Kill the Pirates! A anti-piracy brain storming session!!!!!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aveman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 aveman1
Member since 2004 • 3383 Posts
How can we stop piracy, video games and other wize. Criminal pentaly? Capital Offense? House arrest with loss of computer usage rights? Is there a system that won't be too uncomfertable to live with, yet will remain resiliant enough not to be broken? Could it stay ahead of the pirates, always updating and changing based on their tactics? Can we make a program so adaptive... perhaps it will even develop ways to strike back at the pirates!!

" KILL THE PIRATES! " 
HavocEbonlore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 HavocEbonlore
Member since 2007 • 483 Posts
Sorry, can't kill piracy.

What are the penalties for piracy anyway? Seems like people download without a care.
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
Best way to stop piracy is to make a great game that people will want to buy it for the whole package. Oblivion had NO copyprotection whatsoever and still sold very well.
aveman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 aveman1
Sorry, can't kill piracy.

What are the penalties for piracy anyway? Seems like people download without a care.
HavocEbonlore
To my knowledge, no modern legislation has caught up to piracy penalties. Besides I think house arrest for the people who leak the files. But can we beat them so far, that we can eliminate the everyday Joe from pirating? Still... where there is a will... THERE IS A WAY. KILL ALL PIRATES!
1337_ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 1337_ownage
Member since 2006 • 1668 Posts
piracy will never end.......kids are pirates..i mean 10 yr olds...all they need is lime wire and they will start using it...sorry theres no way to stop it
Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Herrick
Member since 2004 • 4549 Posts
I hear a lot of people (myself included) say that games aren't worth $50. So making games worth the full price would be a good start. 
zayl99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zayl99
Member since 2007 • 614 Posts
It would be too hard to track the pirate. Everything is digital. Plus if you try to track an IP address, all you need to do is unplug your modem to change it.
SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SuperBeast
Member since 2002 • 13229 Posts
It is virtually impossible to stop piracy... You might as well be asking to win the war on drugs or something.... Why are you so worried about it anyways? There have been tons of studies done that prove piracy have a *very* minimal effect on game sales. Just a couple of days ago Microsoft even mentioned that piracy has helped them. I believe the quote was "If you're going to be a pirate, we want you to steal from us" or something along those lines.
johnnyb47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 johnnyb47
Member since 2004 • 408 Posts
Believe me when I say that if there were a coercive way to stop piracy, then the corporations would have already adopted it.
Terrorantula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#11 Terrorantula
Member since 2007 • 1795 Posts

Everyone i know who downloads games including myself wouldn't pay for them anyways. I usually buy new games that i have to for multiplayer but if a game doesn't have multiplayer then whats the point? Might aswel download it for single player.

I often download old games that i can't find in shops.

However if i think the games great then i'll buy it, i just skin demos and download the full game.

Sirthugalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sirthugalot
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts
Hire cheap labour to monitor the net, feed them with rice and water and keep them cleaned.
It's impossible to stop it, because all protection is being cracked within months and for every file sharing system that goes down, there is a new one.

Face it, unless we have communism all over the world and we get monitored 24/7
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts

Everyone i know who downloads games including myself wouldn't pay for them anyways. I usually buy new games that i have to for multiplayer but if a game doesn't have multiplayer then whats the point? Might aswel download it for single player.

However if i think the games great then i'll buy it, i just skin demos and download the full game.

Terrorantula
What's the point? How about contributing to the industry that you seem to enjoy so much?
SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SuperBeast
Member since 2002 • 13229 Posts
Here's the recent article about Microsoft supporting piracy. http://techdirt.com/articles/20070312/165448.shtml
Terrorantula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15 Terrorantula
Member since 2007 • 1795 Posts
[QUOTE="Terrorantula"]

TheCrazed420

What's the point? How about contributing to the industry that you seem to enjoy so much?

I said i buy games in enjoy so i'll see more of them games, however if the games crap then i obviously wont lol. 

Life is just too expensive, i cant afford to buy every game and specially in the UK : VAT puts 17.5% on everything which is annoying + u get quite abit taken out of ur wage packet from the goverment which is annoying. Also i have bills to pay for the house and electric and gas + water etc etc. I have car bills and petrol is enarlt £1 per LITRE and you guys over in America pay per gallon : and its nearly $2 to £1.

I dunno living in the UK is just too expensive, even Food costs me like £100 a week ontop of all that.

