Risen - Dont cheat, you dont have to!

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Game-mind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Game-mind
Member since 2007 • 41 Posts

What`s up everyone?.. some interesting game there.. Ive spent the last 3 days playing it.

I might help you with some "back door" tips I have discovered so far, it`s my style of playing, I dont cheat.. but over smart the game.. to make it alot easier.

Here we go..

to kill some ogers or some mighty beasts that you cant do by yourself.. while you`re still in chapter 1, you simply just let the beast chase you untill you reach a camp full of warriors and they`ll beat the hel out of him, ofcourse there will be warriors causulties which you can take thier stuff after they`re dead, and dont worry abot the main characters, they wont die.

This process takes time but it helped me dicovering almost every part on the island.

Tip2: the most important 2 skills you should be learning first "even before strenghing up or learning weopns skills" are in order:

1- Pick lock
2- pick pocket

By killing the beasts by the way I mentionned, some places will be opnend to you that contains treasures that requires the highest picking lock skill (3), and some missions wil require fighting or pay to characters to take items from them to complete task, picking pocket will save you money and time by fighting those characters, it`ll make your way too smooth.

Another tip, try to get as much skeleton conjure scrolls as much as you can, it`s always safe to be wondering around the map with a company.. the simplest stratigy to beat any kind of beast is to make your skeleton "Fred Freddy the skeleton the pretty :D " to fight with the monster,then you coe from behind and beat the hell out of it, just like that.

Yet Another tip, when you find an Iron,Gold, Obsidian ore... do exactly as I say here:

1- save the game while you are standing infront of the ore.
2- nw work in the ore.
3- if you get only x5 of the metal ore.. just load the game you saved and start working on the ore again.
4- usually in the third time you do that you`ll get x5 of the metal + x1 of a rare diamond or crystal!

and you finally obtain it, just continue your game untill you find another ore and do the same thing again.. this way you`ll obtain as much rare crystal "anti-magic" and colored diamond as you can.. then you`ll use it to make rings and jewelery with magic effects when you get enough smithing skills.

forget about the titan armour for now, as I didnt reach it yet.. there is a mission in chapter 2 where you go searching for that mage who`e been late in the far east of the map, when you go enter a cave with a strong mage names Cyres "cool name, reminds me of Con Air movie, he`s een bald like him :D " then you`ll have to kill all the monter lizerds, the all 3 of you "you and Cyres and Fred Freddy the skeleton the pretty".. anyway after you finish the mission, dont foget to collect all the lizards swrods. then travel back to the town and meet the smith thier, the one you helped to get a break, yes this one.. you`ll show him your swords and have little chat, then you`ll tll you that with some gold and obdison metals he can make you mighty metal to make a one good sword.. and he is right! I gave him 20 obd + some gold, cant remember how much and he gave me the etal, then with a smithing skill you have you make the sword "I got a bastard sword of that kind" that has 70 damage power!! it`s really a bastard!

Later on chapter 2 (which Im playing no), I managed to find 3 pieces of some old sword..it`s a 75 two-handed sword, nice pice of art!

There is another tip regarding our friend Fred te skele, when he gets injured big time that he almost die, dont waste your healing scrolls on him, just "while you are not fighting anyothing" save the game, and then load it again.. you`ll find Freddy fresh as new. :D

I`ll continue my game now, and If I found out something new I`ll tell you. see ya!

belboz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 belboz
Member since 2003 • 1548 Posts

I may have to get this game :) . Anyway, you should try posting this kind of stuff on the Risen board.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

very good advice. You are totally correct about the pick pocketing and picking locks.

Combat is a bit tricky for me, though, so I still find myself cheating

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts
Alternately, play as a mage, don't use any skill points until you hit the monastery, and master fireball magic as quickly as possible (on 10 strength, the only difficult opponents will be Scordo and your sparring partners - and they're beatable if you're patient with a shield). The rest of the game is a total breeze after that.
StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

Alternately, play as a mage, don't use any skill points until you hit the monastery, and master fireball magic as quickly as possible (on 10 strength, the only difficult opponents will be Scordo and your sparring partners - and they're beatable if you're patient with a shield). The rest of the game is a total breeze after that.Planeforger

That's almost exactly the same strategy I've used. Sparring with swords makes for long fights, but once you get your combat magic skills, fights are a lot easier.

