WildStar Open Beta starts today "10 days of awesome"

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@FelipeInside said:

@BSC14 said:

Finding time is always a piss poor excuse, one of those things that people need to stop doing (sorry my friends do it a lot and it annoys me lol). I worked 14.5 hours 5-7 days a week while playing Rift casually, so there's no excuse for someone to say "I don't have enough time" unless you did what I did and had to work a few of those 26 hour shifts then I'd believe the whole "I don't have enough time" excuse.

You can always make time to play an MMO, of course you might not be able to play for 4-12 hours or w/e how long you wanna play, but you can still play 30 min or so like what I did with Rift.

Sure, cause if you can make time then everyone else must have the same life as you and surely be able to make time too right? Why even post all that?

Did you even read what I said?

Yes I did. It annoys you that other people can't make time to play some games, and then you explained how you work oh so hard and still make time to play. What's your point? You want a medal? Some people are busier than others dude.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@FelipeInside said:

@BSC14 said:

Finding time is always a piss poor excuse, one of those things that people need to stop doing (sorry my friends do it a lot and it annoys me lol). I worked 14.5 hours 5-7 days a week while playing Rift casually, so there's no excuse for someone to say "I don't have enough time" unless you did what I did and had to work a few of those 26 hour shifts then I'd believe the whole "I don't have enough time" excuse.

You can always make time to play an MMO, of course you might not be able to play for 4-12 hours or w/e how long you wanna play, but you can still play 30 min or so like what I did with Rift.

Sure, cause if you can make time then everyone else must have the same life as you and surely be able to make time too right? Why even post all that?

Did you even read what I said?

Yes I did. It annoys you that other people can't make time to play some games, and then you explained how you work oh so hard and still make time to play. What's your point? You want a medal? Some people are busier than others dude.

Really doubt your that busy.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 FelipeInside

@Ballroompirate said:

@FelipeInside said:

@BSC14 said:

See, there you go again. Assuming how busy or not people you don't even know are. ProTip: your life isn't the same as everyone else.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Ballroompirate

@FelipeInside said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@FelipeInside said:

@BSC14 said:

See, there you go again. Assuming how busy or not people you don't even know are. ProTip: your life isn't the same as everyone else.

Pro tip just cause you think you're busy, chances are you are not that busy.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By FelipeInside

@Ballroompirate said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@FelipeInside said:

@BSC14 said:

We are here to talk about video games. I have no idea why you even brought this subject up in the first place, or where you want to go with it. But I'll stop you right here, since I'm not going to keep talking about something so useless to the topic as what you presented. If you're busy and can still play games, congrats and go buy a cookie. If others are less or more busy than you, then that's their life and you should respect that. I never said I can't play ANY games, I just said that I don't have the time any more to invest into an MMO which requires more game time than something like Call of Duty. Honestly, dumbest thing I've read all week... someone trying to convince a totally random unknown person of how much time they do or don't have for gaming...

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#56  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@FelipeInside said:

@BSC14 said:

Wow man, do you even realize how absurd you sound?

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Time=skill logic is pretty common in mmos.

I mean for instance in Tera, whenever I say that more of the PVP should be equalized gear because not everyone has the time, I get called a casual lol.

Of course when I compare my KDR in equalized battlegrounds it's over 16 times theirs. (My kdr is 8.5, theirs is always around .6)

Anyway, besides Wildstar 's there's another game that looks like it has better combat.

Check out Black Desert

Loading Video...

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

If the storyline is good that's a good thing, classes and combat got nothing special.

Combat is copy paste from Neverwinter Online which is also a copy paste from Dragon Age 2.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Ballroompirate

@FelipeInside said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@FelipeInside said:

@BSC14 said:

ProTip: we are here to talk about video games. I have no idea why you even brought this subject up in the first place, or where you want to go with it. But I'll stop you right here, since I'm not going to keep talking about something so useless to the topic as what you presented. If you're busy and can still play games, congrats and go buy a cookie. If others are less or more busy than you, then that's their life and you should respect that. I never said I can't play ANY games, I just said that I don't have the time any more to invest into an MMO which requires more game time than something like Call of Duty. Honestly, dumbest thing I've read all week... someone trying to convince a totally random unknown person of how much time they do or don't have for gaming...

