THE MOST ANTICIPATED GAME OF 2010: Your Choice

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Turtlecream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Turtlecream
Member since 2009 • 226 Posts

Please name the one game scheduled to be released in 2010 that you are anticipating the most and explain why.

For me, I am most excited about the upcoming Star Wars: The Old Republic. While I do not normally hype games for the sake of being disappointed, I am absolutely certain that Star Wars: The Old Republic will be exceptional simply because it is from BioWare and LucasArts.

I have yet to experience a single product from BioWare that I did not enjoy, and when especially looking at something such as Dragon Age: Origins or Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, BioWare has clearly earned more than enough credibility.

Your turn.

Aslyum_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Aslyum_Beast
Member since 2008 • 975 Posts

Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age: Awakening, Starcraft II, Torchlight MP, and Super Street Fighter IV.

Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age have basically made my whole perspective on gaming much much better. I love the games and I adore the fact that the characters and the world within these two have such rich personality. While games like Oblivion opened the door for me to great gaming, Dragon age pulled me in to the Party within.

Starcraft II is a must for me. I used to love 3 hour matches on the original on Custom maps and i hope that this game still has that same level of customizability.

Torchlight is very fun game by myself, but imagine playing it with a group of peeps? talk about some good times. and it has a level editor! complete your friend's dungeons!

SSFIV is a given. I have it for 360, but since its coming out on PC also, see no point in leaving it out. So much balancing and new characters coming that it is hard to care about the price tag of it.($40 USD) Bonus Stages, so far 4 new characters, new 3rd costumes for all characters, Rival Startings, All new Ultras. It is the greatest fighting game around, and it just keeps getting better.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
StarCraft 2. Reason? I loved the original.
DJ_Redline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 DJ_Redline
Member since 2004 • 288 Posts

Dragon Age Origins: Awakening & BioShock 2

I just got Dragon Age for Xbox 360 for Christmas and I am hooked. Normally I don't get too into RPG's but the game has sucked me in! And I have been patiently waiting for BioShock 2 since I finished the first game. I loved the whole plasmid gimmick and enjoyed the game thoroughly. And with the addition of multiplayer in BS2 it's just making me that much more excited to play it. I was anticipating God of War 3 but I don't have a PS3 so meh...

Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
The Witcher 2 (It's not scheduled but I'm near positive it will release 2010) and SC2. The Witcher 2 - Easy, The Witcher is one of my favorite games of all time, it's a magnificent game that has it's fair share of flaws and a sequel that can capture the same feeling as the original and fix the flaws will no doubt be an amazing experience. SC2 - I enjoyed SC maybe not as much as some but did enjoy it and SC2 looks to be more SC goodness.
NoctisCaelum52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 NoctisCaelum52
Member since 2009 • 1359 Posts

• Mass Effect 2

• Battlefield - Bad Company 2

• Final Fantasy XIII

• StarCraft II

• And maybe God Of War III

-clippa-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -clippa-
Member since 2008 • 596 Posts

Nothing really caught my eye so far to be honest. Looking forward to aliens vs predator though, that might be good.

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

i'm anticipating a rig upgrade, to be honest.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58322 Posts

Jinroh_basic

ditto, my C2D E6400 is kiiiiiiillllling me.

2.13 GHz :(

honestly I just want a Wolfdale at 2.9GHz or whatever it is but 170 bucks is just 100 bucks out of range for me

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

WoW: Cataclysm

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Still deciding on PC or PS3 version)

Diablo 3?

ArmA 2: Operation Overhead

Dragon Age: Origin: Awakening

Forged By Chaos

Project Offset (Just seems like its pulling a DNF though)

Delta Force: Angel Falls (Hoping they can redeem themselves)

RAGE!

MGS: Rising

...omg too many games don't make me choose! (It'd easily be Cataclysm if I had too) Man I really need a yob to buy all these awesome games for all platforms this year :x

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
starcraft 2
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

[QUOTE="Jinroh_basic"]

mrbojangles25

honestly I just want a Wolfdale at 2.9GHz or whatever it is but 170 bucks is just 100 bucks out of range for me

you want my wolfdale E7200? i named it Spark and it's a good boy~ :D

BotZakafein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 BotZakafein
Member since 2009 • 93 Posts

Starcraft 2? Diablo 3? I wish God of War comes out on pc tho...

tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts

Starcraft 2? Diablo 3? I wish God of War comes out on pc tho...

BotZakafein
i think god of war would be fun but i'll be fine without it
OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

If I had to choose one it probably will be World of Warcraft Cataclysm. Very interested with the direction of what made WoW such a fantastic game for me early on.

Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts

If I had to choose one it probably will be World of Warcraft Cataclysm. Very interested with the direction of what made WoW such a fantastic game for me early on.

