i'm a girl gamer so why treat us diffrently

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamergoddess89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 gamergoddess89
Member since 2006 • 47 Posts

i'm so sick of playing online games its not even funny its seems every time i get on gears of war and people find out i'm a girl they start saying horrible things like "oh shes prob. some obese chick with pimples all over her face who can't get a date and has nothing better to do"

i'm sick of it fellows we have fingers an thumbs just like you guys so why act like that when you see a girl online?

bobbyD213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 bobbyD213
Member since 2006 • 711 Posts
Some guys are Jerks.
joey101010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 joey101010
Member since 2003 • 7521 Posts
Cause it is usually true.
-Water-Wings-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -Water-Wings-
Member since 2006 • 1099 Posts

And why are there always girl gamers complaining and trying to get their attention.

bitemeslippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#5 bitemeslippy
Member since 2005 • 1626 Posts
Cause it is usually true.joey101010

dude not true I kno some hot chicks that occasionally play video games my gf even loves shootin stuff and shes a cheerleader
Zorbrak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Zorbrak
Member since 2006 • 118 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, just keep in mind that they're probably obese GUYS with pimples all over their face who can't get a date and have nothing better to do.
skyline_racer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 skyline_racer1
Member since 2004 • 2126 Posts
They're actually the ones that are obese and have pimples all over there face.  Don't listen to them.  Just keep on playing your game and don't let it get on your nerves.

Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts
I have 4 friends who are female that i play WoW with. They are all hideously bad looking. Im sure thats not an exact average but i doubt its very far from it.

If you really have problems with it just stop telling people you are a girl?
Tdouglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 Tdouglass
Member since 2005 • 1369 Posts

They're just insecure. How else do they get all these lovely visuals of "your face"? They look in a mirror and say what they see.

I'm a guy, but I really don't care about the genders of people I play with, I care about how good they are and if they're fun to play with. Honestly, some of the best people I've played with online have been girls, both the most skilled and the most fun. Many people are just ignorant, and if you have to play with people like that, just drop the game and find a new crowd.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#10 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
People on xbl and psn are asshats.....actually most of the internet is. They'll attack anyone who is different, it doesn't matter your race or sex.

gamergoddess89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gamergoddess89
I have 4 friends who are female that i play WoW with. They are all hideously bad looking. Im sure thats not an exact average but i doubt its very far from it.

Alter_Echo
lol i think they can prob tell i'm a girl what should i say i'm a 17 year old boy who hasn't hit puberty yet?
KevinCamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 KevinCamp24
Member since 2006 • 626 Posts

I know a lot of cheerleaders who just love to shoot stuff.

Edit: In video games

Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts
[QUOTE="Alter_Echo"]I have 4 friends who are female that i play WoW with. They are all hideously bad looking. Im sure thats not an exact average but i doubt its very far from it.

gamergoddess89
lol i think they can prob tell i'm a girl what should i say i'm a 17 year old boy who hasn't hit puberty yet?

Dont talk in the headset? You either want to play and use voicechat enough to put up with it or you dont. Either way dont complain. Nobody is making you do it.
EtherTwilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 EtherTwilight
Member since 2005 • 1142 Posts

i'm so sick of playing online games its not even funny its seems every time i get on gears of war and people find out i'm a girl they start saying horrible things like "oh shes prob. some obese chick with pimples all over her face who can't get a date and has nothing better to do"

i'm sick of it fellows we have fingers an thumbs just like you guys so why act like that when you see a girl online?

gamergoddess89
What's more immature than them saying that is that you let it get to you. Stick up your nose and let it be, as you're never going to stop people from being stupid. That's really the only explanation. The real question is - How much stupidity can you tolerate in your day to day hobby? :P
gamergoddess89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gamergoddess89
well most people who don't have a headset get booted so i think that would get old fast to
katamari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 katamari
Member since 2004 • 1317 Posts