You do realize you can still play MMO's at a casual pace right?, there is no written rule where you have to play MMO's at a ridiculous amount of time. I've done it with my ridiculous hours at my old work, people with jobs and families also play MMO's.

The only downside of playing a MMO casually is if you wanted to do hardcore raiding or raiding in general, other than that you can easily spend as much time playing a MMO as much as you would CoD, hell the MMO would probably last longer and have more bang for your buck than CoD could give.

If you're not into MMO's as much as you once were or you're just sick of MMO's then that's perfectly fine and honestly just say that if that's the reason why. Also you gave no reason or example "why you're busy", so that doesn't help your whole cause on the busy matter cause I know a few people who think working 30 hours a week is too much, hell I even have a friend who works 24 hours a week at Radioshack who thinks that qualifies as saying he's busy. If you do something that actually qualifies as keeping yourself busy like travel for a living, being in Law School or Nursing School then i'd see how someone could have little time playing a MMO or games in general

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Ballroompirate

@JigglyWiggly_: Black Desert does look dope, the only bad thing is it probably won't get released outside of Korea.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By FelipeInside

@Ballroompirate said:

You do realize you can still play MMO's at a casual pace right?, there is no written rule where you have to play MMO's at a ridiculous amount of time. I've done it with my ridiculous hours at my old work, people with jobs and families also play MMO's.

The only downside of playing a MMO casually is if you wanted to do hardcore raiding or raiding in general, other than that you can easily spend as much time playing a MMO as much as you would CoD, hell the MMO would probably last longer and have more bang for your buck than CoD could give.

If you're not into MMO's as much as you once were or you're just sick of MMO's then that's perfectly fine and honestly just say that if that's the reason why. Also you gave no reason or example "why you're busy", so that doesn't help your whole cause on the busy matter cause I know a few people who think working 30 hours a week is too much, hell I even have a friend who works 24 hours a week at Radioshack who thinks that qualifies as saying he's busy. If you do something that actually qualifies as keeping yourself busy like travel for a living, being in Law School or Nursing School then i'd see how someone could have little time playing a MMO or games in general

Dude, I'm not even going to respond to all that until you realize how absurd and stupid you sound trying to explain something to someone you don't know and have absolutely no clue on how their life works.

@JigglyWiggly_ Black Desert WILL be launched outside Korea. They are working on an English version as we speak.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 vfibsux

Black Desert combat looks terrible to me, like a bad GW2.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23943 Posts

Tried it again today, not as bad as it was yesterday, but still very meh. That said crafting was pretty cool and a huge step above the typical norm in the genre, easily the only really redeemable quality the game has that I have seen thus far and the only thing that I wouldnt consider banal as of yet.

@Ballroompirate said:

@airshocker: I'd say it's more like Tera than AoC combat wise.

If anything it is closer to GW2 considering

• Manual dodging, of which 2 can be done in succession.
  • Limited emphasis on resource management.
  • Skill limit, as in players can you can not bring all that many skills into combat.
  • Telegraphed easy to avoid attacks everywhere.
  • Skills do not root you in place.
  • No overly long skill combo strings which AoC had.

@ferrari2001: Like I said in another post, they are first impressions, I thought the fact that they were first impressions would have been obvious not only with that post, but also the reply to Geminon. You might not say that first impressions are not important for an mmo, but I can assure you that good first impressions are a must for bringing people into the genre, I know a lot of people who will only give an mmo about 30 minutes of time and if they are unimpressed after that they will quit, sometimes they have even less time to make a good impression. As for the time spent, on those first impressions roughly 30-60 minutes.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@Geminon said:

@daious said:

i been playing it. Gameplay (combat) is way too generic. PVP is addicting though. It is fun.

so i suppose that you think that literally EVERY MMO ever has generic combat then? because Wildstar's combat is probably the most active and action oriented combat of any MMO ever....

oh I do believe that. MMO combat needs to be refined and start evolving.

For instance, FF14 is a good mmo but I couldn't stand that it felt exactly like WoW (combat wise).

