Petition to bring The Division to PC

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for brownstephen259
brownstephen259

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 brownstephen259
Member since 2010 • 268 Posts

https://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-release-tom-clancy-s-the-division-for-pc

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/774796-The-Division-for-PC-Show-Ubisoft-we-care!-(With-poll!)

please help bring to pc

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts
Ubisoft has stated many times in the past that they are not interested in making PC games (though they will port some games over). The very company that once published and sold many niche market PC games has gone the way of the Dodo. Do not expect the new Ubi to do so.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/ubisofts-the-division-may-come-to-the-pc-in-the-future/

Deadpool-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Deadpool-n
Member since 2012 • 489 Posts

Aw it isn't coming to PC? Guess I won't be getting it. Looks alright.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#5 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts
Remind me why exactly do we need another mediocre looking modern/near-future TPS on the PC?
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

I refuse to support any "bring this game to PC" petitions. Even if the game in question actually looks good. We have more than enough amazing games, and better versions of multiplats. We don't need to beg for console scraps. The very idea is degrading.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
As much as I look forward to the game and playing it, I wouldn't want them to toss it to the PC as a bunch of scraps because of a petition, I'd rather they'd decide by themselves to port it over and actually take their time and effort to make it a good port then a "meh" one. If they don't then too bad.
KABCOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KABCOOL
Member since 2009 • 1147 Posts
[QUOTE="Treflis"]As much as I look forward to the game and playing it, I wouldn't want them to toss it to the PC as a bunch of scraps because of a petition, I'd rather they'd decide by themselves to port it over and actually take their time and effort to make it a good port then a "meh" one. If they don't then too bad.

Signing this petition does nothing more than give them a solid reason to port it over. It shows the PC community actually cares and would love to have this game come to our native platform.
Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts
Signed, easily. Thanks, OP.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Even if this petition doesn't do anything realistically, at least Ubisoft might turn 180 degrees to take a glance at the number of signatures. That "it may come to the PC in the future" might hold more solid ground if enough people show their interest in a PC port.
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Remind me why exactly do we need another mediocre looking modern/near-future TPS on the PC?SerOlmy

Because this isn't a mediocre looking TPS. It's a post-apocalyptic open-world online RPG.

C_Glass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 C_Glass
Member since 2010 • 259 Posts

[QUOTE="SerOlmy"]Remind me why exactly do we need another mediocre looking modern/near-future TPS on the PC?airshocker

Because this isn't a mediocre looking TPS. It's a post-apocalyptic open-world online RPG.

But but....Pc Master race....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

C_Glass

This isn't System Wars, bro. Please leave the console vs PC stupidity there.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts
Why is Tom Clancy's name still being used?
commander1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 commander1122
Member since 2005 • 1165 Posts

game look perfect.....open world + super nice graphic + RPG style...it a must on PC!!

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Elann2008
Why is Tom Clancy's name still being used?blangenakker
It doesn't seem to be based on any of the books he has written, but I'm sure it is loosely based on some of Tom Clancy's themes he has used. The game is endorsed by Tom Clancy.
brodelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 brodelin
Member since 2005 • 583 Posts

Guys just sign this petition please, this game will be a blast! It's made by (former) Massive Entertainment - the company that gave us World in Conflict, Ground Control and most recently Far Cry 3.

Yes PC has a lot of their own killer apps but it wouldn't hurt if this game aslo would come out for us.

C_Glass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 C_Glass

[QUOTE="C_Glass"]

airshocker

This isn't System Wars, bro. Please leave the console vs PC stupidity there.

I was being sarcastic. The Division looks like a very polished third person shooter, there is no way that it's not good enough for the pc.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#19 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

I refuse to support any "bring this game to PC" petitions. Even if the game in question actually looks good. We have more than enough amazing games, and better versions of multiplats. We don't need to beg for console scraps. The very idea is degrading.

the_bi99man
Amen. **** consoles.
C_Glass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 C_Glass

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

vfibsux

Amen. **** consoles.

:lol: Yes because your PC honor is at stake, seriously these are just videogames guys, some of you act as if you're going to shame your entire family by commiting this ultimate sin. 

This past E3 really demonstrates how immature many pc gamers have become. Whats not to love about a great game coming to the PC? It's a total win-win. 

heatfanman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 heatfanman101
Member since 2008 • 2877 Posts
[QUOTE="blangenakker"]Why is Tom Clancy's name still being used?Elann2008
It doesn't seem to be based on any of the books he has written, but I'm sure it is loosely based on some of Tom Clancy's themes he has used. The game is endorsed by Tom Clancy.

