get the first one to actually too understand it fully of the game. The second is little better gameplay and graphics while the first has more understanding of the story.

super_police

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 super_police
Member since 2003 • 884 Posts

The first one is fun because of the immersive worlds, the intriging story, and a bunch of little disney nuances that made it one of the best games for the ps2.

The second one has some of the excitement with the worlds, but a lot less, because the worlds have less explorable areas, and many of the worlds are repeats from the first game.   Also the story line from the second is kinda a heaping pile of poo.   Maybe if they cut out all the stuff about organization 13 it would be better.   

Both games have a bunch of really fun boss fights.   And that is coming from someone who hates boss fights in most games.

PenguinGlen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PenguinGlen
Member since 2006 • 1537 Posts

Both games are simply legends imo.

I recommend buying and playing both games and obviously to play the first game first as you'll understand the story A LOT more better on KHII and also you'll miss out on a whole lot of fun if you do not play KH.

I love both games but I prefer KHII as it has improved gameplay (the camera, gummi ship and battle system) and better graphics etc. The only thing that makes KH better than the second is that it is more challenging.

Make sure you play both games though and obviously play the first game before the second. You'll be sure to have hours and hours of fun with both... happy game-playing! :D 

xcooldude7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xcooldude7
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
go on http://www.greatmaplestorytips7.piczo.com/ for some game cheats
Avatar image for deactivated-5c68d7f3aa14a
deactivated-5c68d7f3aa14a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#20 deactivated-5c68d7f3aa14a
Member since 2004 • 1200 Posts
I say Kingdom Hearts 1 is better by a long shot. Kingdom Hearts 2 is very boring, and the game just never really lets you play as much as it does dump cutscenes on you every 5 seconds. The camera control also makes thing annoying and the gameplay just isn't fun.
KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

The first one is fun because of the immersive worlds, the intriging story, and a bunch of little disney nuances that made it one of the best games for the ps2.

The second one has some of the excitement with the worlds, but a lot less, because the worlds have less explorable areas, and many of the worlds are repeats from the first game.   Also the story line from the second is kinda a heaping pile of poo.   Maybe if they cut out all the stuff about organization 13 it would be better.   

Both games have a bunch of really fun boss fights.   And that is coming from someone who hates boss fights in most games.

super_police

What are you talking about? KH2 is ten times the game KH1 was. For one, the story was way more mature than the first's. Second, the villains were totally awesome compared to that pansey Ansem from the first one. The graphics and gameplay were far superior. The difficulty could have been jacked up a bit, but with Final Mix coming this fall and it having a harder difficulty mode, that won't be a problem much longer.I do wish they could have created some battles in KH2 where you had to use magic to win (Phantom in Neverland from first). Other than that, the game was flawless and completely superior to the first. People need to stop baggin on the second one and start enjoying it. JEEEEEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

simdeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 simdeer
Member since 2003 • 480 Posts
both can't pick one
Avatar image for IsNotInterestes
IsNotInterestes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 IsNotInterestes
Member since 2007 • 1836 Posts
Kingdom Hearts II's story pisses all over KH1's story.
TheAbstrakt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheAbstrakt
Member since 2006 • 1736 Posts
KH2>KH gameplay wise but story wise CoM pwns them both. CoM>KH>KHII story wise
Avatar image for IsNotInterestes
IsNotInterestes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 IsNotInterestes
Member since 2007 • 1836 Posts
[QUOTE="TheAbstrakt"]KH2>KH gameplay wise but story wise CoM pwns them both. CoM>KH>KHII story wise

It had a very good story, compared to most S-E games on the GBA. (The Final Fantasy remakes don't count)
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#26 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
KH2 is better by a mile. Played KH2 first and tried to go play the original KH... man, KH felt horrible by comparison.
yungboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 yungboi
Member since 2003 • 1466 Posts
KH 1 had a more coherent story. KH 2's story was all over the place. That said, i had a better time with KH 2 because it was more of a refinement over the first.
Viena-Dumpling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Viena-Dumpling
Member since 2006 • 138 Posts
Both of them rocked! In number II there is a lot of background shown from Kingdom Hearts I, Still you should really play both of them to get the full story and experience^^
Viena-Dumpling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Viena-Dumpling
Member since 2006 • 138 Posts
Gameplay wise, I say Kingdom Hearts II was much better.
flowerpedal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 flowerpedal
Member since 2006 • 570 Posts

Kingdom Hearts 2 is better...it would be really confusing if didnt play the first one... n the clothes from KH2 is better XD
KH:com is optional...but better if played?

