SW: The Old Republic GAMEPLAY !!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
[QUOTE="ekultus"]

looks just as boring as any other mmo

FelipeInside
Not an MMO Fan I gather...?

I think people are just saying that to get a rise out of others. I for one am no fan of them, but I am super excited for this.
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#52 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="ekultus"]

looks just as boring as any other mmo

millerlight89
Not an MMO Fan I gather...?

I think people are just saying that to get a rise out of others. I for one am no fan of them, but I am super excited for this.

I am not to excited on this. Maybe I've grown out of mmo's but this seems to fall back to that status quo generic MMO but skinned in a star wars universe. I probably would have played this some years ago but this seems to much cut paste and dejavu to me. I'll completely hold off judgment but as a mmo player since Dark age of Camelot through the WOws, lord of the rings, free mmo's etc etc, i'm not getting a good feeling on the game.
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#53 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

I just hope they do like SWG and allow player guilds to create citys on planets. And have our own merchants selling our wares again :P I loved roaming arround on planets on my speeder looking for the best deals arround while being hunted by bounty hunters :D Was one of the first to finish up my holocrons and become a jedi :)

SWG felt huge because everyone in the community played it's part. Smugglers creating spices and slicing/hacking weapons to make them more powerful. Merchants, architects... I hope they bring in some stuff like this. It made the game for me. Not to mention the fun guild vs guild city invasions >:D

Prexxus
To be honest, I don't think that's going to happen. They've already shown off the spacecraft that acts as your 'home.' I really doubt there will be another game with SWG's community and player influence. It makes me sad, but at least it keeps me from playing MMOs in general. Play the best and you can't really play anything else.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
WoW in space? Pass. If I want to play WoW, I'll play WoW.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
WoW in space? Pass. If I want to play WoW, I'll play WoW.KHAndAnime
But..It's in space!
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]WoW in space? Pass. If I want to play WoW, I'll play WoW.Treflis
But..It's in space!

I like space :). But it'll take more than dated gameplay and graphics to pull me into an MMO.
Avatar image for spiderman120988
spiderman120988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#57 spiderman120988
Member since 2005 • 1421 Posts
Really excited for this game, if anybody can get me to finally play an MMO, it's BioWare. And Sony cause they got DC Universe Online. Too many fantasy MMOs out there.
Xian83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Xian83
Member since 2010 • 75 Posts

I saw this footagea few days ago, looks like the game is really shaping up. As some other folks have pointed out you have to remember they mentioned it was a low level mission - compare that to some of the first quests on WoW and I think it will measure up nicely.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
It's an mmo alright. Have someone tank, while someone attacks from range, while someone heals. It at least looks more exciting than your typical MMO. Story will be everything in this game to me. If it's just a bunch of random go here and collect droid parts missions, I'll pass.
Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#60 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts
Considering it was a low level mission, I guess it's okay. Way better than the low level WoW quests.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#61 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
[QUOTE="LTZH"]At first glance of the GP demo, it doesn't look very impressive. However, this was a level 10 mission (speculated cap is 50). What other quest do other MMOs have you doing around that level? Killing wolves for pelts? Also notice the dialogue, this will be the first MMO fully voiced. Each class will have 200 unique hours of story, and each class has two advanced classes. For example, a Trooper can specialize as a tank or DPS, or a Jedi can specialize as a tank or dps. An Imperial Agent can specialize as a crowd-control/support and a dps...and so on (not all specializations have been confirmed). The point is, the trinity system will be more complex than what we're used to. Anyway, the fact that it's Bioware and Star Wars guarantees this game will have one of the biggest launches in MMO history, the question is can they keep players going after the story is over.

