Predict the Score: FEAR 2

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Amigro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 Amigro
Member since 2003 • 737 Posts

[QUOTE="EndersAres"]7. Hopefully this time it won't get a free ride because of the gunplay.prlyknitswtr
BINGO! FEAR was good as far as graphics, AI, and gun play go. But the story was weak and NOT being able to aim down the sights was kind of a let down. I dont think its fair to be judging FEAR 2 based on the demo since there is a lot we dont know about the game. It could have a solid story this time around and HOPEFULLY more interaction with other characters and maybe a little back story on the protagonist. I think the gun play is better in FEAR 2 compared to the original, and the film grain adds a nice effect to the overall graphics. There are a couple things i dont like about the demo, one being that you cannot map button 4 or 5 on a gaming mouse. im pretty sure thats just the demo but lets hope so. and i wasnt able to use health packs, dunno if that happened to anyone else but the default "z" wasnt working for some reason. Then there is the HUD, which everyone seems to be complaining about, i liked it, but did anyone notice that it looks like fisheye lense? Like if you move the mouse left or right, the image stretches in the direction you're rotating. I noticed it anyway but i have a 4:3 monitor so maybe thats why.

I thought I had an issue with the healthpacks at first as well, but realized that the bar which I originally thought was my health is actually the armor. It's a bit misleading, but the healthpacks should work fine. I also feel ya on the mouse button 4 and 5.

I think it will get a 8.5 on GS, I am hovering around 7.5 - 8. The game felt more simplified then the original. Also, it seemed kinda flashy how the armor glowed on the enemies (GoW 2 anyone?). I also didn't like the mech action, I love mechs, but they shouldn't have too much of a place in a FEAR game imo. Fighting AGAINST one was kinda cool, but only since it was rare. FEAR to me was more about the creepy running by yourself and open to attacks from any side in a way dark corridor. Not being in a 3 ton heavily armored machine....

Either way, I will probably be picking up the game, it seems to be pretty entertaining. Maybe when it goes down in price a bit for the PC.

Naikori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Naikori
Member since 2008 • 565 Posts

I think GS will give it a 8.0 or 8.5

dinuattila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 dinuattila
Member since 2005 • 1355 Posts
Maybe something between 8-8.5, not more if you ask me.
explasiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 explasiv
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts
it will get 8.0
prlyknitswtr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 prlyknitswtr
Member since 2008 • 140 Posts

[QUOTE="prlyknitswtr"][QUOTE="EndersAres"]7. Hopefully this time it won't get a free ride because of the gunplay.Amigro

BINGO! FEAR was good as far as graphics, AI, and gun play go. But the story was weak and NOT being able to aim down the sights was kind of a let down. I dont think its fair to be judging FEAR 2 based on the demo since there is a lot we dont know about the game. It could have a solid story this time around and HOPEFULLY more interaction with other characters and maybe a little back story on the protagonist. I think the gun play is better in FEAR 2 compared to the original, and the film grain adds a nice effect to the overall graphics. There are a couple things i dont like about the demo, one being that you cannot map button 4 or 5 on a gaming mouse. im pretty sure thats just the demo but lets hope so. and i wasnt able to use health packs, dunno if that happened to anyone else but the default "z" wasnt working for some reason. Then there is the HUD, which everyone seems to be complaining about, i liked it, but did anyone notice that it looks like fisheye lense? Like if you move the mouse left or right, the image stretches in the direction you're rotating. I noticed it anyway but i have a 4:3 monitor so maybe thats why.

I thought I had an issue with the healthpacks at first as well, but realized that the bar which I originally thought was my health is actually the armor. It's a bit misleading, but the healthpacks should work fine. I also feel ya on the mouse button 4 and 5.

I think it will get a 8.5 on GS, I am hovering around 7.5 - 8. The game felt more simplified then the original. Also, it seemed kinda flashy how the armor glowed on the enemies (GoW 2 anyone?). I also didn't like the mech action, I love mechs, but they shouldn't have too much of a place in a FEAR game imo. Fighting AGAINST one was kinda cool, but only since it was rare. FEAR to me was more about the creepy running by yourself and open to attacks from any side in a way dark corridor. Not being in a 3 ton heavily armored machine....

Either way, I will probably be picking up the game, it seems to be pretty entertaining. Maybe when it goes down in price a bit for the PC.

The school area was pretty scary like the original FEAR. But the bottom line is WE HAVE NOT SEEN THE ENTIRE GAME. We have no idea how long the game is or what type or areas the game will travel to. Judging from the very beginning of the demo, the designers were all over the place with the scenery.
payne6705

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#56 payne6705
Member since 2006 • 1145 Posts
you know originally I was gonna ignore this game causethe 1st game was ok nothing great but it was scary...but after the demo of Fear 2 it is awesome!!!!!I will predict that it will get 8 or 9 it deff snuck up on people
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Judging from the very beginning of the demo, the designers were all over the place with the scenery.prlyknitswtr

It's made of parts from multiple levels, like the first game's demo.

