the most realistic fps ever???

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jasopan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 jasopan
Member since 2006 • 2360 Posts
americas army - wasnt that made by the us army?
Avatar image for BewilderedRonin
BewilderedRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#102 BewilderedRonin
Member since 2006 • 456 Posts

americas army - wasnt that made by the us army?jasopan

Yes.

These threads are so f'ing dumb. If you want realism, then enlist. Otherwise, just play your damn games. I've met so many idiotic kids that want to go to war cos they think it'll be like the games. It's NOT. And if you have the attitude that it will be, or that it will be somewhat similar, PLEASE DO NOT enlist. We have enough obnoxious overconfident brats already. If you think you can actually face the idea of brushing your best friend's brains off your shoulder and still continue to fight, then give it a go. Actual combat is NOT glamorous.

For most of you: Go to college, take some drugs, and earn your MBA instead.

Artosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 Artosa
Member since 2005 • 5063 Posts

[QUOTE="jasopan"]americas army - wasnt that made by the us army?BewilderedRonin

Yes.

These threads are so f'ing dumb. If you want realism, then enlist. Otherwise, just play your damn games. I've met so many idiotic kids that want to go to war cos they think it'll be like the games. It's NOT. And if you have the attitude that it will be, or that it will be somewhat similar, PLEASE DO NOT enlist. We have enough obnoxious overconfident brats already. If you think you can actually face the idea of brushing your best friend's brains off your shoulder and still continue to fight, then give it a go. Actual combat is NOT glamorous.

That is your opinion, i enjoy realism in games, and i don't wanna join the army, just because you dont like the games does not mean other people cannot.

Artosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Artosa
Member since 2005 • 5063 Posts

Crysis is one realistic FPS not just Graphically.......... 8). Rainbow Six 3 Raven Sheild is also very realistic...... 8)prasath_amd

crysis is hardly realistic

bogaty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#105 bogaty
Member since 2003 • 4750 Posts

But.....he just respawns in again, right?

I think movies desensitized me to the gore. Looking at the mass graves we unearthed in Bosnia didn't phase me at all, but the smell had me wretching constantly.

mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts
Operation Flashpoint is the most realistic FPS I've ever played. It also affected me in a way that FPS games just don't manage. I actually hid in a bush during one firefight. It was pretty intense.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

[QUOTE="jasopan"]americas army - wasnt that made by the us army?BewilderedRonin

Yes.

Why the hell would I want to enlist into the military?

Just because I like realism and authentic games, doesent mean im going to roll up to the nearest enrolling center.

Im pretty sure the vast majority of people in this thread are aware of the difference between the reality of combat, and simulations.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Operation Flashpoint is the most realistic FPS I've ever played. It also affected me in a way that FPS games just don't manage. I actually hid in a bush during one firefight. It was pretty intense.mfsa
I second that.

Sticking to prone was one of the most common stances used in the game, and having no hud made spotting targets and identifying them from friend and foe intense.

Vic_Vega1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#109 Vic_Vega1994
Member since 2003 • 1397 Posts
America's Army sucks
DloProH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 DloProH
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I would definitely vote for ArmA 2 (as of this post at least as nothing better has been released). However this game only truly works if you play it online in a seriously organized and professional team like the milsim guys over at Operation Reality (ORC) or some other such simulation style online organization. It's definitely worth getting if you have a decent enough computer, have some free time and are interested in realistic fps and combat sims and playing massive non linear simulation style operations with lots of other real people over the internet! Definitely worth checking out.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

The original Ghost Recon?

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Operation Flashpoint. Not graphically but through the difficulty in my opinion. It really made me think " Wow...I'f I'm this horrible in this game then I'd be even worse out on a real battlefield" I haven't played ArmA 2 so I can't say it is the most realistic but it looks to be pretty close aswell.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Bumping old threads ftl.
SaltyDoughnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points