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
In my opinion KH2 has the better gameplay (Cleaner, touched up, adds more) but the story in KH1 is better.
countschlong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 countschlong
Member since 2003 • 160 Posts
Loved KH1. KH2, however, is nowhere near as good.  For one, the story is absolutely horribly convoluted.  The first had a good narrative and you really got into the story; this one, however, has a story that makes little-to-no sense and is pointless to boot (you basically search for King Mickey and Rikku - that's it.  That's the story).  Gameplay-wise, I guess you could say KH2 is better, but only if you like a hundred things thrown at you at once.  KH1 had a subtle, but realized, combat system; it was fun and easily accessible.  KH2, not so much, especially considering the worlds are a lot smaller and there's a lot less exploring.  Oh, and KH2 is WAAAAY easy, even on the hardest setting.  The first had one of the most challenging bosses out there.
Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts
i prefer kh2, but both are great anyway ^^
07Sephiroth00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 07Sephiroth00

The camera controls are much better in the second game since the first games camera sucked and there is a lot more to do in 2 than in 1 like the drive form and the gummi ship were more fun than in the first game

alch3mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 alch3mist
Member since 2006 • 1162 Posts
i love both games get both if you can. Kh1 is much harder which i like but KH2 has cooler characters the orginzation 13 is really cool
2deluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#36 2deluxe
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts

What are you talking about? KH2 is ten times the game KH1 was. For one, the story was way more mature than the first's. KH-mixerX

Mature =/= better dude. And just because they deliberately made it so confusing in the beginning, that does not make for a superior story. 

The difficulty could have been jacked up a bit, but with Final Mix coming this fall and it having a harder difficulty mode, that won't be a problem much longer.KH-mixerX

And where did you get this news from? Your butt is not a credible source so remember that.

Other than that, the game was flawless and completely superior to the first. People need to stop baggin on the second one and start enjoying it. JEEEEEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!KH-mixerX

The Gummi ship thing still sucked ass, most the worlds are microscopic, some of the worlds (especially the repeated ones) are redundant and irelevant to the story, Oragnization 13 still sucks, that damn singing sequences in Atlantica SUCKED, and it was too freaking easy. Flawless my ass, KH2 gave us more problems than solutions. 

zero030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 zero030
Member since 2007 • 814 Posts
I liked kingdom hearts 2 better in every respect compared to the first one.
aznballer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 aznballer91
Member since 2006 • 786 Posts

[QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]What are you talking about? KH2 is ten times the game KH1 was. For one, the story was way more mature than the first's. 2deluxe

Mature =/= better dude. And just because they deliberately made it so confusing in the beginning, that does not make for a superior story.

The difficulty could have been jacked up a bit, but with Final Mix coming this fall and it having a harder difficulty mode, that won't be a problem much longer.KH-mixerX

And where did you get this news from? Your butt is not a credible source so remember that.

Other than that, the game was flawless and completely superior to the first. People need to stop baggin on the second one and start enjoying it. JEEEEEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!KH-mixerX

The Gummi ship thing still sucked ass, most the worlds are microscopic, some of the worlds (especially the repeated ones) are redundant and irelevant to the story, Oragnization 13 still sucks, that damn singing sequences in Atlantica SUCKED, and it was too freaking easy. Flawless my ass, KH2 gave us more problems than solutions.

u can suck my __________ 

slayerd63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 slayerd63
Member since 2005 • 336 Posts

The KH1 and kh2 Had close connection ,BOTH IS fantastic. superairlike

i have..and btw imo KH is way betters than KH2....waaayyyyy better 

ddgafd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ddgafd
Member since 2007 • 193 Posts

Loved KH1. KH2, however, is nowhere near as good.  For one, the story is absolutely horribly convoluted.  The first had a good narrative and you really got into the story; this one, however, has a story that makes little-to-no sense and is pointless to boot (you basically search for King Mickey and Rikku - that's it.  That's the story).

countschlong

Oh,just like in the first one, except youre looking for Kairi and Riku, which is nearly the same thing.

