need help sorting out skyrim dlc

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gometa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gometa11
Member since 2016 • 11 Posts

So i recently got skyrim legendary edition and the DLC doesn't seem to be working

I am level 20-30 and i have been to riften (with no talk of anything regarding the dlc) i also can't access "data files" on the launcher since it isn't clickable and i have been to the skyrimprefs and bEnableFileSelection=1 is already under [Launcher]

I am a werewolf but i havent come across a perk tree for lycanthropes or vampires either

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

Try downloading the Nexus Mod Manager from the Skyrim Nexus website and use it to activate the .esp/.esm files for the DLC since you can't get to it through the launcher.

Any other mod manager for Skyrim would work too, though.

Gometa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Gometa11
Member since 2016 • 11 Posts

@The_Stand_In: i just downloaded it, any instructions to help xD?

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

Once you have Skyrim as the selected game (it should automatically detected it- click the green check-mark beside it to confirm the directory-, then it should ask what game you want to use with the manager), go to the "Plugins" tab near the top left and make sure that Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, Dawgaurd.esm, Dragonborn.esm, and HearthFires.esm are check-marked in that specific order. If they aren't, you can drag-and-drop them in the correct place in the list on the left side. The official texture pack (if you use it) comes after the expansions.

It's really important the .esm files are in the correct load order because that determines what loads first to last in the game. If they are out of order (or not checked) they won't load right and you will be in glitch-city or at best just missing/have broken content.