Should I wait for Red Dead Redemption to come out on PC or buy a 360?

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

n_kors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 n_kors
Member since 2005 • 1785 Posts

I usually wouldn't think twice about waiting for a game to come out on pc, but i'm not sure. How long did it take for GTA IV to get released on PC?

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

Buy it for the 360. It's the best version out of the two. I'm not sure that it's coming to PC.

Rockstar said that no PC version is planned for now.

Frenzyd109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 Frenzyd109
Member since 2007 • 2276 Posts

Buy it for the 360. It's the best version out of the two. I'm not sure that it's coming to PC.

GeneralShowzer
Its the best version of the two when only one exists? I do not recommend spending $300 on a 360 for one game, so I say wait
Frenzyd109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 Frenzyd109
Member since 2007 • 2276 Posts
[QUOTE="Frenzyd109"][QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]

GeneralShowzer
Its the best version of the two when only one exists? I do not recommend spending $300 on a 360 for one game, so I say wait

Oh he said buy a 360? Didn't read right. No game is worth buying a console for, you're gonna play it for a week at most, and then you are instantly gonna regret it. Just a few games differentiate the 360 and the PC, and they are usually graphically at least better on the PC. And i meant the 360 version is better than the PS3 version.

Lol sorry, I forgot it was on the PS3. I dont know why
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#7 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
That depends how long you want to wait...
somegtalover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 somegtalover
Member since 2007 • 2700 Posts

Lol buy a 360 just for this game? it doesnt even look that fun

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
Since R* said that no PC version is planned, you're better off getting a 360. But you should find more reason for getting a 360 aside from just RDR.
teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

please do go buy yourself a 360, and so we can have one less person making console exclusive request/wishing threads on this freaking PC gaming board...

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Since R* said that no PC version is planned, you're better off getting a 360. But you should find more reason for getting a 360 aside from just RDR.mo0ksi

Link?

shadow8585

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shadow8585
Member since 2006 • 2947 Posts

somegtalover
Fool. The game is amazing. Dont buy an X360 strictly for this game, but this game is a great reason to get a X360. Along with RDR you can get a lotta good 2 year old games for cheap now. To answer your question, get the X360
MangaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MangaJ
Member since 2008 • 1435 Posts

It's a great game, there's no denying that. I have it for 360 and I love it. But yeah, you should find some other games you want too before making the purchase. Some gems I reccommend are Ace Combat 6, Halo Wars, Nhl 10, Earth Defense Force 2017, Battlefield 1943. Make sure to get some of the awesome multiplayer powerhouses too, like Borderlands, MW2, Halo 3/ODST. Multiplayer on the 360 is awesome.

Avatar image for charmingcharlie
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 charmingcharlie
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

Link?

JangoWuzHere

It was discussed in a podcast with the developers of RDR they clearly say :-

"no plans to bring the game to the PC, but if that should change they will let us know"

This is a link to the podcast :-

http://kotaku.com/5537476/one-excellent-hour-with- rockstar-games-talking-red-dead-redemption

You need to forward it to 28:25 at that point you will clearly hear the developers stating there are "no plans to bring the game to the PC, but if that should change they will let us know". As far as I am aware this is different to GTA 4 I don't recall them ever stating GTA 4 was not planned for the PC. Whenever they were asked about GTA 4 on the PC they would reply with "we cannot comment on unannounced titles"

Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]Since R* said that no PC version is planned, you're better off getting a 360. But you should find more reason for getting a 360 aside from just RDR.