Jaga_Telesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 Jaga_Telesin
Member since 2006 • 431 Posts

My #1 tip when playing Risen: make a new savegame (and I mean new - totally separate one) every 20-30 minutes. The game has a lot of consequences for actions that usually are permanent. In addition, some of the quests get broken fairly easily, which means either you won't be able to finish them, or other quests they are tied to.

It is a difficult, if rewarding game. I tossed up a review of it not long ago.

Game-mind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Game-mind

Planfoger, As for choosing to be a mage advise.. do you mean to choose to be with the order and not the Don?, cause Im one of the Don`s en now, and it seems like I wont be able to open the magic "Seal" skills, or do I get to learn those skills later as one of the Don`s men?.. I like being the Mage really rather than just a fighter.

Jaga_Telesin, Saving the game often is crucial, Ive been saving the game every 2-3 minutes of game playing, I laready have like 190 saves.. but in time with too many save games it slows down the saving and loading process and soeties slowing down the game itself, so I went to my documents and to the save games folder of Risen, and I cut all the old saves and past it to a separat folder, so I can have only the last 10 saves of the game that I have have made, and dont delete the other old saves.. you might need them when you play the game again choosing another path.

Im in Chapter 3 now, entered the cave with the Inquisetor and his men, just got the map from the stupid lizards that went to hunting, and back to the group, some guy is digging a tunnel so I can conitue inside to open them the door... I think Im gona face some mighty lizard inside eh?

This game could have been the best ever if they made some things that looks like what`s in Oblivion regarding the magic skills and capabilities, I feel it`s kinda limited with magic abilities.. but in anyway you are forced to use almost all of your scroll magic to advance in the game, not like Oblivion where I didnt use like 90% of the magic abilities cause I couldnt find a reason to.

Gamerz1569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gamerz1569
Member since 2008 • 2087 Posts

Wait there are cheats? I honestly never checked gamefaqs seeing as how it was newly released. I'm enjoying it right now, I'm still in the city and coincidentally I already picked lockpick and pickpocket (I love being a thief) so money wasn't really that much of a problem. As for melee combat not really that hard once you get the hang of it.

Just wondering I'm currently a melee focused and I was thinking of going ranged at the same time, so is there enough learning points for that (currently at level 8 ) or is there enough to max 1 skill and the other side skills?

Game-mind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Game-mind

Dont worry :), there are way too much learning points to come, I guess you`ll have no problems choosing which skills you master, I think by the end of the game you might just be mastering most if not all skills, however it deends on which skills you`ll master now, you are lucky that you like being a thief :D, I do like to be the thief and Mage usually in these kind of games, a warrior comes as my third option.

You are in the City, well it`s where you`ll be choosing whether to be with the Order or to be with the Don, so before advancing I guess you should as someone what are the advantages to be with the order, as I choosed to be with the Don as they sounded like the liberal freedom fighters :D, I know get to know how to make ingredians that raises my strengh, Manaand dextery. I only use scrols for magic, but didnt open the magic "seal" skills, which I think I could have if I choosed to be with the Don, Im still not so sure.. so wait untill someone tell you about this matter.

Anyway have fun!

teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

[QUOTE="Planeforger"]Alternately, play as a mage, don't use any skill points until you hit the monastery, and master fireball magic as quickly as possible (on 10 strength, the only difficult opponents will be Scordo and your sparring partners - and they're beatable if you're patient with a shield). The rest of the game is a total breeze after that.StrawberryHill

That's almost exactly the same strategy I've used. Sparring with swords makes for long fights, but once you get your combat magic skills, fights are a lot easier.

I'm taking my time on my way to become a mage, and currently still a guy with only 3 stars in swordfighting-->cleared a whole ruin of Skeletons and a Ghoul with a skullsplitter and a wooden shield is quite fun.

still in Harbor town now (being sidetracked by some quick NBA 2K10 matches...), and I guess bandit, order, and mage are three different paths; in addition to my self being an arcane mania, the way I'm role-playing it, mage will be the way to go.

currently I'm enjoying the game, however, whether this game is going to be a great rather than just solid RPG for me, would depend upon how well the role-playing thing comes through in the end.

btw, this thread seems to be a cross-over from other forums? I've only seen one cheats related thread here since the game released.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Planeforger

Planfoger, As for choosing to be a mage advise.. do you mean to choose to be with the order and not the Don?, cause Im one of the Don`s en now, and it seems like I wont be able to open the magic "Seal" skills, or do I get to learn those skills later as one of the Don`s men?.. I like being the Mage really rather than just a fighter.

