Why is every one hyped about Diablo 3 ?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Assimilat0r
Member since 2011 • 767 Posts

I am gamer a long time, played Diablo 1 , Diablo 2 and Lord of Destruction but why is everyone so hyped about Diablo 3 ? Old Blizzard crew who were making those games left Blizzard after World of Warcraft Vanila, second thing i tryed like Diablo 3 and its not a so much like hype is for it. Your toughts on it ?

Not saying its bad neither that i wont buy but still not that much as hype made it.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#2 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

Kind of a silly question imo. The Diablo series was one of the best in PC gaming history, to not be hyped about the first one to come out in years would be abnormal.....not the other way around.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
The "old" crew is still with Diablo, only a few individuals left, as I'm sure you know, a game isn't made with a few people. I don't get what does everything you said have to do with how excited people are for a fantastic game, for a lot of people Diablo 3 is more than they could have imagined.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts

The hype was generated by the millions of WoW fans, StarCraft fans and old school gamers who want to relive the glory years. Many of those people are blinded by their allegiance with Blizzard and refuse to accept that Diablo 3 is a game designed from World of Warcraft principles: dumbed down progression, item-based combat, grind grind grind. With the implementation of the Real Money Auction House, the game is nothing more than slave labor, take a large cut of the profit, while in effect, making Diablo 3 a pay-to-win game.

As you mentioned many employees left Blizzard North and went to work on Torchlight. Being that Torchlight 2 is only $20, I'm going to pick up a couple copies for me and my son and we'll play that instead.

Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Assimilat0r

The "old" crew is still with Diablo, only a few individuals left, as I'm sure you know, a game isn't made with a few people. I don't get what does everything you said have to do with how excited people are for a fantastic game, for a lot of people Diablo 3 is more than they could have imagined.DanielDust

That was same thig with SWTOR, KOTOR were one of best SF RPGs on PC, but SWTOR even with storyline is not so great as KOTOR was.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DanielDust

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]The "old" crew is still with Diablo, only a few individuals left, as I'm sure you know, a game isn't made with a few people. I don't get what does everything you said have to do with how excited people are for a fantastic game, for a lot of people Diablo 3 is more than they could have imagined.Assimilat0r

That was same thig with SWTOR, KOTOR were one of best SF RPGs on PC, but SWTOR even with storyline is not so great as KOTOR was.

Not every company is Blizzard and not every company can still make good games, look at id, Epic and many others, just because they have most of the older people, it doesn't mean they're still able to make good games.

P.S KotOR was almost decent imo, KotOR 2 however was amazing and that wasn't by Bioware.

Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Assimilat0r

The hype was generated by the millions of WoW fans, StarCraft fans and old school gamers who want to relive the glory years. Many of those people are blinded by their allegence with Blizzard and refuse to accept that Diablo 3 is a game designed from World of Warcraft principles: dumbed down progression, item-based combat, grind grind grind. With the implementation of the Real Money Auction House, the game is nothing more than slave labor, take a large cut of the profit, while in effect, making Diablo 3 a pay-to-win game. You mentioned that most the employees left Blizzard North and went to work on Torchlight. Being that Torchlight 2 is only $20, I'm going to pick up a couple copies for me and my son and we'll play that instead.SKaREO

Runicgames and ArenaNet(most of crew is in Arena Net and making GW2)

Second thing that was my point, i am playing games since 1996 and i consider my self as old school(maybe i am wrong), but Diablo 3 wont be great as Diablo 1 and Diablo 2. Diablo 3 lack of so called "Great simple fun"

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DanielDust
I actually bothered to read the stupidity that is SKaREO and it lived up to the expectations. "Diablo 3 is a game designed from World of Warcraft principles: item-based combat, grind grind grind" I mean, you're allowed to be stupid and ignorant, but seriously, this much?
Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Assimilat0r

