Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#53 top_lel
Member since 2014 • 886 Posts

@xxninja666xx said:

@top_lel said:

Bioshock 1 & 2 probably?

Have you read the whole OP?

I read. Mind giving those games a second try?

xxninja666xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By xxninja666xx
Member since 2011 • 737 Posts

@top_lel said:

I'd be a sixth or seventh try in my case. While I'd love to get to know Bioshock's story, I hate the way it handles gameplay and that's what's daunting for me. It's extremely hard to kill a single enemy, while they, on the other hand, are extremely deadly. Guns are basically useless, unless you use them to detonate explosive objects. You have to rely on environmental kills and when you run out of objects to burn, freeze, or electrocute, you'll most likely see a loading screen 5 seconds later and will have to do it all over again.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 top_lel

@xxninja666xx said:

@top_lel said:

I'd be a sixth or seventh try in my case. While I'd love to get to know Bioshock's story, I hate the way it handles gameplay and that's what's daunting for me. It's extremely hard to kill a single enemy, while they, on the other hand, are extremely deadly. Guns are basically useless, unless you use them to detonate explosive objects. You have to rely on environmental kills and when you run out of objects to burn, freeze, or electrocute, you'll most likely see a loading screen 5 seconds later and will have to do it all over again.

Well guess you can try Castlevania Lords of Shadows series. I'm out of options.

xxninja666xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 xxninja666xx

@top_lel said:

I'm out of options.

You give up too quickly ;)

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 top_lel

@xxninja666xx said:

@top_lel said:

I'm out of options.

You give up too quickly ;)

Maybe you're just too picky? but really, I think Lords of Shadows might really be up your alley.

xxninja666xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 xxninja666xx

@top_lel said:

Maybe you're just too picky?

Maybe.

@top_lel said:

but really, I think Lords of Shadows might really be up your alley.

A game about a badass dude seeking to beat the crap out of Dracula and his sidekicks in revenge for killing his wife. Really mature...

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 top_lel

@xxninja666xx said:

@top_lel said:

Maybe you're just too picky?

Maybe.

@top_lel said:

but really, I think Lords of Shadows might really be up your alley.

A game about a badass dude seeking to beat the crap out of Dracula and his sidekicks in revenge for killing his wife. Really mature...

nah you're wrong. Those were the old Castlevanias. Not Lords of Shadows. LoS is different. Play the first one (Puzzles alert, but you can always skip them) and you'll know.

xxninja666xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 xxninja666xx

@top_lel said:

nah you're wrong. Those were the old Castlevanias. Not Lords of Shadows. LoS is different. Play the first one (Puzzles alert, but you can always skip them) and you'll know.

Hmmm... you got me interested. Eh, it's worth a shot. Let's just hope I won't end up disappointed for the third time in a row.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 top_lel

@xxninja666xx said:

@top_lel said:

Hmmm... you got me interested. Eh, it's worth a shot. Let's just hope I won't end up disappointed for the third time in a row.

the reviews for the first LoS were off-putting but as a big vampire fantasy fan, I gave it a try. Despite the repetitive mission structure of the first LoS, the story was enough to keep me intrigued. The gameplay shines truly in the second LoS, but they somehow managed to mess up what could have been an amazing ending to the saga,. But it's still worth a shot. For one reason or the other, you will like the game.

egger7577

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#62  Edited By egger7577
Member since 2004 • 721 Posts

If you haven't played The Witcher 2, play it and play it now. One of the most bad ass games ever created. It sounds like you're looking for a good anti-hero and this game this fits the bill. You can adjust your path accordingly.

Also, I would suggest the Dragon Age series, Skyrim and Mass Effect trilogy. All of those games you can choose your own path to whichever way you choose.

xxninja666xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By xxninja666xx

@egger7577 said:

Also, I would suggest the Dragon Age series, Skyrim and Mass Effect trilogy. All of those games you can choose your own path to whichever way you choose.

Your post lost every bit of credibility it had when you said this. None of these have mature stories (not entirely sure about Mass Effect, but it's Bioware, so I'm skeptical as all hell about quality of the writing).

egger7577

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#64  Edited By egger7577
Member since 2004 • 721 Posts

@xxninja666xx: Mass Effect is very mature and quite good minus the questionable ending.