So I have been playing some Dark Souls...

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 1

#1 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts

I think it's safe to say that if the coming PC port is playable that you (yes, you) will want to go get it.

It is one of the best RPG's I have ever played. I would say that it does a lot of things a lot better than even Skyrim.

It is incredibly fun and incredibly difficult. You will die. But it's all part of the game. And that makes it less frustrating knowing that, while dying is a mistake, that its supposed to happen. A lot.

I am excited to see what the added content will be. I will most likely give away my Xbox 360 version so I can go back through on PC.

Just look at the visuals:

anorlondo.jpg

steerpike_DarkSoulsDiaries_SensFortress0

Boss Fights!

DarkSouls_BellGargoyle.jpg

0171.jpg

Dear fellow PC gamers: GET EXCITED.

Will you be purchasing Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition?

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#2 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Well its not like we didn't all want it on PC before, when we put down thousands of signatures for it to come to PC.

Though I'm not rebuying it for a few new levels, I hope they can put this stuff on all systems across the board.

tobes1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 tobes1993
Member since 2011 • 227 Posts
I'm so pumped for this game, game i'm most excited for along with darksiders 2 and dishonoured. Just wish I didn't have to wait for so long!
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

WHy post something that everyone knows alread? We signed a petition for a reason.

agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 agpickle
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts

I'm very excited. I loved Demons Souls back when I had a ps3 and never got a chance to play Dark Souls. The port comes out on my birthday too. Can't wait!

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
I just wish they spent a bit more time and made sure everything will be optimized / polished for PC. Unless they said anything about it, from what I recall, nothing will be enhanced (graphics wise) and a controller will be required.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I just wish they spent a bit more time and made sure everything will be optimized / polished for PC. Unless they said anything about it, from what I recall, nothing will be enhanced (graphics wise) and a controller will be required.trastamad03

Yeah, they are committing the worst sins in PC gaming

-FPS will be locked at 30

-requires GFWL

-no keyboard and mouse support (what??)

-Resolution locked at 720p.

I fail to see the point of buying this version....

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

[QUOTE="trastamad03"]I just wish they spent a bit more time and made sure everything will be optimized / polished for PC. Unless they said anything about it, from what I recall, nothing will be enhanced (graphics wise) and a controller will be required.JangoWuzHere

-requires GFWL

Where did you get this information from?
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

The resolution is not locked at 720p. No art assets will be updated though.

GFWL was only on the German box. Namco said no decisions was made and we'll find out more around E3.

It has mouse and keyboard support. I don't see it being too useful though. The game is designed for controllers and it's perfect with them. A true PC gamer wouldn't complain about this, after all one of the platform's strengths is the ability to use a variety of peripherals.

And finally, if the physics and animations are capped at 30 fps, then the game should be capped at 30 fps too. Only a problem for graphics whores. You can't ask them to overhaul the engine and recreate all animations just to stroke your ego.

Generally its a good idea to conduct some further investigation after you read the first bad translations and instant Internet rage:P

tobes1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tobes1993
Member since 2011 • 227 Posts

[QUOTE="trastamad03"]I just wish they spent a bit more time and made sure everything will be optimized / polished for PC. Unless they said anything about it, from what I recall, nothing will be enhanced (graphics wise) and a controller will be required.JangoWuzHere

-requires GFWL

There isn't NO keyboard and mouse support, there is 'limited' support which means it'll work fine but that you'd be better off with a controller (which given that the game was designed so that analogue sticks are vital to the controls, based on what my friends have told me, is entirely reasonable)
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

[QUOTE="trastamad03"]I just wish they spent a bit more time and made sure everything will be optimized / polished for PC. Unless they said anything about it, from what I recall, nothing will be enhanced (graphics wise) and a controller will be required.-Unreal-

-requires GFWL

Where did you get this information from?

It was on a forum somewhere, the devs openly said it themselves. Because they have never made a PC game before it was a little daunting to them so they aren't doing much extra. Just porting it directly to PC. Just adding extra enemies

But the thing is people will find workarounds for these things like they did for LA Noires locked framerate. And at least at 30 FPS it will be soild at that and not suddenly drop greatly or stutter like the console version. At least I hope not

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
It was my favorite game last year, with the Witcher 2 and Ghost Trick following it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Hasn't been verified.

-requires GFWL

Might be removed but it sucks.