Yeah, they said the same thing about the PC version of GTA IV yet the PC version began development shortly after the console versions began. Red Dead Redemption for PC will very likely release in late 2010, early 2011.
Avatar image for charmingcharlie
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 charmingcharlie
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

yeah, they said the same thing about the PC version of GTA IV yet the PC version began development shortly after the console versions began. Red Dead Redemption for PC will very likely release in late 2010, early 2011.Einhanderkiller

No they didn't they never ever said there are no plans for a PC version of GTA 4. Whenever people asked them about a PC version they always replied with "we cannot comment on unannounced titles".

harjyotbanwait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 harjyotbanwait
Member since 2008 • 398 Posts

Are you serious? For only this game? I think you should think it through before making a decision like that. What other games would you consider getting on it? I have an Xbox 360, but I seriously don't buy anything for it anymore so I'm not buying Red Dead Redemption for the Xbox 360. PC or bust for this game, for me anyways.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts
Get a ps3 instead access to all the great console exclusives like RDR and better exclusives like MGS4,Demon Souls,UC2,GOW III, and Heavy Rain
-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

Get a 360, they're dirst cheap (Some would say for good reason) Plus, you can always buy some of the older exclusives/console excluisves for it.

Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Remmib
Member since 2010 • 2250 Posts
I'm selling my 360 + 2 controllers, if you're interested. I'd say damned near perfect condition.
somegtalover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 somegtalover
[QUOTE="somegtalover"]

shadow8585
Fool. The game is amazing. Dont buy an X360 strictly for this game, but this game is a great reason to get a X360. Along with RDR you can get a lotta good 2 year old games for cheap now. To answer your question, get the X360

lul no. 15$ for used games is not cheap. Steam is cheap
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

get a ps3, atleast its also a blu-ray player, has wifi, doesnt charge to play online and doesnt break down every two seconds. I bought a ps3, and definitely get alot out of it even when I dont play games on it for months at a time.

MangaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MangaJ
Member since 2008 • 1435 Posts

get a ps3, atleast its also a blu-ray player, has wifi, doesnt charge to play online and doesnt break down every two seconds. I bought a ps3, and definitely get alot out of it even when I dont play games on it for months at a time.

TerrorRizzing

lol I've been playing my 360 for years now and never had it break down.

somegtalover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 somegtalover

[QUOTE="TerrorRizzing"]

MangaJ

lol I've been playing my 360 for years now and never had it break down.

lul new xbox's are made better "jaspers" they dont break. but anyways. dont buy one. just wait till it comes to PC
LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
I'd recommend holding out a bit longer to see if a PC port is announced. My gut feeling is that it will be announced in time, due to the size of the game and the budget involved, Rockstar probably wouldn't mind making a few extra bucks on a port. It may never happen, but the worst case scenario is that you wait a few months and the game will be cheaper and possibly a console price-cut. And if it does, then you'll have the superior version.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

GeneralShowzer
Why is it better of the two? (I ask cause I have a PS3)
the_mitch28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the_mitch28
Member since 2005 • 4684 Posts

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]

FelipeInside

Better graphics and better framerate on the 360 version, you'll find this with most multiplat release games.

Anyway RDR is probably the best game to come out this year so far, so if you were on the fence about getting a console for these types of releases then this should definitely tilt you over.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]

the_mitch28

Better graphics and better framerate on the 360 version, you'll find this with most multiplat release games.

Anyway RDR is probably the best game to come out this year so far, so if you were on the fence about getting a console for these types of releases then this should definitely tilt you over.

Better graphics on a 360? Really...cause every game I've seen it looks better on a PS3....
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GeneralShowzer
[QUOTE="the_mitch28"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Why is it better of the two? (I ask cause I have a PS3)FelipeInside

Better graphics on a 360? Really...cause every game I've seen it looks better on a PS3....

What games are that? And how do you know that it looks better if you don't own a 360? Multi-platform games often get ported from the 360 to the PS3, that's why the PS3 sometimes has lower resolution and lower AA. But most games look equal on both systems.
jpph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 jpph
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts

get a ps3 instead i reckon. anyway, i doubt it will come to pc, red dead revolver never did. either way it will be a long wait. there are a lot of good console exclusives anyway.

the_mitch28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 the_mitch28
Member since 2005 • 4684 Posts

[QUOTE="the_mitch28"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Why is it better of the two? (I ask cause I have a PS3)FelipeInside

Yeah easily, I own both but always purchase on the 360 if it's a multiplat. Plus open world games usually run better on the 360 due to not having RAM limitations like the PS3.

