Pre Order Spore and Preload the Game!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cryptecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Cryptecks
Member since 2004 • 610 Posts

http://www.de-frag.com/node/185

With this, you'll be ready to play right when the game releases, just thought I'd share the news, the servers are still very fast as of now, get in while the getting's good!

SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SuperBeast
Member since 2002 • 13229 Posts

Hmm, I love digital distibution and would normally jump on this. However I plan on picking up the Galactic Edition. I wish the EA Store would do something like Valve did for the HL2 collectors edition. Let me download it via digital distribution, and mail me all the extra goodies via the mail. If anything else, let me buy the GE retail...but let me download via digital distrubtion in the future for a small fee just in case the disc is damage or something of that nature.

Cryptecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Cryptecks

Yeah I was really planning on the Galactic Edition as well, but I couldn't really justify the added cost with what is included in the package.

But what you said about buying a game retail, then being able to download it in the future is pretty much what Blizzard did with quite a few of its big titles, so the possibility is out there, but not too many companies are raking in as much cash as Blizzard (I guess EA is, but they're pretty heartless it seems).

Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts
EA store = I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.
Cryptecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cryptecks
I haven't ever had any troubles with them. Once your download is done you just go into the cache and backup the files for the game you just got, then install and you're on your way. The 6 month limit thing obviously isn't as cool as Steam's forever policy, but if you back up the file then that part is not a worry. The download speeds are excellent and overall I just don't see how it's so terrible.
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts

I'm kind of apprehensive about Spore, because I know they are going to probably release a dozen expansion packs for it like they do with The Sims, and I don't feel like getting sucked into all of that.

Not only that, but I'm inclined to wonder if there is actually any challenge to the game, or, like The Sims (which I admit was fun for a while) it won't really be a game so much per se as it is something to do.

karloss99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 karloss99
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I'm kind of apprehensive about Spore, because I know they are going to probably release a dozen expansion packs for it like they do with The Sims, and I don't feel like getting sucked into all of that.

Not only that, but I'm inclined to wonder if there is actually any challenge to the game, or, like The Sims (which I admit was fun for a while) it won't really be a game so much per se as it is something to do.

SpaceMoose

1. Team sad that spore is getting less expansions, and those are going to be actual expansions (like underwater world, new, cool parts to get, that kind of stuff.).

2. SPORE is a game of EVOLUTION. The challenge of the game is to become from cell to space-conquering empire. YES there is wide game-play and it switches often enough to not get you bored.

3! Why doesn't anyone read SPORE forums, but are asking questions of game. GET A BRAIN! GO READ ACTUAL INFO IN HOMEPAGE! Then ask about what you don't understand.

sorry for screaming.

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts
[QUOTE="SpaceMoose"]

karloss99

1. Team sad that spore is getting less expansions, and those are going to be actual expansions (like underwater world, new, cool parts to get, that kind of stuff.).

2. SPORE is a game of EVOLUTION. The challenge of the game is to become from cell to space-conquering empire. YES there is wide game-play and it switches often enough to not get you bored.

3! Why doesn't anyone read SPORE forums, but are asking questions of game. GET A BRAIN! GO READ ACTUAL INFO IN HOMEPAGE! Then ask about what you don't understand.

sorry for screaming.

I don't read a game's own site to get a sense of what the game is actually like, generally speaking, and just because they say right now that Spore will have less expansions doesn't mean it actually will. I asked if the game is challenging or not, like...can you actually LOSE? That is what I mean by challenging, thanks. I didn't ask for the developer's comments on their own game. Gee, I wonder if those will be biased or not.

Stavr0s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Stavr0s
Member since 2007 • 1003 Posts
Isn't this just asking to be torrented? I'm not suggesting it, but really. I guess I don't understand it if it isn't possible.
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts

SpaceMoose
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
Oops, meant to write sth there. Have to agree with SpaceMoose on this. Also think that the phrase 'sandbox' was thrown around a bit too much while hyping this game. Am a bit old for a bucket and spade to hold more than a few minutes appeal.