Game-mind

You have to take the Order path to become a proper mage, but first you've got to help out the mages in harbour town to get their recommendation (otherwise you're forced to become a Warrior of the Order).

I don't think that the Don's men get the seal ability - you might be able to learn offensive spells from the mages later in the game, but all of your utility spells will have to rely on scrolls, not runes. At least you'll be able to learn how to write more scrolls, which is handy.

Game-mind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Game-mind

I see now, though Ive finished all the Hardbour town missions expect for one which is finding the spy, I dont get to know how to find a clue so far, is this mission related to helping the mage in te town, cause I dont have any other missions for the town.

Anway, Ive learned to make the scrols alright, however there are scrolls that I found in the ruins with the lizards preists whcih can make me transfer into an ashbeast or the other one where I can rain fire on te enemy, I cant make those kind of scrolls, so do you think I`ll be able to write such one later on the game?

Thanks for your help.

RageGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 RageGT
Member since 2003 • 467 Posts

A few tips from the Risen board that I thought would add to this topic:

instead of clicking as fast as you can to attack, the closer you can time your clicks as you strike an opponent the faster your next strike will be. If done properly, you can get those 3 hit combos of on npc's that would normally just block you after one strike.

---
Kuma 7750BE @3ghz(hopefully 3.4 before I get my new daneb) - 4gig DDR2 800 - 9800GTX+ (ver2)alphamanishigh

...timing the left clicking on your mouse makes your combo attacks super fast and mastering the art of dodging can let you take opponents way tougher than you...RageGT

- Eggs and Apples can give a max of +5 STR, combined... but eggs will always give a little XP

- Jumping is way faster travelling system than regular running... when you have a ghoul chasing after you, it's a life saver... although it looks like a child playing toy horse with a broom stick.

- Using Party member to help you clear some small portion of the area until they leave the party after you followed them to the destination is very helpful at early game and means some good extra XP and awesome loot for a low level. (Like following Jan to the Novice's farm first, then to the Swamp, leave him waiting half way and bait the nearby animals until Jan attacks them. Of course you have to fight well too not to die and keep him alive. Those skeletons at the cemetery on the way to the swamp can kill him fast if you don't help him.

- In a particular quest, you can use a party of up to 6 fighters from the swamp to clear everything from Rhobart's farm up to the skeleton ruins in the west coast by using the same tactics as above. I'd suggest not killing Rudolf, only the novices/warriors (have the party wait near the goblins camp fire and lure them) as you may choose a path other than the Don's and if you clear that ruin, don't talk to any of the party or they'll dismiss. You can always save Rudolf for after clearing the West coast ruins.

- Fred rules! If you find a summon skeleton scroll early, use it. I had Fred with me from low level to lvl 21 (in my 4th run then I restarted the game after chapter 2.. was just testing a few things) and if you fight well and have some power (STR/SKILL) and keep him "alive" (since he's an undead), you can take down Ghouls, Ogres and Ashbeasts way sooner than you'd be able to alone. You can even enter Harbor Town and he'll be waiting when you leave, or he'll find you. (If you use transformation or levitation scrolls, he'll be on waiting mode and you'll have to find him to make him join you again... or use another scroll).

- If you want to try different looks for your char, use the console to give him different armors. I did it in my 4th run, keeping the equivalent bonus protection as I hate cheating. (e.g. Town Guard armor has the same values as Hunter Armor, Don's has the same as Captain or the equivalents of the other faction)

- Even if you clear the far Northeast ruins, don't kill the Gyger on chapter one if you want follow a consistent quest line. Only after Severin tells you about the myth of Gyger, which happens early in chapter 2, you can have the hunter near the bridge ask you to help him.