I actually bothered to read the stupidity that is SKaREO and it lived up to the expectations. "Diablo 3 is a game designed from World of Warcraft principles: item-based combat, grind grind grind" I mean, you're allowed to be stupid and ignorant, but seriously, this much?DanielDust

Hey friend not any game isnt worth to insult a people cuz of it, its his opinion.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DanielDust
He doesn't have an opinion, he just trolls everything around this forum and I mean everything. You can't tell me a person that apparently has no idea about the Diablo series or genre, gives an "educated" opinion, isn't stupid. He tried to be cool, but it's not the case.
JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts

[QUOTE="SKaREO"]The hype was generated by the millions of WoW fans, StarCraft fans and old school gamers who want to relive the glory years. Many of those people are blinded by their allegence with Blizzard and refuse to accept that Diablo 3 is a game designed from World of Warcraft principles: dumbed down progression, item-based combat, grind grind grind. With the implementation of the Real Money Auction House, the game is nothing more than slave labor, take a large cut of the profit, while in effect, making Diablo 3 a pay-to-win game. You mentioned that most the employees left Blizzard North and went to work on Torchlight. Being that Torchlight 2 is only $20, I'm going to pick up a couple copies for me and my son and we'll play that instead.Assimilat0r

Runicgames and ArenaNet(most of crew is in Arena Net and making GW2)

Second thing that was my point, i am playing games since 1996 and i consider my self as old school(maybe i am wrong), but Diablo 3 wont be great as Diablo 1 and Diablo 2. Diablo 3 lack of so called "Great simple fun"

Dude, you're obviously troll posting and quite frankly people have already beat you to it. Plenty of Diablo III troll threads already. Your comments clearly indicate that you have no idea what you're even talking about, from your incoherent ramblings to your comment about Diablo III lacking "Great simple fun"-as you put it.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SKaREO
[QUOTE="DanielDust"]He doesn't have an opinion, he just trolls everything around this forum and I mean everything. You can't tell me a person that apparently has no idea about the Diablo series or genre, gives an "educated" opinion, isn't stupid. He tried to be cool, but it's not the case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cVlTeIATBs
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DanielDust
[QUOTE="SKaREO"][QUOTE="DanielDust"]He doesn't have an opinion, he just trolls everything around this forum and I mean everything. You can't tell me a person that apparently has no idea about the Diablo series or genre, gives an "educated" opinion, isn't stupid. He tried to be cool, but it's not the case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cVlTeIATBs

http://www.liveyourlifewell.org/go/help You need it, your attitude around the forums is a clear sign.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

because its a good game? yes its not the same people that made diablo 1 or 2 but does it matter? is not like new people can't have talent

diablo 1 and 2 were great games, i played diablo 2 for a long time and the demo looked good.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Krelian-co

The hype was generated by the millions of WoW fans, StarCraft fans and old school gamers who want to relive the glory years. Many of those people are blinded by their allegiance with Blizzard and refuse to accept that Diablo 3 is a game designed from World of Warcraft principles: dumbed down progression, item-based combat, grind grind grind. With the implementation of the Real Money Auction House, the game is nothing more than slave labor, take a large cut of the profit, while in effect, making Diablo 3 a pay-to-win game.

As you mentioned many employees left Blizzard North and went to work on Torchlight. Being that Torchlight 2 is only $20, I'm going to pick up a couple copies for me and my son and we'll play that instead.

SKaREO

you got to be effin stupid to come up with this, every single action rpg is based on item progresion and grind, you either like the genre or you don't.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

I am gamer a long time, played Diablo 1 , Diablo 2 and Lord of Destruction but why is everyone so hyped about Diablo 3 ? Old Blizzard crew who were making those games left Blizzard after World of Warcraft Vanila, second thing i tryed like Diablo 3 and its not a so much like hype is for it. Your toughts on it ?

Not saying its bad neither that i wont buy but still not that much as hype made it.