Jekken6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 Jekken6
Member since 2008 • 2642 Posts
9 at the highest
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#59 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
[QUOTE="Amigro"]

[QUOTE="prlyknitswtr"] BINGO! FEAR was good as far as graphics, AI, and gun play go. But the story was weak and NOT being able to aim down the sights was kind of a let down. I dont think its fair to be judging FEAR 2 based on the demo since there is a lot we dont know about the game. It could have a solid story this time around and HOPEFULLY more interaction with other characters and maybe a little back story on the protagonist. I think the gun play is better in FEAR 2 compared to the original, and the film grain adds a nice effect to the overall graphics. There are a couple things i dont like about the demo, one being that you cannot map button 4 or 5 on a gaming mouse. im pretty sure thats just the demo but lets hope so. and i wasnt able to use health packs, dunno if that happened to anyone else but the default "z" wasnt working for some reason. Then there is the HUD, which everyone seems to be complaining about, i liked it, but did anyone notice that it looks like fisheye lense? Like if you move the mouse left or right, the image stretches in the direction you're rotating. I noticed it anyway but i have a 4:3 monitor so maybe thats why.prlyknitswtr

The school area was pretty scary like the original FEAR. But the bottom line is WE HAVE NOT SEEN THE ENTIRE GAME. We have no idea how long the game is or what type or areas the game will travel to. Judging from the very beginning of the demo, the designers were all over the place with the scenery.

You still get a sense of what you are going to be in for in terms of AI and the feel of the weaponry. A lot of that stuff isn't going to change. I just hope they take more chances beyond "push this button to open door" - like those "puzzles" in FEAR were almost insulting. Hello? We've moved on from Quake a long time ago.
iki080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 iki080
Member since 2008 • 1085 Posts
8.5 for sure
drnick7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 drnick7
Member since 2004 • 995 Posts
NotNOLF3/10.
BlueBirdTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 BlueBirdTS
Member since 2005 • 6403 Posts
fivex84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 fivex84
Member since 2006 • 1216 Posts
Curlyfrii87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 Curlyfrii87
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts
8.0 - 8.5
BlueBirdTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 BlueBirdTS
Member since 2005 • 6403 Posts

NotNOLF3/10.drnick7

:lol: Best answer so far.

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#66 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
8.5-9.0
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#67 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
Helbrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Helbrec
Member since 2008 • 1325 Posts
8 or 8.5
artistry_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 artistry_
Member since 2004 • 488 Posts

Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#70 Hellboard
Member since 2008 • 2429 Posts
[QUOTE="Hellboard"][QUOTE="DanielDust"]From 8 to 9, but I myself don't give it more than 8.MadCat46
if it gets a 9 ill make a bashful review.....

Now are you actually going to go out and buy the game to make your review or just base the review off the demo.

ill get the game...when it gets cheap,, but if the review start talking crap eg advanced graphics.....
Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Hellboard

[QUOTE="drnick7"]NotNOLF3/10.BlueBirdTS

:lol: Best answer so far.

for me its around there :lol:
dos4gw82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 dos4gw82
Member since 2006 • 1896 Posts
I predict that Gamespot will give the 360 version an 8.8, but give the PC version an 8.0 because "it won't run well on every PC." :roll:
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 biggest_loser
I predict that Gamespot will give the 360 version an 8.8, but give the PC version an 8.0 because "it won't run well on every PC." :roll:dos4gw82
Has to be rounded up or down.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#74 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]

Evening gents, I hope you're all bright eyed busy tailed after Australia Day yesterday.

Now, ahem, I would like people to guess what score FEAR 2 will get on Gamespot and what you think it deserves.

I think the game will get 8.5+ on Gamespot given the first game got 9.1 (I can't believe its a point under HL2 but that just my 2 cents).

EDIT: The person who gets the correct score will be showered in glory. And you will also be treated to my very own brand of frosty chocolate ice-cream.

8.5, I think Half life 2 got the score it deserve, its a tad overated in my books.
Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Hellboard
[QUOTE="wizdom"][QUOTE="biggest_loser"]

Evening gents, I hope you're all bright eyed busy tailed after Australia Day yesterday.

Now, ahem, I would like people to guess what score FEAR 2 will get on Gamespot and what you think it deserves.

I think the game will get 8.5+ on Gamespot given the first game got 9.1 (I can't believe its a point under HL2 but that just my 2 cents).

EDIT: The person who gets the correct score will be showered in glory. And you will also be treated to my very own brand of frosty chocolate ice-cream.

8.5, I think Half life 2 got the score it deserve, its a tad overated in my books.

i agree but at least its polished unlike ea games or rockstar....:roll:
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts

Tried the fear 2 demo on the 360 yesterday. I loved Fear 1, great game, but fear 2 made me wanna play fear 1 again instead of playing the full version of fear 2!