I believe it takes place in the same universe as Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six, hence the Tom Clancy name.
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#22 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

[QUOTE="vfibsux"][QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

C_Glass

Amen. **** consoles.

:lol: Yes because your PC honor is at stake, seriously these are just videogames guys, some of you act as if you're going to shame your entire family by commiting this ultimate sin. 

This past E3 really demonstrates how immature many pc gamers have become. Whats not to love about a great game coming to the PC? It's a total win-win. 

This coming from the turd who posted in another thread we should all just go back to consoles. ROFL. GTFO dude.

My opinion.....**** consoles. What part of this don't you understand? I don't care if you disagree or agree, I say **** consoles. I have been a avid PC gamer since the early 90's and it has always been great until consoles started becoming cheap little simpleton PC's in a box and muddying up the waters and stealing PC developers from us. The rise of consoles was bad for PC gaming, period. I hate everything console, f'ing sue me. Funny thing about this....you need me, I don't need you. Good luck with your little petition. Keep your console shit.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Elann2008
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="blangenakker"]Why is Tom Clancy's name still being used?heatfanman101

I believe it takes place in the same universe as Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six, hence the Tom Clancy name.

Source? I've tried searching and even Ubisoft hasn't stated where the source for The Division comes from. All we know is that Tom Clancy endorsed this game, hence why it has Tom Clancy attached to it.
heatfanman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 heatfanman101
Member since 2008 • 2877 Posts
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="heatfanman101"][QUOTE="Elann2008"] It doesn't seem to be based on any of the books he has written, but I'm sure it is loosely based on some of Tom Clancy's themes he has used. The game is endorsed by Tom Clancy.

Source? I've tried searching and even Ubisoft hasn't stated where the source for The Division comes from. All we know is that Tom Clancy endorsed this game, hence why it has Tom Clancy attached to it.

I think i heard it on IGN... but they aren't much of a source, truth be told.
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

This is one of those games that if its on PC ill definitely buy it. But if it isnt, I wont. I have no intention of wasting my money on another dust collector and I hate playing games with a gimpy controller.

gillri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gillri
Member since 2004 • 5926 Posts

you d need a hell of a PC to run it though, graphics look amazing

Cordliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Cordliss
Member since 2011 • 118 Posts

you d need a hell of a PC to run it though, graphics look amazing

gillri

I feel ya, something tells me we are really underestimating the requirements some of these games will have. Sure the PS4 and Xbone may seem like they are at the middle of the road when it comes to specs compared to top end computers but they are also 100% dedicated to gaming while a PC isn't. I'm using almost 2 gigs of ram alone just with windows 7 and my internet browser, are consoles similar in that way I don't know. Yes many people have some ridiculous computer setups that no doubt make mine (I5-3750, 660gtx, 8gigs of ram) look like a paperweight but I think for a majority of people these games might end up being beyond the reach of many PC gamers, kinda like Crysis was in 07.

I'd be really excited to see this game come to PC but I also feel that I wouldn't be able to make the most of it without really shelling out some money on upgrades.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 WhiteKnight77
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="blangenakker"]Why is Tom Clancy's name still being used?heatfanman101

Actually, Ubisoft bought Tom Clancy's name and can slap his name on anything they want.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

I was being sarcastic. The Division looks like a very polished third person shooter, there is no way that it's not good enough for the pc.

C_Glass

Oh. Well I agree, it definitely looks good enough to be on the PC. And it wouldn't be that hard, either.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#30 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14500 Posts

Signed.

Great games should be enjoyed all.

Alienware_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Alienware_fan
Member since 2010 • 1514 Posts

I dont know any pc gamers that dont own any consoles.

Zyexe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zyexe
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I'm not overly excited for the game, but I'll sign anyway. I wouldn't look for a pc port though.
jm92590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jm92590
Member since 2004 • 375 Posts
Signed it!
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 WhiteKnight77

Alienware_fan
I am a PC gamer and I do not own a console.
JackBurton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#35 JackBurton
Member since 2002 • 3808 Posts

This is one of those games that if its on PC ill definitely buy it. But if it isnt, I wont. ... and I hate playing games with a gimpy controller.

pelvist

+1

homeboylizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 homeboylizard
Member since 2010 • 1289 Posts

Get this in System Wars and you will get atleast 500 more signatures. A lot of people only got there.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46488 Posts

This is one of those games that if its on PC ill definitely buy it. But if it isnt, I wont. I have no intention of wasting my money on another dust collector and I hate playing games with a gimpy controller.

pelvist

For shooters, absolutely. They play much better on M/KB as opposed to a controller. If there is even the slightest chance games like Destiny and The Division will come to PC, I won't get them on consoles even if I have to wait for years.

