Will you be getting Starcraft2?

• 152 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
i will do everyhting in my power to get it but im poor.
Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
This be my favorite game, I'm certainly getting the second one.
Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#53 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
I pre-ordered it a while ago (Which conveniently got me into the beta about a fortnight later out of sheer luck! :D) so I'll be playing it day one :D
Niner0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#54 Niner0
Member since 2005 • 1630 Posts

I might get it, I'll wait for player reviews. Also, I'm almost a hundred percent people will be at least a bit disappointed, 'cause this game is hyped all the way to space.

kazakauskas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 kazakauskas
Member since 2008 • 1332 Posts

For some reason i never was too much interested in SC at all, maybe because i dont like to play competetive rts

junkrika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 junkrika
Member since 2010 • 59 Posts

I've come to trust Blizzard when it comes to quality (most of the time, and far more than other teams) and Starcraft 1 was good, so I'll probably try it out. However, maybe after 1-2 years, when I can get the gold edition for a 10er.

guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 guildclaws
Member since 2009 • 7921 Posts
Yes, Yes!!!!!!
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
Of course. Got my Collector's Edition pre-ordered. It's currently being packed... :P
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Definately picking up the game, the more i read/watch the more 'hyped' i get for SC2!!

macronia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 macronia
Member since 2008 • 585 Posts
u kidding right ?? who won't ??
King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#61 King-gamer
Member since 2006 • 5633 Posts
Never played StarCraft, but I loved Warcraft and I'm a huge RTS fan so probably yes. I might consider getting StarCraft 1 so I can keep up with everything.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#62 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

For some reason i never was too much interested in SC at all, maybe because i dont like to play competetive rts

kazakauskas

Even if you dont play the online there is epic campaign and a crazy editor that will have alot of singleplayer mods, thats mainly why im getting it :P

Im not a very good RTS online gamer myself, but still enjoy playing online on em once in awhile :P

i def find the singleplayer more fun though myself.

Avatar image for charmingcharlie
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 charmingcharlie
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

I have never really been a big fan of Blizzards stuff, I am not really that hyped for Starcraft 2 so chalk up another "no buy" from me.

kramernic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 kramernic
Member since 2010 • 131 Posts

I played the first one and loved it Actually busy playing it again to refresh my memory :). Just had to pre-order it!

Roris0A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Roris0A
Member since 2007 • 627 Posts

Definitely getting it, especially when seeing how much work they've put into the single player campaign. I heard that there's 40 mins of their quality Cinematics in Wings of Liberty alone? Anyone know it for sure? :)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#66 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58557 Posts

no, I am one of the few gamers that absolutely despises Starcraft.

SC2 is going to have pretty much identical gameplay to the first

tricap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 tricap
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I played in the beta and loved it and i am definitely getting the full game. The single player looks amazing and i can't wait to see what will become of battle.net 2.0 after a few years
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts

no, I am one of the few gamers that absolutely despises Starcraft.

SC2 is going to have pretty much identical gameplay to the first

mrbojangles25
Ironically, that is one the big reasons why I am so interested in SC2 in the first place :P Dawn of War 2 completely changed up the gameplay from the first game and so did Red Alert 3 along with CnC 4.
Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#69 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts
Yup got $48 on it can't wait! :D
Madiano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Madiano
Member since 2004 • 222 Posts

preordered :)

daveyf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 daveyf03
Member since 2005 • 418 Posts

I think I will wait for the gold edition, that will be an even better value. I have a backlog that could choke a donkey right now anyway.

AraiDaiichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 AraiDaiichi
Member since 2010 • 123 Posts
I will when the price comes down. No way I'm paying $60 for a PC game.
gandaf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 gandaf007
Member since 2009 • 892 Posts

Yes, I'm getting it. Considering I only get four hours of sleep a night anyways, I'm going to try and go for the midnight release.

Kolossi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Kolossi
Member since 2007 • 789 Posts

Getting it the weekend after it's release.

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#75 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

Diffidently! Been enjoying the beta for months and I've always been a fan of Starcraft 1 & Broodwar. :D

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

No, not my type of game.

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#77 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

[QUOTE="kazakauskas"]

kozzy1234

Even if you dont play the online there is epic campaign and a crazy editor that will have alot of singleplayer mods, thats mainly why im getting it :P

Im not a very good RTS online gamer myself, but still enjoy playing online on em once in awhile :P

i def find the singleplayer more fun though myself.