EQ2 is fully voiced as well, so it's not a first. There are a whole bunch of MMO's that had you doing more interesting stuff at level 10. Age of Conan, EQ II (you had the citizenship quests to prove your allegiance to the city), Anarchy Online had interesting quests by that time... Tabula Rasa, Planetside... This video was pretty underwhelming for me. I'm not sure what I expected, but I did expect something different from the standard class formula and aggro system that have embedded themselves in most MMO's. I figured, if anyone can make a unique MMO experience it's Bioware. But that doesn't appear to be the case. I get the feeling this game is shaping up to be more of a co-op KotoR with the "massive" being hub cities before you do your (instanced) quests, with the same formula of tank/healer/dps for your encounters. I'm sure there are plenty of other ways they could've done it.
MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts
[QUOTE="MyopicCanadian"] This video was pretty underwhelming for me. I'm not sure what I expected, but I did expect something different from the standard class formula and aggro system that have embedded themselves in most MMO's. I figured, if anyone can make a unique MMO experience it's Bioware. But that doesn't appear to be the case.

+pvp
Avatar image for Roland123_basic
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 Roland123_basic
Member since 2002 • 3841 Posts

[QUOTE="TerrorRizzing"]

[QUOTE="Birdy09"] .... but there are alot of FPS that are alike.... and they get bashed for it? [QUOTE="Roland123_basic"][QUOTE="Birdy09"]Its.... WoW re-skinned. nice music score, decent voice acting. I keep saying it, as an MMO its BLEH, but its star wars, so Il be interested anyway. as a game, no credible "WHOANESS" yet... if ever.Birdy09

it is NOT wow reskinned.... when was the last time you saw wow have party cutscenes.... or a real story.... or NPC companions that can help with quests.... this game is nothing like WOW besides being an MMO. stop spreading your uninformed drivel.

Im sorry mate, I looked at that fight and saw WoW, what more do you want me to say? IT looks and plays heavily like WoW. what it does with story and characters inbetween is its unique niche I dont disagree, but the combat looks as basic and drab as every WoW clone out there. Like the other more realistic people have said, what the hell is "Whoa" about this footage?

so lightsabers and laserbeams are WOW... ooooooook. being able to hide behind cover is like wow..... ooooooook. having interactive dialogue cutscenes is like wow....ooooooook. having character classes that branch out into elite classes is like wow.... oooook.

there are just so many problems with you saying the game looks and plays like wow... it just blows my mind. you havent played it, so you have no idea how it plays. watching a video does not make you an expert on the gameplay.... it just doesnt.

Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Roland123_basic
[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

[QUOTE="Swiftstrike5"] You aren't a Jedi unless you have a lightsaber. It'd be interesting if you started off with a generic character and had to do a class quest to become whatever you wanted.Birdy09

Building/constructing one's lightsaber is one of the trials to become a jedi, it happends up to 3 times, 1 for padawan, 1 for knight, and 1 more for master. It is also part of rite and ritual.

It maybe the starter quest, and then level milestone quests. But this makes me wonder, how are you going to make interesting looking weapons for Jedi's? theyre just straight beams...

different colors, different hilts, different crystals, dual sabers, staff sabers, tonfa sabers..... do you know anything about star wars at all?
StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 StopThePresses
Member since 2010 • 2767 Posts

Someone at some Bioware meeting years ago: "I have this great idea. Everyone wants a new KOTOR, right? Well, what if we made that but made everything take longer and put it online so we could charge people a subscription fee for it? Wouldn't that be hilarious? Of course we'll have to have optional co-op just so it at least looks like we're making some token amount of effort at actually making it a massively multiplayer game. Hey, we could put roadkill in a bag and it would sell as long as the bag had a 'deep' story and dialog trees. Add in the Star War license and we can't possibly lose. Who's with me?"

ghegpatatas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ghegpatatas
Member since 2010 • 611 Posts

im torn apart with the comments above me..T_T hmm..

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
[QUOTE="jedikevin2"][QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Not an MMO Fan I gather...?

I am not to excited on this. Maybe I've grown out of mmo's but this seems to fall back to that status quo generic MMO but skinned in a star wars universe. I probably would have played this some years ago but this seems to much cut paste and dejavu to me. I'll completely hold off judgment but as a mmo player since Dark age of Camelot through the WOws, lord of the rings, free mmo's etc etc, i'm not getting a good feeling on the game.