OoSuperMarioO
Forgot this one and I agree, playing the same Azeroth for 5 years has gotten stale, can't wait for the update.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="Jinroh_basic"]

Jinroh_basic

you want my wolfdale E7200? i named it Spark and it's a good boy~ :D

does Spark, errrm, spark? lol dont wanna set my rig on fire!

Turtlecream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Turtlecream

[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]

Im_single

Forgot this one and I agree, playing the same Azeroth for 5 years has gotten stale, can't wait for the update.

I wonder how the developers are planning to change Azeroth, exactly. I wonder if they are simply going to revamp the terrain or actually change what is actually in the world to make it more useful to higher levels and such.

I am quite worried about getting Cataclysm and being like, "Ohhh, look at the Barrens! Ohhh, look at Desolace!" and then proceeding to ignore it all whilst chilling in Orgrimmar and queueing for arenas and battlegrounds.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="Im_single"][QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]

Turtlecream

I wonder how the developers are planning to change Azeroth, exactly. I wonder if they are simply going to revamp the terrain or actually change what is actually in the world to make it more useful to higher levels and such.

I am quite worried about getting Cataclysm and being like, "Ohhh, look at the Barrens! Ohhh, look at Desolace!" and then proceeding to ignore it all whilst chilling in Orgrimmar and queueing for arenas and battlegrounds.

theyre adding level 80-85 content to those zones. So, while in the barrens you can still level 12-20 as usual, just not in all the places you used to. The areas that changed will now be 80-85, if I read correctly

Turtlecream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Turtlecream

[QUOTE="Turtlecream"]

[QUOTE="Im_single"] Forgot this one and I agree, playing the same Azeroth for 5 years has gotten stale, can't wait for the update.mrbojangles25

theyre adding level 80-85 content to those zones. So, while in the barrens you can still level 12-20 as usual, just not in all the places you used to. The areas that changed will now be 80-85, if I read correctly

Oooh, sounds like some people are going to have fun with the ganking, unless Blizzard ruins it with their phasing technology.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="Turtlecream"]

Turtlecream

Oooh, sounds like some people are going to have fun with the ganking, unless Blizzard ruins it with their phasing technology.

from what Ive read, theyre not using the phasing technology. Everything will be accessable to everyone.

Theyre also tweaking a few zones, as well, in terms of levels. I forgot exactly, but there are some horribly unpopular areas that simply never got used, and theyre completely redesigning them in terms of levels and quests

tbh I am just looking forward to running level 80-85 Shadowfang Keep and Deadmines, for some odd reason. Oh, and flying around azeroth and going to the newly unlocked areas. Oooooh and worgen

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Rage, if it comes out in 2010 Bad company 2 Avp3 mafia 2 and some other stuff i dont remember now!!
longtonguecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 longtonguecat
Member since 2008 • 2558 Posts

Starcraft II because the first game was awesome!

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 OoSuperMarioO

[QUOTE="Turtlecream"]

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

mrbojangles25

from what Ive read, theyre not using the phasing technology. Everything will be accessable to everyone.

Theyre also tweaking a few zones, as well, in terms of levels. I forgot exactly, but there are some horribly unpopular areas that simply never got used, and theyre completely redesigning them in terms of levels and quests

tbh I am just looking forward to running level 80-85 Shadowfang Keep and Deadmines, for some odd reason. Oh, and flying around azeroth and going to the newly unlocked areas. Oooooh and worgen

Blizzard shared a bit of depth at the latest Blizzcon and what really had an lasting impression for excitement was the Guild Leveling System and Rated Battleground system.

The GLS can really encourage a great deal of loyalty between players within guilds, in addition new features like a talent tree for your guilds is going to be absolutly marvelous. Here's a good read:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Guild_advancement

Players like me have been anticipating Blizzard to support Battlegrounds for ages and I'm delighted that Blizzard listened to the community. Rated battlegrounds can re-establish premade teams to compete within Battlegrounds once again. Premade battleground play is too satisfying.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

longtonguecat
yeah, 12 years ago ;)...judging by the changes gamedevelopers have done to their own games and how much ideas and gameplay quality has fallen since then, i dont think it will be wise to expect something equally awesome!!
badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts
Rage Half-Life Ep 3 ??? Starcraft 2
pinneyapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 pinneyapple
Member since 2005 • 5566 Posts

Mafia 2

It's all I want this year.

