Steam: Love it or Hate it? Why?

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

beau_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 beau_x
Member since 2009 • 180 Posts

I don't mind it, but I know some people don't like it. Just looking to see which way the wind blows here on GS.

Groyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Groyd
Member since 2006 • 63 Posts

There's nothing wrong with steam. :O

Can't really see why some people do not like steam.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Like it, it has a great suite of tools at your disposal, games you bought can not get lost, automatically updates teh game, still allows mods, can install them on any pc I wish, really cheap games (compared to what hey cost where I live), impossibly good deals.

but as I said it is not perfect, somtime a glitch willoccur, there were some instability after they switched to the new ui with the community part.

But I can live with it.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Love: Ease of use, store, sales, steam cloud game intergration and community features. Hate: No proper integration of non-steam games, which is absolutely pathetic considering X-Fire has been around for so long, and lacking features (something X-Fire still beats steam in). That and logging in offline mode with no connection tbh; better than it used to be admittedly.
BDK-Soft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BDK-Soft
Member since 2009 • 795 Posts
Hate it, especially the new version. - Ripoff prices. - Slow download speed. - Has to run in the background when you want to play a game. Every single time. That's crazy DRM. - Resource hog. - Connection issues. Stop chewing on the server cables Gabe! - Ugly bloated interface full of useless stuff and gradients. - No search function anymore. A basic page search .. Nope. + No disc required play. + Keeps games up-to-date automatically (this can be a pain in the rear though). + VAC
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Love it, because:

1) Fast and easy access to all my games

2) Accessible on any PC

3) Cloud

4) Insane prices (positive not negative because there are also insane as in bad prices :P)

5) Easy access to some of the best Source mods (works for now but no doubt the MODDB platform -forgot the name- will be far better)

x) Achievement support

Hate it, especially the new version.

- Ripoff prices.
- Slow download speed.
- Has to run in the background when you want to play a game. Every single time. That's crazy DRM.
- Resource hog.
- Connection issues. Stop chewing on the server cables Gabe!
- Ugly bloated interface full of useless stuff and gradients.

You obviously are not the only one among millions of users, that's why some of them created simple, clas$ical skins.
- No search function anymore. A basic page search .. Nope.

Huh? the search feature is even more advanced than before and it actually works, sounds like you didn't even use it.

+ No disc required play.
+ Keeps games up-to-date automatically (this can be a pain in the rear though).
+ VACBDK-Soft

The rest is either subjective or are cause by problems on your end.

incredible_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 incredible_one
Member since 2005 • 465 Posts

I love it personally:

-It keeps all of my games in one spot.
-I can install them onto any computer without needing the CD's and CD keys.
-Automatic patching and fast downloads.
-A lot of of sales and great deals in the store that are hard to find anywhere else.
-Integrated social community while in-game.
-Crazy amount of free source mods.
-Steam hardware survey results are fun to look at :D

The only downside to it is that once you activate a game on steam you can't sell it back (EBgames for example). But hey, it's a small price to pay :P

ampiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 ampiva
Member since 2010 • 1251 Posts
Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate steam since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for steam at this micro-instant. Hate. Hate.
incredible_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 incredible_one
Member since 2005 • 465 Posts

Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate steam since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for steam at this micro-instant. Hate. Hate. ampiva

Why the hate?

Avatar image for WorldComingDown
WorldComingDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WorldComingDown
Member since 2010 • 358 Posts

I freaking love steam! No better way of putting it.

I love the massive amount of games available on steam at awesome prices too. The summer and christmas sales are ridiculously good, not to mention the weekly sales which offer many amazing games a lot of the time.

I love having all of my favourite games listed out for me as soon as I open my games library and in an instant I can easily start up any game I want. No need to go hunting for my lost cd's and changing them constantly.It's easy to use and it's great seeing all the latest news on all of my games as well as all the play data. Hours played, the last time you played, etc. It's great seeing all the games your steam friends have also recently played and purchased. Gives you an idea of others good games you may not know of.

The steam community page is also fantastic and steam chat is accessible right away and also features mic support.