I have made a large time commitment to the beta's of Wildstar and I feel the similar way about it's generic combat system.

I know Project Titan was suppose to have a way more fluid combat system but that game is essentially dead.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

The path quests need to be more different than one another.

For instance, exploration. I think it would be better if they just gave you a list of things that might be in the entire zone and then just have you search the entire map for them. when you're asked to locate a high point and find a signal, there should be multiple high points on the entire map and you just have to find and get to one.

a lot of them have markers as well so it is pretty much just go here and do this again.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Ballroompirate

@FelipeInside said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Dude, I'm not even going to respond to all that until you realize how absurd and stupid you sound trying to explain something to someone you don't know and have absolutely no clue on how their life works.

@JigglyWiggly_ Black Desert WILL be launched outside Korea. They are working on an English version as we speak.

You got owned plain and simple felipe. I said nothing absurd, only things I've taken in from personal experience and it's a fact you can play MMO's casually as much as CoD. So you saying "I don't have time" is a piss poor excuse when I gave not only my life as an example, but other people who also play MMO's maybe 1-3 hours a week as well. You gave no reasons why you don't have time is also a prime example why you're such full of BS.

I'm done trying to bash common sense into you since all you can reply with is "you don't know me", do yourself a favor and look up the word Excuse. If you'd rather spend your free time doing something else then just say that or if your tired of MMO's then just say that. Saying MMO's can't be played casually is a bunch of BS unless you're someone who can't cut themselves off.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#67 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

@PcGamingRig said:

Enjoyed the opening part of the game.

Like the look of it and the races, classes etc.

Like the combat too.

I like the fact it's got humour built right into it(at least according to the vids) so definitely has character and style.

Downloading it as I type... In fact if i stop typing and using up bandwidth it'll download quicker.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By FelipeInside

@Ballroompirate said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Ballroompirate said:

You got owned plain and simple felipe. I said nothing absurd, only things I've taken in from personal experience and it's a fact you can play MMO's casually as much as CoD. So you saying "I don't have time" is a piss poor excuse when I gave not only my life as an example, but other people who also play MMO's maybe 1-3 hours a week as well. You gave no reasons why you don't have time is also a prime example why you're such full of BS.

I'm done trying to bash common sense into you since all you can reply with is "you don't know me", do yourself a favor and look up the word Excuse. If you'd rather spend your free time doing something else then just say that or if your tired of MMO's then just say that. Saying MMO's can't be played casually is a bunch of BS unless you're someone who can't cut themselves off.

Sure dude, whatever you say. You know it all and know everyone's life so well that you can judge their spare time and even plan it for them. Maybe read my posts properly next time and contribute something to the conversation instead of bringing up your useless points (which even another poster also agreed were absurd). Of course I could probably play 2-3 hours a week, the point was that paying $15 a month for that wouldn't be worthwhile. That's why I said I would rather just play something like Guild Wars 2 which is free. READ READ READ.

The sole fact that you use words like "owned" show me you are a kid just trying to win arguments on the internet with random people cause of whatever is lacking in your life, guess it was my turn this week. Good luck with that.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@Ballroompirate said:

no, it wont.

just like the dozens and dozens of other Korean MMOs that come out each year. it is never going to see a western release. and they are NOT working on an english version. there has never been anything said about a english version. one of the devs (maybe?) at a korean game show made a quick comment that they are LOOKING for a western publisher.... that is all. every MMO dev in korea LOOKS for a western publisher. only a small percentage actually finds one.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Ballroompirate

@FelipeInside said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Sure dude, whatever you say. You know it all and know everyone's life so well that you can judge their spare time and even plan it for them. Maybe read my posts properly next time and contribute something to the conversation instead of bringing up your useless points (which even another poster also agreed were absurd). Of course I could probably play 2-3 hours a week, the point was that paying $15 a month for that wouldn't be worthwhile. That's why I said I would rather just play something like Guild Wars 2 which is free. READ READ READ.

The sole fact that you use words like "owned" show me you are a kid just trying to win arguments on the internet with random people cause of whatever is lacking in your life, guess it was my turn this week. Good luck with that.