STOCKMAN22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 STOCKMAN22
Member since 2010 • 415 Posts
Pc games i am looking forward in 2010 Dark Void Dead Rising 2 Spec ops Alien Breed Scivelation Underwater wars Dead Space 2 Mechwarrior 5 Front Mission Evolved Metal gear Rising Splinter cell 5 Mafia 2 True crime 3 Star wars force unleashed 2 Batman Arkam Aslym 2 Kane&Lynch 2 Just Cause 2 Assasin creed 2 Captain Blood Necrovision Losr comapny Aliens Colonial Marines Aliens Vs Predator and a lot other i can not remeber now!!
STOCKMAN22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 STOCKMAN22
Member since 2010 • 415 Posts
Oh i forgot Blaz Blue Calamity trigger! It is the SECOND fighting game coming to pc after SF4!!
NoctisCaelum52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NoctisCaelum52
Member since 2009 • 1359 Posts
Brink and Max Payne 3 !
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
Mass Effect 2, DOA: Awakening and Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising. Luckily, all 3 are released Q1.
Turtlecream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Turtlecream

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="Turtlecream"]

OoSuperMarioO

Blizzard shared a bit of depth at the latest Blizzcon and what really had an lasting impression for excitement was the Guild Leveling System and Rated Battleground system.

The GLS can really encourage a great deal of loyalty between players within guilds, in addition new features like a talent tree for your guilds is going to be absolutly marvelous. Here's a good read:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Guild_advancement

Players like me have been anticipating Blizzard to support Battlegrounds for ages and I'm delighted that Blizzard listened to the community. Rated battlegrounds can re-establish premade teams to compete within Battlegrounds once again. Premade battleground play is too satisfying.

Probably the primary thing I despise about World of Warcraft is simply how it is being updated. The new dungeon finder system in addition to the new heroics are quite neat indeed, but every patch between that and the release of the Isle of Quel'Danas has been fairly depressing.

The most fun I have ever had in the World of Warcraft was pre-Burning Crusade because there was constantly PvP between players from my own server within the battlegrounds and the actual gameworld. That aspect of the game was so important because reputations were constantly at stake and because it gave more reason to become a better player and to be in a strong and cooperative guild.

Other than that, constant PvP amongst the server simply makes it so that there is more to do that simply chill in a sanctuary and queue for arenas, battlegrounds and now even dungeons. Other than to provide a leveling place, the feature that Blizzard uses as a crutch to attract additional subscribers, the vast and seamless gameworld, is completely void and serves absolutely no purpose.

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts

Starcraft 2 (i wish)

Mass Effect 2 (OMG!?)

The Witcher?

Wow Expansion

Shadowhawk000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Shadowhawk000
Member since 2007 • 3453 Posts
1)Battlefield Bad Company 2 2)Napoleon:Total war 3)Supreme Commander 2 4)Dragon Age:Awakening
OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 OoSuperMarioO

[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

Turtlecream

Probably the primary thing I despise about World of Warcraft is simply how it is being updated. The new dungeon finder system in addition to the new heroics are quite neat indeed, but every patch between that and the release of the Isle of Quel'Danas has been fairly depressing.

The most fun I have ever had in the World of Warcraft was pre-Burning Crusade because there was constantly PvP between players from my own server within the battlegrounds and the actual gameworld. That aspect of the game was so important because reputations were constantly at stake and because it gave more reason to become a better player and to be in a strong and cooperative guild.

Other than that, constant PvP amongst the server simply makes it so that there is more to do that simply chill in a sanctuary and queue for arenas, battlegrounds and now even dungeons. Other than to provide a leveling place, the feature that Blizzard uses as a crutch to attract additional subscribers, the vast and seamless gameworld, is completely void and serves absolutely no purpose.

Yea, that aspect of community has lessen dramatically from my playthroughs. Overall, cross-realm play did help servers for consistent battlegrounds and prepared itself for the Arena system in BC. Blizzard has contributed with zones such as Wintergrasp, however we need more contributions to support server PvP.

My biggest gripe with WoW currently is the direction in which Blizzard feels the game need to be, between casuals and hardcore players, which essentially tarnishes pre content progression and dedication, resulting in me to personally say "What's the point in even playing?". Certainly, I understand this makes it easier for guilds to attain apps, but it works like a double edge sword for me with WoW. In addition, gated progression, I'm hoping Blizzard will not continue this into Cataclysm, I find it really insulting when you are asking me to pay a monthly fee on limited content to artificially extend the game.

Nevertheless, I still have great anticipations, and Blizzard has always awed me with every new expansion; they indeed have some of the smartest people in that company.

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

Starcraft II.

I currently like more the DoW 1 gameplay mechanics, but the game lacks in balance, and Starcraft, helped by the small amount of factions, nail the competitive gameplay.

I still I'm looking more for Crysis 2, Bad Company 2, and in the long term Diablo III and Battlefield 3 (both towards 2011), because i like more fps, but to be honest with myself Starcraft II will be the most awesome game of the year, doesn't matter my preferences.

RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#37 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts

BFBC2, mass effect 2, and dragon age awakening.

fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 fudgeblood
Member since 2008 • 3165 Posts

[QUOTE="longtonguecat"]

dakan45

yeah, 12 years ago ;)...judging by the changes gamedevelopers have done to their own games and how much ideas and gameplay quality has fallen since then, i dont think it will be wise to expect something equally awesome!!

Oh, that explains why Starcraft is still one of the most popular RTS's today, and is one of the most competitive RTS's.

Anyway, I'm excited for: ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead, Starcraft 2, Bad Company 2, Mass Effect 2 and a Mafia 2. (So many sequels!)

Mage_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 Mage_7
Member since 2007 • 1065 Posts

Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age: Awakening, Starcraft II, Torchlight MP, and Super Street Fighter IV.

Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age have basically made my whole perspective on gaming much much better. I love the games and I adore the fact that the characters and the world within these two have such rich personality. While games like Oblivion opened the door for me to great gaming, Dragon age pulled me in to the Party within.

Starcraft II is a must for me. I used to love 3 hour matches on the original on Custom maps and i hope that this game still has that same level of customizability.

Torchlight is very fun game by myself, but imagine playing it with a group of peeps? talk about some good times. and it has a level editor! complete your friend's dungeons!

SSFIV is a given. I have it for 360, but since its coming out on PC also, see no point in leaving it out. So much balancing and new characters coming that it is hard to care about the price tag of it.($40 USD) Bonus Stages, so far 4 new characters, new 3rd costumes for all characters, Rival Startings, All new Ultras. It is the greatest fighting game around, and it just keeps getting better.

Aslyum_Beast

Well a torchlight multiplayer mod is to come soon but the real mmo torchlight is not for another 14-18 months. Anyway im looking forward to BFBC2,ME 2, AC 2, and Dragon Age: Awakening

Murd3r3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Murd3r3r
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts

JUST MASS EFFECT 2 cuz its amazing to play az sheperd again and solve a universal crisis ... ;)

Diablo 3 cuz it's the best RPG series ever made :D

Command and Conquer 4 ............I just like the series

GTA episodes from liberty city .... it's abvious why !

fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 fudgeblood
Member since 2008 • 3165 Posts

Diablo 3 cuz it's the best RPG series ever made :D

Murd3r3r

Diablo 3 isn't coming out this year. :(

lucfonzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lucfonzy
Member since 2008 • 1835 Posts

Assassins Creed 2!

I feel entirely let down by Ubisoft yet again but still, this game is going to be awesome.

Alot of my mates have it for their consoles and I've made sure i hear no details or see any gameplay from them, i want to keep it all fresh.

Also BFBC2 looks like it could be amazing. those are my two top games for the start of this year!

Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#43 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts

I don't know, there just isn't any sure fire winners coming out this year to be excited about. There are plenty that I am interested in checking out.

Alpha Protocol

Crysis 2

Deus Ex 3

Metro 2033

Medal of Honor

Rage

STALKER:Call of Pripyat

Splinter Cell: Conviction

Expo_Smacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#44 Expo_Smacko
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
For the 360? Mass Effect. Pc? Starcraft 2, SWTOR, and Guild Wars 2. If the last 2 get released this year.
Lithos_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 Lithos_
Member since 2008 • 1017 Posts

I'm playing Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, the last one for me to complete the series. I'm eager to play the next chapter (Conviction), because it is a drastic change of pace: I can't wait to act "in the other side of the field", so to speak.

The other one is Rage. The team behind it alone talks volumes for the quality to be expected: and the premises and features as I read in the previews are 110% "wow factor".

jpph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 jpph
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts

Mafia 2

It's all I want this year.

pinneyapple

this, im so so so psyched for it.

arto1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 arto1223
Member since 2005 • 4412 Posts

If there is any chance in it comming out this year... Diablo III. But since that will likely not happen, I guess I'll go with Mass Effect 2, on PC of coarse...

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2454 Posts
I hope Rage comes out this year. I expect it will be what Borderlands should/could have been.
shaneras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 shaneras
Member since 2003 • 1346 Posts

Mass Effect 2: I loved the original.

Dragon Age: Awakening: Same as above.

The Witcher 2: The first one is my favorite game ever, so its kind of a no-brainer.

Splinter Cell: Conviction: Looks very fun, and hopefully the story will also fulfill.

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Mafia 2

and Metro 2033

jpph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50 jpph
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts

Mass Effect 2: I loved the original.

Dragon Age: Awakening: Same as above.

The Witcher 2: The first one is my favorite game ever, so its kind of a no-brainer.

Splinter Cell: Conviction: Looks very fun, and hopefully the story will also fulfill.

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Mafia 2

and Metro 2033

shaneras

ditto about witcher, but what makes you think it will come out in 2010? i personally doubt it