Mafia II Demo Available!!!!

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BDK-Soft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 BDK-Soft
Member since 2009 • 795 Posts

Did someone's experience game crashes as well? It crashed twice for me in an hour and i had to reboot my system... The game ran great though, pretty solid 60 fps with v sync on. But i had to turn Physx off it totally killed the performance and i have a 480 GTX.

HeavenIceDay
Yes once. Not sure what triggered it. PS: Another evidence that PhysX is overrated :p
VeryBumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 VeryBumpy
Member since 2008 • 1718 Posts

You guys are nuts, game runs like total crap with everything maxed out.

HeavenIceDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 HeavenIceDay
Member since 2004 • 798 Posts

[QUOTE="HeavenIceDay"]

Did someone's experience game crashes as well? It crashed twice for me in an hour and i had to reboot my system... The game ran great though, pretty solid 60 fps with v sync on. But i had to turn Physx off it totally killed the performance and i have a 480 GTX.

BDK-Soft

Yes once. Not sure what triggered it. PS: Another evidence that PhysX is overrated :p

The only difference i noticed was that more particles fly around and land on the ground. Really not worth enabling it when i get 12 fps with it and solid 60 fps without it...

BDK-Soft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 BDK-Soft

[QUOTE="BDK-Soft"][QUOTE="HeavenIceDay"]

HeavenIceDay

The only difference i noticed was that more particles fly around and land on the ground. Really not worth enabling it when i get 12 fps with it and solid 60 fps without it...

I'm just surprised that people who have a dedicated graphics card for physx are getting crappy performance. I wasn't impressed when I was in the nvidia camp either, but that's a different story =)
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Not bad.

Karl319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Karl319
Member since 2005 • 4390 Posts
Ran amazing on all max 57 was the lowest the framerate went but it was constantly flickering at 59/60. Looks good, runs well, plays good. I'm definitely going to buy it at some point.
mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts

Its good but it dont think the free roam is near as good as GTA IV. People will play the story and get bored when finished.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#58 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

HeavenIceDay
Crashes as "do not send" Or freezes?
enriK233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59 enriK233
Member since 2009 • 543 Posts

it ran very well on ati 5850 and quad core...

I was wandering what the physx opetion does??

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#60 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Can't wait for this game

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

it ran very well on ati 5850 and quad core...

I was wandering what the physx opetion does??

enriK233

Physx is designed to go with Nvidia cards. It adds semi-destructable eviroments. Pillars can chip away, grass/dirt/gravel will go flyiing from under cars wheels, and actually interact with the eviroment. Cars will explode sending scraps of metal all over the place. Glass will break into shards that interact with the eviroment.

Makes the game look A LOT better. Too bad I have only a 9800gtx+. It makes me get 23fps, compared to 60fps without physx.

Raxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Raxzor
Member since 2003 • 5399 Posts

I loved the demo and runs amazing for me maxed out!

HeavenIceDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 HeavenIceDay

[QUOTE="HeavenIceDay"]

dakan45

I meant freezes, even ctrl+alt+del didn't do anything.

BDK-Soft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 BDK-Soft

Raxzor
It's still a 10 hour game, hardly justifies 50 bucks.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#65 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="HeavenIceDay"]

HeavenIceDay

So your entire pc freezes? Damn looks i will avoid physics :(
VeryBumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 VeryBumpy
Member since 2008 • 1718 Posts

Raxzor

BS. You are the only one then or you don't have everything maxed out.

MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67 MythPro1
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts

There's an unofficial patch out that freezes the timer. I found the link on the Gametrailers forums.

Here's the link: Linkage

It's towards the middle of the page.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
[QUOTE="Raxzor"]

BDK-Soft
It's still a 10 hour game, hardly justifies 50 bucks.

matter of opinion.
HeavenIceDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 HeavenIceDay

[QUOTE="HeavenIceDay"]

[QUOTE="dakan45"] Crashes as "do not send" Or freezes?dakan45

So your entire pc freezes? Damn looks i will avoid physics :(

Yeah but i didn't even use physx, maybe fraps caused the freezing, i didn't record anything at the time it froze but it was running in the background to take some screenshots.

Played through the demo again just now without fraps and it was fine, i'm not sure if that actually caused the problem though.

ghegpatatas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ghegpatatas
Member since 2010 • 611 Posts
they still havent made the driving part easy..sheessh..:) but it looks great.
morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 morrowindnic

they still havent made the driving part easy..sheessh..:) but it looks great.ghegpatatas

I'm playing with driving on "simulation" mode, its great. Tire spin just like mine do in real life. I'm loving it.