I could go on but I wont. :)

shaneras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 shaneras
Member since 2003 • 1346 Posts

I love Steam. I love its sales, the community page, and keeping all of my games in one place. But I do agree, I wish that it did a better job of integrating non-Steam games.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
My biggest complaint with Steam: My husband and I can't share one copy of a game bought there, unless one of us plays it in offline mode. With a retail copy of a game we can install it on two different computers and I can play on mine and he can play on his with no fuss or hassle. If we both want play the same game, and that game is purchased from Steam, we either need to buy two copies, or we need to actually co-ordinate when we update and patch it, and make sure that we never try to go online with the game while the other is playing it. I'm sure someone's going to tell me now that this is a minor issue compared to the benefits of Steam, and obviously I would not keep and use my account if I disagreed with you. However, it still irritates and annoys me that Steam apparently has no way of accommodating households with more than one gamer and more than one gaming PC.
mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#13 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Love it, although I'm starting to shift to GamerGate.com to get my games because there's no account required to play and so my family can also play the same games on a different computer without the hassle of using one account.

Still, Steam is good because I can track my friends while playing, even chat etc. Not so much of a fan of third party software such as Xfire etc.

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
Mostly neutral, leaning towards disliking it. I don't like auto-updating or the fact that the thing won't shut itself off after I'm done playing the game (surely they could have it where, if you loaded the game from a desktop icon or something, it would shut off as the game closes...I'm not advocating this if you launch a game through Steam). And is it really necessary to run the store in the background while I play a game?
Bane_v2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bane_v2
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts
I like Steam for their sales. I bought like 12 games for the price of two during their summer sale. Other than that I still prefer buying my games on disc.
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

It's a flippin DD platform. What's to hate about it?

The only thing I can whine about is the occasional pop up when you close a game.

choonyos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 choonyos
Member since 2006 • 183 Posts
It's a great system, but I wish it would allow integration of non-Steam games (which I think it will in the future). I know it's a money thing, but oh well, it's not horrible.
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
I think they are over priced, but i do love their weenkend deals tho.
IU_Stizzal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 IU_Stizzal
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

I installed it when I bought the Orange Box...I still have it because of the sales.

haberman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 haberman13
Member since 2003 • 2414 Posts

Love it, revolutionized gaming for me (because I buy a ton of on sale games now)

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
We seriously get one of these threads per day.
PunishedOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 PunishedOne
Member since 2003 • 6045 Posts

It's a great system, but I wish it would allow integration of non-Steam games (which I think it will in the future). I know it's a money thing, but oh well, it's not horrible. choonyos

It already does. You can add non-Steam games by clicking on the Games dragdown at the top of the Steam window, click "Add a Non-Steam game to My Library...", and point it to whatever .exe you wish.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DanielDust

[QUOTE="choonyos"]It's a great system, but I wish it would allow integration of non-Steam games (which I think it will in the future). I know it's a money thing, but oh well, it's not horrible. PunishedOne

It already does. You can add non-Steam games by clicking on the Games dragdown at the top of the Steam window, click "Add a Non-Steam game to My Library...", and point it to whatever .exe you wish.

He wants them to be integrated completely, something like applying your custom icon, different info on the game page or links to the "normal" Steam version. It would be awesome if they make it like that at some point but... :(.
BDK-Soft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BDK-Soft

Love it, because:

1) Fast and easy access to all my games

2) Accessible on any PC

3) Cloud

4) Insane prices (positive not negative because there are also insane as in bad prices :P)

5) Easy access to some of the best Source mods (works for now but no doubt the MODDB platform -forgot the name- will be far better)

x) Achievement support

[QUOTE="BDK-Soft"]Hate it, especially the new version.

- Ripoff prices.
- Slow download speed.
- Has to run in the background when you want to play a game. Every single time. That's crazy DRM.
- Resource hog.
- Connection issues. Stop chewing on the server cables Gabe!
- Ugly bloated interface full of useless stuff and gradients.

You obviously are not the only one among millions of users, that's why some of them created simple, clas$ical skins.
- No search function anymore. A basic page search .. Nope.

Huh? the search feature is even more advanced than before and it actually works, sounds like you didn't even use it.

+ No disc required play.
+ Keeps games up-to-date automatically (this can be a pain in the rear though).
+ VACDanielDust

The rest is either subjective or are cause by problems on your end.

Look up "CTRL+F" .. sigh
Nino_ze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Nino_ze
Member since 2008 • 368 Posts
well, I use Steam occasionally, depending on the game, but mostly I buy my games on DVDs, oh yeah, is there a chance I can burn my downloaded games from Steam onto a DVD? I really hate to download a game every time my laptop is broke?
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ChiliDragon
well, I use Steam occasionally, depending on the game, but mostly I buy my games on DVDs, oh yeah, is there a chance I can burn my downloaded games from Steam onto a DVD? I really hate to download a game every time my laptop is broke?Nino_ze
You can back them up to DVDs. Right-click on the game and go to the Properties and look for back-up options there. (I think... going off memory here.)
Darksonic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#27 Darksonic666
Member since 2009 • 3482 Posts

I hate steam heres why:

You have to activate your games over the internet which in call of duty modern warefare 2 casewas going to take me 3 hours.

