OMFG, Crytek really did it!! squeezed crysis to a 6 year old box(trailer inside)

• 123 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GameFan1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 GameFan1983
Member since 2004 • 2189 Posts

Not as impressive as on PC's very high(lol at the airplan at begining and the could effect) but a halla impressive job, destrucable trees and huts are all implanted, these guys are unbelievable.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut-ps3-xbox-crysis/720428#comments_top

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 29121994
Member since 2008 • 1166 Posts
wow, i wasn't expecting this to be real when i first heard of it but this is pretty cool. It'll be interesting to see how gameplay is on consoles though, moving from controls designed from PC, to controls mapped for consoles.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Seems really dumb to do this now...

Its 4 years later, there are other shooters that console gamers and PC gamers want to play.

ultrapc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 ultrapc
Member since 2010 • 808 Posts

Goes to show that the game was poorly optimized and not really so " ahead of its time " but yea , they did a good job , though it doesn't really make a lot of sense to release C1 after C2 .

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#5 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Goes to show that the game was poorly optimized and not really so " ahead of its time " but yea , they did a good job , though it doesn't really make a lot of sense to release C1 after C2 .

ultrapc

No, they probably just cut the view distance down a lot and got rid of some effects. Also it'll probably have to load a lot more, because the consoles just don't have enough ram.

CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

See! You can teach an old dog new tricks!:shock:

sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 sleepingzzz
Member since 2006 • 2263 Posts

I wonder if the next time someone makes a new thread with the topic 'what game has the best graphics,' just how many pc gamers will still list Crysis.

ultrapc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ultrapc
Member since 2010 • 808 Posts

I wonder if the next time someone makes a new thread with the topic 'what game has the best graphics,' just how many pc gamers will still list Crysis.

sleepingzzz
now console gamers will be posting Crysis pics in every graphics thread :P
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Looks impressive for consoles, but having played it on PC maxed out it looks like a mere shadow, only explosions look about the same, everything else is blocky, textures are like...low on PC, lighting is faaaar from the original, destruction is like a new game (in a bad way) and foliage is not that great but since it's dense it at least masks most of the flaws.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

ultrapc
I wouldn't consider Crysis poorly optimized, and I would still consider it ahead of its time. It's just easier to optimize games for consoles (and they turn the graphics down as well of course).
Avatar image for Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Member since 2010 • 822 Posts

So they're re-releasing a 4 year old game...for consoles? lolok. I guess whinetek is hoping for those blackops sales with this too?

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 Chickan_117
Member since 2009 • 16327 Posts

Seems really dumb to do this now...

Its 4 years later, there are other shooters that console gamers and PC gamers want to play.

JangoWuzHere

At first, once I realised it was real, I thought the same thing. Then I saw the pre-order figures for the re-release of Combat Evolved and realised that this is a way to resell something you've already made and that already has a good name. It's easy cash for them so it's not stupid on their part at all IMO.

Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

sleepingzzz

A lot of PC gamers will still be doing that, including me. The console version won't look as good as the PC version. I've seen some footage and screenshots from the console version. It looks like the PC version running at 720p with a mix of medium and high settings. Nothing like Very High on the PC. Not to mention that the controls will have to be adapted for a controller.

CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

Of course it's not going to look like the PC version, It's running on a 6 year old console and it's old hardware. But for all that it looks pretty good.

-CheeseEater-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -CheeseEater-
Member since 2007 • 5258 Posts
It's a sad day for PC Gamers when a developer with a reputation like Crytek's spends there time porting Crysis to consoles.
Avatar image for deactivated-635601fd996cc
deactivated-635601fd996cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 deactivated-635601fd996cc
Member since 2009 • 4381 Posts
It's a sad day for PC Gamers when a developer with a reputation like Crytek's spends there time porting Crysis to consoles.-CheeseEater-
Jealous are we? *The obligatory "I'm a PC gamer speech" insert here* Crytek can spend their time doing whatever they want, especially when its porting one of the best shooters of all time from PC to console. Everyone should be able to play Crysis, and it seems like some people think that making Crysis multiplat is a bad thing, even when it doesn't effect them in the slightest bit.
AR-15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AR-15
Member since 2003 • 261 Posts

I wonder how much better Crysis 2 could have been if they weren't spending time and resources on this.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

that actually looks impressive. But on screen it would look crap i imagine. The shadows will be toned down, motion blur removed (sucks anyway) the explosions look worse, and it won't be as high resolution. But its still kind of annoying that it looks like that on consoles. wonder what the framerate will be like. Cos crysis 2's was awful on both consoles

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

Looks more FUN than Crysis 2 on PC, and you known why? Because it is.

