Sanch5375

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sanch5375
Member since 2015 • 36 Posts

Bought this controller a few weeks ago, and can't seem to get it to run on my Windows 8 at all with steam or anything else. Any recommendations

elessarGObonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#2  Edited By elessarGObonzo
Member since 2008 • 2677 Posts

@sanch5375: the old Saitek gamepad i had had to be configured to emulate keyboard keys to work in most games and programs. applications just saw it as regular keyboard input so worked with everything.

you can download a Xbox360 gamepad emulator program that will trick software into thinking you have one of those. they can be configured to work with almost any input device out there and are guaranteed to work with 90% of games out over the last 4-5 years and anything new that comes.

the gamepad emulator is titled Xinput or maybe that's just the files it uses, don't remember. just google.

first, i would see what software Logitech offers for those same purposes. they should have a fix for you.

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts

@sanch5375: The F710 has two input modes (Direct Input and Xinput). Most modern games support the Xinput standard so make sure the switch on the front of the controller is switched to the "X". Also make sure you have the latest software drivers for the controller from Logitech's website.

Nur-Ab-Sal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nur-Ab-Sal
Member since 2015 • 26 Posts

@sanch5375: I have that controller and didn't have any issues. I am using Windows 7 however. As @General_X said most "Controller enabled" games will recognize the device when it is in Xinput mode. Did you install the Logitech drivers? Use the official Logitech site at: logitech.com/support/f710

Sanch5375

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sanch5375
Member since 2015 • 36 Posts

Appreciate the info all of you, I will look into it as soon as i have a chance to see if it works

RockmasteR-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 1

#6 RockmasteR-_-
Member since 2006 • 270 Posts

the Logitech F710 is a great gamepad, it'll work as a standard gamepad and as an Xbox 360 controller, I have the F310 which is the same as F710 but it's wired and with no vibration, but unfortunately the F710 is not compatible with Windows 8 or 8.1, there is a video on youtube that shows how to make a F710 works on Windows 8 / 8.1 as a 360 controller

here is the video link:

https://youtu.be/r72vJxv-pVs