It has typical kbm controls. They said that they wouldn't be changing the game to accommodate kbm controls, but it would still be playable.

He said texture resolution will be the same, nothing about display resolution.

hmmm

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

Better than Skyrim? Wow, that sure has to be a great RPG! :roll:

If they release a demo maybe I'll change my tune but, as it is now, and from what I've seen and read, I couldn't care less about this game. I didn't not sign a petition for nothing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-58b6232955e4a

If they release a demo maybe I'll change my tune but, as it is now, and from what I've seen and read, I couldn't care less about this game. I didn't not sign a petition for nothing.

-wildflower-

It's a 3d metrodvania style game with diablo like exploration (without the randomly generated content). It has a lot of replayability and is challenging to a degree. The coop and pvp modes are both also fun.

Also would like to note that Skyrim wasn't even in my top ten for last year.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Point is... many PC gamers don't have consoles and haven't played it but are interested. I can safely say that if you are interested... go ahead.

PS... There is NO WAY the resolution is locked at 720p.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
This is one game I was hoping would come to PC. I'll most likely get it, subject to decent reviews. :)
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

i really liked it on 360, cant wait until it comes to pc. The console version was less than 720p and had framerate issues especially in certain areas. I cant wait to play it again!

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TerrorRizzing

Point is... many PC gamers don't have consoles and haven't played it but are interested. I can safely say that if you are interested... go ahead.

PS... There is NO WAY the resolution is locked at 720p.

realguitarhero5
even if it is, it wasnt even 720p on consoles nor did it even have a steady framerate.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
It's a shame the PC doesn't get the original Demons Souls as well. Both games are incredible and remind me of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. They are literally the best RPGs to come out this generation (no doubt about it in my mind). Everything about the game is pure class - the bosses, the music, the combat, the PvP mechanics, indirect storytelling, etc. 'From Software' really did their research, and brought us games that filled a huge gap in RPG-dom. Really, I'd recommend this game to anyone who likes a bit of a challenge in their games. Seriously - buy it day 1. It's an insane dungeon-crawler. Absolutely insane. You're really missing out if you don't play through it IMO.
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TerrorRizzing
[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]It's a shame the PC doesn't get the original Demons Souls as well. Both games are incredible and remind me of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. They are literally the best RPGs to come out this generation (no doubt about it in my mind). Everything about the game is pure class - the bosses, the music, the combat, the PvP mechanics, indirect storytelling, etc. 'From Software' really did their research, and brought us games that filled a huge gap in RPG-dom. Really, I'd recommend this game to anyone who likes a bit of a challenge in their games. Seriously - buy it day 1. It's an insane dungeon-crawler. Absolutely insane. You're really missing out if you don't play through it IMO.

ya I agree, my ps3 died before I ever played demons souls. Im almost tempted to get another ps3, but I probably wont at this point...
csadhoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 csadhoo
Member since 2004 • 1462 Posts

Ill get it on PC mainly because of the voice chat through Skype and ventrilo :P

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#24 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

I really want it but all these crappy rumors about how much the PC version is going to suck makes it hard to be hyped.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
I really want it but its unlikely I will buy it. They are intentionally making a shoddy port to save money.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Ill get it on PC mainly because of the voice chat through Skype and ventrilo :P

csadhoo
It's a lot like Amnesia- sometimes you need a support group while playing. But for different reasons. It's the only game in recent memory that has made my heart pound in my chest while approaching a boss (Capra Demon in the Lower Undead Burg).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
P.S.: You may not know this but on the console versions it will kick you from the game if you enter Party Chat :P. They thought of everything.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
i swear i don't get the "you will die a lot" thing so many DS fans say. sure the game's difficult and sure you will die, more often than in most games, but it's not like you'll be dead every other minute. you die against tough foes you haven't properly prepared yourself for, you die for making stupid mistakes, and you may die against the tougher bosses.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="-wildflower-"]

SAGE_OF_FIRE

It's a 3d metrodvania style game with diablo like exploration (without the randomly generated content). It has a lot of replayability and is challenging to a degree. The coop and pvp modes are both also fun.