RageGT

I myself love the combat system... I think I mastered it... killing a wild boar at level 2 without getting hit is an art... and a cool one too... or defeating Brogar at level 6 (without spending a single LP at that time, saving it for a Mage build... I'm on my 5th run thru the game (many different approaches),RageGT

... and every time I love it more... best game since Gothic 2, imho. Pitty it is a bit short after chapter 1, where I spent about half of total game time and finish it usually at level 19... (about 30 hours for chapter one alone and some more 25-30 for chapters 2,3,4 combined)

With a proper built, a skilled swordsman can defeat Ghouls at level 7-9, Ogres at level 12-13 and Ashbeasts at level 15-18, without risking non-partied NPC to getting the killing blow and thus stealing a rewarding XP...

Mages that got to that rank before spending any LP but on required skills to become one can have max fireball at very low level and kill all of them a lot sooner too... very cool gameplay but I am more of a swordsman myself... I love having 200 STR and "mo'power" and it is still challenging, way more than for a mage.

Game-mind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Game-mind

btw, this thread seems to be a cross-over from other forums? I've only seen one cheats related thread here since the game released.

teardropmina

I dont know if there are any cheats for the game, I thought I saw some ppl`s posts about trying to use cheats.. this game is so much fun already without using cheats, even the hardest parts has it`s own way to defeat, maybe in indirect methods as I explained.

Game-mind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Game-mind

A few tips from the Risen board that I thought would add to this topic:

... and every time I love it more... best game since Gothic 2, imho. Pitty it is a bit short after chapter 1, where I spent about half of total game time and finish it usually at level 19... (about 30 hours for chapter one alone and some more 25-30 for chapters 2,3,4 combined)

With a proper built, a skilled swordsman can defeat Ghouls at level 7-9, Ogres at level 12-13 and Ashbeasts at level 15-18, without risking non-partied NPC to getting the killing blow and thus stealing a rewarding XP...

Mages that got to that rank before spending any LP but on required skills to become one can have max fireball at very low level and kill all of them a lot sooner too... very cool gameplay but I am more of a swordsman myself... I love having 200 STR and "mo'power" and it is still challenging, way more than for a mage.

RageGT

Great game indeed! thanks for the tips! I googled the Risen board and found German board in the official website, so I thought to post this thread here since I couldnt find the English board. :D

btw "Ghoul"is an arabic spellwhich means :boogyman :D .. funny guys who designed this game really.

I killed an Ashbeast in an early level with a crossbow, I was down some hill and I spotted on a distance and I started shooting at him and he could reach e and just standed overthere watching me.. it took me like 30 bows to ill him but I eventualy did :D, every game is full with flaws you get to discover them when you play for long time.

I even killed the 2 ghouls in the volcano keep "behind the Don`s keep" in level 1! I just ran past the Don`s men and enetered the cave insid and the did not follow me, then I was freaked to see those Ghouls inside, so I stod over a top spot and started shooting them with the bows and they couldnt reach me up, so I basically killed 2 Ghouls in level one :D

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Planeforger

I see now, though Ive finished all the Hardbour town missions expect for one which is finding the spy, I dont get to know how to find a clue so far, is this mission related to helping the mage in te town, cause I dont have any other missions for the town.

Anway, Ive learned to make the scrols alright, however there are scrolls that I found in the ruins with the lizards preists whcih can make me transfer into an ashbeast or the other one where I can rain fire on te enemy, I cant make those kind of scrolls, so do you think I`ll be able to write such one later on the game?

Game-mind

I can't remember how I finished the spy quest - I think I just walked into the rented rooms above that shop and found him there.

As for scrolls, I'm not sure how to write higher level ones (mages can just use runes to cast spells). If you have the rune for those spells in your backpack, you might be able to write scrolls for them, but they're hidden in dungeons and locations all over the island.

RageGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RageGT

Thanks for your help.

Game-mind

- If you talked to all 3 guys who got robbed, you'll notice that only one person had been visiting all 3 in that day...

- Yes, you'll find runes for Inferno and Ashbeast transformation later in game. Ashbeast one is tricky to spot and you might want to search in the Risen board for its exact location if you want to.

teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 teardropmina

[QUOTE="Game-mind"]

I see now, though Ive finished all the Hardbour town missions expect for one which is finding the spy, I dont get to know how to find a clue so far

Planeforger

I can't remember how I finished the spy quest - I think I just walked into the rented rooms above that shop and found him there.

talk to all the people whom are being seen at the crime scenes, and on your log you'll see there's only one who's in all three scenes. the confession conversation should be triggered only if you've talked to all three suspects...if not, that should be counted as a bug.

