Ubisoft did it again

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

Didn't ubisoft just come out and say that they have way more talent than EA and Activision lol?

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#52 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Didn't ubisoft just come out and say that they have way more talent than EA and Activision lol?

October_Tide

They have better artists, that's all.

Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#53 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts
While I do not care about a game having DRM, I do care about being lied too. I was considering buying it but I dont want to support it now.
Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
Eh, they have been failing at most every game except Assassins Creed and even that is marginal. Screw them. They're a trash company and a trash publisher that could care less about quality.
guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 guildclaws
Member since 2009 • 7921 Posts

The always-on DRM don't bother me at all

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#56 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Not that I'm taking your word for it 100% but I don't see a reason why you would lie. Ubisoft is one of my least favorite big companies.. The only game I kinda liked was Assassin's Creed 2..which was decent. That's about it. When I see a game published and/or developed by them.. I am highly skeptical.

Oh, yeah, and lots of crappy ports.. and thanks for screwing up the Resident Evil 4 port.. like BADLY. I will never forgive them for that.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Psssh and people were excited for this game. I knew this game was going to have this fate considering they never talked about the PC version. They didn't make any videos or talk about any of the changes that would happen in the PC version. Also its from Ubisoft, one of the worst game companys ever when it comes to making PC games.

Now...lets all all put this behind us....and lets go buy Bastion instead!

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Yeah because Bastion has so many options and plays so well with the mouse! :lol:

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 JangoWuzHere

Yeah because Bastion has so many options and plays so well with the mouse! :lol:

Baranga

Why do you need graphics options for a game like Bastion? Bastion also controls very well with a mouse and keyboard.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Baranga

So does From Dust once you accept the fact that you're controlling a character in the world.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 JangoWuzHere

So does From Dust once you accept the fact that you're controlling a character in the world.

Baranga

I haven't heard any complaints about Bastions controls for PC. However, lots of people are complaining about the awkward controls in From Dust. From Dust is a game that should control like a standard PC game. It shouldn't be hampered by console limitations.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Baranga

How is it a console limitation that you're controlling the Breath?! It was a gameplay decision to make the cursor a character in the world and have it move relative to the map, not to the screen. There must be a billion games using this control system, but I guess only a few of them sort of look like a strategy game...

Bastion works much better with a controller, if you have one that's the only way to play it. From Dust, on the other hand, plays worse with the controller. The camera is very limited.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 JangoWuzHere

How is it a console limitation that you're controlling the Breath?! It was a gameplay decision to make the cursor a character in the world and have it move relative to the map, not to the screen. There must be a billion games using this control system, but I guess only a few of them sort of look like a strategy game...

Bastion works much better with a controller, if you have one that's the only way to play it. From Dust, on the other hand, plays worse with the controller. The camera is very limited.

Baranga

You do realize they could have mapped the breath character to a standard PC control scheme right? They didn't do that, they instead just lazily ported the game over. The game doesn't even have steam achievements, they didn't even bother with that.

Bastion controls fine with a mouse and keyboard. I agree that the game plays better with a controller, but thats mainly because Bastion style of game maps better to a controller. From Dust would be perfect on a PC, but the developer chose not to take advantage of the PC at all. They delayed the game a whole month at the very last secound before release and did not bother doing anything to make it feel like a true PC game

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#64 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

People should stop buying and hyping bad XLBA ports of mediocre games. They seem to deserve attention from gaming sites, only because they are on consoles,and it takes gamespot months to review PC only indies. If you want a cheap indie RTS title, get Frozen Synapse, it's probably one of the better RTS games this gen.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#65 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

From dust = Ubisoft failing AGAIN.

Terrible controls, terrible port (THERE ARE NO GRAPHICS OPTIONS.), and worst of all. ALWAYS ON DRM. Whats worse this time is that they said it was one time only, but this happened. Thats it. I am FINISHED with ubisoft, this was just BS.

kris9031998

Nice I was planning on getting this but didnt realise it was out yet, I wont be getting it now though, thanks for the heads up.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Baranga

People should stop buying and hyping bad XLBA ports of mediocre games. They seem to deserve attention from gaming sites, only because they are on consoles,and it takes gamespot months to review PC only indies. If you want a cheap indie RTS title, get Frozen Synapse, it's probably one of the better RTS games this gen.

GeneralShowzer

From Dust is not a RTS:P And it's excellent, one of the most interesting sandbox games I've ever played. The environment simulation is incredible.

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#67 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts

[QUOTE="kris9031998"] The control is bad because of the fact that you cant move with the WASD keys while doing things with your mouse. So if there is an emergency (tsunami) you have to do it by moving your mouse all the way there or using the WASD keys and risking a failure.Baranga

You ARE that worm thing. You move faster as you zoom out. The movement is relative to the world, not to the screen. I don't see a problem. It's very similar to Defense Grid. WASD and mouse controls have the same speed anyway. I believe people complain because they expect a cIassic RTS control scheme. This doesn't play like a level editor... You're racing across the map and modifying things with large brush strokes. It's more like a puzzle game. You're not supposed to have perfect accuracy and it's very forgiving anyway.

In any case, turn off mouse scroll and tweak the sensibility. I use the default scheme and it works like a charm. If I was able to put out all the fires started by lava in the first volcano map, you can do it too.

Buy it on Xbox only if your Internet is a 56k modem connection or you take some sort of nebulous moral stance against Ubisoft. Otherwise enjoy the better graphics and controls. The game is good.

Then i guess all the people on the ubisoft forums are lying huh?

xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 xLittlekillx
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08/18/from-dust-does-need-online-badly-ported/

You can contact them for refunds. I'd suggest doing that, as a way of saying "we don't like crappy ports with game ruining DRM that the pirates have already found a way around anyways."

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19602 Posts
For what it's worth, I'm enjoying the game. It's pretty much exactly what I expected of it.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts

Not sure how accurate (lack of any link makes me doubt it's accuracy) but thought that I should just post it anyway :http://lo-ping.org/2011/08/18/steam-offering-refund-for-ever-sold-copy-of-from-dust/

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#71 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts

Not sure how accurate (lack of any link makes me doubt it's accuracy) but thought that I should just post it anyway :http://lo-ping.org/2011/08/18/steam-offering-refund-for-ever-sold-copy-of-from-dust/

naval
Sadly i cannot, because i won a giveaway and was gifted the game.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
I don't plan of buying any games from them in the future.
yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#73 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
fps limit of 30? pass.
DanielCuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 DanielCuc
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

This is a great video recap of just how awful ubisoft was over the years ... They deleted the post of this video 4 times from their forums http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjfGyYMVsMc

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#75 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts
Is Ubisoft so cash-starved that the best they could do was portray your character as a wormlike thing with a comet tail? One would think they could at the very least put up a humanoid entity and animated it.
Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Code135
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts

Not surprised ... good thing I decided to wait and see what people can say about the game before I get it through steam ...

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
fps limit of 30? pass.yellosnolvr
What's the issue with everyone and the FPS cap. The game works fine for me with no lag even if it's got a cap. The controls on the other hand are another issue...