Some times the it will say ( This game is not available right now try again later ) What ? now I cant even play my own games.

And just in general its a waste of time all my other non steam games I can install and play in about 1 hour at max but with steam I have to wait a whole day just to play my own games that I purchased.

So that and many other reasons are why steam is bad.:evil:

Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Buttons1990
Member since 2009 • 3167 Posts

Mostly neutral, leaning towards disliking it. I don't like auto-updating or the fact that the thing won't shut itself off after I'm done playing the game (surely they could have it where, if you loaded the game from a desktop icon or something, it would shut off as the game closes...I'm not advocating this if you launch a game through Steam). And is it really necessary to run the store in the background while I play a game?LongZhiZi

It seems like most of the people who say they hate it have really silly reasons...

1) You can disable auto-updates with a simple mouse button click.

2) Closing it when done with a game is also, 1 simple mouse button click.

As for me, I am loving it now... People complain about the outrageous prices, but virtually all of the 60 something games I own on steam were bought for bargain prices during sales... Those that I have paid full price for were brand new games at their launch... And I don't see how it is an issue to pay full retail for a game at its launch? (And seeing as how valve/steam don't even set the prices for any game on Steam apart from the games they make, it is pretty stupid to complain about Steam's prices)...

And I don't understand where people are coming from saying it is a resource hog... I literally NEVER close steam, ever... And running my internet browser (firefox), my OS (Windows 7), and Steam... 24/7... Never raises my cpu usage barely anything... It is always right at 1% for all cores, occasionally going to 2% on core 1... And RAM... Hmmm lets ctrl+alt+del that one... 87mb of system RAM... WOW look at all dem resources steam be hoggin.

Only thing I dislike is buying large games on Steam... LOOKING AT YOU Napoleon TW... 21gb, you kiddin me? Takes a minute or two to download that much...

Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Buttons1990

I hate steam heres why:

You have to activate your games over the internet which in call of duty modern warefare 2 casewas going to take me 3 hours.

Some times the it will say ( This game is not available right now try again later ) What ? now I cant even play my own games.

And just in general its a waste of time all my other non steam games I can install and play in about 1 hour at max but with steam I have to wait a whole day just to play my own games that I purchased.

Darksonic666

LOL you buy a digital download and then complain when your terrible internet downloads it slow...? WOW.

Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts
love it! best dlc service ever. i rather put in money on that service than wiiware and psn.
Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Buttons1990

My biggest complaint with Steam: My husband and I can't share one copy of a game bought there, unless one of us plays it in offline mode. With a retail copy of a game we can install it on two different computers and I can play on mine and he can play on his with no fuss or hassle. If we both want play the same game, and that game is purchased from Steam, we either need to buy two copies, or we need to actually co-ordinate when we update and patch it, and make sure that we never try to go online with the game while the other is playing it. I'm sure someone's going to tell me now that this is a minor issue compared to the benefits of Steam, and obviously I would not keep and use my account if I disagreed with you. However, it still irritates and annoys me that Steam apparently has no way of accommodating households with more than one gamer and more than one gaming PC.ChiliDragon

That has nothing to do with Steam... That has to do with licensing... When you buy a game you are buying a single license... Not a license for you and everyone you know to all use all at the same time...

If it was that way then how is it fair to someone who is the only gamer in their house? They pay their $50 for a game for themselves... Then you go and spend that same $50 for you and another person to play the game at the same time...

That and how do they even know you are in the same house? What is keeping you from buying that license and just sharing it with all your friends who now don't have to pay for the game.

Silly thing to complain about.

Darksonic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Darksonic666
[QUOTE="Buttons1990"]

[QUOTE="Darksonic666"]

I hate steam heres why:

LOL you buy a digital download and then complain when your terrible internet downloads it slow...? WOW.

I was not just complaining about how slow it was I was talking about all of its dumb security and why does it need internet for activation.
Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Buttons1990

[QUOTE="Buttons1990"]

[QUOTE="Darksonic666"]

I hate steam heres why:

Darksonic666

I was not just complaining about how slow it was I was talking about all of its dumb security and why does it need internet for activation.

