New Crysis 2 Footage

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

screamingdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 screamingdoom
Member since 2007 • 884 Posts

Hey guys, brand new Crysis 2 footage has been released on gametrailers. Most of it's on console but there is a bit of brief footage of the PC version of the game. It's looking good, though a bit more linear than the first game.

Here's the Link: New Crysis 2 Footage

djmillard2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 djmillard2
Member since 2005 • 1372 Posts
i like how inferior the console version looks. You can even tell on this cam quality footage.
screamingdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 screamingdoom
i like how inferior the console version looks. You can even tell on this cam quality footage.djmillard2
Yeah that's what noticed as well. But it's to be expected
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
Did the frame rate drop horrible after 1:00 or where they using some sort of slow down effect? :?
ShadowsRunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 ShadowsRunner
Member since 2006 • 742 Posts
Did the frame rate drop horrible after 1:00 or where they using some sort of slow down effect? :? Dante2710
I believe it was some sort of slow down effect
SquirrelGrunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SquirrelGrunt
Member since 2010 • 84 Posts
Looks alright, I'll probably get for PC
Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts
[QUOTE="djmillard2"]i like how inferior the console version looks. You can even tell on this cam quality footage.screamingdoom
Yeah that's what noticed as well. But it's to be expected

very noticeable, console version looks like crap confirmed. Just hope the pc version is not overall gimped aswell.
Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

The console draw distance is REALLY weak. Notice how it just hazes out with fog and textureless images in the distance.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

The console draw distance is REALLY weak. Notice how it just hazes out with fog and textureless images in the distance.

Crypt_mx
It is on limited outdated hardware, I am actually kinda annoyed that this game is even on consoles, Crysis was one of the reasons I built a gaming pc, to see it held back by consoles is frustrating.
Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

[QUOTE="Crypt_mx"]

Advid-Gamer

It is on limited outdated hardware, I am actually kinda annoyed that this game is even on consoles, Crysis was one of the reasons I built a gaming pc, to see it held back by consoles is frustrating.

I believe the PC version will not be restricted by the consoles. They announced that the PC version will look significantly better.

cluclap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cluclap
Member since 2007 • 888 Posts
:O Are you serious?? The PC version looks better than the console version??? THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!
Sky_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sky_Raptor
Member since 2006 • 548 Posts
loved that lighting feature they demoed looked insane
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
:O Are you serious?? The PC version looks better than the console version??? THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!cluclap
Have you ever ventured into SW?
cluclap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cluclap
Member since 2007 • 888 Posts
[QUOTE="cluclap"]:O Are you serious?? The PC version looks better than the console version??? THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!Dante2710

Yes, being a PC gamer, I feel it's best to not try and argue with avid console gamers. They are crazy.
Kwonjah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kwonjah
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
This game is gonna be off the hook
bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bionicle_lover
Member since 2005 • 4501 Posts

i certainly dont doubt that it will look better on the pc but how can you guys tell? the quality of the video isnt that good and they only had like 5 seconds of pc footage, maybe 10. I feel kind of stupid that im the only one not seeing it :x

arto1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 arto1223
Member since 2005 • 4412 Posts

I wish that showed more PC parts, mostly was console, oh well...

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#18 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts
Very impressive. Lets see what the game is going to be like. I want a demo soon.
screamingdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 screamingdoom

I wish that showed more PC parts, mostly was console, oh well...

arto1223
Yeah they seem very reserved about showing PC footage.
SemperFi10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SemperFi10
Member since 2004 • 3139 Posts

I'm impressed by the deformation for the console versions, making me even more excited to see the PC version.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

I have a feeling that Crytek is staffed by PC gamers.

it is for this reason I am hopeful; instead of porting from console to PC, they will be porting from PC to console...if they plan on porting at all. This looks like a genuine multiplatform title, though, so I am happy about that as both sides will be pleased.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
Is it just me, or did that look ugly :P Also the black morpheous dude, is talking like a monolith.
OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

New Crysis 2 Footage

screamingdoom

"We cannot fight new wars with old weapons. Let him who desires peace prepare for war."

lol...

