To people who say stalker doesnt look good [56k]

• 124 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

Well that is one out of hundreds. Even though I have yet to play STALKER, I had looked at so many posts. Each saying MAJOR Problems! STALKER is not that great! Besides, you make a thread on graphics, yet comment on the atmosphere.

You may want to argue that STALKER is an overall good game, not the graphics. Maybe four years ago, the graphics were as good as they get, not anymore.

It just baffles me that you can say Half Life 2 is not advanced. That game still looks great even to this day, even though it was released 3 years ago. STALKER, however, does not share the same fate.

PaverPopPC

HL2 has great textures but thats it. Fake hdr, static lighting and of course fake shadows. Way behind recent games. Also keep in mind that a non-linear game like Stalker is almost twice as demanding as a rail shooter like HL2.

_deadrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 _deadrat
Member since 2006 • 224 Posts

Here is a nice screenshot that i just took. This is at medium settings.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Click on it to enlarge.

beex215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 beex215
Member since 2006 • 1198 Posts
from those crappy pics,that game does look bad
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
  • Athlon XP 3000+ 2.2 ghz
  • 1 GB RAM
  • Radeon 9800pro 128bit
  • Static lighting
  • Medium settings
  • 60 FPS average
  • Occasional stutter during progressive loading

8)
Platearmor_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#105 Platearmor_6
Member since 2004 • 2817 Posts
[QUOTE="PredatorRules"][QUOTE="Letesmetty"][QUOTE="way2funny"]

[QUOTE="Letesmetty"]Looks bad. way2funny

then what looks good for you?

Games with good graphics.

such as F.E.A.R. or R6 Vegas? =)

vegas, yes, but FEAR? fear just has nice gore, and the textures are a lot better in stalker. THe lighting puts FEAR to shame as well

Vegas looks like junk, the textures are really terrible low res and its so unoptimised ONLY mid range computers can play it. FEAR on the other hand looks great by comparison and the lighting in STALKER is just incredible. Best lighting effects I've seen in a game yet.

SpazH3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 SpazH3d
Member since 2005 • 1739 Posts
Crappy textures and ugly characters...go play Chronicles of Riddick and Prey on max settings...
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 onemic
Member since 2003 • 5616 Posts

Indoors the game looks equal to Halflife 2: the textures are nice, and environmental effects are nice as well.

Character models are extremely outdated to me however, especially considering how beautiful FEAR's and HL 2's look. Also, outside environments have a very grainy look and I Have textures on max.

The game still looks fine to me, perfectly acceptable even with all the big-budget beauties we have today (Vegas, Oblivion, FEAR, etc).

Just dont get me started on the poor dynamic lighting STALKER has....that will slow down that fastest of rigs. I Have a 7600GT and with it on, I got under 25FPs at 1280x1024 or whatever widescreen is. With it turned off, I get 50+ fps at 1600x1050 with everything on high. Something is definately wrong with that...

mrbojangles25
Yep the game has horrible optimization when it comes to dynamic lighting. You basically need a high end 7 series card or an 8 series card to run the game well in dynamic lighting mode.
MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 MadExponent
Member since 2003 • 11454 Posts
STALKER looks good indoors, but outdoors it is pretty horrible. I play with literally everything maxed @ 1920x1080.
GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#109 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts
[QUOTE="way2funny"][QUOTE="PredatorRules"][QUOTE="Letesmetty"][QUOTE="way2funny"]

[QUOTE="Letesmetty"]Looks bad. Platearmor_6

then what looks good for you?

Games with good graphics.

such as F.E.A.R. or R6 Vegas? =)

vegas, yes, but FEAR? fear just has nice gore, and the textures are a lot better in stalker. THe lighting puts FEAR to shame as well

Vegas looks like junk, the textures are really terrible low res and its so unoptimised ONLY mid range computers can play it. FEAR on the other hand looks great by comparison and the lighting in STALKER is just incredible. Best lighting effects I've seen in a game yet.

Vegas looks like junk? it's looks most realistic than other games
Avatar image for Roland123_basic
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110 Roland123_basic
Member since 2002 • 3841 Posts
that does NOT look better than HL2.... sorry
Liliroots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#111 Liliroots
Member since 2004 • 1411 Posts
[QUOTE="way2funny"][QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="way2funny"]

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]I completely agree. With how much people were down-talking the graphics, I was ready for a crappy-looking but fun game. Then I installed it, maxed out my graphics, started a new game, and I was floored. I was like, "DAMN". This looks FANTASTIC. It's obviously not the greatest looking game ever, but it looks sooo much better than people seemed to be expecting, and more than competes with any other modern game. Plus, graphics aside, it's one of the best games I've ever played.onemic

Thats all im trying to prove. Im not saying its the best looking game, im just saying its really not as bad as everyone keeps saying, on the contrary, its a pretty darn good looking game in its own right

The main reason why people(including me) Are hating on the graphics is because of the games extremely poor optimization. The game is so unoptimized that even high end 7 series(7800+) Are reporting performance problems running the game in dynamic lighting mode. This causes most people(including me) to be forced to play under static lighting mode, and I think everyone can agree that the game doesn't look that good when playing in that mode.