I don't understand what you are talking about.

Steam works this way:

1) You buy a game.

2) You download the game, the speed of which is determined ONLY by your own internet speed.

3) You click the game to start it, and it installs updated installation files (Direct X, .NET, etc)...

4) You play the game.

I don't know what you are talking about with 3 hour activation of a game. There is no activation... You buy the game and the second you buy it, it is activated on your account forever... I have no idea where you are coming from with this.

The only security/DRM it has is being online... And since it is distributed digitally, isn't much of a problem since you are already on the internet in the first place. And even then you can go into offline mode which removes the need to be online at all.

Curlyfrii87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Curlyfrii87
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

I love steam.... and for all the reasons you would think!

themobilephone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 themobilephone
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts

+Ease of use

+no cd required

+nice sales

+cloud

+auto-patching

+I like to have all my games at one place

+community features

-Ripoff prices

-Having to run steam all the time while you're playing the game

-Only one person can play the game, unless the other ones are in offline mode

-My games are sometimes not available

-The download servers are sometimes quite slow

Darksonic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Darksonic666
[QUOTE="Buttons1990"]

[QUOTE="Darksonic666"][QUOTE="Buttons1990"]

I don't understand what you are talking about.

Steam works this way:

1) You buy a game.

2) You download the game, the speed of which is determined ONLY by your own internet speed.

3) You click the game to start it, and it installs updated installation files (Direct X, .NET, etc)...

4) You play the game.

I don't know what you are talking about with 3 hour activation of a game. There is no activation... You buy the game and the second you buy it, it is activated on your account forever... I have no idea where you are coming from with this.

The only security/DRM it has is being online... And since it is distributed digitally, isn't much of a problem since you are already on the internet in the first place. And even then you can go into offline mode which removes the need to be online at all.

That would be just fine but i got these games in the store I and they force me to use steam I dont really have a choice thats what I am talking about.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ChiliDragon
[QUOTE="Buttons1990"]That has nothing to do with Steam... That has to do with licensing... When you buy a game you are buying a single license... Not a license for you and everyone you know to all use all at the same time... If it was that way then how is it fair to someone who is the only gamer in their house? They pay their $50 for a game for themselves... Then you go and spend that same $50 for you and another person to play the game at the same time... That and how do they even know you are in the same house? What is keeping you from buying that license and just sharing it with all your friends who now don't have to pay for the game. Silly thing to complain about.

When I buy a retail copy of The Witcher, I get a patch with it that removes the DRM. I Can install and play it unlimited times. If I had bought it from Steam it would forever be limited to my account, meaning my Steam account needs to be logged in for the game to be playable. Same with any game that limits the number of simultaneous installations, as long as you stay under the limit you can have it on two different PCs at the same time without violating the license. Because of the way Steam is set up and functions, it imposes restrictions that buying a retail copy of the game doesn't. It might seem silly to you, and you are free to call it that. To me it's a good reason not to buy games we both are interested in from Steam.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DanielDust
Offline mode, somehow people always forget about it...you can run Witcher on 1000PCs at the same time if you want, or any other game that has some sort of singleplayer.
-Feath-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -Feath-
Member since 2005 • 1452 Posts
Steam is grand because of the auto updating and community features and such. Steam is not grand because it is so popular, many games come with it attached. PC gaming is all about choice, and if I wanted to be told what to do with something I paid for with my own money, I would buy a console (I am aware that some games are released with multiple versions, some plain retail, some with steamworks attached, which is good. Choice is good.).
arto1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 arto1223
Member since 2005 • 4412 Posts

If it were a woman, I would marry her. I love Steam.

Cloud567kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Cloud567kar
Member since 2007 • 2656 Posts

Love it, sales and all my games in one spot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fae21e61a964
deactivated-5fae21e61a964

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5fae21e61a964
Member since 2005 • 765 Posts

I'd be happier if the games were five to ten dollars cheaper simply because there's no manufactured box or shipping I'm paying for. Other than that, it's a solid program.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

If it were a woman, I would marry her.

arto1223
I wouldn't. She takes lots of my money, space and lets everyone play with her. She is good for lonely Saturday nights though...
LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LongZhiZi

[QUOTE="LongZhiZi"]Mostly neutral, leaning towards disliking it. I don't like auto-updating or the fact that the thing won't shut itself off after I'm done playing the game (surely they could have it where, if you loaded the game from a desktop icon or something, it would shut off as the game closes...I'm not advocating this if you launch a game through Steam). And is it really necessary to run the store in the background while I play a game?Buttons1990

It seems like most of the people who say they hate it have really silly reasons...

