Is the wait for the GTA port worth it?

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

^^ Again, learn to read (you seem to have trouble doing so) I said I wouldn't loose sleep if GTA5 never came to PC, cause there are far better games out there. If it does, I will be first waiting for reviews on the quality of the port before buying. If it's anything similar to GTA4, they won't see a penny from me.

And ur not supporting a superior product, in ur mind u think u are.... GTA4 was one of the worst ports in history, and an ok-to-good game as well. And once more LEARN to READ: I said that they do it cause people buy it on both platforms.  If people just bought it on PC or on Console, the sales figures would be different.

Don't give me this BS of "they can do it cause they have GTA".  What a load of crap.  You think Infinity Ward wouldn't sell Call of Duty on PC if they did staggered releases?   Or Ubisoft with Assassins Creed?   Yeah right.

One last time: they are the ONLY company that does it. Doesn't make it right. You want to support that, go for it. Other people actually have morals and want to be treated better before paying for a product.  

If they came out and said "Hey guys, it's coming to PC but a few months later cause we want to optimize it etc" (like Ubisoft does for example), then it would be fine.  I would glady wait and be the first to buy their product.  But alas they want to take the High Horse road and go "Well, PC might be in our thoughts later on, we really don't care" etc etc.  And then expects us to go rushing to the shop when they decide to port it.  (yet some idiots will)

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
Personal attacks. And yes, considering I've actually played the game and you're talking straight out of your ass, I am supporting a superior product. "Other people actually have morals..." ...LOLOLLLLLLLLOLLLOOLLL Holy sh*t I haven't laughed that hard in a while. You must be the most melodramatic poster on GS. They're doing it for the money. Don't take it personally, and never get into business. You'd get eaten alive.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 chrisrooR
And they don't expect it for no reason. It's not just "some idiots", it's enough people rushing to get it to equate to about 150 million extra dollars.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 FelipeInside

Personal attacks. And yes, considering I've actually played the game and you're talking straight out of your ass, I am supporting a superior product. "Other people actually have morals..." ...LOLOLLLLLLLLOLLLOOLLL Holy sh*t I haven't laughed that hard in a while. You must be the most melodramatic poster on GS. They're doing it for the money. Don't take it personally, and never get into business. You'd get eaten alive. chrisrooR

Personal attacks where? Who's the one taking this personally? I am just stating my opinion on the matter, and you yours. That is what a discussion is about (this is a forum after all).

Like I said, they are the only ones that do it.... and it's because we allow them to. Just then news that Dark Souls 2 would be released shortly after consoles. Now there's a company that's actually trying (if u remember, they released part 1 after a huge petition).

They respect that there are gamers on PC as well and are trying their best to bring out the product on there as fast as possible, not just as an afterthought nearly a year later. And hell yeah Rockstar are doing it for the money.... and u are supporting THAT, not some superior product that u think u are.

Let's leave this here, it's no use running around in circles.  You have a different opinion on this matter than me and that's fine.  I will wait for reviews on the PC Port and then decide if I buy it or not.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#55 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]And...? I can wait, I guess you can't. If the port is good I don't see the point of buying an inferior version just for the sake of playing it NOW NOW NOW. But I guess not everyone has self control like I do.the_bi99man

Agreed.

Same.  I rarely, if ever replay a game so I will wait for the PC version, and play only that.  There's really nothing wrong at all for waiting for the PC version.  To think otherwise, sounds like people have self-control issues.  It's not to die for.. nor do you need it so why couldn't you wait?  Sounds stupid that people are trying to convince others to wait or not wait.  But I am waiting.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#56 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
I am waiting for the moment. Things might change if some of the games I am looking forward to turn out to be turkeys. I still have some other games to catch up on.
merigoldsass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 merigoldsass
Member since 2011 • 575 Posts

It just feels so frustrating that I can play it now, but on the PS3. Is it worth it even with the frame rate, graphics and terrible aiming?mkjohns
  shooting felt like max Payne 3, face animation looked good, cars look ok, everything else looks like shit. (note i am used to pc gaming at 2560 x 1600). i played gta 5 for a few hours on ps3 and i hate the graphics very jagged looking and bland textures, character hair looks like shit, etc.... i will try returning the game and waiting for the pc port. even a shitty pc port will probably look much better than gta 5 on the current consoles. wait for the pc version.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

p>

It's very relevant.