I'll take Crysis 1 or Warhead played at lowest settings over Crysis 2 maxed everyday. If the port is good enought and don't reduce the scale I'm sure that most of console players would discover how great the game is. A shooter like no other (sadly) in this generation.

Avatar image for deactivated-597bb01c846a2
deactivated-597bb01c846a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#20 deactivated-597bb01c846a2
Member since 2011 • 1495 Posts
I think it's hilarious how they're trying to make it sound like it will look better.
lucfonzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lucfonzy
Member since 2008 • 1835 Posts
AAAAANNNDDD now I'm gonna have to play through the first two AGAIN! The music gets me everytime, memories flooding back. I'm really glad console gamers will get to experience this game, it's probably one of my favourite games ever. Played through it so many times! Never gets old.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-635601fd996cc
AAAAANNNDDD now I'm gonna have to play through the first two AGAIN! The music gets me everytime, memories flooding back. I'm really glad console gamers will get to experience this game, it's probably one of my favourite games ever. Played through it so many times! Never gets old.lucfonzy
Same here. Dat music. Dat boxing
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
From that trailer it looks fantastic, but I have a feeling when it finally comes to playing it yourself, all the cuts they had to make will become more obvious. Either way, it's still impressive they got it running on consoles.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="ultrapc"]

cain006

No, they probably just cut the view distance down a lot and got rid of some effects. Also it'll probably have to load a lot more, because the consoles just don't have enough ram.

I think you are both right. The game is beautiful and was easily king when it came out, but it is poorly optimized and IMO far from the best game technically, when it comes to graphics and performance.

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
lol wth...seriously?
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
There will be threads about this all week. We will have to see how Crytek actually managed to pull off the ridiculously large memory load and data streaming of Crysis, onto console systems, if keeping it like the original it'll be a damn impressive effort. Otherwise it's sure as hell better than the second.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#27 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11792 Posts

[QUOTE="cain006"]

[QUOTE="ultrapc"]

NaveedLife

I think you are both right. The game is beautiful and was easily king when it came out, but it is poorly optimized and IMO far from the best game technically, when it comes to graphics and performance.

This, it wasn't really all that optimized period (but not exaclty poorly optimized). Though they would still have to turn down settings to run it on consoles decently. This doesn't change the fact that Crysis could of definitely benefited from considerably more time in tweaking and testing.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11811 Posts

sleepingzzz

Yes, Why? Because it still looks better on PC that's like saying we can't list Doom 3 during it's time as one of the best or the best graphics just because it was on Xbox :roll: Also Metro 2033 says hi

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
Whoah. It definitely won't be the eye-candy that it was for PC, but maybe it will be compared to other console games. Damn, I have this urge to play the game again.
-CheeseEater-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -CheeseEater-
Member since 2007 • 5258 Posts

[QUOTE="-CheeseEater-"]It's a sad day for PC Gamers when a developer with a reputation like Crytek's spends there time porting Crysis to consoles.ocstew
Jealous are we? *The obligatory "I'm a PC gamer speech" insert here* Crytek can spend their time doing whatever they want, especially when its porting one of the best shooters of all time from PC to console. Everyone should be able to play Crysis, and it seems like some people think that making Crysis multiplat is a bad thing, even when it doesn't effect them in the slightest bit.

Because Crysis 2 was brilliant wasn't it? Just how I wanted the follow up to Crysis as well as Warhead to be. :|

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#31 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Looks impressive for a console game.

Maybe now 360/ps3 owners will understand why some PC gamers were frutrated with the sequel

sami117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sami117
Member since 2008 • 650 Posts

[QUOTE="sleepingzzz"]

ultrapc

now console gamers will be posting Crysis pics in every graphics thread :P

but we could pwn those crysis pics with our crysis pics... >modded on 1080p with aa and af>meduim 720 p

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
I'm am almost falling out of my chair right now with laughter after watching that trailer. It looks so much worse than on PC. I love how they added "all new lighting" to make is seem like it was improved when really they just had to dumb it down for consoles. "All new suit features" is the one that really gets me though. They act like it was added into a new game. What they should have said was "non-dumbed down suit features"
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
and it seems like some people think that making Crysis multiplat is a bad thing, even when it doesn't effect them in the slightest bit. ocstew
I'm sure many people will now point to Crysis 2 in this regard. Now that had to do very much with the change in target audience as it did the shift in platform limitations.
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
wow, i wasn't expecting this to be real when i first heard of it but this is pretty cool. It'll be interesting to see how gameplay is on consoles though, moving from controls designed from PC, to controls mapped for consoles.29121994
the very original crysis worked fine with a 360 gamepad back when i tried it in 07!
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Console shot:

Same exact spot on PC

I lol'd

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#37 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

ultrapc

No it doesnt, it just means its running much worse graphics.

TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TrooperManaic
Member since 2004 • 3863 Posts

HMM let me see, ever since Windows 7 64bit was released their last patch will NOT work on anyone who has this operating system. If you go to their forum you will see how many people have this problem. They IGNORE us and every time I give them an email they just say WE DON'T SUPPORT WINDOWS 7 and NEVER WILL. Quite literally word for word.

And now they release a console port of the game while the game is STILL broken for some of us PC gamers... I CAN'T even play online with the game and I paid FULL PRICE FOR IT.

This is why I will NEVER buy a game from crytek again.

Don't get me wrong I believe when a game gets released it should be on all consoles and PC and should all be played online with eachother but I don't like it when a company like crytek tries to kill off the PC because they fear it will be less profitable for them. Let me tell you if the industry wasn't one big ripoff I would demand a refund for this trash you threw in a limited edition bundle I paid full price for and be done with it. crytek = PC gamers enemy, plain and simple.

From what I hear crysis 2 has extreme problems for most PC gamers aswell, shows you how they care huh.

harshv82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 harshv82
Member since 2008 • 1120 Posts

HMM let me see, ever since Windows 7 64bit was released their last patch will NOT work on anyone who has this operating system. If you go to their forum you will see how many people have this problem. They IGNORE us and every time I give them an email they just say WE DON'T SUPPORT WINDOWS 7 and NEVER WILL. Quite literally word for word.

And now they release a console port of the game while the game is STILL broken for some of us PC gamers... I CAN'T even play online with the game and I paid FULL PRICE FOR IT.

Don't get me wrong I believe when a game gets released it should be on all consoles and PC and should all be played online with eachother but I don't like it when a company like crytek tries to kill off the PC because they fear it will be less profitable for them. Let me tell you if the industry wasn't one big ripoff I would demand a refund for this trash you threw in a limited edition bundle I paid full price for and be done with it. crytek = PC gamers enemy, plain and simple.

From what I hear crysis 2 has extreme problems for most PC gamers aswell, shows you how they care huh.

TrooperManaic

I haven't tried playing Crysis online in long time but if that's how they are responding that's really bad. Even I have Windows 7 64bit OS, looks like it's goodbye Crytek.

chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts

ultrapc
It does. Crysis 2 sucked hard.
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts

ultrapc
um, no? They pretty much halved the graphics in Crysis to put it on consoles. The game looks so much worse.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I don't mind what Crytek does. I'd do the same thing if I was in the business of making games.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#43 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

It's only going to be $20 on console. Who knows, maybe I might use up the remaining amount on my PSN wallet to buy this. If there are trophies, then I am all set!

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts
DON'T be SILLY This is how crysis looks on the pc (on my pc anyway) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mng8JU692iY compare it with the trailer and cry....sis
DualRinzlers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DualRinzlers
Member since 2011 • 26 Posts
I guess it's good that console gamers are going to get a chance to check it out, but the scenery in those screenshots looks like Halo to me. Not terribly impressive.
SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SPBoss
Member since 2009 • 3746 Posts
wow, i wasn't expecting this to be real when i first heard of it but this is pretty cool. It'll be interesting to see how gameplay is on consoles though, moving from controls designed from PC, to controls mapped for consoles.29121994
i've tried crysis with an xbox wireless controller, its implemented pretty well but nowhere as good as kb/m
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts

TrooperManaic
Huh, what? I was just playing Crysis (and MWLL) a month or so ago on my Win7 64-bit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-635601fd996cc
Alot of damage control and vitrol in this thread. Really shows you the mentality of some PC gamers, when they are all bitter over something that doesn't even affect them.
LordRork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#49 LordRork
Member since 2004 • 2692 Posts

I'd like to see how they manage the suit modes in the console version. I always found the suit controls in Crysis to be a bit clunky and awkward to use, and was the one area Crysis 2 did improve on the original (in my opinion).

Ravenchrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ravenchrome
Member since 2010 • 1776 Posts

Alot of damage control and vitrol in this thread. Really shows you the mentality of some PC gamers, when they are all bitter over something that doesn't even affect them.ocstew
And you aren't PC gamer? Don't hide under our name in PS3 graphics thread, you tricky lem.