Im not talking about optimization, im just saying if you have the guts to run it, it looks VERY good. Tats the only point im trying to make.

but most people don't got the hardware to run it. That's the thing. Barely anyone has 8 series card and not that many people have highe end 7 series cards. Even then normal 7800 users are reporting problems running the game with dynamic lighting.

I don't think he is talking about most people.
maccaaccam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 maccaaccam
Member since 2004 • 630 Posts

if you dont care why post who cares?

anyway i think the game looks great even on default low. those screenies in the first post make me want to upgrade so badly from my 6200 turbo crap. 

ebcdic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#113 ebcdic
Member since 2004 • 61 Posts
I think it is funny the entire thread, that is related to the graphical prowess of Stalker, is a comparison to a game releases in 2004. And yes, HL2 does look better...
way2funny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#114 way2funny
Member since 2003 • 4570 Posts

I think it is funny the entire thread, that is related to the graphical prowess of Stalker, is a comparison to a game releases in 2004. And yes, HL2 does look better...ebcdic

show me Half Life 2 screens that look better than the screens i just posted. Half Life 2 is just more colorful, its brighter. Stalker *looks* worse because of the art style, but technically it is a lot better, and has better lightening, and better effects.

The only thing HL2 does better is character models, but everything else is better in stalker 

AlexRadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 AlexRadu
Member since 2006 • 89 Posts
i'm drawing the conclusion that ppl hate stalker cuz most cant play it maxed out or that it failed one's expectations, and that they rly prefer hl2 or fear ..mostly hl2 :? anyway it's really weird... at least we can all agree Crysis will pwn :P im so sad right now (i havent got any more games to play) because i cant play stalker, nor fear, nor any other FPSs.... since i got this scarce of playing FPS with monsters -_- :|... :( though i played stalker a bit
PC-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 PC-Gamer
Member since 2006 • 463 Posts

IMO, this game looks better than FEAR in some ways. Though I've never played STALKER before, I am judging the graphics soley on screenshots. STALKER looks good indoors compared to outdoors if you ask me. FEAR had boring and repetitve level design. I rather have good, varied level design and less flashy graphics than boring level design and amazing graphics.

way2funny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#117 way2funny
Member since 2003 • 4570 Posts

i'm drawing the conclusion that ppl hate stalker cuz most cant play it maxed out or that it failed one's expectations, and that they rly prefer hl2 or fear ..mostly hl2 :? anyway it's really weird... at least we can all agree Crysis will pwn :P im so sad right now (i havent got any more games to play) because i cant play stalker, nor fear, nor any other FPSs.... since i got this scarce of playing FPS with monsters -_- :|... :( though i played stalker a bitAlexRadu

yeah stalkers creatures are a really creapy, and do things i couldnt believe that really gets your blood boiling. 

DarKre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 DarKre
Member since 2003 • 9529 Posts
 At first I was not convinced STALKER looked better then the Source Engine or FEAR, but after playing through it completly I have made up my mind. While Source may win at one aspect, and FEAR at another, STALKER mixes all aspects of graphics into a very detailed way. Great textures, huge draw distances, huge outdoor props..what can I say it has grown on me.
Stevendawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Stevendawg
Member since 2006 • 500 Posts

Half Life 2 and Infernal

captalchol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 captalchol
Member since 2006 • 643 Posts
sorry I didn't read all 100+ posts but based on those screenshots the game looks quite lousy imo.  Maybe on par with far cry with worse player models.
2birds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 2birds
Member since 2006 • 773 Posts
I think its anice looking game, i think some bits look like a scene straight outta CS:S, but i've heard the lighting effects are amazing on STALKER, can anyone back that up/
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

Half Life 2 and Infernal

Stevendawg

Now add realtime lighting and sandbox levels, watch the framerate plummet.

onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 onemic
Member since 2003 • 5616 Posts

Now add realtime lighting and sandbox levels, watch the framerate plummet.

Please....STALKER doesn't have open-ended/sandbox levels at all. It just looks that way. Far cry is way more open than that game. Oh, and just play HL2 EP: 1 to see how much you FPS plummets with HDR(Not that much) and I think it's pretty much known that HL2 basically has the best looking HDR out of all games currently.
oritxupolite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 oritxupolite
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

STALKER without mod , vainilla, all setting in maximun

oritxupolite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points