Y u no play quakelive

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Does dis not look like fun, and you guys keep posting videos on how games now suck with that Quake 1 video if done today. Ql is waiting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEBcu4sHQHk (I just finished making it ;') )

Look above to see why it is so fun

ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 ShimmerMan
Member since 2008 • 4634 Posts

I didn't spend $1000 on a gaming pc to play a game which can run off gameboy color.

edit: saying that I'm installing this pos looking game right now. I'm pretty sure I'm going to own everyone online and get bored and quit though. But meh I guess I'll give it a try.

Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Socijalisticka
Member since 2011 • 1555 Posts

Y u no play ROTC ethernet?

http://ethernet.wasted.ch/

It's no quake live ofcourse:P.

Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Socijalisticka
Member since 2011 • 1555 Posts

I didn't spend $1000 on a gaming pc to play a game which can run off gameboy color.

edit: saying that I'm installing this pos looking game right now. I'm pretty sure I'm going to own everyone online and get bored and quit though. But meh I guess I'll give it a try.

ShimmerMan

If you're limiting yourself to modern games, you are really missing out:?.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

Does dis not look like fun, and you guys keep posting videos on how games now suck with that Quake 1 video if done today. Ql is waiting

Look above to see why it is so fun

JigglyWiggly_

jiggly was that rita from mmpr at the end?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObZunDJ6dQI

i dont play quakelive as i play APB, thats time consuming enough thx.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts
I've played the crap outta Quake 3 years ago...went into competitive matches and stuffs. Not to mention competitive Quake 2 and 1. Its good though that the game is good enough to still have a pretty healthy audience even today.
arto1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 arto1223
Member since 2005 • 4412 Posts

The voice at the end, was that the evil chick from Power Rangers???

Great video.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ionusX

The voice at the end, was that the evil chick from Power Rangers???

Great video.

arto1223

, there have been like 40 of those, be more specific.anyway my thoughts exactly

Esoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Esoteric
Member since 2003 • 720 Posts

I'm playing Tribes Ascend beta instead. :D Anyone who wants a key head here: http://www.facebook.com/tribesascend?sk=app_126443417467788

simardbrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 simardbrad
Member since 2004 • 2355 Posts

No offense, but you've already made like over 9000 posts/threads on why we aren't playing quake live... give it a rest.

jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jonleeprice
Member since 2011 • 1455 Posts

Dude....you missed nearly every shot, what are you trying to show us? your terrible ability to play this game or its terrible hit detection ?

Yea i played it..........

...............years ago.

Silicel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Silicel1
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts

Dude....you missed nearly every shot, what are you trying to show us? your terrible ability to play this game or its terrible hit detection ?

jonleeprice
LOL
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JigglyWiggly_

jonleeprice

Terrible hit detection? I missed 2 rails in the whole video. (You realize it's 2 rails in a row to make an impressive)

You are watching a demo file, which is what the server records of me playing hence it isn't 1:1

Or you're just bothering me, i fell for teh trap.

if that doesn't satisfy you, I just uploaded is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAucTgyorw0

jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jonleeprice

[QUOTE="jonleeprice"]

JigglyWiggly_

Terrible hit detection? I missed 2 rails in the whole video. (You realize it's 2 rails in a row to make an impressive)

You are watching a demo file, which is what the server records of me playing hence it isn't 1:1

Or you're just bothering me.

if that doesn't satisfy you, I just uploaded is youtube.com/watch?v=PAucTgyorw0

Dude you just hide round a corner and pop out now and again like a jack in the box (looks almost like spawn camping to me), come on give me somthing that impresses. And its hard to tell whats going on with those ancient graphics looks like it was made for the gameboy colour ;)

spittis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 spittis
Member since 2005 • 1875 Posts

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

[QUOTE="jonleeprice"]

jonleeprice

Or you're just bothering me.

if that doesn't satisfy you, I just uploaded is youtube.com/watch?v=PAucTgyorw0

Dude you just hide round a corner and pop out now and again like a jack in the box (looks almost like spawn camping to me), come on give me somthing that impresses. And its hard to tell whats going on with those ancient graphics looks like it was made for the gameboy colour ;)

Bad trolling. Nice videos Jiggly.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
Stop trolling, go do something constructive.
jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jonleeprice
Stop trolling, go do something constructive.DanielDust
The whole thread is on the verge of a troll thread, some kid whining coz noone is playing a 2007 game that looks like its from the mid 90's, and trying to show of his terrible gameplay/terrible hit detection in one vid then his "uber" spawn camping in another. Stupid thread....gets stupid replys.
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
No interest in playing it.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JigglyWiggly_
[QUOTE="DanielDust"]Stop trolling, go do something constructive.jonleeprice
The whole thread is on the verge of a troll thread, some kid whining coz noone is playing a 2007 game that looks like its from the mid 90's, and trying to show of his terrible gameplay/terrible hit detection in one vid then his "uber" spawn camping in another. Stupid thread....gets stupid replys.