So i probally have like £50 at the end of the month for myself so im not going to spend it on a game lol.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#16 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
1. Make better games 2. Online authentication 3. All games need to download a small file at launch to work (stops release date piracy) like on steam
ufopuller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#17 ufopuller
Member since 2004 • 6054 Posts

Have them walk the plank after being keel-hauled

flclempire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#18 flclempire
Member since 2004 • 4914 Posts
make the penalty for digital piracy death
lukedogg69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lukedogg69
Member since 2003 • 138 Posts
Anything "they" do to stop piracy wont work, it only makes more hassle for consumers
ChocoKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 ChocoKat
Member since 2006 • 319 Posts
piracy will never end.......kids are pirates..i mean 10 yr olds...all they need is lime wire and they will start using it...sorry theres no way to stop it1337_ownage

Interesting. My office is filled with "adults". Mind you most have six figures salary and they act like Blackbeard. Every piece of software they have is pirated. Oh, and by the way. When you use your corporations CD-Key, you are pirating too.
godofratz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 godofratz
Member since 2005 • 398 Posts
You can't stop people from piracy, but you can do a better job catching them and actually prosecuting people for it. Charge them the lawyer fees and court costs and other fines. Do this to just a few and people will think twice about what they are doing. Or let developers scan your computer at each start.

Unfortunetly, people don't like the idea of internet police and we would have to give up some liberties with the internet just for a preventive measure. 
Kodai_kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kodai_kun
Member since 2005 • 1413 Posts

I hear a lot of people (myself included) say that games aren't worth $50. So making games worth the full price would be a good start.

Then they'll just say it's not worth $40, then $30, then $20 It's simply an excuse.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

There are some law firms that deal with copyright infringements of certain publishers that are now tracking torrents and sending warnings to the ISP of the offender. I think this would be a good system if a nice, heavy fine were to follow with it.

What I don't understand is the general attitude in the PC community that it's okay to download games.  It's no different from going into a store and stealing a game off a shelf, except that it's easier.  It's really quite sickening.  Not to mention the people who buy a nice new gaming system and then they say they can't afford games, don't have a job, or they have to pay for rent, blah blah blah.  So many excuses.

It even LESS understandable now considering how cheap games have become, probably as a result of piracy.  Games are coming out much cheaper and hold their value for only very small amounts of time, before they're dropped to $20 or so.

dar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 dar_
Member since 2003 • 8762 Posts
Why the hell are people so eager to ZOMG KILL THE PIRATES? I never got it.

The piracy panic propagated by the various industries only hurts the consumer in the end. It is because of that fearmongering that we have more restrictive DRM and more annoying copy protection. You keep hearing that propaganda about piracy, how it causes millions in losses (which is basically wildly inaccurate), and how you need to be able to do less so that the evil pirates don't steal more. In fact, even calling it "piracy" is part of it - piracy involves pillaging ships on high seas and killing people, not infringing copyrights.

I couldn't care less if someone downloads the game I bought. Doesn't make me angry that I paid and they didn't. It would probably be nicer if they paid for it, but what the hell, I don't really care what they do.
rage8669

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rage8669
Member since 2006 • 205 Posts
Aarrgg matey...i'm ball balls! i'm here to steal your sh**!
i wonder if the TC remembers the sony "rootkit" fiasco?
ChocoKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ChocoKat
Why the hell are people so eager to ZOMG KILL THE PIRATES? I never got it.....
I couldn't care less if someone downloads the game I bought. Doesn't make me angry that I paid and they didn't. It would probably be nicer if they paid for it, but what the hell, I don't really care what they do.
dar_

The "I don't care attitude" is really the problem. How would you like it if someone took the money you earned after every car you washed? How about his one. You work really hard in a ****and at the last minute, someone takes your grade. How woudl you feel?

I guess since it doesn't affect you personally, it's all good then. *Sigh*
ardylicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ardylicious
Member since 2004 • 1107 Posts
Best way to stop piracy is to make a great game that people will want to buy it for the whole package. Oblivion had NO copyprotection whatsoever and still sold very well.TheCrazed420
Yeah but Oblivion had huge commercial hype aswell as morrowind being a classic so on the name alone it succeeded. What about games like Anno1701, Dark messiah, rise of legends. No console hype to make them succeed. Great games are being made its just that some use it as an excuse to pirate. Maybe PC games are not for you if you feel this way.
I hear a lot of people (myself included) say that games aren't worth $50. So making games worth the full price would be a good start. Herrick
PC games are cheap as chips, its console games that are a rip off . Thats another argument that doesen't brush off. When i was little games were available to the odd burrower. Now because of torrents anyone can pirate. With that and the introduction of the dvd writer has caused problems. They need to start clamping down very hard on torrents.
Platearmor_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 Platearmor_6
Member since 2004 • 2817 Posts
I looked at an article a while ago about the UK government pumping £5,000,000 into an anti piracy programme that focused on films, games, software and music. I don't have a problem with people downloading games aslong as if they like them they purchase them because not all games now days have demos. Saying that if more dev teams released accurate demos more people would download the demo to try a game rather than download a whole copy of the game.
dar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 dar_
Member since 2003 • 8762 Posts
[QUOTE="dar_"]Why the hell are people so eager to ZOMG KILL THE PIRATES? I never got it.....
ChocoKat