Assimilat0r

Why are you assuming that "every one" is hyped about Diablo 3? Don't clump me in with people that are hyped about a game when I'm not. Not everyone is exceited for it - the beta let a lot of people get a feel for the game and some don't want it after playing it and some still want it after playing it.

The people that are hyped for this game are mostly the ones that greatly enjoyed Diablo II and they want more of the same, just newer.

I have not played Diablo III at all, but just from seeing some videos of gameplay and reading peoples reactions of the game, it's nothing that I'm hyped for. I enjoyed Diablo II, but not enough to give a rip about Diablo III coming out. I don't see Diablo III as an improvement over Diablo II - I see it as a step off the beaten path of what made Diablo II good.

I may at some point pick up a copy of Diablo III, but that won't be for a long while. I won't pay $60 for a game. I've only paid $50 for a couple of games - the very few I was really interested in. Diablo III, if I do buy a copy, will be when it's cheap ($20 or less). Seeing as how Star Craft 2 is still $40-50 and it came out coming up on 2 years ago (I don't want Star Craft II, just using it as an example of a recent Blizzard release) it may be a very long time before I pick up Diablo III.

So, not everyone is hyped about Diablo III and to assume so is ignorant. Is it a great game?.....maybe, but not to me. I'll save on passing true judgement on the day I get to play the game though and maybe when I do my opinion will change for the better, stay the same or change for the worse.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#17 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

SKaREO
Absurd.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SKaREO

[QUOTE="SKaREO"]

Krelian-co

you got to be effin stupid to come up with this, every single action rpg is based on item progresion and grind, you either like the genre or you don't.

With the inclusion of a real money auction house, its not a game anymore, its a job. I prefer customization and exploration than sifting through the garbage for pittance, which is what this game is amounting to at this point.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DanielDust
You last post still falls into what Krelian-co said, the first part and the last. A job? does your brain function?
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SKaREO
[QUOTE="DanielDust"]You last post still falls into what Krelian-co said, the first part and the last. A job? does your brain function?

Yes a job. Maybe when you stop posting drivel you can get one. If you want to see the difference, compare this to Torchlight 2.
Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Assimilat0r

Wtf, why the hell people are so insulted whit this topic ?

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DanielDust
So your brain isn't functioning properly. Diablo 3 is a game, you are clueless about what's going on around the subject Diablo, you don't have a clue about the genre, you are incapable of logic, etc. The only thing I can say about the 20$ Torchlight 2 that will offer 3 times less the content of Diablo 3, at least, is that, if you take advantage of the RMAH, you will be able to make the 20$ just by playing a "game". You're mentally unstable, I get that, but sooner or later, you'll process all this information and you'll also learn the meaning of a job and the meaning of a game.
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#23 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

People keep assuming that everyone that made WoW and Diablo have left the company.

BTW Assimilat0r I tend to see you constantly make posts about Blizz games then duck out and never come back when you are asked specific questions.

I tend to see the kid with the dinosaur picture crying about Blizzard games as well very often. I don't understand what motivates you.

Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Assimilat0r

People keep assuming that everyone that made WoW and Diablo have left the company.

BTW Assimilat0r I tend to see you constantly make posts about Blizz games then duck out and never come back when you are asked specific questions.

I tend to see the kid with the dinosaur picture crying about Blizzard games as well very often. I don't understand what motivates you.

-Unreal-

Free feel to ask me? And quote any of my posts where i acctualy insulted or cryed over Blizzard games,... Got 2k hours of their games loved all of them.

ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#25 ShimmerMan
Member since 2008 • 4634 Posts

Well the beta was trash. It played like a arcade game with over the top (and very repetitive environmental physics). If I had to base my opinion the game from the beta then I will say it's trash. But I'm hoping the full product will redeem itself.

The problems I see with the game..

-Lack of RPG mechanics such as lack of utility items, scrolls, potions, universal throwing items etc

-Lack of hit/miss mechanics

-Lack of micromanagement

- Stupidfied RPG skill system. Instant respecs, no character building except for picking skills on the fly

-Classes able to benefit from non-logical itimization. Such as a Wizard equipping a mace and gaining as much magical benefit as a wand/staff or whatever. Makes the game feel cheap and illogical.