Avatar image for deactivated-601cc8c28f97e
deactivated-601cc8c28f97e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-601cc8c28f97e
Member since 2005 • 679 Posts

Game is fun and vibrant, has the same feel as the old one. This game is extremely colorful which is the first thing I noticed. I'm running it maxed out on 1680x1050 with no physx which looks to be 30+ fps. Anybody with a decent rig can max this easily if I can. Very well optimized imo.

Avatar image for PlatoonSgtElias
PlatoonSgtElias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 PlatoonSgtElias
Member since 2003 • 70 Posts

Here is my gameplay video.

GTX470 and a i7 920 4GHz. FPS is on the top of the screen :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlcYut837F8

Resistance_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#74 Resistance_Kid
Member since 2009 • 1171 Posts

[QUOTE="Raxzor"]

VeryBumpy

BS. You are the only one then or you don't have everything maxed out.

Actually, you're the only one who had trouble running it. Everyone else including me thinks the game runs great...

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#75 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

that was a really impressive demo

driving was rather unresponsive but i'm sure i'll get used to it.

no significant slowdowns with a dual core cpu (e7200 @ 3.15ghz) with 4 gigs of ram and a 5850, had it maxed except for physics. really impressive optimization

the blur AA was annoying though. the combat was sweet, and so were the cutscenes. i love that its structured similarly to the original game.

also 10 hours isn't bad for a game these days, i'd take 10 quality hours over 20 that feel drawn out and boring any day.

JW-toch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 JW-toch
Member since 2008 • 344 Posts

I've downloaded the demo and the game looks really good! The controls aren't the best, but the feel of the game is good. The cars aren't as easy to drive as the cars in GTA IV, but I guess it's more realistic with these older cars. I'm running this game on a HD4870 1GB, 2.4 Ghz C2D and 2 GB RAM, and I'm playing it smoothly almost maxed out, so it's way more optimized than GTA IV for the PC. I'm probably gonna get this game!

Born_Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Born_Lucky
Member since 2003 • 1730 Posts

There are actually people in this thread who are saying that they don't mind paying $50, for a 10 hour game that runs like crap, has mediocre control, and lousy handling.

Heh - - good luck with all that.

Resistance_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Resistance_Kid

There are actually people in this thread who are saying that they don't mind paying $50, for a 10 hour game that runs like crap, has mediocre control, and lousy handling.

Heh - - good luck with all that.

Born_Lucky

Honestly, if it runs like crap for you, then you have a crap computer. There's no other explanation.

rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 rhazzy
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

LoL..at this guys that are saying the game runs like crap and stupid things like if u turn on physX it will kill the frame rate...

First i played the game maxed out @1920x1080 without AA and physX...almost 60fps constant...

Second time ived turned the physx at medium and i had 40-45 fps constant with minor drops..AND major UP's like indoor i had 50+ fps constant...

Anyhow this game is pretty well optimized but it is nowhere near GTA IV level of detail...One thing that catch'ed my eyes was the water...WOW...like really WOW...Spectacular!!!!Till now you could see water that is almost "real-like" in Crysis and Just Cause 2...but Mafia 2 joined those games...only u cannot interact with it :D hahahahaha...what a shame.

Oh and about physx...the only thing that is cool so far about it when you turn it on, are the breakable windows...the rest is "meah"...

P.S. @ Resistance_Kid Dude let me tell you something...the resolution is a major factor in "maxing out" games...as i saw in ur video u play @1280x1024 or lower...thats not "maxing it out"...ur not even close to max out any game at those resolutions...by definition u cannot say that you maxed out even Counter Strike 1.6(with all other setting set to highest) if you play at those resolutions...

somegtalover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 somegtalover
Member since 2007 • 2700 Posts

There's an unofficial patch out that freezes the timer. I found the link on the Gametrailers forums.

MythPro1
Man my antivirus caught that, cant get it
HeavenIceDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 HeavenIceDay

LoL..at this guys that are saying the game runs like crap and stupid things like if u turn on physX it will kill the frame rate...

First i played the game maxed out @1920x1080 without AA and physX...almost 60fps constant...

Second time ived turned the physx at medium and i had 40-45 fps constant with minor drops..AND major UP's like indoor i had 50+ fps constant...