Even then there are tons of non competitive custom online games made with the editor too. I can't tell you how much time I spent just playing tower defenses with people in Warcraft 3 or marine/lurker/sunken defenses in Starcraft (1). I have played at most maybe 5 competitive games of Starcraft yet have played it online in other custom games for at least a good 60 hours (I played Warcraft 3 a lot more). This is exactly why I love Blizzard RTSs. They are not just tied down to skirmish matches like almost every other RTS does (especially lately). And that is exactly why I usually don't buy those because I dislike the competitive nature of the online (mainly because I suck). But with custom games it can competitive and non competitive and almost become a completely different game. Like an RPG for Starcraft (oh those were the days... expand to far and the units on the map stopped spawning.... good times).
KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts

I will when the price comes down. No way I'm paying $60 for a PC game.AraiDaiichi

I found this part funny :D You know all blizzard games have had a higher price on release date right? (okey it depend on what country you are in but overall...)

You would pay 60$ for a console game that last maybe 7-10 hours instead. O.o?

Honestly i know we are going to get the value back for the money spent on the game. SC2 compared to most games now days have more gameplay hours AND a super active multiplayer community that will last for years.

OgreB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 OgreB
Member since 2004 • 2523 Posts
I love Starcraft..but 60 bucks is kinda steep for me right now. And personally it doesn't look like it's worth so much...40 bucks sure. So I'll get it...I'll just wait until it's cheaper or money starts falling from the sky.. I only play it for the solo campaign and AI maps...so I won't be missing much .
Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Mograine
Member since 2006 • 3666 Posts

I found this part funny :D You know all blizzard games have had a higher price on release date right? (okey it depend on what country you are in but overall...)

You would pay 60$ for a console game that last maybe 7-10 hours instead. O.o?

Honestly i know we are going to get the value back for the money spent on the game. SC2 compared to most games now days have more gameplay hours AND a super active multiplayer community that will last for years.

KalDurenik

Indeed.

People goes "omg 10$ more expensive than average NO WAI IN ELL" over a game that is known to last for tens of thousands of hours, yet you'll see them hyping 10-20 hours long games.

And I bet that when it will happen and I will ask them why, they will all go "OMG TROLL RABID BLOLZZARD FAN NUB KEK" :roll:

Even worse, people that has evidently no clue about original Starcraft thinks to be able to judge Starcraft 2...both "identical to the first" and "too competitive" send shivers through my spine.

enriK233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#81 enriK233
Member since 2009 • 543 Posts

i don't like futuristic rts games with robots..... and i hate this game ... to me it looks really boring

ABRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 ABRed
Member since 2009 • 298 Posts

I found interesting to share this with people who think that 60$ is too expansive for Starcraft 2. To be honest, I'm right there with you. I always loved to buy my games used, but we all know it is hard to buy some used PC games (well, here in Canada, Quebec). So I pre-ordered SC 2 even at full price, but because my budget was so tight, I almost cancelled the pre-order because I'm going to study in New-Brunswick for a year. I'm still gonna have my laptop with me when I'll be there.

So, I don't know if it's available for you guys, but here in Canada, at Gamestop, if you return 2 pre-owned games that worth 8$ or more in credit, Starcraft 2 will only cost you 10$. So, I went to gamestop with a couple of old and recent games (xbox 360 games because here they don't sell used PC games) and I sold Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, that worthes 20$ credit, for 25$ and F.E.A.R. (the 1st one which is like 3 years old), that worthes 9,99$ credit, for another 25$. So Starcraft 2 will only cost me 10$ cuz I've traded these two games that worthed more than 8$.

For those that SC2 is a budget issue, I think you should go to your nearest EBgames/Gamestop and see if they proceed this way. I have to say I was quite surprise that my F.E.A.R. worthed more than GTA IV, Left 4 Dead, CoD WaW... but anyway, I wasn't playing it anymore and Modern Warfare 2 was bullsh*t.

Hope that helped :)

Sorry for my bad english... I hope you understand the point of the message. (Quebec = French)

nightharvest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 nightharvest
Member since 2005 • 1782 Posts
I will buy it about 2014 when it is in a pack with all expansions for $10. 8)
Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Animatronic64
Member since 2010 • 3971 Posts
[QUOTE="nightharvest"]I will buy it about 2014 when it is in a pack with all expansions for $10. 8)

Starcraft Battlechest is worth $20. Good luck with that.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

i don't like futuristic rts games with robots..... and i hate this game ... to me it looks really boring

enriK233
:roll: If you like quality games, you'll like SC2.
Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Mograine

If you like quality gamesKHAndAnime

After seeing this thread, that "if" is much bigger than I would have ever thought :roll:

Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Animatronic64
[QUOTE="enriK233"]

KHAndAnime
:roll: If you like quality games, you'll like SC2.