You need to stop being such an idiot, you never mentioned anything about having issues with monthly fees and you never mentioned ANYTHING about GW2 in any of your posts, in fact the only MMO you mentioned was Everquest Next.

You got owned cause you have no idea what the word Excuse means and now you're making up Bullshit, just stop kid before you get owned even more.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Ballroompirate

@vfibsux: Why are you such an ignorant person? and go back to not contribute anything on here.

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 656

User Lists: 4

#73  Edited By Gelugon_baat
Member since 2003 • 24247 Posts

@jimmy_russell said:

I just wanted to post and tell you that I'm sick and tired of hearing about this sub par mediocre trash and I hope you will release the damn game and let it die already. Please, for the love of God, release your crappy game already!

Yet games that you don't like still continue to be made anyway. :P

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By FelipeInside

@Ballroompirate said:

@vfibsux: Why are you such an ignorant person? and go back to not contribute anything on here.

You calling him ignorant and saying he isn't contributing anything on here?

I agree with @vfibsux, go back to where you came from.

btw, I sent a message on the Black Desert Facebook page about releasing outside of Korea and they responded saying that they are planning to and working on the English version now

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Ballroompirate

@FelipeInside: God you can smell the butthurt, I called you out, you didn't list any reasons what makes you have no time to play MMO's cause I said you can play them casually, then you spew some bullshit about not thinking the $15 is worth it which has NOTHING to do not having time to play MMO's. Oh and can't forget you actually thought you mentioned Guild Wars 2 in this thread which you mentioned nothing about, in fact the only MMO you mentioned in this thread was Everquest Next, how the hell do you just randomly spew BS then blame me for not reading when you have no idea what the FRAK you're saying.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By vfibsux
@Ballroompirate said:

@FelipeInside: God you can smell the butthurt, I called you out, you didn't list any reasons what makes you have no time to play MMO's cause I said you can play them casually, then you spew some bullshit about not thinking the $15 is worth it which has NOTHING to do not having time to play MMO's. Oh and can't forget you actually thought you mentioned Guild Wars 2 in this thread which you mentioned nothing about, in fact the only MMO you mentioned in this thread was Everquest Next, how the hell do you just randomly spew BS then blame me for not reading when you have no idea what the FRAK you're saying.

rofl that you even care this much.

You remind me of the dude from Dodgeball who masturbates with pizza.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 FelipeInside

@vfibsux said:
@Ballroompirate said:

^^ lol... believe it or not I also thought that.

As for Ballroom: Dude, what is wrong with you? Like you really do have serious issues. You made such a big scandal out of something so insignifcant, and kept going with it. Honestly, get yourself checked or something...

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Ballroompirate

@FelipeInside said:

@vfibsux said:
@Ballroompirate said:

^^ lol... believe it or not I also thought that.

As for Ballroom: Dude, what is wrong with you? Like you really do have serious issues. You made such a big scandal out of something so insignifcant, and kept going with it. Honestly, get yourself checked or something...

Says the guy who just bullshit his way throughout this whole thread, classy. You're ignorance is just unreal, seriously before you tell someone learn to read, learn the difference between having an issue with having time to play MMO's, then switching your argument with having issues with the sub fee, now I'm gonna wait and see what other bullshit reason you're gonna come up with next. But I guess it's given you just pull derp out of your ass constantly since I've seen you in a game already.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By FelipeInside

@Ballroompirate said:

@FelipeInside said:

@vfibsux said:

since I've seen you in a game already.

What game was that?

@nvidiaking said:

Felipe further proves he's this forums tool.

Who's alt is this, hmmmm?

PS: I actually know already, and have informed the mods. They are investigating.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#83 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

Just to point out I've installed the game just to know why are you people arguing over and I have a conclusion:

Combat is simillar to Smite which is good, but the game is plain boring.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

Remember when we were talking about that Wildstar game? lol

Pretty similar to other MMORPGs, I like the combat, real time is better than click and watch.

Questing is pretty standard.

The setting and characters is probably the thing that is the most unique to the game. Human races are a bit boring but I like the rest of the creations.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#85  Edited By BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

What the hell has happened to this board, it's turned into a bunch of personal attacks and arguing over if someone has as much free time as they say they do.