The "I don't care attitude" is really the problem. How would you like it if someone took the money you earned after every car you washed? How about his one. You work really hard in a ****and at the last minute, someone takes your grade. How woudl you feel?

Car analogies don't work with copyright infringement. A more accurate analogy would be me washing a number of cars in zero time and using zero energy and other resources, and only getting money for part of the batch of washed cars. Of course, that makes little sense.

The thing is, copyright infringement isn't stealing. That doesn't make it right, it makes it different from stealing. What you can do to help is buy the game, because if I set up 500 computers in a closed room, and download the game onto every single one of them, I won't take away any money from anyone. If I buy the game, I'll actually make a difference. So, the point is, buying the game and encouraging people to buy it makes a greater impact than trying to chase the evil pirates.

Or, you could slap fifty kinds of copy protection on it and DRM the hell out of it to stop the evil bastards from stealing more of the dev studio's hard earned money.
Jack_Summersby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jack_Summersby
Member since 2005 • 1444 Posts
Capital Punishment is the only thing that will stop these Nerdorrists. Death to the malware/virus writers of the world!
mark4091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mark4091
Member since 2007 • 3780 Posts
I'm not going to pay a dollar per song from itunes, sorry no stoping, but its not like I dowload movies or games.
portujoel5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 portujoel5
Member since 2003 • 745 Posts
What a weird conception you all have.

Literature and music, for example. After so many years, 100 I think that is, they become universal patrimony, that means you don't have the right to sell them. Whatever they charge you for a Beethoven disc, is due the materials spent in the making of the disc, not the music inside. I agree with this, because charging for knowledge, or music, is awful. Of course, people need to eat, so you charge for taking the disc and giving it to people. $1 a song is ok, I guess, but you don't need to pay for music. That's record labels working your wallet, not their god given right. Copyright is an abomination.
    Don't you think Microsofts power is a lot? What more money does he need to receive for his invention? I don't feel like I'm stealing from Bill Gates when I use a pirate copy of Windows, I feel he's the one robbing us, charging an absurd amount of money for me to be able to use a computer. If you don't agree with me, you might do when you read what happend with Harvard's $100 laptops and Microsoft. They put Linux in them, because putting Microsoft would make them worth almost double! And they're meant for poor people, and still, Gates refuses to help. (althou Bill Gates has that omg so damn big foundation with his wife and helps many people, but I'm talking about MS)
    Games aren't any different, for me at least. $50 for a game is... just wrong. You're paying like $5 tops for the box and what it has inside, and $45 for the program. And when you get home from buying a game you didn't even had the time to try, because no Demo was release, you find out that you threw away some bucks in something you won't ever play.
    One thing is supporting a company that makes a good game, other is defending their "right" to not let us play if their servers are too busy (steam?)
mark4091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mark4091
Member since 2007 • 3780 Posts
[QUOTE="portujoel5"]What a weird conception you all have.

Literature and music, for example. After so many years, 100 I think that is, they become universal patrimony, that means you don't have the right to sell them. Whatever they charge you for a Beethoven disc, is due the materials spent in the making of the disc, not the music inside. I agree with this, because charging for knowledge, or music, is awful. Of course, people need to eat, so you charge for taking the disc and giving it to people. $1 a song is ok, I guess, but you don't need to pay for music. That's record labels working your wallet, not their god given right. Copyright is an abomination.
    Don't you think Microsofts power is a lot? What more money does he need to receive for his invention? I don't feel like I'm stealing from Bill Gates when I use a pirate copy of Windows, I feel he's the one robbing us, charging an absurd amount of money for me to be able to use a computer. If you don't agree with me, you might do when you read what happend with Harvard's $100 laptops and Microsoft. They put Linux in them, because putting Microsoft would make them worth almost double! And they're meant for poor people, and still, Gates refuses to help. (althou Bill Gates has that omg so damn big foundation with his wife and helps many people, but I'm talking about MS)
    Games aren't any different, for me at least. $50 for a game is... just wrong. You're paying like $5 tops for the box and what it has inside, and $45 for the program. And when you get home from buying a game you didn't even had the time to try, because no Demo was release, you find out that you threw away some bucks in something you won't ever play.
    One thing is supporting a company that makes a good game, other is defending their "right" to not let us play if their servers are too busy (steam?)