Generic MMO? It's the first MMO to bring FULL voice dialogue as well as concentrate on STORY rather than grind, leveling, PvP etc...
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
Dear sweet Jesus, watching that gameplay makes me weep for what could have been an amazing Star Wars KOTOR RPG that instead turned into WoW-combat-in-space. I can't believe people would play this crap, let alone get excited about it. KOTOR 1 and 2 gameplay looked more interesting than this...
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 FelipeInside
Dear sweet Jesus, watching that gameplay makes me weep for what could have been an amazing Star Wars KOTOR RPG that instead turned into WoW-combat-in-space. I can't believe people would play this crap, let alone get excited about it. KOTOR 1 and 2 gameplay looked more interesting than this...F1_2004
But your skipping all the great story and dialogue that will come with it... don't concentrate only on graphics...
StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 StopThePresses
Member since 2010 • 2767 Posts

[QUOTE="F1_2004"]Dear sweet Jesus, watching that gameplay makes me weep for what could have been an amazing Star Wars KOTOR RPG that instead turned into WoW-combat-in-space. I can't believe people would play this crap, let alone get excited about it. KOTOR 1 and 2 gameplay looked more interesting than this...FelipeInside
But your skipping all the great story and dialogue that will come with it...

I wish that was sarcasm, but judging from your earlier post, it isn't.

I wonder at what exact moment in time people started deciding those are the only things that matter in a RPG...especially a massively multiplayer one...

SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#71 SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
wow this looks so generic and lame. come on this is bioware we are talking about.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
You people must be very intelligent to conclude that a game with more than thousand of hours worth of game-play is gonna suck based of two minutes. I salute you.
DaRockWilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 DaRockWilder
Member since 2002 • 5451 Posts
I just wish SOE would bring the old Star Wars Galaxies back :( before they messed it all up.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

How exactly is that footage impressive? How does it make people get this game from day 1? It looks just like any other mmorpg out there. If it had an ounce of innovation I would consider getting it, but so far it's looking exactly like the other generic mmo garbage.

BDK-Soft
Its Star Wars.
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="TerrorRizzing"]

Building/constructing one's lightsaber is one of the trials to become a jedi, it happends up to 3 times, 1 for padawan, 1 for knight, and 1 more for master. It is also part of rite and ritual.

Roland123_basic
It maybe the starter quest, and then level milestone quests. But this makes me wonder, how are you going to make interesting looking weapons for Jedi's? theyre just straight beams...

different colors, different hilts, different crystals, dual sabers, staff sabers, tonfa sabers..... do you know anything about star wars at all?

Yes I do Mr Defensive Fanboy which is why Im wondering how the hell they are going to make interesting weapons for Jedis to obtain? Different colour beams? generic typical Dual / 2 Sided Sabers? zomg hilts that you can barely see because the crap artstyle that encourages zoomed out play like WoW and all its clones. yet another resemblance.
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Birdy09

[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="TerrorRizzing"] it is NOT wow reskinned.... when was the last time you saw wow have party cutscenes.... or a real story.... or NPC companions that can help with quests.... this game is nothing like WOW besides being an MMO. stop spreading your uninformed drivel.Roland123_basic

Im sorry mate, I looked at that fight and saw WoW, what more do you want me to say? IT looks and plays heavily like WoW. what it does with story and characters inbetween is its unique niche I dont disagree, but the combat looks as basic and drab as every WoW clone out there. Like the other more realistic people have said, what the hell is "Whoa" about this footage?

so lightsabers and laserbeams are WOW... ooooooook. being able to hide behind cover is like wow..... ooooooook. having interactive dialogue cutscenes is like wow....ooooooook. having character classes that branch out into elite classes is like wow.... oooook.

there are just so many problems with you saying the game looks and plays like wow... it just blows my mind. you havent played it, so you have no idea how it plays. watching a video does not make you an expert on the gameplay.... it just doesnt.