Game-mind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Game-mind

I have already made everthing you guys say, still the guard who told me to investigate refuses to speak to me, last time I talked to him he told me that I need to find a clue or enough evidence.. maybe I`ll try to fix this problem later, I`ll continue invading the lizerds cave with the the inquistor and his men for now.. see you in have a day or something.. :)

teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 teardropmina

I have already made everthing you guys say, still the guard who told me to investigate refuses to speak to me, last time I talked to him he told me that I need to find a clue or enough evidence.. maybe I`ll try to fix this problem later, I`ll continue invading the lizerds cave with the the inquistor and his men for now.. see you in have a day or something.. :)

Game-mind

you need to talk to that one guy who's shown in every crime scene first and then you can finish the quest (or not).

anyway, have fun in the cave.

Gamerz1569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gamerz1569

Just checked gamefaqs and played around with the cheats :D (hopefully I don't get tempted to use them I want to play fair first). Just wondering how do I get Titan armor? It seemed to be the best of the best, is it found or smithed?

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Planeforger
Titan armour is found during the questline for Chapter 4 - you won't be able to break through to it or use it until that chapter.
RageGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RageGT

OIC, you're already in chapter 3 or 4...

You don't have to talk to Ramirez... you have to talk to Cid, say that you found his spy... you can do this before talking to the spy or not... you can also go directly to Costa's hotel and talk to Doyle, who is the spy and pressure him into confession and then choose if you tell him to surrender to the Order (for the Order) or disappear (For the Don) - either kill him or tell him to get out of town ... then talk to Cid or Ramirez to complete the quest...

But since you already chose your path, I don't know if the quest is still open... it might... and if you do all Harbor Town faction quests for the same side, there is also a bonus XP when you receive the message The Order controls the whole town or The Don controls the whole town ... thus it is not good to mix those quests doing 3/4 for one side and the rest for the other side...

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 StrawberryHill

[QUOTE="Game-mind"]

Planeforger

Yeah, the spy is[spoiler] in a bed in the rented room above Costas' place. [/spoiler] Before finding him, however, you have to question all of the people indicated in the quest log.

What a great game this is. I did the Harbour Town quests, and then the Monastery quests and was starting to get a little bored. Once you start exploring the world, however, the game really opens up. It's a great world to explore in.

JTWibble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JTWibble
Member since 2006 • 823 Posts

I've stopped playing it, the quests are very annoying, you have little direction given, I have to go around talking to every single NPC, going through every dialog option to get a quest advanced.

Berserker1_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 Berserker1_5
Member since 2007 • 1967 Posts

People should not cheat on Risen because they don't have money. It's very easy to make money in that game, and it's even easier to play without using half of the amount you earn. My fist play through I had well over 20,000. I almost never bought potions, equipment, or anything like that. Why? Because the game is clearly inbalanced.

For starters, using Pick Pocket, or Lock, you can easily make money,
if that's not bad enough, we have the ability to charge our attacks. All you have to do is dash, then charger, and repeat. NO monsters beats you this way. What's worse is that you can get this ability the minute you enter the swamp(beginning of game).
Potions are handed to you by quest, stealing, and looting.
One of the best swords, axes are free if you can forge then together.

This means you only need about 3 skills on crafting, 1 on ore collecting, and 3 on both Pick Pocket and locks. Everything else is a plus.

The only thing that's hard to do is the last mission to obtain certain amount of items. The puzzles in that game can be very very buggy. I was forced to use a cheat or start all over.

Game-mind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Game-mind

The damn Inquisitor left me in the cave and ran inside and left his en to kill me, I was right not to join the order, the Don is cool "so far".

Now I`ll be heading to every ruin to collect the armour, Ive already cleaned the volcano keep from the lizards, funny that I have more than 120 lizard swords now.. I usually dont sell the stuff I collect, I think maybe there will be a quest later where someone will ask me to get him 10 of that or 20 of these if you know what I mean, I dont have to sell anything really, there is no "burden" like the Oblivion game, so I can carry mountains of objects withot worrying, plus I already have plenty of money.

