Might and Magic Heroes 6

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 sleepingzzz
Member since 2006 • 2263 Posts

Anyone try the lastest MMH6? Good? Bad? Bugs? Better than 5? Is it worth paying full price for?

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
Two main issues from what I know are related to a cursor blinking and not working properly with laptops (an un-verified patch has been released though). I also found the moved and animation not so smooth. Over all I think it is good, have only played 3 missions though.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Heard from fans that King's Bounty is a better game, but i don't know. At the moment i've got my hands full with HoMM3: Complete Edition + In The Wake Of Gods and the High Resolution mod.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Its not to bad..Its no where near as good as 3..They claimed to do every thing right i think some of it is decent..Castle creation could be improved greatly..Overall the fights are interesting..Having a fun time with it..

G-Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 G-Lord
Member since 2004 • 2141 Posts
I never played a game from the series, but I can say that the reviews from the two big German PC gaming mags are very positive: PC games 81% http://www.pcgames.de/Might-und-Magic-Heroes-6-PC-235571/Tests/Might-und-Magic-Heroes-6-im-Test-Wunderbare-Fortsetzung-mit-Schwaechen-in-der-Kampagne-849789/2/ Gamestar 85% http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/might-magic-heroes-6/wertung/46387.html But they both say that there are some bugs that have to be fixed.
Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

I also hear the game has a lot of balance issues in addition to the bugs. Hopefully patches fix all these problems.

Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Falconoffury

I just received the retail box from Amazon today, and I have to say, this is the worst retail game box I have ever encountered. It is in one of those thin DVD cases, first of all. Secondly, the plastic of the case is very thin and flimsy. It does a less than satisfactory job at protecting the game DVD. Third, and worst, is that there is no printed manual. There is a card saying that the digital manual is on the DVD. I know that I didn't order the collector's edition, but this is ridiculous.

I was at least expecting a sturdy DVD box and a printed manual, but I will have to admit, this is still better than the digital download.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

The blinking cursor bug was just fixed in a patch.

So far I'm enjoying the campaign a lot. It feels a lot more like a M&M game than the last one, that's for sure.

Love collecting loot!

My only complaint so far is that the strategic battle still feel lacking... there isn't enough variation in what you do to kepe combat fun. Right now the onyl fun aspect is getting to see/destory new monsters, but eventually I'll have encountered them all, and the battle themselves aren't that much fun (at least not until you get really high up in level).

robertlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 robertlie
Member since 2003 • 866 Posts

Two main issues from what I know are related to a cursor blinking and not working properly with laptops (an un-verified patch has been released though). I also found the moved and animation not so smooth. Over all I think it is good, have only played 3 missions though.naval

I fixed cursor blinking by disabling V-synch.

IMO the game is good. I don't know why they chose to leave out the option to enter cities though. I kinda liked the grandiose feel you got in HOMM 3 and 5, with the city themes etc..

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 menes777
Member since 2003 • 2643 Posts

Heard from fans that King's Bounty is a better game, but i don't know. At the moment i've got my hands full with HoMM3: Complete Edition + In The Wake Of Gods and the High Resolution mod.

Lucianu

Thank you, didn't know there was an HD mod for HOMM3. :)

Walincas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Walincas
Member since 2006 • 511 Posts

It's a good game, give it some time in the start, especially if you have played King's Bounty.

They have successfully improved the game, while keeping the core mechanics of the game intact.

There is the little thing about you'r strongholds thou - they changed the way you "enter" a city, to the worse imo - but it's a minor thing in the grander scale of the game and it's possibilities.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
It's awesome. I highly recommend it. :)
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#13 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/might-magic-heroes-vi

Check out what reviews are saying so far (77% overall).

Ive only played 2-3 hours of it and I was not super impressed, its nto a bad game by any means just when compared to the previous games in the series for me its nto up to scratch. Still if you love these types of games it might be just hte game you want atm, especially if you can overlook some of the shortcommings.

I am hoping they support teh game in teh future with patches,etc.. There is definatly some balancing issues that need some work.

Some of the changes I am not to happy about but hey its still very addictive and the art design is nice.

Dennislol123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dennislol123
Member since 2010 • 184 Posts

I just received the retail box from Amazon today, and I have to say, this is the worst retail game box I have ever encountered. It is in one of those thin DVD cases, first of all. Secondly, the plastic of the case is very thin and flimsy. It does a less than satisfactory job at protecting the game DVD. Third, and worst, is that there is no printed manual. There is a card saying that the digital manual is on the DVD. I know that I didn't order the collector's edition, but this is ridiculous.