Are you this blinded by hype that you dont take a look past the skins and models to see what it is? thats your own problem not mine. I could say the same thing about Allods, doesnt stop it being nearly identical to World of Warcraft at the core, like this. being able to hide behind cover? well over than line of site no... but all this screams is PvP inblance in favour of classes like Jedis... but then bioware are excellent at balance right? :roll: If it blows your mind then take off the goggles "you havnt played it" oh please..... talk about a desperate response.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
I don't get it. This is what KOTOR 3 would have been like, only with A.I controlled teammates and better graphics.
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Birdy09

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="F1_2004"]Dear sweet Jesus, watching that gameplay makes me weep for what could have been an amazing Star Wars KOTOR RPG that instead turned into WoW-combat-in-space. I can't believe people would play this crap, let alone get excited about it. KOTOR 1 and 2 gameplay looked more interesting than this...StopThePresses

I wonder at what exact moment in time people started deciding those are the only things that matter in a RPG...especially a massively multiplayer one...

I dont know either, I think its because PC Gamers are not getting Single Player RPGs focused on D&D anymore, and that they cant accept that most of us want MMOs to be about player interaction and gameplay. meanwhile those book reading wannabes just want to play an interactive story book because they cant be bothered to read or something... I dont know. Fact of the matter is, for a 2010 game, theyre trying nothing new in the gameplay department, and its closer to WoW than hell... games like Aion. but dont worry guys, if you want a deep community based RPG... just play this. it has teh amazing lawrs!
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 JangoWuzHere

You people must be very intelligent to conclude that a game with more than thousand of hours worth of game-play is gonna suck based of two minutes. I salute you.GeneralShowzer

Obviously the people bashing on it weren't expecting MMO gameplay.

People also need to be reminded that WoW is currently the supreme standard for MMO games. Its best to follow a formula that the majority like... instead of catering to just the hardcore crowd.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 JangoWuzHere

[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"]

[QUOTE="Birdy09"] It maybe the starter quest, and then level milestone quests. But this makes me wonder, how are you going to make interesting looking weapons for Jedi's? theyre just straight beams...Birdy09

Yes I do Mr Defensive Fanboy which is why Im wondering how the hell they are going to make interesting weapons for Jedis to obtain? Different colour beams? generic typical Dual / 2 Sided Sabers? zomg hilts that you can barely see because the crap artstyle that encourages zoomed out play like WoW and all its clones. yet another resemblance.

I don't think you get Star Wars. If you want more variety of weapons then go play a different MMO. People wanting to play Sith or jedi want to fight with LIGHTSABERS. Of course I'm sure the lightsaber you have can be customized to your liking to give your own personality....

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Birdy09

[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="Roland123_basic"] different colors, different hilts, different crystals, dual sabers, staff sabers, tonfa sabers..... do you know anything about star wars at all?JangoWuzHere

I don't think you get Star Wars. If you want more variety of weapons then go play a different MMO. People wanting to play Sith or jedi want to fight with LIGHTSABERS. Of course I'm sure the lightsaber you have can be customized to your liking to give your own personality....

Oh I get Star Wars, but since Vibroblades are pretty much identical to them in terms of mechanics, im just once again thinking ... "how are they going to add variety to this game's weapons" ... but then you hid behind the story excuse again... and I see less and less potential with every little reply. and then ofcourse the WoW Forumlar excuse. which is usually critisized by PC gamers for shooters but now MMOs are exempt from being deep all of a sudden? thats exactly why most MMO enthusiasts are bored of this kind of thing. I think people are desperatly trying to see something amazing out of nothing, thats brand and hype I guess.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 JangoWuzHere
[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

[QUOTE="Birdy09"] Yes I do Mr Defensive Fanboy which is why Im wondering how the hell they are going to make interesting weapons for Jedis to obtain? Different colour beams? generic typical Dual / 2 Sided Sabers? zomg hilts that you can barely see because the crap artstyle that encourages zoomed out play like WoW and all its clones. yet another resemblance.Birdy09

Oh I get Star Wars, but since Vibroblades are pretty much identical to them in terms of mechanics, im just once again thinking ... "how are they going to add variety to this game's weapons" ... but then you hid behind the story excuse again... and I see less and less potential with every little reply. and then ofcourse the WoW Forumlar excuse. which is usually critisized by PC gamers for shooters but now MMOs are exempt from being deep all of a sudden? thats exactly why most MMO enthusiasts are bored of this kind of thing. I think people are desperatly trying to see something amazing out of nothing, thats brand and hype I guess.