Felt like fear light :)

And yeah, nice one with the nolf comment ;)

I really hope fear 2 bombs and maybe there is a chance that monolith will make nolf 3. Those games were some of the best fps games ive ever played.

MadCat46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 MadCat46
Member since 2004 • 1494 Posts
Well if it bombs you may never get another game from Monolith again. You have a bad game in a bad economy and it bombs, well could get cut out by WBI. Seriously though, is there so little faith in one of the best FPS developers around?
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 mimic-Denmark

I really dont think monolith will go out of business if Fear 2 bombs.

And yeah, monolith is one of the best fps developers. I just liked AvP 2, Nolf 1 and 2 and Tron 2.0 way more then I ever liked Fear 1.

MadCat46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 MadCat46
Not many people thought Free Radical would fold after that Haze debacle especially with a huge money maker like Battlefront 3 in the works, same can be said for Ensemble. You spend millions and millions of dollars producing a AAA title and you don't get results. Doesn't take much to ruin a game company these days, even high profile ones like Monolith.
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 mimic-Denmark

Previous monolith games was sadly not games that made monolith super rich! :) But those prior games put together would have made a revenue enough for monolith to have a stable future as a game developer. Id and valve are companies that also woundt go down if they made a game that didnt sell well now.

teh_werry_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#81 teh_werry_man
Member since 2006 • 479 Posts
8.5, unless VanOrd reviews it, then its unpredictable. From me, I give the demo a 9.0
MadCat46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 MadCat46

Previous monolith games was sadly not games that made monolith super rich! :) But those prior games put together would have made a revenue enough for monolith to have a stable future as a game developer. Id and valve are companies that also woundt go down if they made a game that didnt sell well now.

mimic-Denmark
Maybe, honestly I don't have a solid figure for the cost of FEAR 2 and really that's what it would come down to. I don't know, just don't like seeing games fail from good companies, especially one whose made so many of my favorite games. Agree with that last part though, Blizzard, Valve, Relic, Infinity Ward are all swimming in pools filled with $100 bills, they are pretty much untouchable even with a disaster of a game.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 biggest_loser
[QUOTE="teh_werry_man"]8.5, unless VanOrd reviews it, then its unpredictable. From me, I give the demo a 9.0

Who are the other critics? Isn't VanOrd the only guy for PC? Or the main guy...
Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Hellboard
[QUOTE="biggest_loser"][QUOTE="teh_werry_man"]8.5, unless VanOrd reviews it, then its unpredictable. From me, I give the demo a 9.0

he reviews a lot lately...
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 biggest_loser
[QUOTE="teh_werry_man"]8.5, unless VanOrd reviews it, then its unpredictable. From me, I give the demo a 9.0

I might have to try it afterall.
pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#86 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts
im gonna throw this out here... a 9.0
swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#87 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts

I think it's going to get 6.5-7.5 range.

It's just another FPS that fails at being scary

teh_werry_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#88 teh_werry_man
Member since 2006 • 479 Posts
[QUOTE="teh_werry_man"]8.5, unless VanOrd reviews it, then its unpredictable. From me, I give the demo a 9.0biggest_loser

Do it, and I advise anyone who hasn't yet tried the FEAR2 demo to do so ASAP.
The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 The_PC_Gamer
Member since 2003 • 2910 Posts
I predict the PC version of FEAR2 will get a late review or none at all.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 biggest_loser
I predict the PC version of FEAR2 will get a late review or none at all.The_PC_Gamer
Yes a late review. And most likely they will take the Xbox360 review and just add a few lines about the improvement of the PC's visuals.
NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 biggest_loser
C'mon step right up here folks! Take a guess for FEAR 2's score and dont forget to bring along the little ones!
POJO_MOFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#93 POJO_MOFO
Member since 2004 • 5525 Posts
Id guess 8.0
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#94 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
8.0 or 8.5. I'd be very (pleasantly) surprised if it went higher than that.
Dr_Brocoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Dr_Brocoli
Member since 2007 • 3724 Posts

swazidoughman
should score less than that, complete fail from fear 1
regnumekal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 regnumekal
Member since 2006 • 122 Posts
Ah well, at least I was near the IGN score(mine-8.2, IGN-8.3). In Gamespot's case i said it will be a 8.0, turned out to be 7.0. What a failure, I bet they didn't even bother with the PC version and just copypasted the X360 review.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 biggest_loser

swazidoughman
You have won the Big Rigs achievement award: "You're Winner!"
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 biggest_loser
7. Hopefully this time it won't get a free ride because of the gunplay.EndersAres
7.0chrisrooR
Congratulations as well. You've won!
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#99 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Ocampo will give it 8.0-8.2

Baranga

Dammit I was so close:evil:

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 biggest_loser
[QUOTE="Baranga"]

Ocampo will give it 8.0-8.2

Baranga

Dammit I was so close:evil:

Dont worry my friend. We'll do it all again when Alan Wake comes out and make 6 threads on the same page about that too!