gamergoddess89
I think girls that game are awesome!! The more the better!! My daughters grew up gaming with their old man and it was cool!!
JediMoogle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#18 JediMoogle
Member since 2004 • 21123 Posts
I treat everyone equally.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
They probably never even talked to a girl before, most of them anyways, especially in Gears of Wars, half of them probably don't even leave their house. I know quite a few girls who play some video games, and most are really beautiful too. It's just a sterotype that girls who play video games are automatically ugly and obese.
EtherTwilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 EtherTwilight
They probably never even talked to a girl before, most of them anyways, especially in Gears of Wars, half of them probably don't even leave their house. I know quite a few girls who play some video games, and most are really beautiful too. It's just a sterotype that girls who play video games are automatically ugly and obese.Flame_Blade88
It's also just a stereotype that these people sit around in their parents' basement, sustaining themselves solely on Cheetos and Mountain Dew, and avoiding the light of the sun like vampires. All these generalizations amount to the same thing. You guys are just as inconsiderate and rude as the people the TC is discussing.
Pablo620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Pablo620
Member since 2004 • 4980 Posts
my friends sister is hot and she's a gamer. She's also a crazy computer nerd...shes hot
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
[QUOTE="Flame_Blade88"]They probably never even talked to a girl before, most of them anyways, especially in Gears of Wars, half of them probably don't even leave their house. I know quite a few girls who play some video games, and most are really beautiful too. It's just a sterotype that girls who play video games are automatically ugly and obese.EtherTwilight
It's also just a stereotype that these people sit around in their parents' basement, sustaining themselves solely on Cheetos and Mountain Dew, and avoiding the light of the sun like vampires. All these generalizations amount to the same thing. You guys are just as inconsiderate and rude as the people the TC is discussing.

Did I say something wrong?
EtherTwilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 EtherTwilight
They probably never even talked to a girl before, most of them anyways.Flame_Blade88
I'd say so.
Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 Sim_genius
Member since 2005 • 9562 Posts
I wouldnt treat you like that. I'd appreciate to have a girld buddy to play online.
aznballer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 aznballer91
Member since 2006 • 786 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, just keep in mind that they're probably obese GUYS with pimples all over their face who can't get a date and have nothing better to do. Zorbrak
i concur
EtherTwilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 EtherTwilight
At any rate. gamergoddess, I can see your dilemma, I really can, but nobody's going to be able to change it until attitudes regarding girls playing videogames changes. So, until then, here are the options as I see 'em: 1) Ignore their stupidity. You'll probably be doing this with other stuff too, so might as well just include talks regarding your social life and/or personal appearance or hygiene. 2) Start/Join a female gaming clan. They're out there - I swear it. If you're having trouble finding one, then start one. Nothing will shut up a group of obnoxious people faster than getting owned and ridiculed on their own turf. This way a) Everyone on your team will be a girl, and b) If your clan ends up being any good, then you'll be able to turn a few heads, insofar as people who feel that gender matters in something as trivial as this, mind you. 3) Stop playing videogames, and stop using the internet. Alternately: Stop using headsets, and don't divulge your gender to anyone. Those are your three safest bets. Outside of that, there's nothing anyone can do regarding this issue of ignorance. Hope for the best.
Jagazaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jagazaar
Member since 2007 • 1023 Posts
Good ol' internet. Something about the fact that one is mostly anonymous online leads a lot of people to act like total jerkoffs. Don't think that you're being singled out for being just a girl, those people are probably the type that also scream racial slurs and stuff like '****ing haX0r n00b, stop using the (insert name of whatever weapon here), you (insert some more idiocy here)!!!' at people who beat them.

This is why I try to avoid online play. There's too many idiots that detract from the genuinely good players :roll:
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#29 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Since when did it matter what people think or say over online games? It's a game girl. Why should you care what people have to say. It's not a social meeting, your there to kick ass and have fun.
soulsdeparting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 soulsdeparting
Member since 2006 • 1537 Posts
i dont. in fact id rather date a girl who doesnt think of one of my hobbies is pointless and dumb. but who am i to care if youre a guy or girl? id kick your ass in gears of war any day, male or female. oh this is the ps2 forum.... GOD OF WAR II WILL RULE.
Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

gamergoddess89

HEY!  Get back to knitting!!!  jk jk jk  :D
But seriously, I think they're just trying to mess with your head.  They're playing mind games with you.  They'e just hoping to piss you off enough to distract you.  Because really, no guy wants to lose to a girl at anything.  Well, most guys anyway.  So just keep your cool and go in there and kick their ass's.  It'll make the pwnage all the more sweeter.  Just be sure to mention about 100 times that they got smoked by a girl. 
NuclearFreedom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NuclearFreedom
Member since 2006 • 1235 Posts
I support girl gamers!!!:) and yeah dont listen to those fools who makes fun of girls online. They're probably the same thing but are guys and are the one who can't get dates.
vidplayer8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 vidplayer8
Member since 2006 • 18549 Posts
Well you just stereotyped every guy playing online as being sexist, and a jerk. I'm not, some are just under the impression that "hot" girls don't play video games, and only dorky ugly ones do. Which is NOT true of course. All people of different backgrounds play video games. My sister plays mostly racing games, and i'm trying to get her into other ones. I tried to get my mom to play video games so that she will be a fan, and might be me some.
Ryan-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ryan-06
Member since 2006 • 1081 Posts

gamergoddess89

Well I think you're a nice girl.  I got some girl-friends who are beautiful that can outdo me in games like Tekken, and even some shooters :) Stereotypes are useless, just like ignorance.

