Worst PC Port of a console game?

• 163 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Underworldy69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 Underworldy69
Member since 2009 • 251 Posts

What is the worst PC port of a console game you have played. And by a poor port, I mean unfinished and has laggy frame rates and forgettable controls.

Underworldy69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Underworldy69
For me, it would have to sadly be Saints Row 2. It is a good game but it was clearly unoptimized.
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
Saints Row 2 is the worst port that I have played.
Underworldy69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Underworldy69
Saints Row 2 is the worst port that I have played. SF_KiLLaMaN
The frame rate stutters every 5 seconds and it has heavy screen tearing.
ampiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 ampiva
Member since 2010 • 1251 Posts
Saints Row 2 is officially the worst port ever.
JackBurton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6 JackBurton
Member since 2002 • 3808 Posts

Splinter Cell: Double Agent

Underworldy69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Underworldy69

Yup. I see this is a very agree-able situation.

Oh and I havent played Double Agent but I played Conviction and it wasn't just the port that was lousy about the game. It was also Ubisoft's addition of "Have to be online to play"!

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

Resident Evil 4 is the only correct answer.

1) You can only change the graphical and control settins outside of the game, and the graphical settings were just the resolution basically.

2) Once you started to play the game, the only way to exit the game back to windows was to hit Alt + F4 or Ctrl + Alt + Delete and End Task

3) During the quick time events, instead of computer keys poping up, numbers 1 through 6 would pop up, so you had memorize which key corresponed to what number.

4) No mouse support, that is right folks! In order to aim your weapon you had to use WASD.

TheMadGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheMadGamer
Member since 2003 • 8670 Posts

Wasn't GTA IV really bad too?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

JackBurton
I can't argue enough that this is the winner... It crashed so many times on me it was laughable... They even cut out story cut-scenes I believe...
VeryBumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 VeryBumpy
Member since 2008 • 1718 Posts

Another vote for Saints Row 2.

chrisito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chrisito
Member since 2004 • 128 Posts

Wasn't The Force Unleashed:Sith edition(or whatever the hell it was called) supposed to have a real crappy port too?

dos4gw82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dos4gw82
Member since 2006 • 1896 Posts

JackBurton
+1. By far the worst I can think of.
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts

1) You can only change the graphical and control settins outside of the game, and the graphical settings were just the resolution basically.

2) Once you started to play the game, the only way to exit the game back to windows was to hit Alt + F4 or Ctrl + Alt + Delete and End Task

3) During the quick time events, instead of computer keys poping up, numbers 1 through 6 would pop up, so you had memorize which key corresponed to what number.

4) No mouse support, that is right folks! In order to aim your weapon you had to use WASD.

DarkGamer007
Yes it is easily the worst one but you want to know what is funny, the port was done by Ubisoft.
mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#15 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

I was going to say GTA IV but they've managed to fix a lot of problems with patches so I'd have to say the worse port I've played on the pc was Saints Row 2 as well.

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
I'm not familiar with Saints Row 2, but the worst ports I've seen thus far have been: - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - It's a 30GB install, comes with only one graphics option (a "high detail" checkbox), has issues with crashing and texture flickering, and is woefully unoptimized (although it's far from the worst optimized game I've ever seen). I'm tempted to say that the "port" is really just a rip of the PS3's BD-ROM disc as that's the only thing I can think of that could explain the ridiculous size and poor performance. - GTA4: This game can't be maxed out on even the most powerful gaming PCs. On top of that, the unpatched game is unplayable for most people (lots of missing textures and terrible performance) and although subsequent patches fixed it up, the most recent patch actually made the performance WORSE again. - Singularity: Again, not really any graphics settings. What's really bad about this is that the devs didn't bother to change the game's memory usage from the console settings, so as a result the game takes MINUTES to load textures if your resolution is higher than 720p (which for most PC gamers it is). Because it uses texture streaming this means that the game often looks on par with a game released in 1998 most of the time. Add to that a small FOV (that requires a hex editor to change), a complete lack of AA and AF, and lots of glitches and you've got yourself one really ugly port. On the bright side at least it's easy to run.
BDK-Soft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BDK-Soft
Member since 2009 • 795 Posts
GTA 4 easily.
KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

GTA4, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Lost Planet and Shadowrun are horrible ports.

StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 StopThePresses
Member since 2010 • 2767 Posts

[QUOTE="JackBurton"]

dos4gw82

+1 more.

Of course, I haven't played Saints Row 2.