I was at least expecting a sturdy DVD box and a printed manual, but I will have to admit, this is still better than the digital download.

Falconoffury

Did you make a list of the most retarded things to complain about and then picked these?

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
Going to give it afew weeks and wait for more reviews first.
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/might-magic-heroes-vi

Check out what reviews are saying so far (77% overall).

Ive only played 2-3 hours of it and I was not super impressed, its nto a bad game by any means just when compared to the previous games in the series for me its nto up to scratch. Still if you love these types of games it might be just hte game you want atm, especially if you can overlook some of the shortcommings.

I am hoping they support teh game in teh future with patches,etc.. There is definatly some balancing issues that need some work.

Some of the changes I am not to happy about but hey its still very addictive and the art design is nice.

kozzy1234
This is basically my impressions as well. It's pretty rough in certain areas at this point (needs some patch love), but I am still having a good amount of fun playing it. I like the dynasty system so far and it give the game a more persistent feeling. The skills...a little unsure at this point. I like the fact they decided to go a more RPG-ish route but somehow it feels limited...certainly not as cool as KB's skill tree imo at least. I think that's a big thing with my time with HOMMVI...King's Bounty offered such a polished, varied, and well executed game I'm finding myself constantly thinking certain things are not as good in HOMMVI. I do appreciate the focus is a bit different in HOMMVI (more strategic)...but a core component (tactical battles) are really over shadowed by KB. I just feel the units aren't as varied tactically and function wise, and the battles play out way to similarly. While this is true to an extent in KB, I think they did throw more at you (and gave you more to play with) where I found a lot more variation and fun to be had exploring tactics against a really varied line up of units.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Elann2008

Falconoffury
Some game dvd boxes are thin nowadays. To save on plastic.. as we're going the ways of the digital method. Manuals? Why waste paper.... just download the PDF file which loads up in seconds. And the game is like $40, and a full-game at that. Also a very good one.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#18 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Falconoffury
This has been the case for Ubisoft boxed copies for awhile in some regions in a push to go green.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Elann2008
[QUOTE="Falconoffury"]

illmatic87
This has been the case for Ubisoft boxed copies for awhile in some regions in a push to go green.

I'm all about "go green." :D
Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Falconoffury

If publishers are saving money by not printing manuals and using smaller boxes, why are none of the savings passed on to me? I was thinking, well I'm spending $50. I might as well go for a nice box, a DVD so I don't have to waste bandwidth allotment downloading the game, a nice printed manual, and maybe even a poster or reference card if I'm lucky. I'm used to getting these things when I buy a PC game, and it seems like a better value than just a download. These things may not be important to everyone, but they are important to me. Seeing so many people here who are totally ok with this is saddening. Opening a new game box and checking out all the cool stuff you get is a big part of the fun.

If publishers aren't going to provide a decent retail box, then I guess I am sticking to mostly the sub $10, old game market. The retail box for The Witcher 2 was awesome. That's the kind of stuff we should get for our money.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Elann2008

If publishers are saving money by not printing manuals and using smaller boxes, why are none of the savings passed on to me? I was thinking, well I'm spending $50. I might as well go for a nice box, a DVD so I don't have to waste bandwidth allotment downloading the game, a nice printed manual, and maybe even a poster or reference card if I'm lucky. I'm used to getting these things when I buy a PC game, and it seems like a better value than just a download. These things may not be important to everyone, but they are important to me. Seeing so many people here who are totally ok with this is saddening. Opening a new game box and checking out all the cool stuff you get is a big part of the fun.

If publishers aren't going to provide a decent retail box, then I guess I am sticking to mostly the sub $10, old game market. The retail box for The Witcher 2 was awesome. That's the kind of stuff we should get for our money.

Falconoffury
Might and Magic Heroes VI is $40... be grateful it isn't $50. Well, there's your $10.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Elann2008
Hmmm. I've been playing it a bit more and it's pretty clear that there are design issues. The game is also punishing because of it. Not sure how much I like this game now haha.
Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Falconoffury

Might and Magic Heroes VI is $40... be grateful it isn't $50. Well, there's your $10.Elann2008

The game is $50. Amazon is one of the very few places (possibly the only place) you can buy the box in the USA. Here is a link with proof.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004M8FUMO/ref=s9_hps_bw_g63_ir04?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-5&pf_rd_r=1BZ4H6ZXMF32Y7EKYZQC&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=801051022&pf_rd_i=229575