hey I'm a musician man, but charging for a single song is stupid, If you bought a disk, like an old single it's at least owning something, instead of paying for information on you're hard drive . I buy albums not single songs from itunes. You can collect an album and the art for example I own Dark side of the moon on record, I would gladly pay for it but buying songs online is just stupid.
portujoel5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 portujoel5
Member since 2003 • 745 Posts
I'm with you, Mark.
geitenvla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#35 geitenvla
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts
I don't think piracy will ever end; people can come up with something (protection) and at the same time other people try to break through. One major advantage hackers have is: they have time on their side. A developer works from say: 9 to 5. A hacker can try to beat a system 24/7.

Platearmor_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 Platearmor_6
Member since 2004 • 2817 Posts
I had to illegaly download all the songs that my girlfriend has on CD because DRM stops her from putting them onto her MP3 player. Its just sad that anti piracy measures stop me from using the product how its aloud to be used yet it doesn't stop all the people pirating this stuff. Yet if non of this piracy stuff was around we would have a very bad industry indeed. I'm sorry to say my uncle is terrible for piracy, he talks about it ripping a rented DVD as if its a great achievment, I've managed to get him to dull it down a little and now he rips TV shows more than anything.
ChocoKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ChocoKat
[QUOTE="portujoel5"]What a weird conception you all have.

Ignorance is strong with this one.
fieryfood_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 fieryfood_dude
Member since 2002 • 253 Posts
Best way to stop piracy is to make a great game that people will want to buy it for the whole package. Oblivion had NO copyprotection whatsoever and still sold very well.TheCrazed420

Anyone know how many Oblivion copies sold for the pc vs 360?
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#39 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
[QUOTE="ChocoKat"][QUOTE="portujoel5"]What a weird conception you all have.

Ignorance is strong with this one.

The best part is he thinks he was saying something profound...
njdss4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#40 njdss4
Member since 2003 • 2721 Posts
How can we stop piracy, video games and other wize. Criminal pentaly? Capital Offense? House arrest with loss of computer usage rights? Is there a system that won't be too uncomfertable to live with, yet will remain resiliant enough not to be broken? Could it stay ahead of the pirates, always updating and changing based on their tactics? Can we make a program so adaptive... perhaps it will even develop ways to strike back at the pirates!!

" KILL THE PIRATES! " aveman1
Sorry that you feel like you need to lash out at the people who were smart enough to wait for the torrents to come out of the games they want to play. Now they play for free while you stew in your room knowing you paid $50 or more for the same game. Piracy is the only way the average joe gets to play games. It'll never go away. Actually, I take that back. Why don't you go buy all the games that people are pirating and give them away. That way everyone is happy. Problem solved.
Avatar image for elemental_drago
elemental_drago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 elemental_drago
Member since 2004 • 1816 Posts

[QUOTE="dar_"]Why the hell are people so eager to ZOMG KILL THE PIRATES? I never got it.....
ChocoKat

Well said. I have many friends who work as programmers and when you steal their software (eg: pirate it) you're effectively stealing food from their mouths. BS you say?! Well let's follow the trail here. His job (in that whether he has one or not, and how much he gets paid) is based on how well the software sells. This is because the comany needs money to come in to, in turn, pay him. Oh but what's one person? That's what way too many people think. It adds up!

But games are [too] expensive! Well...TS! It's a luxury. I would love to have a BMW, maybe even a couple. How 'bout one for each day of the week or my many moods! That would be great. But i can't afford that. I don't solve this by stealing them from the lots. I just get over it and move on with my life!

Also, we wouldn't have intrusive DRM if people weren't stealing. They need to protect their investments. Why? Next time you're at work, walk up to your boss and tell them, as a favor to the company, they can pay you less from now on. Hell, you'll work for free! Who needs money anyways?! It'll be a great oppurtunity to meet your landlord.

fatMasterFlex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 fatMasterFlex
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts

Sorry bud piracy will never cease to exist ,people will always  make a buck downloading halo 2 from a illegal site,copying illegal copies of the disk and distribute them for a mer 20 bucks.Today people dont care if there charged with piracy ,money is all they want and its what there still getting.

Die pirates die!