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#24 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
I don't like what consolisation has done to Crysis. You can see from the video how boxed this game feels. Gone are huge preloaded levels.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
i like how inferior the console version looks. You can even tell on this cam quality footage.djmillard2
If it looks and play smoothly like that on my pc i could care less for the highest settings to be honest. All games with big maps taking place in cities are somewhat, not smooth as far as i can say. Reactions: Nice showing the pc and console comparison but why they stopped and starting to show only console? Combat reminds me of killzone, the weapos appear in a consolish way in the player's hand. I dont mind i think it makes the game more casual/mainstream therfore its good since most people will play it. Wow prophet!!! I have to say so far looks amazing but i still would like a clear answer, like "what you see is both pc/console gameplay, the only diffirence is the graphics" when they say that i will be buying it 100% Anyway thats what i think.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

It is on limited outdated hardware, I am actually kinda annoyed that this game is even on consoles, Crysis was one of the reasons I built a gaming pc, to see it held back by consoles is frustrating.Advid-Gamer
Well its mostly about optimazation. Not everyone can actually make amazing graphic that utilize the pc hardware properly. There are tons of games outhere that dont have even nearly as good graphics as crysis but they got higher requirements. The point is that games do utilize our gaming rigs and not just play with "whatever" framerates when the graphics do not justify the results.

Solar-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Solar-X
Member since 2010 • 510 Posts

The game looks consoley. not impressed.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#28 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Looks cool to me

PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PublicNuisance
Member since 2009 • 4582 Posts

Hey guys, brand new Crysis 2 footage has been released on gametrailers. Most of it's on console but there is a bit of brief footage of the PC version of the game. It's looking good, though a bit more linear than the first game.

Here's the Link: New Crysis 2 Footage

screamingdoom

Sad to see just one of those comparisons were for the PC version. I do like the idea of a cover system if it is done well.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GeneralShowzer
You don't need a tacked on, stiff cover system in FPS. Lean/Prone works excellent.
PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PublicNuisance
Member since 2009 • 4582 Posts

You don't need a tacked on, stiff cover system in FPS. Lean/Prone works excellent.GeneralShowzer

I agree but knowing my luck they took lean/prone out of Crysis 2 because of the consoles. It wouldn't be the first game to go mutliplatform for it's second game and ditch features that the first game had.

Suffca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Suffca
Member since 2008 • 666 Posts

And soon we'll have threads in SW saying the PS3 version looks better than the PC....

Great footage though.

manny020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 manny020
Member since 2008 • 128 Posts

I'm just wondering when they say the pc version is going to be superior if they mean that its going to have obviously better graphics and draw distances, but the actual game, the level structures and so on will have to be the same and this is where the consoles could hold back Crysis 2 and the pc version. And they will have to be the same or else it would just be two different games.

Not comparing this to GTA IV in anyway but what they did on the pc was simply designed it with extending draw distances and graphics to extremely high level being the main differences.

pcgamer_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 pcgamer_07
Member since 2007 • 1164 Posts

[QUOTE="screamingdoom"]

New Crysis 2 Footage

OoSuperMarioO

"We cannot fight new wars with old weapons. Let him who desires peace prepare for war."

lol...

haha that was funny.

Haven't kept up with the info too much so I still don't know what to make of Crysis 2 going suddenly to New York because of the way Crysis one ended.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]

[QUOTE="screamingdoom"]

New Crysis 2 Footage

pcgamer_07

lol...

haha that was funny.

Haven't kept up with the info too much so I still don't know what to make of Crysis 2 going suddenly to New York because of the way Crysis one ended.

Yeah, what the hell. Crysis ended in a cliffhanger, and Warhead did nothing to explain it. They were returning to the island...and now they are in New York...
Darksonic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#36 Darksonic666
Member since 2009 • 3482 Posts

Looks like fun But it will most likely take a huge system to run :(

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GeneralShowzer

Looks like fun But it will most likely take a huge system to run :(

Darksonic666
No, same as any multiplat i guess. Should run fine on your system, at least at console quality, even better.
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts
Looks very nice. I just hope its scalable so my PC can handle it and hardware that is higher spec will benefit as well (so it looks good on a lower spec machine and it looks brilliant on something top spec).
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GeneralShowzer
Looks very nice. I just hope its scalable so my PC can handle it and hardware that is higher spec will benefit as well (so it looks good on a lower spec machine and it looks brilliant on something top spec).Garfield360UK
Yes, yes Crytek confirmed this i think. It will have even lower requirements than original Crysis, and it will run better, due to scaled down enviroments and consolisation overall.
gillri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gillri
Member since 2004 • 5926 Posts