I think it looks great because its Star Wars and its developed by Bioware. I'm not going to try and find faults or try and argue with you. Your opinion seems pretty set.
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Birdy09

[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

JangoWuzHere

I think it looks great because its Star Wars and its developed by Bioware. I'm not going to try and find faults or try and argue with you. Your opinion seems pretty set.

Thats fair enough, but I just cant be that brand loyal when it comes to this genre, seeing how many failures with decent settings and backings there has been, this doesnt seem to be an exception so far. Its a year off, but theyre already marketing and hyping like crazy... within nothing really that interesting... just a WoW Clone with heavy story focus. Star Wars Galaxies direction was much more interesting and ambitious than this.

I predict Guild Wars 2 and Final Fantasy XIV will be overall better MMOs, im willing to be quoted on that for ownage aswell. I'm just that confident that yet again a casual obsessed game is being hyped over 2 real gems.

LTZH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#84 LTZH
Member since 2003 • 2704 Posts

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"][QUOTE="Birdy09"] Oh I get Star Wars, but since Vibroblades are pretty much identical to them in terms of mechanics, im just once again thinking ... "how are they going to add variety to this game's weapons" ... but then you hid behind the story excuse again... and I see less and less potential with every little reply. and then ofcourse the WoW Forumlar excuse. which is usually critisized by PC gamers for shooters but now MMOs are exempt from being deep all of a sudden? thats exactly why most MMO enthusiasts are bored of this kind of thing. I think people are desperatly trying to see something amazing out of nothing, thats brand and hype I guess.Birdy09

Thats fair enough, but I just cant be that brand loyal when it comes to this genre, seeing how many failures with decent settings and backings there has been, this doesnt seem to be an exception so far. Its a year off, but theyre already marketing and hyping like crazy... within nothing really that interesting... just a WoW Clone with heavy story focus. Star Wars Galaxies direction was much more interesting and ambitious than this.

I predict Guild Wars 2 and Final Fantasy XIV will be overall better MMOs, im willing to be quoted on that for ownage aswell. I'm just that confident that yet again a casual obsessed game is being hyped over 2 real gems.

They're hyping it like crazy? They've hardly released any info about it. When it comes down to it, we hardly know anything about the game.
dinuattila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 dinuattila
Member since 2005 • 1355 Posts

The game looks nice! I am so buying this once it's out.

One thing, though, that I do find a bit weird is that the troopers are the main tanks in the game.

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts

The game looks nice! I am so buying this once it's out.

One thing, though, that I do find a bit weird is that the troopers are the main tanks in the game.

dinuattila

They are the ranged tank... Jedi knight's arch class have a melee tank spec

Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Roland123_basic
[QUOTE="Roland123_basic"]

[QUOTE="Birdy09"] Im sorry mate, I looked at that fight and saw WoW, what more do you want me to say? IT looks and plays heavily like WoW. what it does with story and characters inbetween is its unique niche I dont disagree, but the combat looks as basic and drab as every WoW clone out there. Like the other more realistic people have said, what the hell is "Whoa" about this footage?Birdy09

Are you this blinded by hype that you dont take a look past the skins and models to see what it is? thats your own problem not mine. I could say the same thing about Allods, doesnt stop it being nearly identical to World of Warcraft at the core, like this. being able to hide behind cover? well over than line of site no... but all this screams is PvP inblance in favour of classes like Jedis... but then bioware are excellent at balance right? :roll: If it blows your mind then take off the goggles "you havnt played it" oh please..... talk about a desperate response.