I'm originally from Argentina (u were very close :P). I live in Australia now.

Over there in South America, as well as Asia and also Europe, they actually SELL consoles with cracked chips inside them and other methods. You then buy the game, insert it and press play, that easy. Heck, you even buy cracked games (copies) for cheaper.

You don't even have to copy or mount anything like you have to on PC. Basically, like I said before, it's easier than PC. Also, there are more console players, and therefore more piracy. It's totally different to somewhere like Australia, the US or UK.

I'm not saying there is no piracy on PC, because there is, and lots of it, but don't believe what you read all the time.

FelipeInside

Reminds me of the PS1 and PS2 days, when you could get your console chipped and buy games for £0.50 :P

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#59 torenojohn7
Member since 2012 • 551 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]p>

It's very relevant.

I'm originally from Argentina (u were very close :P). I live in Australia now.

Over there in South America, as well as Asia and also Europe, they actually SELL consoles with cracked chips inside them and other methods. You then buy the game, insert it and press play, that easy. Heck, you even buy cracked games (copies) for cheaper.

You don't even have to copy or mount anything like you have to on PC. Basically, like I said before, it's easier than PC. Also, there are more console players, and therefore more piracy. It's totally different to somewhere like Australia, the US or UK.

I'm not saying there is no piracy on PC, because there is, and lots of it, but don't believe what you read all the time.

Postmortem123

Reminds me of the PS1 and PS2 days, when you could get your console chipped and buy games for £0.50 :P

You can still do that with Ps3 CFW and Xbox 360 pirate dvd can't you ? I personally think that GTA 5 will come to PC eventually and i have a lot of stuff to do to keep me occupied for like 6 more months.. though i'd love to see a December release but god i don't want ta sloppy port !
Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts
I got it yesterday for my PS3... There's nothing wrong with playing it on console at all. Buy it and if then wait for it to come to PC and steam deal that thing.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 chrisrooR

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"]Personal attacks. And yes, considering I've actually played the game and you're talking straight out of your ass, I am supporting a superior product. "Other people actually have morals..." ...LOLOLLLLLLLLOLLLOOLLL Holy sh*t I haven't laughed that hard in a while. You must be the most melodramatic poster on GS. They're doing it for the money. Don't take it personally, and never get into business. You'd get eaten alive. FelipeInside

Personal attacks where? Who's the one taking this personally? I am just stating my opinion on the matter, and you yours. That is what a discussion is about (this is a forum after all).

Like I said, they are the only ones that do it.... and it's because we allow them to. Just then news that Dark Souls 2 would be released shortly after consoles. Now there's a company that's actually trying (if u remember, they released part 1 after a huge petition).

They respect that there are gamers on PC as well and are trying their best to bring out the product on there as fast as possible, not just as an afterthought nearly a year later. And hell yeah Rockstar are doing it for the money.... and u are supporting THAT, not some superior product that u think u are.

Let's leave this here, it's no use running around in circles.  You have a different opinion on this matter than me and that's fine.  I will wait for reviews on the PC Port and then decide if I buy it or not.

" learn to read (you seem to have trouble doing so)" That was a personal attack. I'm reading what you're saying fine. Companies that "actually try" wouldn't be able to make nearly as much money as Rockstar is going to from staggering the release. Dark Souls 2 is NO GTA V. Rockstar IS doing it for the money, but so is EVERY other gaming company out there today. They get more money, they're able to keep up with their insane development costs, and we end up getting bigger and bigger games. I don't see how it's hard to draw the conclusion that the more money they get the more you support the company. And you haven't even played GTA V, so I KNOW it's a superior product to any other open world game.
slabber44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 slabber44
Member since 2004 • 985 Posts

Instead of all this B.S. about Rockstar and what they should or should not do, to answer the the TC's question. If you can't wait for PC release get it for console. If you are worried about graphics and so forth then watch gameplay on youtube and make your own choice. Some people can wait others can't. Personally I could give a flying rats ass about the game. I'll get it, but many months from now (on sale) only because I have little to no intrest in the game.

