Looks like Titanfall is the only game I'm excited for

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

Titanfall looks so fun compared to what else there is out there. Looks way funner than BF4.

I think Titanfall is the only game I'll buy in 2014. Do you feel the same way? Titanfall being the only game that excites you in 2014?

Also, will Titanfall have the same issue with kicking me out of games for having no packet flow like BF3 did? I hope not because I want to experience this game on my uber powerful Alienware. Yeah man, its that powerful. People be jealous.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

Go back to system wars, you arent wanted here.

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

@Nick3306 said:

Go back to system wars, you arent wanted here.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

@slipknot0129: First of all "Funner" is NOT a word!

Secondly, your "Uber powerful" Alienware ( Did you squeeze a 680 in there ? ) is, as you know just buggercrap. You've been trolololing these forums for too long with your silly Alien religion.

Be off with you, Heretic!

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Sign me in; It's the only current game I'm expecting for.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I don't feel the same way. I look at it and I see a dated game. One that probably should've come out years ago. The environments are static and boring looking, the gameplay is the epitome of rehashed, sporting uninspired mech combat that doesn't look any different than being a regular infantry soldier, etc.

There is absolutely not one thing about it that sets it apart from any games I've played in the past, other than the fact it simply combines more elements from already-existing games than the average game. If I bought the game, I could see myself putting 50x the amount of hours into DayZ Alpha than this game.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Multiplayer only? No thanks. If it has LAN play, I may consider it.

cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

If you're a semi-old gamer and have played the Unreal series, Quake, CoD, Mechwarrior, Tribes, then you'll probably see Titanfall as a little been there done that. I wouldn't mind if it had some imagination like UT did with aliens, outlandish maps, music and guns, or cool additions like invasion, making use of its clever AI. But like KH says: the maps are uninspiring, the game-play's typical mediocrity with +344!, LEVEL Up, popping up. Sod off! Someone step up and give me FEAR-like combat, a good story, memorable maps, etc. I probably wouldn't moan if a new UT or something similar were released :)

stizzal13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 stizzal13
Member since 2013 • 609 Posts

Funner

To be honest, Titanfall doesn't look that great to me, but I have grown tired of the multiplayer scene. The last multiplayer FPS I enjoyed was L4D 2. So, no, Titanfall is not the only game that I look forward to in 2014.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

@cyborg100000 said:

If you're a semi-old gamer and have played the Unreal series, Quake, CoD, Mechwarrior, Tribes, then you'll probably see Titanfall as a little been there done that. I wouldn't mind if it had some imagination like UT did with aliens, outlandish maps, music and guns, or cool additions like invasion, making use of its clever AI. But like KH says: the maps are uninspiring, the game-play's typical mediocrity with +344!, LEVEL Up, popping up. Sod off! Someone step up and give me FEAR-like combat, a good story, memorable maps, etc. I probably wouldn't moan if a new UT or something similar were released :)

It reminds me of "Starsiege: Tribes" from back in the day.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

Well, I'm hoping GTA V will be released for PC this year. My computer is ready, I just hope they won't port it like the IV.

EatShanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 EatShanna
Member since 2008 • 875 Posts

Titanfall looks alright I guess, but frankly I'm tired of "Level Up!" first-person shooters.

Nowdays when I play a shooter it's either Global Offensive or 1.6, but most days I play single-player games, multiplayer isn't as enjoyable as it used to be.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:

Multiplayer only? No thanks. If it has LAN play, I may consider it.

You really need to let go of LAN play, it's all about online now.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#14 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

I wouldn't rush into buying it simply because its an EA published game. They've done an awful job launching Battlefield 4, which is still suffering from a lot of bugs and connection problems. I'm definitely going to wait till its out to see how its received because I'm not going through this again.

I'm still looking forward to it and also The Witness.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FelipeInside

@biggest_loser said:

I wouldn't rush into buying it simply because its an EA published game. They've done an awful job launching Battlefield 4, which is still suffering from a lot of bugs and connection problems. I'm definitely going to wait till its out to see how its received because I'm not going through this again.

BF4 now plays fine.

I've been playing for the past month without a single crash or any game breaking bugs. It still needs work but DICE have done a great job in fixing it quickly. I agree it shouldn't have launched like that even after a long beta.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@biggest_loser said:

BF4 is only a minor botch up for EA compared to some of their other game launches (Sim City 5 anyone?) - if anything it just proves they're incapable of learning from their mistakes. EA will rush anything they can out the door.

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@biggest_loser said:

BF4 now plays fine.

I've been playing for the past month without a single crash or any game breaking bugs. It still needs work but DICE have done a great job in fixing it quickly. I agree it shouldn't have launched like that even after a long beta.

minus netcode issues still (so much fun to just empty like 8 bullets into someone and not get a single hit market pop up)

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

you say it funner when there's no proper gameplay...

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

It looks good to me, but not a day one. South Park will be my first day 1 in 2014.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#20  Edited By biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@biggest_loser said:

BF4 now plays fine.

If you read the comments on the Battlelog people are still having problems. The crashes have eased up, save for the occasional ones, but there are still issues relating to latency, failure to connect to games, impossibly long loading times and the headshot bug. They haven't done a great job at all. They released patches without even testing them and some of these actually broke previously stable features in the game. This has been an embarrassment and why EA is now facing a lawsuit.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FelipeInside

@biggest_loser said:

@FelipeInside said:

@biggest_loser said:

BF4 now plays fine.

If you read the comments on the Battlelog people are still having problems. The crashes have eased up, save for the occasional ones, but there are still issues relating to latency, failure to connect to games, impossibly long loading times and the headshot bug. They haven't done a great job at all. They released patches without even testing them and some of these actually broke previously stable features in the game. This has been an embarrassment and why EA is now facing a lawsuit.

I see.

I haven't had any of those issues thankfully. My BF4 never crashes, I don't ever failed to connect to a server (I only play on my favourites though). I don't have any lag issues at all (I play on local servers with 8-10ms ping). The loading times are a lot better than they were before (I load from SSD though).

My friend that always plays with me also never has any of these issues, just a longer loading time than me cause he is on HDD.

Maybe it depends on servers?

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#23 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

I would put more faith in titanfall because respawn have done well making polished call of duty games before.

There are a few other interesting games next year: Witcher 3, Watch Dogs