-RMAH: any way you look at it this is a pay to win mechanic.

-Visuals, they look bad and don't suit the series. Much better suited to a game such as Torchlight which is built around the theme of being a cartoon. Diablo is not supposed to be a cartoon or comic style game.

-Story and Backstory is crap. I think this can be blamed on Diablo 2 for trying to make all the backstory present in the game, and Blizzard are continuing this with DIII. Diablo 1 was a simple story with deceit and horror and this suited the series much better imo.

Still looking forward to the game though as I've been around the series since the get go.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#26 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

Assimilat0r

Free feel to ask me? And quote any of my posts where i acctualy insulted or cryed over Blizzard games,... Got 2k hours of their games loved all of them.

Read my post again. Slowly.
alishathomaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 alishathomaz
Member since 2012 • 127 Posts

Its a good game.. their are other games like Diablo 3 that's why it depends on game play.

Sentinel112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sentinel112
Member since 2006 • 571 Posts

Well the beta was trash. It played like a arcade game with over the top (and very repetitive environmental physics). If I had to base my opinion the game from the beta then I will say it's trash. But I'm hoping the full product will redeem itself.

-Lack of RPG mechanics such as lack of utility items, scrolls, potions, universal throwing items etc

-Lack of micromanagement

- Stupidfied RPG skill system. Instant respecs, no character building except for picking skills on the fly

-Classes able to benefit from non-logical itimization. Such as a Wizard equipping a mace and gaining as much magical benefit as a wand/staff or whatever. Makes the game feel cheap and illogical.

-Visuals, they look bad and don't suit the series. Much better suited to a game such as Torchlight which is built around the theme of being a cartoon. Diablo is not supposed to be a cartoon or comic style game.

-Story and Backstory is crap. I think this can be blamed on Diablo 2 for trying to make all the backstory present in the game, and Blizzard are continuing this with DIII. Diablo 1 was a simple story with deceit and horror and this suited the series much better imo.

Still looking forward to the game though as I've been around the series since the get go.

ShimmerMan
GREAT POST !!!
xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 xLittlekillx
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

Well, it's diablo. It's not innovative, it's not pushing any boundaries, and it's even a little more simplified than previous games, but it's addictive and fun with friends which is all that matters.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
it's still pretty good?
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Krelian-co

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="SKaREO"]

SKaREO

With the inclusion of a real money auction house, its not a game anymore, its a job. I prefer customization and exploration than sifting through the garbage for pittance, which is what this game is amounting to at this point.

you are ridicoulous, why is it a job? you want to play solo, go solo, want to play coop? play coop. In these types of games there are always gold and item farmers, you think its new that people sell their items? i don't see how it affects you unless you want to be top pvper, and they always buy gear from other people and farmers anyway. play the game you enjoy the game, period.

Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#32 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
[QUOTE="SKaREO"][QUOTE="DanielDust"]You last post still falls into what Krelian-co said, the first part and the last. A job? does your brain function?

Yes a job. Maybe when you stop posting drivel you can get one. If you want to see the difference, compare this to Torchlight 2.

Go troll system wars.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I actually bothered to read the stupidity that is SKaREO and it lived up to the expectations. "Diablo 3 is a game designed from World of Warcraft principles: item-based combat, grind grind grind" I mean, you're allowed to be stupid and ignorant, but seriously, this much?DanielDust
What's so wrong about what he said? World of Warcraft is entirely item-based combat and grind-based. Diablo 2 was entirely based item-based combat and featured a lot of grinding (in the form of MF). I'd say you're closer to an idiot if you can't understand what he's talking about; it's fairly simple.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DanielDust
[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"][QUOTE="DanielDust"]I actually bothered to read the stupidity that is SKaREO and it lived up to the expectations. "Diablo 3 is a game designed from World of Warcraft principles: item-based combat, grind grind grind" I mean, you're allowed to be stupid and ignorant, but seriously, this much?