Quality isn't the only deciding factor in what you like. I personally hate a lot of "quality" games.
Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Mograine

Quality isn't the only deciding factor in what you like. I personally hate a lot of "quality" games. Animatronic64

What's not to like of StarCraft? It perfectly fits every plays.tyle and leaves everything "strategy" related to the user instead of implementing gimmicks that only bloat the game and kill its longevity (just look at pretty much every other game that has anything to do with RTS...how many lasted for more than a year? On the moment I can only remember of DoW).

Even if you can't get into the "normal" multiplayer like me (I was 6 when I started playing and yes, by playing I mean online), the selection for custom maps is limitless...it'd take me an hour just to list every genre and subgenre, and I used to play ALL of them religiously.

Every time somebody trashtalks StarCraft, I die a little inside :|

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#89 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
I'm tempted, always after a good RTS game. The great upside for me is I haven't been following the game madly so everything will feel new to me, I have no idea of the units or the story and that's just how I'd like to play it. I might wait a few weeks and see what the impressions are of the single player campaign first.
Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#90 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
Negative. I didnt get into the first game when it came out so I wont get the sequel.
Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Animatronic64

[QUOTE="Animatronic64"]Quality isn't the only deciding factor in what you like. I personally hate a lot of "quality" games. Mograine

What's not to like of StarCraft? It perfectly fits every plays.tyle and leaves everything "strategy" related to the user instead of implementing gimmicks that only bloat the game and kill its longevity (just look at pretty much every other game that has anything to do with RTS...how many lasted for more than a year? On the moment I can only remember of DoW).

Even if you can't get into the "normal" multiplayer like me (I was 6 when I started playing and yes, by playing I mean online), the selection for custom maps is limitless...it'd take me an hour just to list every genre and subgenre, and I used to play ALL of them religiously.

You need to let it go. Opinions are just opinions.
-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

[QUOTE="Mograine"]

[QUOTE="Animatronic64"]Quality isn't the only deciding factor in what you like. I personally hate a lot of "quality" games. Animatronic64

But this is the interwebz where people often confuse their own opinions with fact ;).

Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Animatronic64

[QUOTE="Animatronic64"][QUOTE="Mograine"]

-wildflower-

But this is the interwebz where people often confuse their own opinions with fact ;).

Why get upset over a comment like this?

"i don't like futuristic rts games with robots..... and i hate this game ... to me it looks really boring"

It's not factual at all.

ABRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ABRed

Negative. I didnt get into the first game when it came out so I wont get the sequel.Jd1680a

Did you read my post? Scroll up a little bit... I know it's long but you got to trust me on that one. If you ever the RTS genre and don't mind about the Sci-fi universe, it is 95% certain that you will like this game. EVEN if you didn't like the 1st one... Like me.

Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Mograine

-wildflower-

I don't "confuse my own opinion", anyone that has played Starcraft enough can tell you what I said strictly related to it.

On the other hand, I'd love to hear from you what other game managed to last more than a year or two. I mentioned DoW as the only one that came up in my mind, now's your turn.

ABRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 ABRed

[QUOTE="-wildflower-"]

Mograine

I don't "confuse my own opinion", anyone that has played Starcraft enough can tell you what I said strictly related to it.

On the other hand, I'd love to hear from you what other game managed to last more than a year or two. I mentioned DoW as the only one that came up in my mind, now's your turn.

Well, I think Age of Empire 2, Warcraft 3 and Red Alert 2 lasted a long time online. Not sure how long but certainly longer than a year.

Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Animatronic64

[QUOTE="Mograine"]

[QUOTE="-wildflower-"]

ABRed

Well, I think Age of Empire 2, Warcraft 3 and Red Alert 2 lasted a long time online. Not sure how long but certainly longer than a year.

People still play WCIII.
nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#98 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

Gonna pick it up the day it comes out. Still have to preorder it though.

Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Mograine

ABRed

Ok, now we have 5 games. Mind if I raise the bar even higher?

How many lasted more than 5 years?

I know for sure two do.

ABRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 ABRed

[QUOTE="ABRed"]

Mograine

Ok, now we have 5 games. Mind if I raise the bar even higher?

How many lasted more than 5 years?

I know for sure two do.

RTS rarely last that long multiplayer wise. What keeps them alive is mods. Warcraft 3 and Starcraft have so much damn fun mods. I hope Starcraft 2 will have even more! (That Final Fantasy thing seems to be so cool!). And well, mods are way cooler online imo.