So with console becoming very close to most of todays pc's...

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamerchris810

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 gamerchris810
Member since 2007 • 2372 Posts

Isn't Crysis PC only, since the consoles can't handle it?

Avenger1324

you speak the truth, if they make a console version there have to dumb it down :D

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts
You look at my specs and tell me if the consoles can compare, even if you put the ps3 and 360 together you still wont match my performance.People dont realize that those who go for these specs dont just go for gaming alot have work to do like video editing, CG and many more and we get gaming on the side note that peforms alot better then console.I love consoles but I hate it when fanboys compare them for price ect.
DryvBy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#53 DryvBy2
Member since 2007 • 287 Posts
I don't know whay kind of PC you have, but mine has always outperformed my consoles in the graphics department. I hope to God they don't make every game on every platform. THat's what's wrong with PC games today. Console ports suck.
foggy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 foggy666
Member since 2003 • 1123 Posts
Well, this thought been in my mind for along time, and this is the time for it to come out: I had enough! The only reason that consoles are close to PCs is because the companies see more money there. games are being ported to the PC, not developed with optimization in mind. first they create a game for XBOX360, then they make it work on the PS3, then they make a half baked port for the PC. if companies would really optimize their games for the PC (like crysis will IMO) you would see the console become obsolete quickly.
ikwal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ikwal
Member since 2004 • 1600 Posts
Some games are pretty much unplayable on consoles like FPS and RTS for example. The day keyboard and mouse becomes standard for those games on consoles I might start thinking of getting a console instead.
Erlkoenig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Erlkoenig
Member since 2006 • 715 Posts

You guys are crazy. What a bunch of nerds.ParadoxOne11

I somehow knew it would come to that, when one side loses the debate.

PC gaming isn't much more expensive than console gaming. The consoles just mask their true cost better. What's the point of this thread again? Why are some PC games not on the consoles, right? Because of the different tastes between the 2 demographics, and the technical difference in controls.

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts

[QUOTE="demonik_360"]There really isnt a reason to put a game on pc and not the systems(and vice versa) everyone is in it for money these days(excpet blizzard,valve etc.) and i was gonna get the Q6600 and the 8800GTS Nvidia graphics card but i relized i could buy a 360 and wii...but i dont want to turn into a console gamer, i love being a hermit(lol) but i feel im bein ripped off in a way with me paying hundreds of dollars to upgrade(no im not complaining about the cost just simply stating) i could buy a console with equel gaming capabilities...what are you thought on this? should i resort to droppin my pc gaming rig...(sorry if this belongs in a diffren forum i just want certain opnions :D)ParadoxOne11

You have a valid point here. Computers nowadays are VERY expensive. A decent gaming machine costs more than 2000 dollars. It's crazy really... With that kind of money you can buy a PS3, a 360, a Wii and a PC for internet and older games. I mean come on you get4 machines instead of one... It's a no-brainer. And with today's multiplatform madness you really wouldn't miss many games on the PC anyway.

please tell me your not serious you do know that you can build a rig for $600-$700 that can run direct 9 games on high and a little bit more to max direct 10
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

lol

You guys are crazy. What a bunch of nerds. It's all about the games not the system you play them on. I owned anything from Ataris to PS2 and P4's. I was a SNES player but that didn't stop me to enjoy Golden Axe on the PC and then buy one. I don't know where this hate is coming from? I for one never really liked racing games. Then I played Grand Turismo and I loved it. I've allways said that I hate the Xbox for being too big and practically a computer just posing as a console but that didn't stopped me playin Forza Motorsport and enjoying it. But yeah there's one thing u can't do with a PC that you should do and can with a console. Just go out and buy a game from the store, then come home stick it in your system and play it. Oh no you have to wait, half an hour untill you installit and after you do that, IF it works,you still need the DVD. WHY? Oh and the fact you have to deal with Windows, the worst program ever invented. I hated this piece of buggy software from the start when i first tried it out on a 286. I was still using DOS and NC on my 486when the first pentium came out... The first thing I've noticed on Windows 95 was: So you have to push start to close the computer? Right...

ParadoxOne11

Your point falls flat on its face.. The Pc in the short term of recent games and as well as the long term has had the greatest amount of AA's and AAA's.

Zippo_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Zippo_Fire
Member since 2004 • 41 Posts

I'd say if you like the PC get the PC. Yeah sure the xbox 360 and ps3 are cheaper but you also remind you you have to have a decent enough tv to make it look halfway decent. Yeah that means LCD with HD and all that nice mumbo jumbo and it aint cheap.

Plus Upgrading a PC doesn't have to expensive. I priced a mobo, 2 GB of RAM, an 8800 GTS, an INTEL and AMD and both were under 1000. Oh and if you need a PSU you can get those CHEAP too. So for under 1000 you can upgrade and play alot of games on HIGH. Oh yeah and if you want 2 8800 GTS it runs like 1100 bucks :).

THats pretty cheap because if I wanted to get any console today...Id pay 2000 dollars easy. You say no way I say yes way Id need a new TV and even a small TV with the capabilities for the new consoles aren't cheap. Plus the console PLUS controllers PLUS games and PLUS any accessories needed.

Plus for MP your gonna tone down the graphics anyway.

Most people if you play it smart all you'll ever have to do is upgrade here and there. Computer Chips are becoming cheaper and cheaper....Mobos are becoming cheaper and cheaper. MOst computer parts are becoming cheaper and cheaper. Hell I talked to one of my friends from highschool who nabbed a maxtor 160 GB 7200 RPM sata for 50 bucks today or would have but he decided he didnt need it.

So If you do the research and buy a computer new and are smart about it in the future you'll save hunderds of dollars if not thousands. Where as with every console you'll always have to buy a new machine and pray tell what will you do with those old machines that are now rendered useless?

So my opinion stick with PC gaming my friend but if you want to have something just to do go buy a PS3 i like their controllers better.