It seems like you've just seen the PS3 game and assumed it looks the best... as most sole PS3 owners do.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

I don't think the game is worth buying a console for... I bought it when it came out, but I really haven't played it since.

rsekmistrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rsekmistrz
Member since 2006 • 96 Posts

This game is fantastic for 35 hours or so, which is all you can really ask for. But to your question, not having a PC AND Console (360 is what I have) is really cutting yourself off from the majority of the new games. It is a new world, time to adapt, player!

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GeneralShowzer

This game is fantastic for 35 hours or so, which is all you can really ask for. But to your question, not having a PC AND Console (360 is what I have) is really cutting yourself off from the majority of the new games. It is a new world, time to adapt, player!

rsekmistrz
Having only a PC or only a console is perfectly fine.There are a lot of games that can be found on PC only, and a lot only on consoles. It depends on your tastes. It's not like you're gonna play every game ever released.
RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#35 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts

I personally don't think RDR is coming out on PC any time soon.

jack_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jack_jackass
Member since 2007 • 299 Posts

Well since the first game 'Red Dead Revolver' didn't come to PC i doubt this one will.

siddarthshetty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 siddarthshetty
Member since 2008 • 9463 Posts
I don't think RDR will be released for PC so buying a Xbox or PS3 is upto u
PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

Rockstar has released alot of the triple A titles on pc eventually so if you're thinking about buying a console just for a game i'd say wait a while to see if theres any news of a pc version.

The__MCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 The__MCP
Member since 2007 • 757 Posts

I usually wouldn't think twice about waiting for a game to come out on pc, but i'm not sure. How long did it take for GTA IV to get released on PC?

n_kors
Ignore the PC gaming snobs making fun of you because you want to buy a console for one game. True gamers play on all systems. Even though PC almost always remains my primary form of gaming, I've purchased every console out there, usually just because of yes... ONE GAME! LOL Although I honestly recommend you buy the PS3 instead of the 360 if you're purchasing for Red Dead Redemption. Only because 360 and PC have a lot of the same games. You'll get more variety with a PS3, since Sony still controls a lot of exclusives although Nintendo definitely leads the bunch.
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TerrorRizzing
[QUOTE="n_kors"]

The__MCP
Ignore the PC gaming snobs making fun of you because you want to buy a console for one game. True gamers play on all systems. Even though PC almost always remains my primary form of gaming, I've purchased every console out there, usually just because of yes... ONE GAME! LOL Although I honestly recommend you buy the PS3 instead of the 360 if you're purchasing for Red Dead Redemption. Only because 360 and PC have a lot of the same games. You'll get more variety with a PS3, since Sony still controls a lot of exclusives although Nintendo definitely leads the bunch.

true gamers? I wouldnt get any platform for just one game, unless it was a game like maybe wow that would last me 5 years..
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GeneralShowzer
[QUOTE="The__MCP"][QUOTE="n_kors"]

TerrorRizzing

true gamers? I wouldnt get any platform for just one game, unless it was a game like maybe wow that would last me 5 years..

I agree with you. I got a PS3 just for Heavy Rain. I didn't like Heavy Rain, and even if i did it's still ten hour game. Read Dead you will finish in about 30 hours, that's how long it took me. Multi-Player sucks, and i had trouble finding people on it. Unless there are more games on a 360 you are interested in playing, it's a waste of money.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="the_mitch28"]

the_mitch28

Yeah easily, I own both but always purchase on the 360 if it's a multiplat. Plus open world games usually run better on the 360 due to not having RAM limitations like the PS3.

It seems like you've just seen the PS3 game and assumed it looks the best... as most sole PS3 owners do.

