Most disappointed game for 2011?

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

I don't play BF. But I assume in BF it's a player controlling the movement of the helicoptor and not the cpu. MW you simply point and click whilst the cpu rotates around the map, and it's very easy to get kills. Also some of the air support you don't even have to aim.

And also there's tournaments for loads of crappy games. Doesn't really mean anything except those games are popular and score a high amount of viewers.

ShimmerMan

In CoD some killstreaks u control the vehicle. When it's controlled by the CPU it's meant to be like u are calling in Air Support (like the SP campaign).

With the kind of weapons those air support vehicles are carrying, aiming doesn't have to be top notch. Have a look at real life war from the air to ground.

Crappy is UR opinion.

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
BF3 is laughable game in terms of MP design, you're delusional, and this is coming from someone who has invested a lot of time into BF3: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Zubinen/stats/337003831/ I haven't touched MWF3 MP much but I can tell you its design, no matter how flawed you can consider it to be, even on killstreak enable servers is far superior to that of pre-BC1 games which were better in design than the trash DICE is giving us now. I merely prefer BF3's MP at the moment but that doesn't mean I'll lie about a game's strengths and weaknesses. I can play a game my entire life and still be honest about what it does -terribly- and yet still enjoy the game just as much, and you should be able to as well. And no I am not talking about the plethora of technical issues it has but rather the inherent flaws that even amateur game designers can easily avoid such as how disgustingly unfair the unlock system is to people who have less time to play(for example running a stacked team with guided shells + citv vs guys who don't have unlocks) not to mention that the game is flat out broken if both teams are balanced and all the players are of a decent skill level, something the guy who wrote this article would tear his eyes out over: http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html Even when my party took down a team of colonels(12 v 12 server) when we joined when it was at 110-430, ending at 97-0, it didn't feel satisfying and although calling out our locations as well as requesting support did help the group bonding experience, it's not enough to ignore issues that hold it back from being a respectable game in hardcore circles.
grafficsak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53 grafficsak
Member since 2009 • 304 Posts
Dragon Age 2 was sooo overly marketed and praised when in actuality, its one of the only games that I couldnt stomach to waste valuable time on.
Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Zubinen
Dragon Age 2 was sooo overly marketed and praised when in actuality, its one of the only games that I couldnt stomach to waste valuable time on. grafficsak
It's the same thing with other Bioware games as well. There are far too many people that buy games like this just because it can offer them many hours of low quality gameplay and they prefer that over several hours of high quality gameplay like you'd get with, say for example, Portal 2.
Silicel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 Silicel1
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts

We could say not many titles delivired there promised hype this year maybe besides TW2, the majority of hayped games can be found on this list and some deserve to be there more or less.

Mizeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Mizeak
Member since 2011 • 114 Posts

Brink and Duke Nukem

slabber44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 slabber44
Member since 2004 • 985 Posts
A lot of people disappointed with FPS games. Now I'm not defending them, but could it be that they saturate the gaming market with so many sequels and games based on the same basic story that we are all getting sick and tired of the same old crap? I agree. FPS's have become stale and repetitive. My biggest disappointment easily is Red Orchestra 2!
Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

[QUOTE="grafficsak"]Dragon Age 2 was sooo overly marketed and praised when in actuality, its one of the only games that I couldnt stomach to waste valuable time on. Zubinen
It's the same thing with other Bioware games as well. There are far too many people that buy games like this just because it can offer them many hours of low quality gameplay and they prefer that over several hours of high quality gameplay like you'd get with, say for example, Portal 2.

Im with you on this one..They took every thing great about originsand dumbed it down to a console port..Shame on them..They took the fat loot out after a kill..Couldnt even finish dao2...Never wanted to go back and give it a try..Dao origins ill play every now and than..When im not playing other games..Its really a shame and didnt gamespot give the game a freakin 10 shame on them also..The public mostly hated it..

Star wars isnt that bad..Some of my sith inquistor missions im enjoying...Wish mmorpgs would bring the group aspect of mmorpgs back to the genre..They seam to have got away from it way to much..Loved everquest for this reason..Grouping brings the mmorpg community together for a whole..I long for a game to bring back a challenge in mmorpgs like everquest had..The guild wars the fun the raiding experiance instead of just instances..Now dont get me wrong im loving star wars..Unlike most of the posters on here..Its not for every one but some of the pc gamespotters are loving the game..

ZOD777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ZOD777
Member since 2010 • 305 Posts

Well, I haven't played every game released this year, but out of the ones that I have, my nominees are...

1. Deus Ex

2. Rage

3. Crysis 2

4. Call of Duty MW3

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#60 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

Battlefield 3 is a letdown compared to past releases, like BF2 and 2142. The maps are smaller (with the exception of Strike at Karkand), and the lack of VOIP is one big oversight.

But, the game has been pretty flawless for me, from a technical standpoint. The hit detection, while off at times, is the best ever in any BF game. (Remember how terrible it was in BF2?) I have not experienced any technical problems with it either.

But, at the end of the day, BF3 is crazy fun, and that is what matters. I don't know of any other multiplayer FPS game which surpasses it in that regard.

ArchonOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#61 ArchonOver
Member since 2010 • 1103 Posts
Dragon Age 2. I was really hoping for a sequel to Origins, but it wasn't that.
scotty992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 scotty992
Member since 2005 • 2388 Posts
I dont think I have one the only game I haven't got into is Skyrim I think Im all on my own with that one.
rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#63 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
Dragon Age 2, followed closely by Brink and Crysis 2.
Sentinel112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Sentinel112
Member since 2006 • 571 Posts
Most disappointing games: Rage, Dragon Age 2, Witcher 2, Battlefield 3, Bulletstorm, Crysis 2, Skyrim, Duke Nukem Forever, Deus Ex Human Revolution and Dead Space 2. Ironically I had high hopes for this year but many games did not meet my expectations. Only Shogun Total War and then only partially.
alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 alan_carter
Member since 2009 • 1404 Posts

I wasn't dissapointed with any of my purchases this year so great year.