[QUOTE="cluclap"]:O Are you serious?? The PC version looks better than the console version??? THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!Dante2710

from what I gather noone argues that PC versions of multi-plats look the best

in all honesty the 360 version will looks great considering the hardware but very bad considering high-end rigs but they have Halo reach so I dont think Crysis 2 bothers them much

the PS3 should look better but I dont think it will match GOW3 or UC2 as it hasnt built for the ground up

I dont think this will be as impressive as the first, they should just make it for the PC as console gamers have their own IP's

RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#41 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts

thanks but already seen the video

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="Dante2710"][QUOTE="cluclap"]:O Are you serious?? The PC version looks better than the console version??? THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!gillri

in all honesty the 360 version will looks great considering the hardware but very bad considering high-end rigs but they have Halo reach so I dont think Crysis 2 bothers them much

the PS3 should look better but I dont think it will match GOW3 or UC2 as it hasnt built for the ground up

I dont think this will be as impressive as the first, they should just make it for the PC as console gamers have their own IP's

I think Crytek are being naive, they think they will automatically sell millions of copies the minute the game reaches the consoles. Crysis did well on PC, they weren't happy with the first results, but some time passed a lot of copies were sold, that's how PC sales work. They have a solid fanbase, so i don't know what they are looking for on the console market. I just hope the consoles are the goldmine they dreamed about...
MondeEdlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MondeEdlu
Member since 2005 • 181 Posts

And this is supposed to look better than first crysis?

only two conclusions can be drawn

1) considering first crysis' requirements consoles shld not be able to run this well at all hence it wont be any better than the previous cryengine

2) they just did a piss poor job optimising the first crysis

lets be honest crysis looks and plays like crap unless your close to maxing it. my gut tells me its option 2

calling it now, pc versions is gonna be delayed 2 weeks-4 months and will be $60

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GeneralShowzer

And this is supposed to look better than first crysis?

only two conclusions can be drawn

1) considering first crysis' requirements consoles shld not be able to run this well at all hence it wont be any better than the previous cryengine

2) they just did a piss poor job optimising the first crysis

lets be honest crysis looks and plays like crap unless your close to maxing it. my gut tells me its option 2

MondeEdlu
Cryengine 2 > Cryengine 3.
Spewaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Spewaged
Member since 2010 • 68 Posts

I can't wait for this game. I hope it's not dumbed down like Crysis Warhead was, however I can assume it will be. For some reason after playing Crysis I really don't like accepting anything less than it including CCC mod, and Texture mods. Warhead really broke my heart =(.

Spewaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Spewaged
Member since 2010 • 68 Posts

[QUOTE="gillri"]

[QUOTE="Dante2710"] Have you ever ventured into SW?GeneralShowzer

I think Crytek are being naive, they think they will automatically sell millions of copies the minute the game reaches the consoles. Crysis did well on PC, they weren't happy with the first results, but some time passed a lot of copies were sold, that's how PC sales work. They have a solid fanbase, so i don't know what they are looking for on the console market. I just hope the consoles are the goldmine they dreamed about...

If that's the case you can consider the PC version being any better on the next release abolished. Once this happens it's over for PC for this particular title.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts
[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="gillri"]

Have you ever ventured into SW?Dante2710

They wanted console type of sales back in 2007 , they were being naive, only 25% or less of the PC gaming community could play the game above medium settings, and they know Pc games dont sell like that, but steady sales over time. especially this game as people upgraded. By the end of 2008 they sold over 3 million copies, not counting Warhead and DD copies. I would say that 5 million + sold over the last 3 years.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GeneralShowzer
Where did you pull those numbers from. One million by April 2008 are the only official numbers released. Might have risen up to two million by now. Crysis never sold three million, it's just an internet rumor.
MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts
Oh hai......they didnt downgrade the pc version. Good! :D ANd oh hai Prophet is alive!
o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

that was rather amazingly dissapointing. The destructable enviroments looked really bad :S and the hit animations are not on par with killzone 2 and thats a console game... It seems they are somewhat overhyping the game itself riding on the graphics prowess of the first crysis. I would not be supprised if this flopped on both PC and Console lol