Anyhow this game is pretty well optimized but it is nowhere near GTA IV level of detail...One thing that catch'ed my eyes was the water...WOW...like really WOW...Spectacular!!!!Till now you could see water that is almost "real-like" in Crysis and Just Cause 2...but Mafia 2 joined those games...only u cannot interact with it :D hahahahaha...what a shame.

Oh and about physx...the only thing that is cool so far about it when you turn it on, are the breakable windows...the rest is "meah"...

P.S. @ Resistance_Kid Dude let me tell you something...the resolution is a major factor in "maxing out" games...as i saw in ur video u play @1280x1024 or lower...thats not "maxing it out"...ur not even close to max out any game at those resolutions...by definition u cannot say that you maxed out even Counter Strike 1.6(with all other setting set to highest) if you play at those resolutions...

rhazzy

Well i for me at least its killing the framerate. Here i benchmarked the game with the exact same settings (Everything on max, 16xAF, AA on) other than physx.

Without physx:

With physx:

blues35301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 blues35301
Member since 2008 • 2680 Posts

Ok so last night I benchmarked at max settings w/o physx and got it hovering around 59 and 60 fps and it averaged 53 at the end. Today I go to play under the same settings and I'm noticing a slow framerate and when I benchmark it hovers around 29 and 30. What the hell is that? Anyone have anything like this going on?

Specs are ATI 4890, phenom 2 at 3.4ghz and 4 gigs of ram.

Resistance_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Resistance_Kid

rhazzy

So you don't play games maxed out because there is a resolution higher than yours? Nonscense. Maxing out refers to settings. I can always buy myself a monitor, or use my HDTV to play at a higher resolution if I want to. You cannot refer to maxing out based on the resolution. if you do, then you don't max it out either, seeing as there are resolution higher than yours...

Resistance_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Resistance_Kid

Ok so last night I benchmarked at max settings w/o physx and got it hovering around 59 and 60 fps and it averaged 53 at the end. Today I go to play under the same settings and I'm noticing a slow framerate and when I benchmark it hovers around 29 and 30. What the hell is that? Anyone have anything like this going on?

blues35301

Last night? The demo came out today...

HeavenIceDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 HeavenIceDay

[QUOTE="blues35301"]

Resistance_Kid

Not everyone lives in the same time zone...

Resistance_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Resistance_Kid

[QUOTE="Resistance_Kid"]

[QUOTE="blues35301"]

HeavenIceDay

Not everyone lives in the same time zone...

Unless he lives in Australia, then it's still the tenth...

EDIT: My bad, time on computer was wrong :|

blues35301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 blues35301

[QUOTE="blues35301"]

Resistance_Kid

What ever, I dl'ed it at like 3am and have slept since then you knew what I meant.

Either way I fixed it. It seems vsync turned itself on when I started up the game today by default. Vsync either locks at 60 or 30fps and the only way for it to lock at 60 is if your avg framerate is well above 60 at all times. So since I was more around the 50's it locked it to 30.

rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 rhazzy

So you don't play games maxed out because there is a resolution higher than yours? Nonscense. Maxing out refers to settings. I can always buy myself a monitor, or use my HDTV to play at a higher resolution if I want to. You cannot refer to maxing out based on the resolution. if you do, then you don't max it out either, seeing as there are resolution higher than yours...

Resistance_Kid

Dude just stop...if you buy urself a monitor that supports 1080...and you will run any newer game at max resolution...ur screen will be a slide-show.

blues35301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 blues35301

[QUOTE="Resistance_Kid"]

rhazzy

Dude just stop...if you buy urself a monitor that supports 1080...and you will run any newer game at max resolution...ur screen will be a slide-show.

Basically, he has a point about maxing a game at your given current available max resolution (1280x1024 for a crt) but I do agree with you that the standard should be 1080p at the very least to be considered "maxing." Yeah there are resolutions higher than that but 1080p is the standard right now and its fantastic.
morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 morrowindnic

[QUOTE="MythPro1"]

somegtalover

Man my antivirus caught that, cant get it

It works, its just a false alrm.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#94 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Can't wait for this game now!
Mafia 1 on pc was one of my all time favs and this one I was hoping would be at least close to as good.
The demo was fun! Short in length but it was fun and it loosk like the storytelling and interesting characters are back so thats all I was really worried about.

Hopefully there is some great jazz music in it like the first mafia game to (:

Cant wait!

rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 rhazzy

[QUOTE="rhazzy"]

[QUOTE="Resistance_Kid"]

blues35301

Basically, he has a point about maxing a game at your given current available max resolution (1280x1024 for a crt) but I do agree with you that the standard should be 1080p at the very least to be considered "maxing." Yeah there are resolutions higher than that but 1080p is the standard right now and its fantastic.