What's so wrong about what he said? World of Warcraft is entirely item-based combat and grind-based. Diablo 2 was entirely based item-based combat and featured a lot of grinding. I'd say you're closer to an idiot if you can't understand what he's talking about; it's fairly simple.

Well Captain Obvious. Read what you wrote in your second sentence, compare what you wrote with the genre, cut the drama and idiocy and what do you get? Captain Obvious to the rescue, right? I understood it perfectly, you however have to work more on that, you didn't understand a thing.
Born_Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Born_Lucky
Member since 2003 • 1730 Posts

TC - what makes you think everyone, is hyped for it.

Because Gamespot and other websites tell you they are?

They get paid to say that, even if it's a lie, and one thing we've learned about GS . . . you can't trust them.

Walincas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Walincas
Member since 2006 • 511 Posts

The funny thing about Diablo 3 and my hype about is, that the game can suck all it want's to - I will still play it, because I have waited for this game the last 10 years and my buddies and I have told each other that D3 would be released next year at Christmas - we have been saying that to each other for the last 9 years :P

So even if it's a broken and completely unplayable game, me buds and I are going to play it anyway - after waiting for 10 beeping long years :)

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#37 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Sequel to the best coop game of all time

uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 uRan_Ehr
Member since 2007 • 3733 Posts
Back in 1996 when I was 6 years old Diablo 1 was my first gaming experience ever. The dad of two of my best and longest friends brought it with him from a US trip and even though it was in English and we didn't understood anything we figured it out and played through the game. Later on Diablo 2 was the first game I got to play on my own PC and while I never played it much over the Battle.Net (I dedicated that time to WarCraft 3) it is still one of my all time favourites. So for me personally there is no reason to not get hyped for Diablo 3. Played the open beta and even though I am still a bit sceptical about the diversity in character development I will definitely get the game and yes, just because it is Diablo 3 and made by Blizzard. They never did let me down completely :P
xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 xLittlekillx
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

Sequel to the best coop game of all time

kozzy1234

That's really what's at the heart of my decision to purchase it. I'm not happy with the always online drm, and I blame the stupid real money crap for it. But at the end of the day, it's the best broop game on PC. I honestly believe that playing games cooperatively with friends is my favorite thing about being a gamer.

Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#40 Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

Well first of all, its a Blizzard game.

Second of all, its Diablo!

iagbas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 iagbas
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts
people waited 12 years for it, thats f**king why.
Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

Assimilat0r
Because it's the sequel to an amazing franchise from the best developer in the industry, and looks amazing? It's like asking why do people like puppies or the color blue?
tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

It looks good, I'm just not a fan of that genre of games.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SKaREO

It's like asking why do people like puppies or the color blue?

Good question! Since everyone knows kittens and the color red are superior in cuteness and vibrancy.
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
Because it's freaking Diablo III.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SKaREO
people waited 12 years for it, thats f**king why.iagbas
This reminds me of Duke Nukem Forever. Damn, that game generated more hype than it was worth in dollars.
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
[QUOTE="iagbas"]people waited 12 years for it, thats f**king why.SKaREO
This reminds me of Duke Nukem Forever. Damn, that game generated more hype than it was worth in dollars.

... Except Diablo III will be a GOOD game. And not, you know... a really crappy one.
takeiteazy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 takeiteazy3
Member since 2008 • 743 Posts
D3 beta was better than DNF all together
GLaDoSxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GLaDoSxxx
Member since 2012 • 181 Posts

Kind of a silly question imo. The Diablo series was one of the best in PC gaming history, to not be hyped about the first one to come out in years would be abnormal.....not the other way around.

vfibsux
Agreed.
cboyuno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#50 cboyuno
Member since 2007 • 647 Posts

-Lack of micromanagement

ShimmerMan

see you at launch.