Well you seem srz, so a srz answer 2007? It came in 2010, and I'd hope it looks like it came form the 90s because it's just a modified version of quake 3. The hit detection in Ql is one of the best in online video games, not the best though, 100tick CSS servers with like cl_cmdrate 80 forced are the best. OFC no servers do that anymore. You are watching hit detection from a record of what the server wrote down, hence it isn't what I was actually seeing, in fact that isn't at all what I am seeing. I play on the lowest graphics, I opened the demos in wolfcam ql to make em perty. The spawn camping in the 2nd vid? Sure, but I should have easily been taken down after doing that a few times.
mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

The only stupid replies came from you so I guess that makes you the only stupid in the thread?

Anyways, I concur with what another guy said, you are trolling but failing at it.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ionusX

[QUOTE="jonleeprice"][QUOTE="DanielDust"]Stop trolling, go do something constructive.mirgamer

The only stupid replies came from you so I guess that makes you the only stupid in the thread?

Anyways, I concur with what another guy said, you are trolling but failing at it.

very

he makes gambl3r look good..

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

I think I just read something from you in another thread that was so stupid I just closed that tab. Now I wish I had kept it open to show you how stupid you are, but reopening old tabs takes 3 keys and you can go **** yourself.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ionusX

[QUOTE="jonleeprice"][QUOTE="DanielDust"]Stop trolling, go do something constructive.GummiRaccoon

I think I just read something from you in another thread that was so stupid I just closed that tab. Now I wish I had kept it open to show you how stupid you are, but reopening old tabs takes 3 keys and you can go **** yourself.

omg that deserves to be signatured so badly gummi!

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

I don't play online shooters. Just not my thing.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#25 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11789 Posts

Honestly I wouldn't mind trying it out, is it free?

I don't really want to spend anymore money on games for a while, seeing as how I have SWTOR and that will take up a good amount of my gaming time.

But I wouldn't mind giving it a go if it is free. I use to love Quake back in the day, never got to play a lot of multiplayer, internet was scarse here back then. (and expensive)

I did however, beat Quake 1, and Quake 2 (both on n64 though) and I beat quake 4 on 360.

I know I will prolly get my ass handed to me at first. But I adapt quickly, and far from a horrible gamer!

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
I played it a while back. Now my skill atrophied tot he point where I am just going to get rolled over on any server I get on. No fun in that.
NightmareP3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#27 NightmareP3
Member since 2010 • 259 Posts

Main reason i'm not playing Quake Live is becuse it's infested with people who no-lifed that game these past few years. Even the lower skilled servers are filled with people who instantly rail you if even one inch of your body gets exposed on their monitor. I preffer reinstall Quake 3 and playing it with some friends on LAN.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

No offense, but you've already made like over 9000 posts/threads on why we aren't playing quake live... give it a rest.

simardbrad

This. And as for you asking why i dont play quake, TC.....i f*ckin hate arena shooters, especially the 1990s kind

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"] You are watching hit detection from a record of what the server wrote down, hence it isn't what I was actually seeing, in fact that isn't at all what I am seeing. I play on the lowest graphics, I opened the demos in wolfcam ql to make em perty. The spawn camping in the 2nd vid? Sure, but I should have easily been taken down after doing that a few times.

It's funny how these little graphics wench scrubs are clueless as to what exactly demos/theater mode in games record. Anyway, I do play Quake Live and so do several of my friends, albeit I just play occasionally and play instagibbed almost exclusively. Anytime I hear a game is free to play I check it out since here in NYC we don't have bandwidth caps and it's not like I lose anything by trying a game out. PC gamers are becoming very close minded as a whole and certain mainstream PC titles are only doing more to damage what was once a far less polluted platform, what can I say :(
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#30 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

I'm just not really good at fast-paced shooters. I have a good aim, but my reflexes are kind of slow. Constantly having to move around also gets on my nerves.