Well he has to know that even if he puts all other settings to max at a resolution of 1280x1024 the graphic quality will be very noticeable in comparison with a resolution of 1920x1080...but if you compare same game running at 1920x1200 and then at 1080 is really not much of a difference...

All this crap aside...Mafia 2 is very well optimized game and it runs great...but dont expect to max it out with an integrated chipset :D

rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 rhazzy

[QUOTE="rhazzy"]

First @ malebog123 ...1.yes iam cooler than you will ever be in ur life...u can live 10 lifes from now on and you wont be as cooler as i am...

2.I can bet my life that no one read what you wrote...so enjoy 5 sec. of fame since i do metion you in my post...

@Resistance_Kid Dude,go to the all mighty google and you will find out whats the "thing" with resolution in games...and then come back and say that iam right... :D

And ofc i dont max out the game either(read more carefully,first i mentioned my res. then i said about the other settings :"all maxed out, except..." )but on a scale from 1 to 10 iam at 7 or 8 regarding "maxing out"...on the other hand ur at 3 or 4...and thats only because of the resolution...

As an example...i changed my res. ingame just now to 1280x1024 and my fps doubled...this is why i said resolution is a "major" factor in maxing out games...

Ikavnieks

The first few lines in your post were lame as. Anyway, I always thought of "max" as the maximum settings that your PC can allow, if Resistance_Kid's laptop only supports up too 1280x1024 and that's what he has put his setting too, then in my books, he's maxing it (At least the res anyway)

Not really...dont be mad that iam cooler than you also...

Anyways jokes aside...Let me do an analogy on what u said there...

So lets say there is a contest of tall people...do you think is right that a man who has 2 m or more(a monitor that can do 1080 and above) and one that has 1.70 m(a monitor that can do 1280x1024 or less) should enter in the same competition("maxing it out")...in "your book" can you name the guy who has 1.70m a tall man?and is he eligible to enter the tall man contest?("maxing out")...I think those like him who have 1.70 m should enter in their own competition...the average height men contest("medium it out") :D

enriK233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 enriK233
Member since 2009 • 543 Posts

I got like 52fps average on a q9550 and 5850... isn't that a bit low?

Ikavnieks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#100 Ikavnieks
Member since 2007 • 2848 Posts

[QUOTE="Ikavnieks"][QUOTE="rhazzy"]

First @ malebog123 ...1.yes iam cooler than you will ever be in ur life...u can live 10 lifes from now on and you wont be as cooler as i am...

2.I can bet my life that no one read what you wrote...so enjoy 5 sec. of fame since i do metion you in my post...

@Resistance_Kid Dude,go to the all mighty google and you will find out whats the "thing" with resolution in games...and then come back and say that iam right... :D

And ofc i dont max out the game either(read more carefully,first i mentioned my res. then i said about the other settings :"all maxed out, except..." )but on a scale from 1 to 10 iam at 7 or 8 regarding "maxing out"...on the other hand ur at 3 or 4...and thats only because of the resolution...

As an example...i changed my res. ingame just now to 1280x1024 and my fps doubled...this is why i said resolution is a "major" factor in maxing out games...

rhazzy

The first few lines in your post were lame as. Anyway, I always thought of "max" as the maximum settings that your PC can allow, if Resistance_Kid's laptop only supports up too 1280x1024 and that's what he has put his setting too, then in my books, he's maxing it (At least the res anyway)

Not really...dont be mad that iam cooler than you also...

Anyways jokes aside...Let me do an analogy on what u said there...

So lets say there is a contest of tall people...do you think is right that a man who has 2 m or more(a monitor that can do 1080 and above) and one that has 1.70 m(a monitor that can do 1280x1024 or less) should enter in the same competition("maxing it out")...in "your book" can you name the guy who has 1.70m a tall man?and is he eligible to enter the tall man contest?("maxing out")...I think those like him who have 1.70 m should enter in their own competition...the average height men contest("medium it out") :D

It's fair for the smaller man to enter the competition, although he wouldn't win it. I don't really understand that analogy. Besides, who's computer is Resistance_Kid's in competition with anyway? If that is the maximum resolution he can put the game to, and he has, then he's maxing it out. If it isn't his max res, then no he isn't technically maxing the game out :)