What I really like about the character is that he is cool, not classic ancientslow-motion talkerlike the Don or the Inquisitor or the mages, and he is funny cool hommie gangster that tries to reflect the "player`s" thoughtsin the situations, specially thehard ones. 8), he isnt mr prince the savior like, he is just a normal guy, you know.

OIC, you're already in chapter 3 or 4...

You don't have to talk to Ramirez... you have to talk to Cid, say that you found his spy... you can do this before talking to the spy or not... you can also go directly to Costa's hotel and talk to Doyle, who is the spy and pressure him into confession and then choose if you tell him to surrender to the Order (for the Order) or disappear (For the Don) - either kill him or tell him to get out of town ... then talk to Cid or Ramirez to complete the quest...

But since you already chose your path, I don't know if the quest is still open... it might... and if you do all Harbor Town faction quests for the same side, there is also a bonus XP when you receive the message The Order controls the whole town or The Don controls the whole town ... thus it is not good to mix those quests doing 3/4 for one side and the rest for the other side...

RageGT

Truth is I cant find that guy, maybe he is amoung the many ppl Ive murdered.. who knows.

RageGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RageGT

The damn Inquisitor left me in the cave and ran inside and left his en to kill me, I was right not to join the order, the Don is cool "so far".

Game-mind

Heh, I felt the same way on my first run. But it is definitely worth a few replays with different paths and you'll see that nobody actually likes that guy! There is also a way to join both the Order and The Don, which I'm going to try as I'm in my 5th run thru the game (Risen forum explains how)

As an old fan of Gothic series, I agree with one sentence of Gamespot's review:

"Risen will grow on you, and when it does, you may very well be hooked."(and it did deserve a better score too)

As for the quest, Doyle stays in upstairs room in Costa's hotel for the whole duration of the game... did you murder people in Harbor Town or just knocked them down? Bad business to kill the golden egg chicken... Delgado tells you that right when you enter the town, if you accept to do that little job for him... hehe

Revan_911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 Revan_911
Member since 2007 • 1709 Posts

I finished the game today and i didn't even think of cheating. Why would anyone cheat is beyond me.

Game-mind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Game-mind

As for the quest, Doyle stays in upstairs room in Costa's hotel for the whole duration of the game... did you murder people in Harbor Town or just knocked them down? Bad business to kill the golden egg chicken... Delgado tells you that right when you enter the town, if you accept to do that little job for him... hehe

RageGT

This mission was canceled now after the Dom has taken charge of the town again.. first time I killed a character it was accidently, I actully didnt know that I can kill someone, only knocking them down, when I accidently pressed the mouse click after someone was knocked down I killed him.. I had a laugh on it really.

The easist way that allowed me to finish the Bandit Camp mission early in the game is to bring the Ogre up north by making him chasing me, he took care of all the warriors including that bully guy who is that last warrior I was suppose to fight to take the golden piece of sword the Don was searching for..and that`s how I managed to meet theDon tooearly in the game.. however I discovered that some characters who should be teaching me skills were dead too.. anyway I found in the city alternatives to teach me.

vertex68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 vertex68
Member since 2008 • 206 Posts

Why cheat at all?

What exactly is the point of playing the game if you are cheating to get through it?

I can see it as useful to get past a bug or perhaps for giggles after you have beaten the game...but that wouldn't keep me entertained for more than a few minutes.

Game-mind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Game-mind

Why cheat at all?

What exactly is the point of playing the game if you are cheating to get through it?

I can see it as useful to get past a bug or perhaps for giggles after you have beaten the game...but that wouldn't keep me entertained for more than a few minutes.

vertex68

Yeah exactly, it feels totally awsome when you finish a game without using any cheats.. when I find a game that I really like, like Risen, I play it fair and square untill I finish the game, then if I intended to play it again, I might give it a try using some cheats, but with less excited games I would use some cheats to finish the game ASAP.. caue if I started playing some game I always aim to finish it, some games become boring in the middle that you dont want to continue, that`s when cheating could become a way to make more exciting, and just to finish the game to start another.