And why does everyone feel the need to jump on Felipe's a$$ all the damn time. He's one of the few decent people still hanging out on this God forsaken board....

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@FelipeInside said:

@BSC14 said:

you have time to post between 20 and 50 times a day on this forum... you clearly have time to play an MMO.

who the **** are you trying to fool felipe?

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 BSC14

@Geminon said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@FelipeInside said:

@BSC14 said:

you have time to post between 20 and 50 times a day on this forum... you clearly have time to play an MMO.

Maybe he's at work, that's where I am when I post 95% of the time.

Besides why the hell would he be trying to fool anyone about if he has time for an mmo? Furthermore why the hell does anyone care?

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Tried it, while I'm sure its end-game will appeal to fans of WoW... and be abit faster paced than most games....

1) I hate the art style..... from character to enviroment design.

2) didn't like any of the classes and the way they control.... it tries too hard to remove auto-mated bits and makes a tedious game.

3) The humour was trying way too hard and just came off as aimed at 10 year olds.

4) the quest U.I was absolutely horrible.... and I thought FFXIV's map was confusing at first.... but this... jesus christ.

5) the jak and daxter movement... oddly enough annoys the crap out of me.

Sticking with FFXIV ... the luire of schedules raids has gone for me.... I dont care if they have 19 months of content to back it up afterward.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Geminon said:

@reaper4278 said:

@Geminon said:

@blutfahne said:

No innovation no care.

if you honestly dont think there is any innovation in wildstar... i dont know what to tell you.

it is doing a BUNCH of things that no other MMO on the market is doing right now.

Can you name some? I played it and I honestly felt like I have played it a thousand times before. I cannot think of anything truly innovative. Some things seem innovative on the surface but in the end they are just disguising same old MMO material. Kind of like GW2 did with "dynamic questing" which just put a new spin on go kill/fetch questing.

you played it for....

5 levels?

10 levels?

less than 20 levels im guessing. you probably didnt even get your house and see that system. probably didnt see any of the dungeon content. didnt see any of the artifact items that have special quests built into them that you can complete to power them up.... didnt try any of the crafting, which is definitely a different experience from other MMOs....

i just kills me when people go I PLAYED IT I PLAYED IT.... for 5 levels. OFCOURSE it is going to feel like every other MMO at that point. i dont care if it was a VR MMO or something. every MMO is going to play the same in the first few hours. even the secret world, which has arguably the most different, involved, and difficult questing of any MMO on the market right now plays like every other MMO in the first few minutes of the game.

in the end, if you dont like it then fine... dont play it. but please dont sit there and act like you know everything about it or even gave it a fair chance. and DEFINITELY dont sit there and try to tell people it isnt doing anything different, because that is just a bold faced lie. if all you did was run around and do some quests... then you didnt even see 10% of the different kinds of content that wildstar is offering players.... and you absolutely cannot legitimately judge a game based on seeing so little of what it has to offer.

oh my god.... what are you talking about?

that housing system is not new.... the dungeon content is not new (just more fleshed out in a specific combat direction)

oh im not writing an essay... stop saying innovation in the wrong context.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 BSC14

@MBirdy88 said:

Tried it, while I'm sure its end-game will appeal to fans of WoW... and be abit faster paced than most games....

1) I hate the art style..... from character to enviroment design.

2) didn't like any of the classes and the way they control.... it tries too hard to remove auto-mated bits and makes a tedious game.

3) The humour was trying way too hard and just came off as aimed at 10 year olds.

4) the quest U.I was absolutely horrible.... and I thought FFXIV's map was confusing at first.... but this... jesus christ.

5) the jak and daxter movement... oddly enough annoys the crap out of me.

Sticking with FFXIV ... the luire of schedules raids has gone for me.... I dont care if they have 19 months of content to back it up afterward.

Well if you like FF's art style then I can see the problem...I HATE FF art style...the Japanese speed racer look just drives me mad. So yea, difference of opinion there but it's just not your thing.

Totally agree with the humor they do try a bit too hard imo.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23943 Posts

@MBirdy88: So the questlog tells me to speak to a certain NPC, because the quest journal is downright useless (unlike the one in say WoW), the only real indication I had of an NPCs location was the quest map, when I entered the area where the NPC was supposed to be, there was nobody there.