uh.... there is a real cover system built into the game... watch some videos. so basically what you are saying is, other than the game having completely different core mechanics than WOW, it looks like WOW..... does anyone else see the problem with this? how would you know if bioware is good at balance or not? they have never made an MMO before, and balancing in single player games is VERY DIFFERENT. you havent played the game, you have no idea what the game is like or not like.... all you have is a 5minute video that does a very poor job of showing off the game. someone is jumping to conclusions i think....
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Roland123_basic

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"][QUOTE="Birdy09"] Oh I get Star Wars, but since Vibroblades are pretty much identical to them in terms of mechanics, im just once again thinking ... "how are they going to add variety to this game's weapons" ... but then you hid behind the story excuse again... and I see less and less potential with every little reply. and then ofcourse the WoW Forumlar excuse. which is usually critisized by PC gamers for shooters but now MMOs are exempt from being deep all of a sudden? thats exactly why most MMO enthusiasts are bored of this kind of thing. I think people are desperatly trying to see something amazing out of nothing, thats brand and hype I guess.Birdy09

you are hyping FF14 over SWTOR??? are you being **** serious? FF11 was less than spectacular considering the mind numbing grind and absolute reliance on party play. after about lvl 30 or so you could not do anything..... at all.... without a party. add the fact that every party needed a white mage and they were almost none existant and the game becomes futile.

FF14 looks to repeat the same mistakes FF11 had. and im basing my opinion on the few videos i have seen of the game.... AND my experience with FF11, which goes a hell of a lot further than you just **** about a 5min video that barely shows anything....

haberman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 haberman13
Member since 2003 • 2414 Posts

[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

Roland123_basic

or you have no idea what you are talking about and he is absolutely right... star wars fans dont want UBER LEET EPIC LIGHTSABER +12 OF DARK SITHNESS weapons in their game.... they want lightsabers and laser pistols and epic adventures.....

star wars is about story and adventure, not EPIC LEWTZ.... get it through your **** brain. all you are doing is hating on a game you know almost nothing about.

I'm a SW fan, i'm a loot fan ...

Both can work together quite well actually, look at the KOTOR games for reference.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
Video looked ok I guess...looked like pretty standard MMO stuff to be honest.
coreybg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 coreybg
Member since 2009 • 2608 Posts

What I've noticed here is the most people who post the "wow clone" type of post, judge the game by only this one video.

Ever heard of a game website?Aricles?Forum?

Well get some info before you start arguing.

xXDrPainXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 xXDrPainXx
Member since 2008 • 4001 Posts

[QUOTE="Prexxus"]

I just hope they do like SWG and allow player guilds to create citys on planets. And have our own merchants selling our wares again :P I loved roaming arround on planets on my speeder looking for the best deals arround while being hunted by bounty hunters :D Was one of the first to finish up my holocrons and become a jedi :)

SWG felt huge because everyone in the community played it's part. Smugglers creating spices and slicing/hacking weapons to make them more powerful. Merchants, architects... I hope they bring in some stuff like this. It made the game for me. Not to mention the fun guild vs guild city invasions >:D

Swiftstrike5

To be honest, I don't think that's going to happen. They've already shown off the spacecraft that acts as your 'home.' I really doubt there will be another game with SWG's community and player influence. It makes me sad, but at least it keeps me from playing MMOs in general. Play the best and you can't really play anything else.

Nothing will ever come close to touching what Galaxies once had in terms of a player community, the player cities, the crafting, the whole economy and social experience, not instances (then) everything was in real time and the whole game was engaging whether you just PvP'ed or PvE'ed it didn't matter because you apart of something as a whole.

Even though the NGE ruined the experience that most enjoyed it is still a heavy community driven game with things to do, crafting is still there, community is still there and the social experience is still there. You are right saying it was the best and to me it still is and nothing will ever come close to the experience that Galaxies gave us. This game isn't going to be close at all and I'm with some others here saying this does like just like all the others only in Star Wars form.