I don't ASSUME anything... I was just asking cause my PS3 looks pretty good at home and I've seen the 360 at shops and it looks worse...but that of course must be due to the fact that they use low resolution TVs for the 360 at shops...
popopatrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 popopatrol
Member since 2009 • 172 Posts

RDR is an amazing game. Get the 360 along with Halo 3, GeoW 2, SC:C, AC II, Forza 3, Alan Wake, ME 2, or a huge list of great older games. Also look forward to Halo: Reach, GeoW 3, ME 3, and sports games lol

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TerrorRizzing

RDR is an amazing game. Get the 360 along with Halo 3, GeoW 2, SC:C, AC II, Forza 3, Alan Wake, ME 2, or a huge list of great older games. Also look forward to Halo: Reach, GeoW 3, ME 3, and sports games lol

popopatrol
the best ones out of those are on pc ;)
Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

To be honest, it is not good enough to buy a 360 for, altho there are many other games worth buying one for. The pc version of RDR if there is one, will be worth waiting for. I have the ps3 version and am actually bored of the game right now and dont know if I will finish it, but if a pc version came put I would buy it, I personally think this would be a better game with out hardware limitations.

Rheorin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Rheorin
Member since 2010 • 211 Posts
If you really want to play the game, sure, get the 360 or PS3. I neither want nor expect this game to come to the PC. It looks like another GTA4 to me. Rockstar are crap when it comes to porting their games to the PC anyway. Maybe they need another lesson in "game optimization".
sp1r1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sp1r1t
Member since 2004 • 153 Posts

If you already have a good PC that can run everything pretty well, then you should maybe also think about PS3. A lot of the games released for 360 are also on PC, and if they aren't on PC, they are usually both on 360 and PS3. Basically what I'm trying to say is that I'm quite sure that a combo of PS3+PC gives you a larger library of games to choose from than a combo of 360+PC.

However I wouldn't buy a console just for one exclusive game. But if you are interrested in several games that you can just get for a console, then it's a different story, or if you just prefer to play games on consoles instead of PC, I guess that's a good enough reason too.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TerrorRizzing

If you already have a good PC that can run everything pretty well, then I you should maybe also think about PS3. A lot of the games released for 360 are also on PC, and if they aren't on PC, they are usually both on 360 and PS3. Basically what I'm trying to say is that I'm quite sure that a combo of PS3+PC gives you a larger library of games to choose from than a combo of 360+PC.

However I wouldn't buy a console just for one exclusive game. But if you are interrested in several games that you can just get for a console, then it's a different story, or if you just prefer to play games on consoles instead of PC, I guess that's a good enough reason too.

sp1r1t
prefering consoles is like prefering mcdonalds lol.
popopatrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 popopatrol
Member since 2009 • 172 Posts

[QUOTE="popopatrol"]

TerrorRizzing

the best ones out of those are on pc ;)

Well i love my 360 for ubisoft games I know i just would not want to play on my pc. But yeah certain games from bioware and valve need to be played on pc, but the 360 does offer a great variety and some good exclusives. Its also nice not having to worry about compatability issues for older games you can pick up for cheap. Its also hands down a great for gaming with friends where everyone should have a mic and getting together with friends is easy.

The__MCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#50 The__MCP
Member since 2007 • 757 Posts
[QUOTE="The__MCP"][QUOTE="n_kors"]

TerrorRizzing

I bought Xbox 1 for KOTOR. (Yeah, I know it came out on PC later but it had jack mods and I couldn't wait for the delay I'm such a Bioware RPG and Star Wars fan.) I bought a PS2 for Final Fantasy 10. (Another one that was well worth the purchase, I played that game for weeks.) I bought a PS3 for Metal Gear Solid 4. (Another purchase worth it.) I bought a Wii for Super Mario Galaxy. (A lot of fun, maybe not worth it just for the system, but there were some exclusives at the time that justified it.) I bought a 360 for.... um.... actually I can't remember why I bought it. LOL I think I bought it for Mass Effect if that game game out on 360 before the PC. Xbox just feels like a "consolized" gaming PC and I'm definitely not going to buy it just to play that poor man's shooter Halo.