No longer wild about Wildstar

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Are people here really comparing the value of a single player game to an MMO? MADNESS !!!

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#52  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

Downloaded TSW last night so will give it a shot after work today.

Wow this got off topic big time lol. I don't know how anyone can like what f2p has done to the genre, the only thing I can think of is you were never an MMO fan to begin with.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I have not played it nor will i ever even try this game (im as much against monthly fee games as it gets) but THIS IS the ugliest art direction i have ever seen in a video game. Shit is aiming at cartoons for 3y olds of something...

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts

@Maroxad: just to be clear, i don't refrain from pay2play MMOs, in fact, i have subscribed to several in the past, and i would do so again if they showed me they were worth their time.

having said that, they just don't. they don't even bother masking the grind. there are also very few good MMOs without a monthly subscription fee. gw2 is the only that i can say is good enough. MMOs continue to cost 15 USD a month but other games have become much cheaper. also, MMO's provide a lot of hours worth of entertainment but many of those hours tend to be low quality entertainment. something like diablo3, which could have been an mmo, you just do the same things over and over again to get better and better rewards. if those things aren't varied enough it is a terrible grind.

both quality and quantity is important. if i bought every humble bundle for a dollar, i could game for a thousand hours every year for perhaps just 15 USD.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 FelipeInside

Sub or F2P I don't really care as long as the game is good.

Games like TSW and GW2 do f2p right and they are great games.

What I would like with sub games though is for the price to come down to $5 x month.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#56  Edited By PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

Was turned off as soon as I saw the classes were limited to races crap.

xeidog69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57 xeidog69
Member since 2005 • 1463 Posts

@Croag821:

He simply stated how it felt to him upon trying it, he didnt talk about any game specific features, he didnt upload any photos or videos and he spoke nothing about the storyline or anything, The NDA was not disrespected by any means.

I will add that I too gave the game more of a shot than it desrved in my opinion. Honestly for me it did feel bland and the animations were subpar. I went in and really wanted to give the game a proper testing while reporting issues but damned if I didnt fall asleep everytime I went to play it. I have been having a real big itch for a great , time absorbing MMO and had high hopes for this game only to be let down.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#58 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59013 Posts

That's too bad, I was hoping it would take inspiration from Guild Wars 2. Ah well.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 vfibsux

@geminontraveler said:

game looks fantastic. good art style, decent enough graphics, tight gameplay with an excellent combat system, and it is focusing on all the right things to have longevity (content, raiding, dungeons, crafting, exploration, diversity).

if you cant like wildstar, then MMOs just arent for you. move along.

Ummm no. MMO's as they are NOW are not for me. The post WoW MMO is certainly not for me, the true MMO's like EQ, UO, AC, SWG, and Daoc were certainly for me. You can have this rehashed WoW crap with twitch combat added.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23928 Posts

@geminontraveler said:

game looks fantastic. good art style, decent enough graphics, tight gameplay with an excellent combat system, and it is focusing on all the right things to have longevity (content, raiding, dungeons, crafting, exploration, diversity).

Just because he doesnt like the popular mainstream MMO template doesnt mean he doesnt likes mmos as a whole. From what I have seen of vfibsux, what he wants is an mmo that plays more like Dark Age of Camelot instead of yet another banal WoW clone.

Also,

Loading Video...

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 FelipeInside

@Maroxad said:

@geminontraveler said: @vfibsux

Just because he doesnt like the popular mainstream MMO template doesnt mean he doesnt likes mmos as a whole. From what I have seen of vfibsux, what he wants is an mmo that plays more like Dark Age of Camelot instead of yet another banal WoW clone.

Both types of MMOs should be able to co-exist. Some people like Sandbox MMOs and other people like Theme Park MMOs.

I'm guessing there are more of the later because more people are used to that now, but both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23928 Posts

@FelipeInside: They should, but themeparks should branch out more to not become overly banal WoW clones like SWTOR, RIFT and appearantly now Wildstar. There is more than one way to make a themepark, but sadly no one seems to go outside of WoW's formula.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

I'm sure I'll try it out but I'm not too excited about it. I was at one time but it's a wait and see kind of thing.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 vfibsux

@Maroxad said:

@geminontraveler said:

Also,

Loading Video...

He knows this, he just likes to troll people. I had my fill of Wildstar type MMO's, this felt like I played it for years rather than hours. Anyone can look back and see I was one of those who were looking forward to this game.

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66  Edited By Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

I think that the thing that makes if the monthly fee worths the money -or not- is the level of fun and satisfaction it provides to the player. Is not a problem about if a game must be f2p, bt2 or fee based, or even about the amount of content or quality perceived: is much easier thatn that, is all abpout the fun. about

IF you are having fun with a game, if you find it rewarding, addictive, if brings you satisfaction then paying -or not- a monthly fee can be justified. If you're not having fun then not even being free will make you to spent time on it.

I'm a GW2 veteran, with near 2800 hours, six 80's, etc... I'm having fun in the game mostly due WcW and PvP, but for sure I would NOT pay a montly fee for GW2 due I burned most of the content and the remains woukdn't be enough to keep me in the game if an extra spent of money would be required. I'm looking (along with some people in the clan in which I am) for new MMOs as TESO or Wildstar (currently I'm in the TESO beta). I'll buy TESO and I'll play it for a month, but still unsure about TESO will worth the extra fee (so the first month will be very important for me). But I'm okey with both he people that chose to pay fees and the ones that refuse them. Play as you want and chose if the fun worths the money.

Wildstar was a game in which I had some interest some months ago, but I saw gameplay and I didn't like too much the PvP, so now is mostly out of my radar.

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#67  Edited By Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

Why won't someone just ask what we are all thinking? ....which is this. You are no longer wild about Wildstar, but....

Are you still stanleyed about the Stanley Parable?

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By vfibsux

@Fire_Wa11 said:

Why won't someone just ask what we are all thinking? ....which is this. You are no longer wild about Wildstar, but....

Crack is wack.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By FelipeInside

@vfibsux said:

@Fire_Wa11 said:

Crack is wack.

I'm half interested in half life 3.... (ok, that was bad, I admit it)