Also would like to note that Skyrim wasn't even in my top ten for last year.

you forgot "and it has absolutely nothing in common with skyrim".
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#30 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

As long as the FPS issues are fixed for hte PC version Ill buy. The slowdowns on the ps3 version was a pain in the butt and seemed to be ignored by the majoriety of the press in reviews. This is one of the only issues I had with the game, common sense says this probelm SHOULD be fixed for the pc version.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i swear i don't get the "you will die a lot" thing so many DS fans say. sure the game's difficult and sure you will die, more often than in most games, but it's not like you'll be dead every other minute. you die against tough foes you haven't properly prepared yourself for, you die for making stupid mistakes, and you may die against the tougher bosses.

It is because the penalty for death is much greater and thus death becomes a bigger deal. Also, the game IS very difficult and if you don't property approach an enemy or situation then you will die. A lot. It's about managing stamina (HUGE), knowing when to heal using estus, and knowing attack patterns so you can strike at the appropriate time. There's nothing worse than not being able to block because you are two-handing a weapon.
trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 trastamad03

As long as the FPS issues are fixed for hte PC version Ill buy. The slowdowns on the ps3 version was a pain in the butt and seemed to be ignored by the majoriety of the press in reviews. This is one of the only issues I had with the game, common sense says this probelm SHOULD be fixed for the pc version.

kozzy1234
Don't get your hopes up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-58b6232955e4a

I really want it but its unlikely I will buy it. They are intentionally making a shoddy port to save money.bonafidetk

Besides "hurr GFWL" there isn't much to complain about yet.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="realguitarhero5"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i swear i don't get the "you will die a lot" thing so many DS fans say. sure the game's difficult and sure you will die, more often than in most games, but it's not like you'll be dead every other minute. you die against tough foes you haven't properly prepared yourself for, you die for making stupid mistakes, and you may die against the tougher bosses.

It is because the penalty for death is much greater and thus death becomes a bigger deal. Also, the game IS very difficult and if you don't property approach an enemy or situation then you will die. A lot. It's about managing stamina (HUGE), knowing when to heal using estus, and knowing attack patterns so you can strike at the appropriate time. There's nothing worse than not being able to block because you are two-handing a weapon.

it's a different gameplay, takes getting used to it. of course you'll die if you play it wrong and drink all your estus whenever you get scratched, or mash the attack button until you run out of stamina. death is actually quite numbed in dark souls after a while, and that's its trumph. dying feels natural, when you die you're like "ok, let's do it one more time", rather than raging like you would in most other games. being a demon's souls veteran, i remember that at first i was extremely afraid of death because of the whole "you'll lose all your souls" thing, plus having to start over and whatnot. but after a while, you stop caring about the lost souls, because you can just get more, easily, and (especially with dark souls), dying doesn't take you too far back. there's still the thrill of having your life at risk, but dying isn't much of a setback. you learned something, and you had fun while it lasted, now go and try again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="realguitarhero5"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i swear i don't get the "you will die a lot" thing so many DS fans say. sure the game's difficult and sure you will die, more often than in most games, but it's not like you'll be dead every other minute. you die against tough foes you haven't properly prepared yourself for, you die for making stupid mistakes, and you may die against the tougher bosses.

it's a different gameplay, takes getting used to it. of course you'll die if you play it wrong and drink all your estus whenever you get scratched, or mash the attack button until you run out of stamina. death is actually quite numbed in dark souls after a while, and that's its trumph. dying feels natural, when you die you're like "ok, let's do it one more time", rather than raging like you would in most other games. being a demon's souls veteran, i remember that at first i was extremely afraid of death because of the whole "you'll lose all your souls" thing, plus having to start over and whatnot. but after a while, you stop caring about the lost souls, because you can just get more, easily, and (especially with dark souls), dying doesn't take you too far back. there's still the thrill of having your life at risk, but dying isn't much of a setback. you learned something, and you had fun while it lasted, now go and try again.

The learning part is one of the best parts. While it is frustrating to lose 16,000 souls during a boss battle, learning is the best part about it. I would much rather learn from my mistakes and kill the boss than have the souls. That's what makes the early game fun. You are learning all about the game even if you haven't been able to start really building your character. I'm pretty sure everyone goes through the early game with chain armor and either a long sword, or if theyre in the know, the Drake sword.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#36 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

[QUOTE="trastamad03"]I just wish they spent a bit more time and made sure everything will be optimized / polished for PC. Unless they said anything about it, from what I recall, nothing will be enhanced (graphics wise) and a controller will be required.SAGE_OF_FIRE

Hasn't been verified.