Samulies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Samulies
Member since 2005 • 1658 Posts
I was palying CSS on the day oblivon was released. people had high pings and when queeried they said something along the lines of "well oblivion torrent is out" I think PC games would sell 2x if torrent wasnt around.
aveman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 aveman1
I'm upset that no one mentioned the obvious way. It's so amazing that it would work on drugs, all theft, laziness, prejudice and could prevent war! We could just ensure our kids understand the ideals we put out for them... like how capitalism works. I mean.... not just let them know about it.... but make sure they understand FULLY, and BELIEVE in OUR values. Ideals like anti-theft should be in a child from the beginning of speech, and thus why aren't parents being mroe responsible in plugging their children's minds? Perhaps it's bad parenting which comes from the life the parents are in.

A lower income family, who's elders even occasionally shop lift, coupon clip, and are working otherwize 19 hour days, 7 days a week, do not have the time to raise a child that would work the best in a capitalist society. If we could elevate the lower grade there is a high chance more proper ideals would be installed in them.

Ofcourse.... rellying on people to have honor not to do certain actions is well beyond humanity right now. Eww... I feel like a religous prophet... I'm gonna go write somthing that DOSEN'T correspond with anything THAT major religon has to say.

Keep thinking people. There is a way.
aveman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 aveman1

Die pirates die!

fatMasterFlex
Thats the spirit, KILL THE NON-BELIEVERS. (( Makes ya feel like an ass saying it, doesnt it?))

EDIT: Not having the money for a game is no justifacation for stealing. To surivive, maybe. But for enjoyment? Would you steal a multi-million dollar car just to have fun in it, even if you couldn't afford it? Even if it's your income that cannot support the purcahse, it remains not an excuse for theft. Also: It's not about mad that someone is getting the game for free, even if I paid. This is CAPITALISM people! We cannot allow the loss of billions of dollars to go unnoticed. Thats a good $50,000 per investor if that money was poured back where it was belongs. Capitalism works like a machine, and it's lubricant is commerce. Piracy is the enemy of commerce! Thus.... PIRACY MUST FALL! KILL ALL PIRATES!
sergio_afonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sergio_afonso
Member since 2004 • 460 Posts
You want to end piracy? Do you really? Its very simple...lower prices!!! 50 or 60 Euros for a game? Now, thats piracy!!!
fatMasterFlex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 fatMasterFlex
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts

The world is going to hell and pirates are a big part of it.Companies spending million's of dollars against agaist theft and people still dont give a crap.stupid torrent shoulden't even exist.millions or even billions of dollars are being mad by piracy and people still dont give a crap unless they get what they want unless its at a cheaper price and no poor panda's die in the process.People are losing their jobs cause the company has a security leak,Hackers get in wreck havok steal whatever they touch and people lose their jobs.Good job pirates! i bought your "product" like i bought my drugs and i got half the price off!!!

aveman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 aveman1

The world is going to hell and pirates are a big part of it.Companies spending million's of dollars against agaist theft and people still dont give a crap.stupid torrent shoulden't even exist.millions or even billions of dollars are being mad by piracy and people still dont give a crap unless they get what they want unless its at a cheaper price and no poor panda's die in the process.People are losing their jobs cause the company has a security leak,Hackers get in wreck havok steal whatever they touch and people lose their jobs.Good job pirates! i bought your "product" like i bought my drugs and i got half the price off!!!

fatMasterFlex

I don't entirely agree with torrents being bad. Their method of distribution is brilliant... just what it's being used for is nasty. And while our economy is taking a good hit from pirating, we are still floating. Still... all that cash being poured straight back into the economy. Even if only 50 million of the funds are actually spent out of the billions being stolen, it's still worth it. Now, hackers are a different matter entirely. Worse then pirates, but that's for a other religious zealot riot.
eighthnemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 eighthnemesis
Member since 2005 • 48 Posts
The problem has unfortunately grown from bootleg games. Piracy now sees nobody profiting. other than getting that free game that is. Its being run by groups of people who never meet, much like us here on this board, so how do you go after that? Its like a non existent entity. And people are smart so there is no copy protection that cant be broken eventually so these protections just inconvenience the people who buy the game. I think the only way to stop this is change peoples opinions. This is a very hard thing to do and those adverts on TV really dont do anything
aveman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 aveman1
I wouldn't call the pirate networks a non-physical unit. Yes, it is not based in a single place, it's not a nation with boarders, or a rebel group physically fighting. But just because they lack an apparent face, doesnt mean they aren't existent and hurting all of us. I know there is no way to stop a hack into DRM, but we should be going after breaking the pirates themselves. And it IS an existent entity, don't dare say that it is not! Any effect that steals billions is Definitely and existing threat, and thus can be stopped.