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 StrawberryHill

There is another tip regarding our friend Fred te skele, when he gets injured big time that he almost die, dont waste your healing scrolls on him, just "while you are not fighting anyothing" save the game, and then load it again.. you`ll find Freddy fresh as new. :D

Game-mind

That's an awesome little tip. I haven't used quicksave in the game until just now (chapter 3), and it works exactly as described: an immortal Freddy. Thanks for the tip, because my character was getting his @ss handed to him.

Gamerz1569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Gamerz1569

Having a lot of fun with Risen unfortunately I don't have the time to play as much as I like. I have a couple of questions, where can I find teleport stones? I have one for the monastary but I'm looking for the Don's camp and Harbour time teleport stones,

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 StrawberryHill

Having a lot of fun with Risen unfortunately I don't have the time to play as much as I like. I have a couple of questions, where can I find teleport stones? I have one for the monastary but I'm looking for the Don's camp and Harbour time teleport stones,

Gamerz1569

If you go to the Don's camp and accept a quest to check on some people in the Eastern temple, either the Don or Fincher will give you a teleport stone to the bandit camp. I received this quest in chapter 2. If you just travel around and take out some lizard men, they will often drop teleport stones for the area in which you kill them. For example, I found a couple of lizard men near the Southern ruins on my way to Harbour Town. One of them dropped a teleport stone for the Southern ruins. This happened during chapter 2, as well. I don't know that there is a teleport stone for the town. If there is, I haven't found it.

Game-mind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Game-mind

[QUOTE="Game-mind"]

StrawberryHill

That's an awesome little tip. I haven't used quicksave in the game until just now (chapter 3), and it works exactly as described: an immortal Freddy. Thanks for the tip, because my character was getting his @ss handed to him.

You are most welcome ;), I actuly discovered it accidentally .. hehe.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Planeforger

[QUOTE="Gamerz1569"]

StrawberryHill

If you go to the Don's camp and accept a quest to check on some people in the Eastern temple, either the Don or Fincher will give you a teleport stone to the bandit camp. I received this quest in chapter 2. If you just travel around and take out some lizard men, they will often drop teleport stones for the area in which you kill them. For example, I found a couple of lizard men near the Southern ruins on my way to Harbour Town. One of them dropped a teleport stone for the Southern ruins. This happened during chapter 2, as well. I don't know that there is a teleport stone for the town. If there is, I haven't found it.

Yeah, lizardmen hold most of the teleport stones in the game, and I think the local leaders of the towns hold the rest (the Don. the Inquisitor and the Commander).

RageGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RageGT

You don't need to reload to heal Fred... (and it might be considered cheating by some purists) ... just like any NPC and monster in the game, when you leave area of sight of them, they'll heal to full health... (like when you injured an ashbeast with a bolt and then ran for you life... the beast stops chasing you and heals when you're out of sight) ... so I just order Fred to wait and go around a bit, fighting or gathering plants, ore, whatever and when I meet him again, he's at 1005 health... or I just use healing scrolls, which have area effect for party members... there are plenty of them and I never use for myself anyway...

Game-mind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Game-mind

You don't need to reload to heal Fred... (and it might be considered cheating by some purists) ... just like any NPC and monster in the game, when you leave area of sight of them, they'll heal to full health... (like when you injured an ashbeast with a bolt and then ran for you life... the beast stops chasing you and heals when you're out of sight) ... so I just order Fred to wait and go around a bit, fighting or gathering plants, ore, whatever and when I meet him again, he's at 1005 health... or I just use healing scrolls, which have area effect for party members... there are plenty of them and I never use for myself anyway...

RageGT

Howcome? it`s a flaw in the game itself which is the programers mistake.. discovering it and taking advantage is not cheating.. it`s a part of mastering the game, the same as the ore prospecting tip Ive mentionned,it`s not like typing words of cheatsto gain more power or get weapons.

Anyway, Im stuck in the cave in the far west.. where I`m supposed to get the armour, I killed everything in the cave before the quest itself early in the game, but the problem is Im stuck at a huge gate that I cant open, behind that gate there are 2 undead ashbeasts "that I already killed by crossbow from behind the gate" but Im now got bored wondering around trying to open that gate, Ive already opened the 2 walls surrounding the gate.

I would find it out eventually, but some help would get it done earlier I guess.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#41 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

I've stopped playing it, the quests are very annoying, you have little direction given, I have to go around talking to every single NPC, going through every dialog option to get a quest advanced.