Gameplay-wise, I guess you could say KH2 is better, but only if you like a hundred things thrown at you at once.

countschlong

Or maybe thousand, like in the 1000 Heartless battle? Or going around worlds and getting ganged up by 20 Heartless? I guess the game does throw loads of Heartless AND Nobodies. Especially in Naught's Skyway.

KH1 had a subtle, but realized, combat system; it was fun and easily accessible.

countschlong

The menu in KH1 had 4 options, Attack, Magic, Items and The Action command. KH2 had the Action command bar replaced with a Reaction command. So, in KH1 you can't open chests while battling, but in KH2 you can! And it's really freaking annoying to choose "Open" from the bottom of the menu, but there are shortcuts, in both KH1 and KH2. KHH1 had 3 slots, Kh2 had 4 slots. And KH2 has 2 different menus, but I don't care, since I rarely use Summons or Limits from the menu. The Reaction Commands in KH2 are a huge plus.

KH2, not so much, especially considering the worlds are a lot smaller and there's a lot less exploring. 

countschlong

They are A BIT smaller than SOME worlds in KH1. And in KH2 you have to visit every place in a world to advance. There are different worlds in KH2, which is good. Also, KH2 HAS more worlds! Just count them.

Oh, and KH2 is WAAAAY easy, even on the hardest setting. 

countschlong

KH2 is easy, but it's hard in some parts like Demyx battle

The first had one of the most challenging bosses out there.

countschlong

I agree. KH1 had difficult bosses, but how many? If not counting Olympos Colisseum tournament bosses, I'd say KH1 had about 22 bosses, but how many did KH2 have? Let's see...about 34 bosses! I counted in all bosses who came twice as 2 in both KH1 and KH2. So, there should be some challenge to beat 34 bosses, right? And they're not all easy.

bradlybradbrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bradlybradbrad
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts
I'd say KH2, but you should play KH1 first. The GBA one is unnecessary, I played it because I didn't want to miss any of the story but you find out everything that happens during KH2 anyways. The only thing you gain from the GBA one is some insight into Riku does what he does. Ayways, KH2 is better in terms of gameplay (the reactions are a nice touch) and story. The story in 1 was amazing, but I like 2 better because it was a little less... Disney. Less cartoony.
gman56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 gman56
Member since 2004 • 6542 Posts
Kingdom Hearts 1 hands down. 2 felt a bit "rushed".
iceglitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 iceglitch
KH2 is better in everything
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

Kingdom Hearts > Kingdom Hearts 2

For one thing, I loved the original Kingdom Hearts. It had a very nice atmosphere and some good challenge. When Kingdom Hearts II was released I was excited about it. I bought it the first week it came out. Though it was more of a button masher compared the original game. The tutorial took way too long and I just didn't have the patience for it. The lack of flying disappointed me. Also, every single boss was easy as hell. Summons were never needed when I fought anything. As long as I kept on button mashing one or two moves I would win. The original, dodging and evading moves were necessary as well as summons. Kingdom Hearts II is just way too easy. At least theres flash. 

eric220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 eric220
Definetly part 2 but like everyone else says play 1 before 2
ashe666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ashe666
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Kingdom Hearts 2 is the better game, graphically of course as it was made later, andthe fighting has taken about 5 stpes forward! fantastic up paced, with the addition of the combo button (trianlge). The story is darker in KH2 which i prefer, and stay away form the chain of memories on GBA, a boring repetitive game!
-blue_beret75-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 -blue_beret75-
Member since 2007 • 365 Posts
KH2 is better!!
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
Kingdom Hearts 2 is the better game, graphically of course as it was made later, andthe fighting has taken about 5 stpes forward! fantastic up paced, with the addition of the combo button (trianlge). The story is darker in KH2 which i prefer, and stay away form the chain of memories on GBA, a boring repetitive game!ashe666
It took 5 steps backwards.
Pumster76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 Pumster76
Member since 2003 • 227 Posts
My god, what are you doing? Play the original, it's the better game of the two. However, the story is what makes Kingdom Hearts stand out, and while I has the better story, the second is definitely good and original enough to recommend. Start from the original!
thug_angel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 thug_angel123
Member since 2006 • 607 Posts
well you might regret buying the first one since you already started the 2nd one overall the 2nd one is much better...