Star Citizen : Arena Commander (DFM) Release Date Confirmed

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#101 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Right, back on topic please. Lets stop throwing insults around and actually discuss the topic. If you can not do that then don't post in this thread.

Thank you.

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102  Edited By rabakill
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts

@MBirdy88: it's possible to design ships that will be in the game. The community has a direct impact on the game in that they have designed things that will actually be Iin the game. You're an idiot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@rabakill said:

@MBirdy88: it's possible to design ships that will be in the game. The community has a direct impact on the game in that they have designed things that will actually be Iin the game. You're an idiot.

lmao..... I'm an idiot? There are games out there that do that without asking for donations... what an absolute poor example... and thats a contest.... not investment.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@rabakill said:

lmao..... I'm an idiot? There are games out there that do that without asking for donations... what an absolute poor example... and thats a contest.... not investment.

People don't usually donate without getting something. They do, however, invest money in something in order to get something.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#105 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

@airshocker said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@rabakill said:

People don't usually donate without getting something. They do, however, invest money in something in order to get something.

giving money to star citizen is neither donating nor an investment... you get no return and you arent giving them money for nothing. you simply get the game.

you are basically paying a -lot- of money to preorder a game based on a promise. good luck with that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@cyloninside said:

@airshocker said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@rabakill said:

giving money to star citizen is neither donating nor an investment... you get no return and you arent giving them money for nothing. you simply get the game.

you are basically paying a -lot- of money to preorder a game based on a promise. good luck with that.

Of course it's an investment. Giving money to CIG is investing in the future of Star Citizen. Also, I don't simply get the game. I get extras.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 cyloninside

@airshocker said:

@cyloninside said:

@airshocker said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@rabakill said:

Of course it's an investment. Giving money to CIG is investing in the future of Star Citizen. Also, I don't simply get the game. I get extras.

airshocker is the only person that can be right in this thread guys... lets all just move along and leave him to his delusions.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@cyloninside said:

airshocker is the only person that can be right in this thread guys... lets all just move along and leave him to his delusions.

Don't be a fucking douchebag. I understand completely that you don't like Star Citizen. I don't agree with you obviously, but you're free to like whatever you want. The fact is, however, that some of us do consider it an investment. When I invest in stocks I'm hoping that those will go higher and generate profit for me. When I give money to CIG I'm hoping that that will turn out to be an amazing game that I will be able to lose myself in for hundreds of hours.

Also like stocks, I do my research. I don't give money to things I don't trust. I played Freelancer for almost a year straight when I was going through technical training and then eventually deployed to Iraq. I trust Chris Roberts because he has delivered in the past. And nothing suggests that will be any different.

So please, enough with your bullshit. You're free to have an opinion but if it's blatantly wrong I'm going to point it out. Just because you don't consider something worthy to be invested in doesn't mean what others do isn't an investment.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By cyloninside

@airshocker said:

@cyloninside said:

Don't be a fucking douchebag. I understand completely that you don't like Star Citizen. I don't agree with you obviously, but you're free to like whatever you want. The fact is, however, that some of us do consider it an investment. When I invest in stocks I'm hoping that those will go higher and generate profit for me. When I give money to CIG I'm hoping that that will turn out to be an amazing game that I will be able to lose myself in for hundreds of hours.

Also like stocks, I do my research. I don't give money to things I don't trust. I played Freelancer for almost a year straight when I was going through technical training and then eventually deployed to Iraq. I trust Chris Roberts because he has delivered in the past. And nothing suggests that will be any different.

So please, enough with your bullshit. You're free to have an opinion but if it's blatantly wrong I'm going to point it out. Just because you don't consider something worthy to be invested in doesn't mean what others do isn't an investment.

"but if it's blatantly wrong I'm going to point it out"

these are all opinions airshocker... considering the game is not out yet, and you have no magic insight into its development process, everything you say is just opinion because you -cant- have anything else.

again... i say... airshocker is the only person that can be right in this thread guys... lets all just move along and leave him to his delusions.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@cyloninside said:

Yes, you were wrong in saying that giving money to CIG isn't an investment. I consider it to be one and I even explained my reasoning. You've got absolutely nothing going for you except acting like a petulant child.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By cyloninside

@airshocker said:

@cyloninside said:

Yes, you were wrong in saying that giving money to CIG isn't an investment. I consider it to be one and I even explained my reasoning. You've got absolutely nothing going for you except acting like a petulant child.

thanks for proving my point airshocker.

"you were wrong"

"I consider it to be one"

so because you think it is, everyone else is wrong. got it.

for the third time.... airshocker is the only person that can be right in this thread guys... lets all just move along and leave him to his delusions.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@cyloninside said:

"you were wrong"

for the third time.... airshocker is the only person that can be right in this thread guys... lets all just move along and leave him to his delusions.

No, you have to show why my reasoning is flawed in order for me to be wrong. You haven't. You've simply been attempting to ridicule me. Which is a logical fallacy, by the way.

You say I get no return. That is false. I get the game when it's finished. I get extras. I also get the satisfaction knowing I helped fund something I believe will be the greatest space sim ever created. Those are all returns on the money I spend.

So again, how is it not an investment?

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By cyloninside

@airshocker said:

@cyloninside said:

"you were wrong"

No, you have to show why my reasoning is flawed in order for me to be wrong. You haven't. You've simply been attempting to ridicule me. Which is a logical fallacy, by the way.

You say I get no return. That is false. I get the game when it's finished. I get extras. I also get the satisfaction knowing I helped fund something I believe will be the greatest space sim ever created. Those are all returns on the money I spend.

So again, how is it not an investment?

no, i dont... because it is all just opinion... and opinion does not have to be based on evidence or even fact.

if that is your basis for defining an investment, then do you consider going to the store and buying a box of cereal an investment? you got a product. you got the toy inside... you supported your local grocery chain and got the satisfaction of filling up your stomach.

is that an investment then?

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#114  Edited By garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Ok this topic is done.

Discuss this sensibly in the future, this is the PC board and this sort of behaviour is not acceptable. Thank you.