Petition to bring The Division to PC

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

Don't beg, just show your interest :)

R4gn4r0k
I had shown interest in iL2: Cliffs of Dover, until I found out it was being published by Ubi. I then looked the other way and haven't thought twice about it even though I like Oleg Maddox's work.
anab0lic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 anab0lic
Member since 2011 • 374 Posts

signed.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

WhiteKnight77

I had shown interest in iL2: Cliffs of Dover, until I found out it was being published by Ubi. I then looked the other way and haven't thought twice about it even though I like Oleg Maddox's work.

Why is that ? Did it have Ubisoft DRM ?

It was also published by 1C company in some countries, who published previous IL2 games :)

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 WhiteKnight77

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"][QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

R4gn4r0k

Why is that ? Did it have Ubisoft DRM ?

It was also published by 1C company in some countries, who published previous IL2 games :)

Yeah, I didn't like the extra DRM either. If it were not published by Ubi, I probably would have bought it, but I also know it was a buggy mess too. I should mention, that after buying Silent Hunter IV, my boycott of Ubi games went full force, especially once I found out about CoD. I just will not buy another Ubisoft game. If I had known that World in Conflict was now a Ubisoft game (my box says Sierra and Massive, but Ubi bought Massive), I wouldn't have bought it either.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

Yeah, I didn't like the extra DRM either. If it were not published by Ubi, I probably would have bought it, but I also know it was a buggy mess too. I should mention, that after buying Silent Hunter IV, my boycott of Ubi games went full force, especially once I found out about CoD. I just will not buy another Ubisoft game. If I had known that World in Conflict was now a Ubisoft game (my box says Sierra and Massive, but Ubi bought Massive), I wouldn't have bought it either.WhiteKnight77

But World in Conflict is a great game and has no DRM. Who cares which company bought the studio in that case ?

My last purchase from Ubisoft was COJ: Gunslinger. Great game and the only DRM was steamworks which so many games use... But I can't really buy any of their future games if they refuse to bring them to PC. Am really interested in Rayman Legends and The Division but I can't buy them on PC.

What about Silent Hunter and COD ?

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 WhiteKnight77

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]Yeah, I didn't like the extra DRM either. If it were not published by Ubi, I probably would have bought it, but I also know it was a buggy mess too. I should mention, that after buying Silent Hunter IV, my boycott of Ubi games went full force, especially once I found out about CoD. I just will not buy another Ubisoft game. If I had known that World in Conflict was now a Ubisoft game (my box says Sierra and Massive, but Ubi bought Massive), I wouldn't have bought it either.R4gn4r0k

But World in Conflict is a great game and has no DRM. Who cares which company bought the studio in that case ?

My last purchase from Ubisoft was COJ: Gunslinger. Great game and the only DRM was steamworks which so many games use... But I can't really buy any of their future games if they refuse to bring them to PC. Am really interested in Rayman Legends and The Division but I can't buy them on PC.

What about Silent Hunter and COD ?

I still play Silent Hunter (especially when I am on a job somewhere waiting for welders if I am not doing something else, they run on my laptop). I do play World in Conflict, at least at home. I will not be buying Cliffs of Dover though, I will stick with iL2 1946.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#57 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="nutcrackr"]What's the last big budget action game that ubisoft didn't bring to PC eventually? With Ass Creed series they were delaying on PC but AC3 wasn't delayed for very long at all. WhiteKnight77
Since their announcement in February where Ubisoft stated they wanted to improve their relationship with PC gamers, I don't see why they wouldn't release The Division on the PC. I think they are just trying to focus their marketing and sales on the PS4 and XOne. Eventually, they'll release it on the PC.

Ubisoft has made that statement before, even after Yves Guillemot has stated that Ubi is Changing Focus to Consoles Due to PC Piracy and has often stated that PC piracy is rampant with his company's games, to the tune of 94%. The problem is, there may be some piracy, but it is also due to PC gamers not buying their games much anymore. Ubi has ditched the games that sold lots, even though they were niche market games (though they still released iL2:Cliffs of Dover, but not Ubi made). Ubi made PC games are garbage and are aimed at the flavor of the month gamer instead of the gamers that would play their games for years at a time.

That was in 2008 man. Simply put. Get over it. It's that attitude that is making you bitter and angry. Fine, if you are still upset at Ubisoft then don't complain, don't buy their games, and don't enter threads about Ubisoft. The statement they made in February about improving relationship with PC gamers was Feb of this year 2013.

And like others have already echoed, Ubisoft has been porting their games to the PC. I can't think of one right now that they haven't ported to the PC. And I wouldn't say all games made by Ubisoft are garbage. You quickly forgot they made Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, and Far Cry 3 was a solid game. Assassin's Creed 2 was also another good one. At least they aren't like Activision and only making Call of Duty. They are diversifying more than what people give them credit for.

It's really easy to complain.  If you're upset with Ubisoft then simply walk away.  Play other games.