Witcher 2 graphics settings

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I should have just bought the damn game this past steam sale. I didnt think i would play it yet, but I am so close to finishign 1 and want to jump right into 2. Thanks for any suggestions!

EDIT:

I bought the game on GMG for 15 bucks, and now am trying to figure out the settings I should put it on. I have a GTX 670 FTW edition. processor and RAM should be absolutely fine. I have 8 GB Ram and an i5 750 OC'd to 4 GHz.

I put it to the maximum settings possible and just started the tutorial. It dips into the low 20's and hangs around 30. What should I put the game at to run smooth and beautiful? I will play with it, but I figure that I should be able to run it pretty darn well with a GTX 670 FTW. I run BF4 on maximum with only occasional dips in FPS. Oh and I am running it on 1080P

Thanks guys!

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

Not sure, but definitely get it! Im playing through it again in anticipation for Witcher 3 and I forgot just how much fun I had in this game world.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12806 Posts

20$ are worth it and even 40$ TBH, but I've seen it as 13$ on Steam, not much difference

Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 delete-SimplyFatal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

Type in google, [H] witcher 2 steam gift. You should find someone who has a lot of reputation that will sell it for 7 bucks. Its completely legal. Once you obtain the gift simply add it to your library. Search reddit or the steam community.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I bought it on a steam deal for about 7 bucks as I really wanted to get into the Witcher franchise in anticipation for the Witcher 3 and seeing as the first game is kinda old now for my taste. It's a great game - definitely a must-have for fantasy RPG fans.

I've seen it many times on a steam deal so you should just be patient and wait for a similar oppurtunity although I don't know when that'll be. :(

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NaveedLife

@johnd13 said:

I bought it on a steam deal for about 7 bucks as I really wanted to get into the Witcher franchise in anticipation for the Witcher 3 and seeing as the first game is kinda old now for my taste. It's a great game - definitely a must-have for fantasy RPG fans.

I've seen it many times on a steam deal so you should just be patient and wait for a similar oppurtunity although I don't know when that'll be. :(

Yeah, it always goes on sale for 5 bucks every steam sale. I always pass it up, cause I had not beat TW1 yet and this past time I thought, "nah, I don't see me playing TW1 anytime soon..boring game!" Then I got sucked in, loved TW1, and now want TW2 NOW! :P

Does anyone know when the next steam sale is? Do they do one for valentines day or anything else, before the summer sale?

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

Check on amazon or one of the other sites you might be able to find a deal

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

For the settings you can max everything besides the ubersampling , enjoy

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NaveedLife

@04dcarraher said:

For the settings you can max everything besides the ubersampling , enjoy

holy hell. the difference is insane. Thanks!

By the way, are any of the DLC things cheap and things i should disable? Like do they start you with gear that is too good?

Chris_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#10 Chris_53
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts
@johnd13 said:

The first game is still worth playing, it is old but its a great game :) I want to play through it again somepoint soon

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NaveedLife

@Chris_53 said:
@johnd13 said:

The first game is still worth playing, it is old but its a great game :) I want to play through it again somepoint soon

the first one has its issues no doubt, and honestly i was so bored with it when i tried playing it the first couple times. Then I tried again, and I couldn't put it down. love the game, just beat it today. I Put 57 hours into it. I have only done the tutorial for 2 so far, and already like it, haha. I hope its great. I plan to play it on Dark mode.