Either the Quest marker lied to me or the NPC wouldnt show up due to some bug, either way this is not fun and the quest UI truly is the worst I have seen in an mmo for ages.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 BSC14

@Maroxad said:

@MBirdy88: So the questlog tells me to speak to a certain NPC, because the quest journal is downright useless (unlike the one in say WoW), the only real indication I had of an NPCs location was the quest map, when I entered the area where the NPC was supposed to be, there was nobody there.

Either the Quest marker lied to me or the NPC wouldnt show up due to some bug, either way this is not fun and the quest UI truly is the worst I have seen in an mmo for ages.

I so agree with you. Quest log and map is really bad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Maroxad I hear you, I just had to spam the arrow thing over and over... which was another annoyance, it should of been permanent.

I want to add another point, I don't understand the "Active Combat" or people in this thread mis-using the "Real-Time" word.... all MMO combat is real time... get your damn terms correct. (well except the obvious turn based ones).

This combat is just like most other mmos, yes you aim with telegraphs... but you still press the damn hotkey button for it over and over again, combined with the occasional poorly-implemented guild wars 2 roll, oh well at least it doesn't make you immune like that bad game did.

It has the trinity, which automatically makes it ok though... but I found spamming your base-attack tedious over and over again. people say this is more involving than other MMOs.... but WoW and FFXIV's reactive and combo systems are still more advanced than most of these so called "action MMO" games with limited hotbars ... aiming a telegraph SLIGHTLY does not change that.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Ballroompirate

@Geminon said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@FelipeInside said:

@BSC14 said:

It's typical Felipe shyt, everyone knows you can play MMO's casually, hell I even gave examples. Then I asked him what makes him so busy that warrants all of his precious time and he says nothing throughout this thread. He even goes as far as changing his whole reason from not having enough time (even though he's willing to try out Everquest Next) to not thinking the $15 sub fee is worth it, seriously which one is it Felipe!?!?!. Oh and don't forget his rant about Guild Wars 2, which he said nothing about in this thread, kinda ironic he calls me absurd with all of the bullshit he's been pulling off in this thread.

His whole banter is absurd and contradicting.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 BSC14

@Ballroompirate said:

@Geminon said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@FelipeInside said:

@BSC14 said:

It's typical Felipe shyt, everyone knows you can play MMO's casually, hell I even gave examples. Then I asked him what makes him so busy that warrants all of his precious time and he says nothing throughout this thread. He even goes as far as changing his whole reason from not having enough time (even though he's willing to try out Everquest Next) to not thinking the $15 sub fee is worth it, seriously which one is it Felipe!?!?!. Oh and don't forget his rant about Guild Wars 2, which he said nothing about in this thread, kinda ironic he calls me absurd with all of the bullshit he's been pulling off in this thread.

His whole banter is absurd and contradicting.

I'm so confused. All this has just gotten strange lol...

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 BSC14

@vfibsux said:

@BSC14 said:

@Geminon said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@FelipeInside said:

@BSC14 said:

Maybe he's at work, that's where I am when I post 95% of the time.

Besides why the hell would he be trying to fool anyone about if he has time for an mmo? Furthermore why the hell does anyone care?

Because some people just need to be assholes, it is like crack to them.

I just think it's so strange....this whole attack on Felipe over his own personal life and time.

Felipe: "I just don't have time to play enough to justify $15 a month."

Other Board members: "Oh yeah right you liar....what kind of bullshit shit are you tying to pull? You just think you don't have time, omg you suck and don't even try and get one past me I is way too smart for that!!!!"

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#99  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59087 Posts

While it looked impressive from the people playing it I hear "meh".

Been playing Final Fantasy Realm Reborn, holy shit that is a crafting system.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 FelipeInside

Guys, let's just try to avoid people who come here to troll or attack other members.

Sorry the topic got derailed because of this Ballroom dude who came out of nowhere with attacks, and sorry I fed his attack by responding (I'm normally good with that and avoid conversations). Let's get back to the topic at hand if anyone has any more opinions about the game, which so far hasn't been positive from what I see.