-requires GFWL

It has typical kbm controls. They said that they wouldn't be changing the game to accommodate kbm controls, but it would still be playable.

hmmm

Yeah it seems like some people are really reaching for reasons to complain before the damn game is out.

Goes to show that PC gamers being vocal is both a gift and a curse, the case of Dark Souls showing both sides here (their vocality allowing the game to come to the platform, while immature whiners making things up or taking them out of context just to hate on the game long before its out like whiny children).

Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

I'm definitely looking forward to it after playing it on the PS3. GFWL is annoying but I think it'd be better to buy Dark Souls to show that there is a market for such games and at the same time tell From Software/Namco Bandai that GFWL is horrible and detracts from the excellent game that is Dark Souls and that their next Souls game would be far better off without it.

Worked for Fallout: New Vegas

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 trastamad03

[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"]

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

Hasn't been verified.

-requires GFWL

SPYDER0416

hmmm

Yeah it seems like some people are really reaching for reasons to complain before the damn game is out.

Goes to show that PC gamers being vocal is both a gift and a curse, the case of Dark Souls showing both sides here (their vocality allowing the game to come to the platform, while immature whiners making things up or taking them out of context just to hate on the game long before its out like whiny children).

Wishing and whining are different. I'm actually going to buy the game no matter what. Everything I enumerated, they don't really bother me. Hopefully by buying the game, Namco Bandai and From Software will realize that there's a market in PC and next Souls game, will have PC optimization/tweaking.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="realguitarhero5"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="realguitarhero5"] It is because the penalty for death is much greater and thus death becomes a bigger deal. Also, the game IS very difficult and if you don't property approach an enemy or situation then you will die. A lot. It's about managing stamina (HUGE), knowing when to heal using estus, and knowing attack patterns so you can strike at the appropriate time. There's nothing worse than not being able to block because you are two-handing a weapon.

The learning part is one of the best parts. While it is frustrating to lose 16,000 souls during a boss battle, learning is the best part about it. I would much rather learn from my mistakes and kill the boss than have the souls. That's what makes the early game fun. You are learning all about the game even if you haven't been able to start really building your character. I'm pretty sure everyone goes through the early game with chain armor and either a long sword, or if theyre in the know, the Drake sword.

protip: always spend as many souls as possible before progressing. that way the only souls you'll lose are the ones from the path between your spawn and your destination and some leftovers (and you can even get them back if you don't do anything stupid)
Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Herrick
Member since 2004 • 4549 Posts

...and (especially with dark souls), dying doesn't take you too far back. there's still the thrill of having your life at risk, but dying isn't much of a setback. you learned something, and you had fun while it lasted, now go and try again.BrunoBRS
That's good to hear. The starting over part is what kept me from getting into Demons Souls. I liked the difficulty but it wasn't fun that the checkpoints were soooo far apart. This was especially troublesome when encountering a boss for the 1st time. Chances are, if you didn't already know its tactics, you'd die on the first try. and in my case, the second, third, & fourth tries, ha ha!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]...and (especially with dark souls), dying doesn't take you too far back. there's still the thrill of having your life at risk, but dying isn't much of a setback. you learned something, and you had fun while it lasted, now go and try again.Herrick

That's good to hear. The starting over part is what kept me from getting into Demons Souls. I liked the difficulty but it wasn't fun that the checkpoints were soooo far apart. This was especially troublesome when encountering a boss for the 1st time. Chances are, if you didn't already know its tactics, you'd die on the first try. and in my case, the second, third, & fourth tries, ha ha!

I think they realized that being difficult is alright but if you make the player replay the same segment that they passed the first time over and over that they will lose interest. The bonfires make it so that you never get a half an hour back from where you died.
jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jonleeprice
Member since 2011 • 1455 Posts

I think it's safe to say that if the coming PC port is playable that you (yes, you) will want to go get it.

It is one of the best RPG's I have ever played. I would say that it does a lot of things a lot better than even Skyrim.

It is incredibly fun and incredibly difficult. You will die. But it's all part of the game. And that makes it less frustrating knowing that, while dying is a mistake, that its supposed to happen. A lot.

I am excited to see what the added content will be. I will most likely give away my Xbox 360 version so I can go back through on PC.