Underworldy69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Underworldy69
[QUOTE="gameguy6700"]I'm not familiar with Saints Row 2, but the worst ports I've seen thus far have been: - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - It's a 30GB install, comes with only one graphics option (a "high detail" checkbox), has issues with crashing and texture flickering, and is woefully unoptimized (although it's far from the worst optimized game I've ever seen). I'm tempted to say that the "port" is really just a rip of the PS3's BD-ROM disc as that's the only thing I can think of that could explain the ridiculous size and poor performance. - GTA4: This game can't be maxed out on even the most powerful gaming PCs. On top of that, the unpatched game is unplayable for most people (lots of missing textures and terrible performance) and although subsequent patches fixed it up, the most recent patch actually made the performance WORSE again. - Singularity: Again, not really any graphics settings. What's really bad about this is that the devs didn't bother to change the game's memory usage from the console settings, so as a result the game takes MINUTES to load textures if your resolution is higher than 720p (which for most PC gamers it is). Because it uses texture streaming this means that the game often looks on par with a game released in 1998 most of the time. Add to that a small FOV (that requires a hex editor to change), a complete lack of AA and AF, and lots of glitches and you've got yourself one really ugly port. On the bright side at least it's easy to run.

Really? My "laptop" can max out GTA IV with only a minor frame rate stutter per minute.
Underworldy69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Underworldy69

DarkGamer007
Yeah, I hate no mouse supporting. It reminds me of Sonic Adventure DX for PC (DONT JUDGE ME!, nostalgia reasons only) and console emulators. I could not figure out how to port mouse controls.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

[QUOTE="dos4gw82"][QUOTE="JackBurton"]

StopThePresses

+1 more.

+1 The port looks worse then the 360 version
Underworldy69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Underworldy69
[QUOTE="StopThePresses"]

[QUOTE="dos4gw82"] +1. By far the worst I can think of.JangoWuzHere

+1 more.

Trust me, it is.
StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 StopThePresses
[QUOTE="StopThePresses"]

[QUOTE="dos4gw82"] +1. By far the worst I can think of.JangoWuzHere

+1 more.

I wish looks were the issue.
Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

Modern Warfare 2.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

Modern Warfare 2.

Vesica_Prime
No that's not true. MW2 ran good and there were a lot of options to tweak.
quijeros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 quijeros
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts

Saints Row 2 was pretty bad. It wasn't as stuttery once you figured out the issue with hyperthreading (same with GTA IV after the latest patches), but it's still bad simply for the fact that, for me, IT RAN 1.5 TIMES TOO FAST. I mean that the game plays like it's in fast forward the entire time. From what I've read on other forums, it's a pretty common problem.

Just boggles my mind how you can overlook something that obvious when porting. Also, none of the menus work with the mouse, which is highly inconvenient. It's pretty obvious that they put little time and effort into bringing it to the PC and how little support they have for the platform.

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#28 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
Conflict: Denied Ops, the sound never worked on this game.
Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Vesica_Prime

[QUOTE="Vesica_Prime"]

Modern Warfare 2.

GeneralShowzer

It's not the tweaks that bothered me, it's the lack of dedicated servers that did.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Underworldy69"][QUOTE="gameguy6700"]I'm not familiar with Saints Row 2, but the worst ports I've seen thus far have been: - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - It's a 30GB install, comes with only one graphics option (a "high detail" checkbox), has issues with crashing and texture flickering, and is woefully unoptimized (although it's far from the worst optimized game I've ever seen). I'm tempted to say that the "port" is really just a rip of the PS3's BD-ROM disc as that's the only thing I can think of that could explain the ridiculous size and poor performance. - GTA4: This game can't be maxed out on even the most powerful gaming PCs. On top of that, the unpatched game is unplayable for most people (lots of missing textures and terrible performance) and although subsequent patches fixed it up, the most recent patch actually made the performance WORSE again. - Singularity: Again, not really any graphics settings. What's really bad about this is that the devs didn't bother to change the game's memory usage from the console settings, so as a result the game takes MINUTES to load textures if your resolution is higher than 720p (which for most PC gamers it is). Because it uses texture streaming this means that the game often looks on par with a game released in 1998 most of the time. Add to that a small FOV (that requires a hex editor to change), a complete lack of AA and AF, and lots of glitches and you've got yourself one really ugly port. On the bright side at least it's easy to run.

Really? My "laptop" can max out GTA IV with only a minor frame rate stutter per minute.

EVERY setting on MAX? are u suuuuureeeeeee....??
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="Vesica_Prime"]

Modern Warfare 2.

