This topic is locked from further discussion.

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 SystemsGO
Member since 2011 • 1285 Posts

Donwloading Fallout: New Vegas, since I never did finish playing it. What are the essential graphical mods out there that really make the game look decent? Also, what other kind of mods would you recommend(not including guns)

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Hahaha. I just did this thread like a week ago. :P

Basically, just get the mod manager from the nexus, and go for NMC textures, fellout, and nevada skies, at the very least. I'd also say go for "essential visual upgrades" (EVE), to make explosions, fire, and energy weapons look badass. Also, get the weapon retexture project, as NMC textures are just environment stuff.

Aside from those, I'd say just browse the top 100 files at the new vegas nexus, and grab anything that looks interesting. 

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SystemsGO

Hahaha. I just did this thread like a week ago. :P

Basically, just get the mod manager from the nexus, and go for NMC textures, fellout, and nevada skies, at the very least. I'd also say go for "essential visual upgrades" (EVE), to make explosions, fire, and energy weapons look badass. Also, get the weapon retexture project, as NMC textures are just environment stuff.

Aside from those, I'd say just browse the top 100 files at the new vegas nexus, and grab anything that looks interesting. 

the_bi99man

Thanks man, will give those a shot. ^_^

zacbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 zacbear
Member since 2005 • 94 Posts

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?10108-Fallout-Mod-Vegas-Modding-New-Vegas-in-2013 is an excellent place to start,new vegas as never look so pretty.

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SystemsGO

Lol, everything I try download from the Nexus comes back with "Error no file exists for this ID", everything except NMC's textures, which I downloaded last night before sleep.

INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 INF1DEL
Member since 2006 • 2083 Posts
Nexus just finished updating their servers. Try again, it should work now.
malatato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 malatato
Member since 2009 • 194 Posts

the anime skin mods + prostitute mod

best experience ever

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SystemsGO

the anime skin mods + prostitute mod

best experience ever

malatato

Anime does the strangest things to people. I'm not sure how a cartoon can spark such perversion, and I don't think I'll ever understand. You anime guys are an endless puzzle of bizarre.  

I have a wife, and a son, and quite frankly I don't think they would appreciate me going out of my way to have sex with a character in a video game. Furthermore, I'm not a pervert that needs to satisify my strange sexual fantasies through a video game in order to get my rocks off, LOL.

I guess next time I question about mods I will have to be specific in that I'm not looking for anything perverted persay. Thanks though, for the attempt. Unfortunately I wont be giving those a try.  

Sadly though, after wasting my time modding the game I felt that it was incredibly slow and dated feeling. So I just uninstalled it, and deleted the mods. Thanks for suggestions though! Now play Far Cry 3 vanilla, and loving it.

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

Definitely get EVE and Detailed Normals. 

Detailed normals got removed from the nexus but can be found with a simple google search. 

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
I mainly only use texture mods for my first play through a game like this. I didn't use many mods, nor did I dig too deep for them, but here are the ones that I used... 3pn1.jpg
Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

Once you get your visual mods up and running and want a diversion from the main quest, I recommend the D.E.I.M.O.S. quest mod.  I won't spoil anything for you but it is very science fiction-y and fit in the Fallout World (imo.)  On a related note, some fans who complained about Prometheus I would say to them: (Major spoiler) A woman, a robot's head, and a spaceship flying off to meet our maker from a distant planet?  It doesn't get anymore sci-fi than that.  DIEMOS is THAT science-fiction-y.