The UI looked like WoW and even the character classes have been done at least with NGE Galaxies you still give more choices and customization options outside of armor color and guns. I have a feeling this game is riding the hype train and when people actually get their hands on it I'm afraid a lot of people are going to be disappointed and let down.

I'll probably pick the game up and ride the 30 days free and maybe an extra month but I don't think it is going to be as engaging as Pre-NGE Galaxies which I guess spoiled us who played it during the glory days.

MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts

Birdy09

Seeing your hours of WoW do you raid?

Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Mystic-G
Member since 2006 • 6462 Posts

Let's be honest with ourselves for a second here. The only thing wow'ing (no pun intended) about this MMO is the voice acting, that's all. It does nothing interesting aside from being Star Wars.

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#96 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5468 Posts

I'm soooooo pre-ordering this...

LINK

FelipeInside

Ok WUT it looks like any other MMORPG boring and Generic. Not good but no doubt will sell by the Billion due to the licence.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Birdy09

[QUOTE="Birdy09"]

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"] I think it looks great because its Star Wars and its developed by Bioware. I'm not going to try and find faults or try and argue with you. Your opinion seems pretty set.Roland123_basic

you are hyping FF14 over SWTOR??? are you being **** serious? FF11 was less than spectacular considering the mind numbing grind and absolute reliance on party play. after about lvl 30 or so you could not do anything..... at all.... without a party. add the fact that every party needed a white mage and they were almost none existant and the game becomes futile.

FF14 looks to repeat the same mistakes FF11 had. and im basing my opinion on the few videos i have seen of the game.... AND my experience with FF11, which goes a hell of a lot further than you just **** about a 5min video that barely shows anything....

Bolded for pure lack of any kind of knowledge of another game, very hypocritical, nice job. The very fact that you are complaining about a multiplayer game having heavy heavy enphasis on party play just shows that this genre isnt for you beyond world of warcraft and this equally as single player orientated experiance.

But to the point, you've just done what you claimed I'm doing. Ofcourse TOR will have different mechanics to a certain degree, different numbers, different abilities.... but my god man LOOK AT IT, its incredible unfluenced nearly to the defree games like allods are, its not even trying to set itself apart, its falling back on Bioware's story telling niche and the star wars brand.

howlrunner13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 howlrunner13
Member since 2005 • 4408 Posts

I am honestly not seeing what everyone is so excited about. It looks very "bleh".

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Birdy09

[QUOTE="Birdy09"]

Roland

or you have no idea what you are talking about and he is absolutely right... star wars fans dont want UBER LEET EPIC LIGHTSABER +12 OF DARK SITHNESS weapons in their game.... they want lightsabers and laser pistols and epic adventures.....

star wars is about story and adventure, not EPIC LEWTZ.... get it through your **** brain. all you are doing is hating on a game you know almost nothing about.

I'm laughing so hard because this gets better and better, so now its about the adventure? I thought it was about the story... or is that the adventure? it has to be. because everything else is scripted and instanced to the point where there is no adventure, just like most theme park MMO's ... and WoW clones that have small landscapes where every little inch has a guidelined quest to go there. Sorry, your just making it seem more and more likely that this MMO will have no staying power. and are just hiding behind the Star Wars label to justify it. Good luck with that :S

@ Lion, 900 hours isnt accurate, my xfire wasnt used alot til 2008, in which it was coming towards the end of my interest in WoW, played since release, so yes I have raided constantly.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="F1_2004"]Dear sweet Jesus, watching that gameplay makes me weep for what could have been an amazing Star Wars KOTOR RPG that instead turned into WoW-combat-in-space. I can't believe people would play this crap, let alone get excited about it. KOTOR 1 and 2 gameplay looked more interesting than this...StopThePresses

No...it's just that I am giving it a chance, since BioWare has NEVER let me down before....instead of just watching a few videos of gameplay and deciding that the whole thing is GENERIC and WoW RESKINNED...