If you run into those individuals online, you could always use mute, my friends do that a lot for annoying people in general.

=)

Avatar image for BigDaddyGamePro
BigDaddyGamePro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BigDaddyGamePro
Member since 2005 • 34 Posts

Gamers will always be gamers. They have their own rules and standards. It's something you can't do much about. I admit that there are some that like to insult people just to feel better about themselves. They do that to try to erase a loss that happened to them recently. It's a pointless instinct for the ones that insult others. I know quite a bit of chick gamers and they're pretty cool to hang with. I treat every gamer equally and that is all that matters.

As for the Frag Dolls winning the MLG Tournament, they did that to gain reputation as a gamer and to help revolutionalize gaming as a whole. I have no objection to that and I'm glad that the gaming industry is evolving for the better. Never let any insults prevent you from having fun.

"Video Games 4-Life"

"Video games is more than just a hobby, it's a way of life." --BigDaddyGamePro

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, just keep in mind that they're probably obese GUYS with pimples all over their face who can't get a date and have nothing better to do. Zorbrak
lol
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115430 Posts
ignore them, maybe they just think they are better. i bet if you own them in a game they wont say that anymore
dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts
it's one thing talking online, and another thing in RL. online is probably the only place where most those guys have enough confidence to talk to a girl (even if they're saying bad stuff) to be honest, if this were RL and you came up to talk to me i'd probably freeze up (i'm a very nervous person):oops:
Avatar image for TheCrimsonKoopa
TheCrimsonKoopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 TheCrimsonKoopa
Member since 2006 • 2031 Posts
Because girls have cooties.
TroublemakerTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TroublemakerTM
Member since 2005 • 51 Posts
Well. I know some guys that have the attitude of women doing what they should be doing. Like they belong in the kitchen, but I'll stop there. If you hear more, things won't go pretty. I just had enough of them treating females like that. So I left them and they think they're cool. Anyway, who cares what they say. As long as you're happy doing what you're doing, does it matter what people say about you? Do you want to change the life-style you enjoy for them? I think not.
baiums_inferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 baiums_inferno
Member since 2005 • 2608 Posts
people are stupid, that just how it is. nothing you can do about that. though, in MMOs, being a girl is a plus, people will help you a lot more than they would help guys.
mura89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mura89
Member since 2007 • 50 Posts

And why are there always girl gamers complaining and trying to get their attention.

-Water-Wings-

very true I have some girlfriend that play and are always trying to get  your  attention, to let you know she´s a girl
I don´t know why but that´s what they do and then I frag them :twisted:

but there not ugly at all some are very cute :P
mura89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mura89
Member since 2007 • 50 Posts
[QUOTE="Alter_Echo"]I have 4 friends who are female that i play WoW with. They are all hideously bad looking. Im sure thats not an exact average but i doubt its very far from it.

gamergoddess89

coud work :wink:
CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#44 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
Not all male gamers treat women differently. It just seems like that because the few who discriminate tend to be louder than those who don't.
3DayFinisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 3DayFinisher
Member since 2007 • 40501 Posts

I never judge anyone until I see them play

I've known a few girls who could kick my ass at a game or two.

the_zero_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 the_zero_one
Member since 2004 • 149 Posts
get more girls gaming and this will change. let me tell you the wii will change this. Ive got one and girls just love it. Most of them actually see the point of gaming now. And its very funny watching all that "Oh, men are just so competitive." attitude disappearing when someone blows up a balloon quicker than them.
Avatar image for qoakzmwisjxneud
qoakzmwisjxneud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47 qoakzmwisjxneud
Member since 2005 • 775 Posts
Just go out and frag em, and say"you may have a good mouth but i bet your dont have good skill" also why are u posting this on a ps2 forum, you sed xbl, anyway just turn off your mic and stop attracting attention, post a pic of ur face
3DayFinisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 3DayFinisher
Member since 2007 • 40501 Posts

Just go out and frag em, and say"you may have a good mouth but i bet your dont have good skill" also why are u posting this on a ps2 forum, you sed xbl, anyway just turn off your mic and stop attracting attention, post a pic of ur faceqoakzmwisjxneud

good idea

-Gijutsu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 -Gijutsu-
Member since 2005 • 8227 Posts
because most of us dudes are idiots
Syapie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Syapie
Member since 2005 • 27 Posts
how they know u r girls...... just play the game n enjoy ..