So I think I'll pass in order to avoid a whole lot of frustration.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Lags too much for me for some reason. I rather play the original Q3, but even that rarely.

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts

Main reason i'm not playing Quake Live is becuse it's infested with people who no-lifed that game these past few years. Even the lower skilled servers are filled with people who instantly rail you if even one inch of your body gets exposed on their monitor. I preffer reinstall Quake 3 and playing it with some friends on LAN.

NightmareP3
That's what happens when developers make a game that is to be taken seriously... It's not like some of the shooters like nowadays where "strategy" aka cheap tactics you can look up online with enough searching dominate as opposed to actual skill, and while consoles can be partly blamed for it, really who is to blame are PC users who accept the status quo of how casual PC FPS gaming is becoming.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

And its hard to tell whats going on with those ancient graphics looks like it was made for the gameboy colour ;)

jonleeprice
Then go play Cowadooty.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JigglyWiggly_

I'm just not really good at fast-paced shooters. I have a good aim, but my reflexes are kind of slow. Constantly having to move around also gets on my nerves.

So I think I'll pass in order to avoid a whole lot of frustration.

DraugenCP

Hmm, I am known to be pretty tunnel visioned in Ql, my movement is decent, but I rarely use it in CA I just play like all aim(All aim as in rarely use rocket jumps to manuever and stuff like that and mainly just use the LG and rail). Sometimes I can't do that depending on the map say the map Asylum where you can get hit by anyone from anywhere. Linear maps like Quarantine and campgrounds are what I like.

The great thing about Ql is how you can change what type of player you are. I use a low FOV of 97 while many people who just play clan arena just 110 or even 130. If you do that you get great awareness and can manuever but your LG and rail will suffer. Not having good movement isn't an excuse in clan arena ;p

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv_c5v6xE2I

Some good ole, TFC takes mad skillz too. Makes tf2 look like a sad casual b*stard child.

Never played quake, but I tried one the deathmatch mods for goldsource so I guess that kind of like it.

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts

*waves* I play QL!

Call_Me_Ishmael here. ;)

I play it because I really love how success is so dependent on skill alone -- movement, aim, knowledge of the map, etc. (moreso than many other shooters I've played).

Try out Sauerbraten if you really love instagib modes. 100% free and well worth the download.

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CaptainAhab13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHo4l-qmGHI

I mean how could anyone not like this?! :cry:

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JigglyWiggly_

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHo4l-qmGHI I mean how could anyone not like this?! :cry: CaptainAhab13
O yeah CPMA is great I recently tried it as I never played Q3 back in the day. So much faster paced, love the fact that air rockets actually work since they move a lot faster and how you can go swap to rail instantly. Gr8 vid

Though air rockets are pretty not useful in duel(since they are so rare and slow), Ql dueling is just rocket spam at corners which is why Rapha always wins and the fact he is smert. And rockets are pretty much completely useless in CA now where it's all bout the superior LG and rail. I like the new style though, benefits my style.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Because i vastly prefer UT '99 GOTY edition, which i play from time to time wen i need a fix.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

why you no talk like this?

ColdExistence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ColdExistence
Member since 2011 • 974 Posts
It gets old too fast, and I kind of quit on multiplayer games.
Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts

Because I suck at it.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
...because I played the hell of out games like it back in the 90's and early 2000's. These types of games no longer interest me.
Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#44 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts
I would be destroyed at this game and it would bruise my ego too much :)
SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#45 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

Quake will always be one of THE best mutliplayer games ever.

It's one of the rare, and I mean rare games where you can show your skill.

It will always be the choice for competivive gaming, on any big gaming tournament, no matter how old it is.

kdawg88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kdawg88
Member since 2009 • 2923 Posts

A few good CPMA movies, all recent:

It's Pekka 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJcyCmaxREc

Dorftrottel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YceuXmeWrU

Diplodocus http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAWdwO9uCgQ

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CaptainAhab13

Because i vastly prefer UT '99 GOTY edition, which i play from time to time wen i need a fix.

Lucianu
I both play and enjoy UT '99 GotY, but why do you prefer it over Quake, out of curiosity?
Avatar image for -tears-run-red-
-tears-run-red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 -tears-run-red-
Member since 2005 • 617 Posts
nice skills, nice song, good video.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Because I suck at it.

QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

Impressive :P

I could never get into Quake live, leaving my thirst for an arena fps unquelched. Can't get used to the movement and weapons, I'm more of a UT guy.