JTWibble
I'm not sure exactly what you mean. there is a quest map that points you directly to your next objective in the quest, and NPC's won't have anything new to say unless you're doing a quest, so talking to them takes a few seconds.
RageGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 RageGT

Anyway, Im stuck in the cave in the far west.. where I`m supposed to get the armour, I killed everything in the cave before the quest itself early in the game, but the problem is Im stuck at a huge gate that I cant open, behind that gate there are 2 undead ashbeasts "that I already killed by crossbow from behind the gate" but Im now got bored wondering around trying to open that gate, Ive already opened the 2 walls surrounding the gate.

I would find it out eventually, but some help would get it done earlier I guess.

Game-mind

If you mean the waterfall cave , there is one switch that opens 3 stone doors, one at a time right? in one of those doors, to the right side of the bridge, there's a crack on the wall and thru there you gotta shoot a bolt or an arrow on the switch, the other side of the lava... it's a no magic area so you can't levitate there... following the bridge there's another switch that opens the big grate in the switch room.

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 StrawberryHill

[QUOTE="StrawberryHill"]

[QUOTE="Gamerz1569"]

Planeforger

Yeah, lizardmen hold most of the teleport stones in the game, and I think the local leaders of the towns hold the rest (the Don. the Inquisitor and the Commander).

True. And, @Gamerz1569, I just received a teleport stone for Harbour Town from Carlos in chapter 4.

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 StrawberryHill

A couple of other things about the game, which I discovered just messing around. These are completely useless, but...

At the very beginning of the game, if you walk out to sea far enough, a huge worm-like creature jumps out of the sea and instantly kills you. Also, I jumped from the monastery cliff ledge facing the east coast, just to see if if there was a bug that allowed your character to survive the fall. I found there's no bug, but if you fall all the way to the ground, you die and obtain AP 10, IDIOT. :P

Game-mind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Game-mind

A couple of other things about the game, which I discovered just messing around. These are completely useless, but...

At the very beginning of the game, if you walk out to sea far enough, a huge worm-like creature jumps out of the sea and instantly kills you. Also, I jumped from the monastery cliff ledge facing the east coast, just to see if if there was a bug that allowed your character to survive the fall. I found there's no bug, but if you fall all the way to the ground, you die and obtain AP 10, IDIOT. :P

StrawberryHill

hahaha. I did the exactly same things you did.. falling was lots of fun really :D, but I dont think the huge monster kills you, it just throws you to the beach again.

If you mean the waterfall cave , there is one switch that opens 3 stone doors, one at a time right? in one of those doors, to the right side of the bridge, there's a crack on the wall and thru there you gotta shoot a bolt or an arrow on the switch, the other side of the lava... it's a no magic area so you can't levitate there... following the bridge there's another switch that opens the big grate in the switch room.RageGT

Yeah, I`ve alreadyhit that switch on the rigt side of the wall in the lava area right side of the bridge, but it didnt open the huge bridge it just opened the rsmall gate on the right hand. and I found just some stuff in a treasure box in there, Im still searching for the other switch that opens that huge bridge, cant find it.. or cant see it.

Game-mind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Game-mind
Ok, found it, got that shoe amour.. thing, now to the last temple, they are just trying to play tricky putting silly puzzles in the runes like that ones in Tomb raider, but hardly that hard though.. just found a preist`s brust in the seeling.. pretty smart.
Game-mind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Game-mind

Finally, Mankind has RISEN!

Not a bad game, though the "boss" was alittle bit classic, also you dont get to continue play freely after you finish the game, howeveryou can restart and make different choices.

Great game..what`s next?

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 StrawberryHill

Not a bad game, though the "boss" was alittle bit classic, also you dont get to continue play freely after you finish the game, howeveryou can restart and make different choices.

Great game..what`s next?

Game-mind

I'm at the point where I have to fight the Titan, as well. I guess I'll play Morrowind or Silent Hill 2 until Dragon Age comes out.

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 StrawberryHill

Great game..what`s next?

Game-mind

@Game-mind: Did you listen to the dialogue after all the credits finished?

[spoiler] There will probably be a sequel. [/spoiler]

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#50 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
What NPC will teach me prospecting at the Northern Camp?