I'll get bf3 before 2012, hope it's all fixed, cos i wasn't too happy when playing the beta..

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#66 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

Most disappointing games: Rage, Dragon Age 2, Witcher 2, Battlefield 3, Bulletstorm, Crysis 2, Skyrim, Duke Nukem Forever, Deus Ex Human Revolution and Dead Space 2. Ironically I had high hopes for this year but many games did not meet my expectations. Only Shogun Total War and then only partially.Sentinel112

I can see why for all of those games except for The Witcher 2. That game was amazing.

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts
Modern Warfare 2, Blacks Ops, Modern Warfare 3. Didn't they all come out in 2011? I'd say BF3. It's a great game, but it lacks...something.
SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SystemsGO
Member since 2011 • 1285 Posts

Overall I'd say BRINK. Red Orchestra 2 is a close second...but I heard they at least cleaned it up since release and the modding community will revive it eventually.Croag821

Brink most definitely. It was absolutely atrocious aftera how awesome they made it sound initially it was quite poorly done, and kind of pointless to play.

CHANCESUNDANCE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 CHANCESUNDANCE
Member since 2006 • 805 Posts

no dissapointments here.

every game i played was from above average to good.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="Cwagmire21"]

I'd have to say BF3 from what I've heard from my friends. I'm so glad that I didn't fall for their peer pressure. I didn't care for the beta, but they all bought it when they came out, they played it for about a week, but have yet to touch it since.

Mr_Ditters

Story of my life. Bugs overwhelming is pretty much what stopped me from bothering with it.

I was disappointed with BF3 but probably because my expectations were too high.

After playing it some more and thinking about it, I consider it the best online shooter in existence--in spite of its flaws and what it could have been.

Whats better?

I've had way more fun in counter strike and TF2, hell even in COD 1.

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Zubinen

[QUOTE="Zubinen"][QUOTE="grafficsak"]Dragon Age 2 was sooo overly marketed and praised when in actuality, its one of the only games that I couldnt stomach to waste valuable time on. Gladestone1

Im with you on this one..They took every thing great about originsand dumbed it down to a console port..Shame on them..They took the fat loot out after a kill..Couldnt even finish dao2...Never wanted to go back and give it a try..Dao origins ill play every now and than..When im not playing other games..Its really a shame and didnt gamespot give the game a freakin 10 shame on them also..The public mostly hated it..

Star wars isnt that bad..Some of my sith inquistor missions im enjoying...Wish mmorpgs would bring the group aspect of mmorpgs back to the genre..They seam to have got away from it way to much..Loved everquest for this reason..Grouping brings the mmorpg community together for a whole..I long for a game to bring back a challenge in mmorpgs like everquest had..The guild wars the fun the raiding experiance instead of just instances..Now dont get me wrong im loving star wars..Unlike most of the posters on here..Its not for every one but some of the pc gamespotters are loving the game..

A lot of games get dumbed down but it doesn't affect certain games as much as others, for example Skyrim always focused more on the atmosphere than the gameplay and depth itself but for Dungeon Siege III, it pretty much killed the franchise because there is no way the fans would accept anything downgraded from Dungeon Siege II. For MMORPGs, we have to remember what WoW was like when it first came it out, it wasn't as polished as it was today and it didn't have nearly as much end-game content, I'm sure TOR has a decent infrastructure setup so patches can roll out quickly, I mean even Rift seems to be getting quite a bit of shine and content with what seems to be weekly patches.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#72 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts
Couldnt even finish dao2...Gladestone1
It isn't DAO2, it's a parallel storyline happening at the same time that DA:O is. It's DA2, not DAO2. Perhaps they should have named it DA: Kirkwall.
tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 tanerb
Member since 2003 • 1300 Posts

Most disappointing games: Rage, Dragon Age 2, Witcher 2, Battlefield 3, Bulletstorm, Crysis 2, Skyrim, Duke Nukem Forever, Deus Ex Human Revolution and Dead Space 2. Ironically I had high hopes for this year but many games did not meet my expectations. Only Shogun Total War and then only partially.Sentinel112

agree with yiur comment above with the exception of dead space 2. not that it was a great game but it was not very different than dead space 1 so my expectitions were not big anyway

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Dragon Age 2. I would say DNF, but I actually liked it and had fun with it.

CCpotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 CCpotter
Member since 2011 • 134 Posts

BF3, definitely this game

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts

Batman Arkham City, game just runs terrible unlike the super smooth Arkham Asylum. DA2 was very dissapointing also, just bored the hell outta me.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Batman Arkham City, game just runs terrible unlike the super smooth Arkham Asylum. DA2 was very dissapointing also, just bored the hell outta me.

V4LENT1NE
What? Arkham Asylum rang crap with PhysX enabled. Arkham City run perfect if you put DX9.... they also fixed PhysX. It just runs bad with DX11 which they are fixing at the moment.
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
Are we talking about games purchased this year or released this year?
ZOD777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ZOD777
Member since 2010 • 305 Posts

Um, then what games did you LIKE this year? Assassins Creed 2.2? MW 2.1? Indies? Dead Space 2? I don't quite get your list.