Vesica_Prime

It's not the tweaks that bothered me, it's the lack of dedicated servers that did.

Lack of dedicated servers doesn't make it a bad port.
Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Vesica_Prime

[QUOTE="Vesica_Prime"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] No that's not true. MW2 ran good and there were a lot of options to tweak.GeneralShowzer

It does when it delivers an under-par online experience which is not present in the console versions.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

lost planet: extreme conditions.. no game should EVER tell you to use a gamepad for a 360 over he keyboard when its on the pc.. ever.jesus not even the manual or game guide has the keyboard control list you need to find it online!

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GeneralShowzer

Vesica_Prime

It does when it delivers an under-par online experience which is not present in the console versions.

What are you talking about? The mutli-player is absolutely the same,as i understand except you may run into hackers on PC occasionally.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Vesica_Prime"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] Lack of dedicated servers doesn't make it a bad port.GeneralShowzer

What are you talking about? The mutli-player is absolutely the same,as i understand except you may run into hackers on PC occasionally.

I've never had a problem with the servers....just bad lag if I connect to USA....
Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Vesica_Prime

[QUOTE="Vesica_Prime"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] Lack of dedicated servers doesn't make it a bad port.GeneralShowzer

Well I'm from Australia and most of the time Modern Warfare 2 connects to a US game, resulting in me joining a 200+ ping game. And yes the hackers, the numbers I've encountered is on par with Combat Arms.

guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 guildclaws
Member since 2009 • 7921 Posts
Saint Row 2 is the worst PC port ever and why do everyone says GTA IV is the worst PC port? That game is awesome
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FelipeInside

Vesica_Prime

Well I'm from Australia and most of the time Modern Warfare 2 connects to a US game, resulting in me joining a 200+ ping game. And yes the hackers, the numbers I've encountered is on par with Combat Arms.

I'm from OZ too....and although I haven't played for a few months, I realized it came down to the time of day you connect. If you try in the morning or midday weekdays, most people are at work. Try after 6pm and weekends...I always got AUS Servers...
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FelipeInside
Saint Row 2 is the worst PC port ever and why do everyone says GTA IV is the worst PC port? That game is awesome guildclaws
The game is awesome... The optimization is shocking...
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
No Re4 is the worst port (read what the previous poster has said) also the graphics are the same as the ps2 version and not the gamecube version.
Avatar image for Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Member since 2010 • 822 Posts
KOTOR2 Was a horriod port.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FelipeInside
KOTOR2 Was a horriod port.Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
really? it worked fine for me... or was it cause there was some content missing?
guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 guildclaws
Member since 2009 • 7921 Posts

Modern Warfare 2.

Vesica_Prime
what???? The game is awesome, I can max it out, the multiplayer is ok too, it's not the worst PC port, Saint Row 2 is the worst PC port
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
Of all the ports I played, Saints Row 2 was the worst one. Game looked like a monkey's butt and ran even worse.
StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 StopThePresses
Of all the ports I played, Saints Row 2 was the worst one. Game looked like a monkey's butt and ran even worse.the_ChEeSe_mAn2
How does a monkey's butt run? Actually, don't answer that.
Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
[QUOTE="Ikuto_Tsukiyomi"]KOTOR2 Was a horriod port.FelipeInside
really? it worked fine for me... or was it cause there was some content missing?

Half the game was missing. So much content was removed JUST so they could get it in for the summer rush, Hence why people are restoring it. But it'll never be 100% completed...
Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Vesica_Prime

[QUOTE="Vesica_Prime"]

Modern Warfare 2.

guildclaws

what???? The game is awesome, I can max it out, the multiplayer is ok too, it's not the worst PC port, Saint Row 2 is the worst PC port

I take it you don't lag like hell like us non-USA people do.

dinuattila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dinuattila
Member since 2005 • 1355 Posts

In my opinion the last two Splinter Cell games.

StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 StopThePresses
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Ikuto_Tsukiyomi"]KOTOR2 Was a horriod port.Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Half the game was missing. So much content was removed JUST so they could get it in for the summer rush, Hence why people are restoring it. But it'll never be 100% completed...

Was it only missing from the PC version?
Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
[QUOTE="StopThePresses"][QUOTE="Ikuto_Tsukiyomi"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] really? it worked fine for me... or was it cause there was some content missing?

Was it only missing from the PC version?

Yes. KOTOR2 came first to xbox, then before Summer they rushed a PC port. and they left a whole world out, of the game+Many Parts of it, leaving most of it out. I'll get a list of whats missing.