Just look at the visuals:

anorlondo.jpg

steerpike_DarkSoulsDiaries_SensFortress0

Boss Fights!

DarkSouls_BellGargoyle.jpg

0171.jpg

Dear fellow PC gamers: GET EXCITED.

Will you be purchasing Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition?

realguitarhero5
Awful game, one of the worst games i played this gen.
Grovilis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#43 Grovilis
Member since 2008 • 3728 Posts

I've been hearing nothing but good things about the game so I may look into it. If my memory serves me correctly, though, the game is only available through windows live. I've only had to use the service once and I ended up losing my saved files for the game that I had associated with it so I'm a little wary.

Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#44 Mr_Ditters
Member since 2008 • 1920 Posts

Dark souls was one of the best games I've ever played. Both Dark Souls and Demon's Souls make my top 5 list ever in about 30 years of gaming.

Even if the port isn't perfect, PC gamers are in for a treat.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#45 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Dark Souls reputation already precedes it. Hell, it did with Demon's Souls. Most of us that were/are curious about DS already know about its incredible difficulty level. So it's safe to say that those people who are planning to buy it alreday know what they're getting themselves into. Perhaps, the TC is late to the party, but it isn't so bad to revisit what's cool about this game for anticipating PC gamers.
Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#46 Mr_Ditters
Member since 2008 • 1920 Posts

Dark Souls reputation already precedes it. Hell, it did with Demon's Souls. Most of us that were/are curious about DS already know about its incredible difficulty level. So it's safe to say that those people who are planning to buy it alreday know what they're getting themselves into. Perhaps, the TC is late to the party, but it isn't so bad to revisit what's cool about this game for anticipating PC gamers. Elann2008

The difficulty was waaay overhyped. I've never understood all of the people that complained about its difficulty on ps3 and 360. There is an easy mode in DS. Its called co-op. Whenever you get stuck, invite a couple of people and stand back while they kill the boss for you.

GameFan1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GameFan1983
Member since 2004 • 2189 Posts

glad more gamers joined the club. yes, it's the best RPG ever made and absolutely genre defining. I can't wait for the PC release, I said on PS3 forum that I will buy every DLC from this game at full price and I will!! that extra 4 lvls and bosses at 1080P are more than enough to seal the deal.

a little bit about my DS experience(that might greatly enhances your experience) my first 85 hours in dark souls turns out I know nothing about dark souls, cause I apporch this game with demon's souls philosophy, and only did 2 play though, till my wife bought the game and drag me to play together, she trained me and give me tons epic gears, it is then I found the secret of humanity, which is what this game is all about, you tigger extra story, hidden passage, unexpected hidden enemies and extra loot when you travel with humanity, yes, it's rare to get and easier to lose(every time you die)I know most DS players don't want risk to travel along with humanity.

every play through never turn out the same twice, you will make choice, only ONCE in a full playthough, nothing is particularity right or wrong, you will get the loot and consequence for your decision, ruthless, responsible and fun.

my friend, till you find the secret painted world of aramis in the lvl in your first pic, and when the undead dragon landed on your head, you will understand why dark souls is above and beyond what "best RPG" can describe.

GameFan1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GameFan1983
Member since 2004 • 2189 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]Dark Souls reputation already precedes it. Hell, it did with Demon's Souls. Most of us that were/are curious about DS already know about its incredible difficulty level. So it's safe to say that those people who are planning to buy it alreday know what they're getting themselves into. Perhaps, the TC is late to the party, but it isn't so bad to revisit what's cool about this game for anticipating PC gamers. Mr_Ditters

The difficulty was waaay overhyped. I've never understood all of the people that complained about its difficulty on ps3 and 360. There is an easy mode in DS. Its called co-op. Whenever you get stuck, invite a couple of people and stand back while they kill the boss for you.

that is true, but the co-op system in dark souls was never well explained(the most innoviatiing system I ever thought possible for a video game) in fact half DS players don't even know how to invite , when you had a humanity on you,not only you can invite, it also made you an open target for the evil black phantom(PVPer) that will do nothing but ruin your progress, as far as I know almost half DS players never travel with humanity on them. they play it like demon's souls.

Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts

Pretty awesome game. Good enought for me to buy it twice I think.

Temporius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Temporius
Member since 2008 • 502 Posts
I'll be skipping this unless they fix at least some of the AI bugs. They really kill the difficulty.