As for other genres like Racing games and Action Adventures, I play those on PC with a controller too. It's perfectly fine for that and in some cases even better than Mouse and Keyboard.

homeboylizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 homeboylizard
Member since 2010 • 1289 Posts

[QUOTE="pelvist"]

R4gn4r0k

For shooters, absolutely. They play much better on M/KB as opposed to a controller. If there is even the slightest chance games like Destiny and The Division will come to PC, I won't get them on consoles even if I have to wait for years.

As for other genres like Racing games and Action Adventures, I play those on PC with a controller too. It's perfectly fine for that and in some cases even better than Mouse and Keyboard.

I'm just hoping that KB/M will work with a PS 4 since the PS4 controller works with a PC.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 R4gn4r0k  Online

I'm just hoping that KB/M will work with a PS 4 since the PS4 controller works with a PC.homeboylizard

The PS3 supported M/KB in some games, I can see that feature returning on the PS4. Just don't expect to see it supported in all games.

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 Amster_G
Member since 2009 • 4329 Posts

How well do petitions even work? I mean, remember the Grand Theft Auto V PC petition? It's still not announced for PC, is it... so how's this going to work?

Alienware_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Alienware_fan
Member since 2010 • 1514 Posts

[QUOTE="Alienware_fan"]

WhiteKnight77

YOu're missing out son.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 R4gn4r0k  Online

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"][QUOTE="Alienware_fan"]

Alienware_fan

YOu're missing out son.

As long as you don't own every single system out there you will always miss out on something ...

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 WhiteKnight77

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"][QUOTE="Alienware_fan"]

Alienware_fan

YOu're missing out son.

I once had a PS1, I didn't care it was stolen as I stopped using it about 6 months after I bought it when I got my first PC. Haven't looked back since.
sedhic23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sedhic23
Member since 2011 • 126 Posts

Alienware_fan

the last console i owned was the ps2. after that i jumped on pc gaming i never owned a 360 or ps3.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
I'm not going to beg for a Ubisoft game. I'd like to see Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3, and MGSV on the PC though.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#47 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
What's the last big budget action game that ubisoft didn't bring to PC eventually? With Ass Creed series they were delaying on PC but AC3 wasn't delayed for very long at all.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Elann2008
What's the last big budget action game that ubisoft didn't bring to PC eventually? With Ass Creed series they were delaying on PC but AC3 wasn't delayed for very long at all. nutcrackr
Since their announcement in February where Ubisoft stated they wanted to improve their relationship with PC gamers, I don't see why they wouldn't release The Division on the PC. I think they are just trying to focus their marketing and sales on the PS4 and XOne. Eventually, they'll release it on the PC.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 R4gn4r0k  Online

Ok, so I normally never believe in the power of these petitions but the developer, Massive has come out and said that if PC gamers show enough interest it will come to PC too :)

I'm not going to beg for a Ubisoft game. I'd like to see Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3, and MGSV on the PC though. SAGE_OF_FIRE

Don't beg, just show your interest :)

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 WhiteKnight77
[QUOTE="nutcrackr"]What's the last big budget action game that ubisoft didn't bring to PC eventually? With Ass Creed series they were delaying on PC but AC3 wasn't delayed for very long at all. Elann2008
Since their announcement in February where Ubisoft stated they wanted to improve their relationship with PC gamers, I don't see why they wouldn't release The Division on the PC. I think they are just trying to focus their marketing and sales on the PS4 and XOne. Eventually, they'll release it on the PC.

Ubisoft has made that statement before, even after Yves Guillemot has stated that Ubi is Changing Focus to Consoles Due to PC Piracy and has often stated that PC piracy is rampant with his company's games, to the tune of 94%. The problem is, there may be some piracy, but it is also due to PC gamers not buying their games much anymore. Ubi has ditched the games that sold lots, even though they were niche market games (though they still released iL2:Cliffs of Dover, but not Ubi made). Ubi made PC games are garbage and are aimed at the flavor of the month gamer instead of the gamers that would play their games for years at a time.