1) You can disable auto-updates with a simple mouse button click.

2) Closing it when done with a game is also, 1 simple mouse button click.

Buy a game from Steam, and then back-up the 1.0 version. Then, after a patch is released, try to restore the backup. Can you get your 1.0 back? No? That's auto-patching in action. GTA4 at 1.0.5 works well on my computer. Once patch 1.0.6 hit, it became unplayable. If I had the Steam version, I'd be hosed. Thank God I picked up the disc version. Plus if I had a nickel for everytime someone did disable auto-patching and Steam disregarded it, I'd have a lot of nickels. What magical mouse-button do you have that automatically closes it in one click? I count two after the game is closed, minimum, and it's two more than I should need to do. When I'm done with a game, I don't need Valve's f'n client running in the background. Apparently the 's----y' GFWL can be coded to do this, but for Valve, it's magical programming.
LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LongZhiZi
[QUOTE="-Feath-"] Steam is not grand because it is so popular, many games come with it attached. PC gaming is all about choice, and if I wanted to be told what to do with something I paid for with my own money, I would buy a console (I am aware that some games are released with multiple versions, some plain retail, some with steamworks attached, which is good. Choice is good.).

This is another point that I was going to bring up, but didn't have time to argue it myself. Steam has nice community features and overlay (neither which I particularly care for, but they are well done), but I do not like it being imposed on me. If I choose to buy a game through Steam, I accept that I will have to use Steam. But it's irritating when you buy a game from a store and then are forced to use a platform (any platform) just to play your game. I think there is a risk of the PC becoming more closed over time if it's dominated by only one party.
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts

I like it, could be better though. It takes longer than it should to start, and interface is somewhat buggy with connection issues. The whole thing feels like a webpage and not a proper GUI, but it still looks pretty good.Sometimes it makes my games not work. Right now it's Portal and Episode 2, and they want me to do some uninstalling and error checking which I do NOT want to do.

I like how it's easy to communicate with friends and invite them to games and such, and it's a neat place to check up on my games and community. I love how it automatically updates games for you, although sometimes the network speed isn't the greatest when large updates become available for big games, or when big games release.

SuperBobz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SuperBobz
Member since 2009 • 613 Posts

I like it, but I have no experience with other digital download sites.

I just like that I can re-download a game in the future, without the hassle of looking for the disc and discovering I lost the activation code. 8)

junkrika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 junkrika
Member since 2010 • 59 Posts

As I've said before, I don't like the idea of being force to install any form of malware or bloatware just to play a game.

No, I do not want to set my homepage to Ask.com. No, I do not want to install a browser toolbar with more holes than in a swiss cheese factory. No, I do not want to install a free super-duper-awesome 3d screensaver. No, I do not want to install G4WL. No, I do not want to install steam.

In the name of Mike Gerard's overbuilt truck - stop! If you want steam, fine, go crazy. However, let me play the game without ever having to touch that spooty piece of malware.

/rant

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DanielDust

As I've said before, I don't like the idea of being force to install any form of malware or bloatware just to play a game.

No, I do not want to set my homepage to Ask.com. No, I do not want to install a browser toolbar with more holes than in a swiss cheese factory. No, I do not want to install a free super-duper-awesome 3d screensaver. No, I do not want to install G4WL. No, I do not want to install steam.

In the name of Mike Gerard's overbuilt truck - stop! If you want steam, fine, go crazy. However, let me play the game without ever having to touch that spooty piece of malware.

/rant

junkrika
I get that you don't like it, but do you actually know what you're talking about? what does malware have to do with anything? making outrageous claims won't make your opinion count, just a simple "I don't like to use 3rd party software". If you'll ever be in the mood for free screensavers, free games, super browser toolbars, you can get that on dubious sites and from people that want to scam you.
BDK-Soft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BDK-Soft
[QUOTE="junkrika"]

/rant

DanielDust
I get that you don't like it, but do you actually know what you're talking about? what does malware have to do with anything? making outrageous claims won't make your opinion count, just a simple "I don't like to use 3rd party software". If you'll ever be in the mood for free screensavers, free games, super browser toolbars, you can get that on dubious sites and from people that want to scam you.

Malware/bloatware .. Who cares.