John_Read

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 John_Read
Member since 2009 • 1214 Posts
R* tried to kill mods with every patch If gta 5 doesn't support mods like Bf4 then it's not worth
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#64 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Yep, it's way better than GTA IV, I have it on 360 and will pick it up on PC whenever it's out on it.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

I think people will have their own reasons but for me it wasn't worth the wait. Game looks fantastic on consoles and yes im a pc gamer. The frame rate is also pretty solid i mean of course it does dip but its not awful like some games especially for what your getting visually. Also ive noticed very little in the way of texture pop in actually none at all besides in the intro cinematic after the brief prologue. This is on 360 can't speak for ps3. My biggest complaint? intro load screen is long as hell but after that theres no loading really. Quite frankly i felt / feel like im playing a next gen game in terms of quality and attention to detail. When it does come to pc(and it will just a matter of time) It will be the same game honestly. Better graphics yeah but only so much i mean the game was designed with consoles in mind so its not gonna be some day and night difference just simple stuff like higher rez textures and higher draw distance stuff like that. As for mods well i really don't care for most of them. I mean flying around in GTA4 as iron man was fun for all of 2 mins. This is also not the type of game that needs mods to fix stuff i mean its basically perfect out the box.

Of course i know I'm in the minority on these forums but if you seriously think you're gonna get the vastly different experience on pc you're sippin the kool aid imo. I guess it comes down to how much you truly value mods. I personally dont and prefer the official content and DLC by far. For me I'm glad i didn't wait would have been some unholy torture to play this fantastic game.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 FelipeInside

I think people will have their own reasons but for me it wasn't worth the wait. Game looks fantastic on consoles and yes im a pc gamer. The frame rate is also pretty solid i mean of course it does dip but its not awful like some games especially for what your getting visually. Also ive noticed very little in the way of texture pop in actually none at all besides in the intro cinematic after the brief prologue. This is on 360 can't speak for ps3. My biggest complaint? intro load screen is long as hell but after that theres no loading really. Quite frankly i felt / feel like im playing a next gen game in terms of quality and attention to detail. When it does come to pc(and it will just a matter of time) It will be the same game honestly. Better graphics yeah but only so much i mean the game was designed with consoles in mind so its not gonna be some day and night difference just simple stuff like higher rez textures and higher draw distance stuff like that. As for mods well i really don't care for most of them. I mean flying around in GTA4 as iron man was fun for all of 2 mins. This is also not the type of game that needs mods to fix stuff i mean its basically perfect out the box.

Of course i know I'm in the minority on these forums but if you seriously think you're gonna get the vastly different experience on pc you're sippin the kool aid imo. I guess it comes down to how much you truly value mods. I personally dont and prefer the official content and DLC by far. For me I'm glad i didn't wait would have been some unholy torture to play this fantastic game.

Gen007

I think draw distance is a very important aspect in an open sandbox game.

Maybe you need to play GTA4 on consoles and then on PC so you can see the difference.

Like I said before, some people have self control, others don't.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 chrisrooR

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

FelipeInside

Maybe you need to play GTA4 on consoles and then on PC so you can see the difference.

LOL or some people can afford to buy both versions. You make it seem like self control is the ONLY factor here people are using. It sounds like you're just stroking your own ego "BAH I have self control! All those other people don't have what I have!"
Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

I'm waiting for it, and I'm doing my best to avoid spoilers and seeing the game in action.

I don't think the console version is worth ruining the game for. It wouldn't be a great experience anyway - 20fps, sub-HD and other impurities.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

chrisrooR

LOL or some people can afford to buy both versions. You make it seem like self control is the ONLY factor here people are using. It sounds like you're just stroking your own ego "BAH I have self control! All those other people don't have what I have!"

Congrats on reading my posts wrong yet again...

Maybe forget me and read what other people are saying.  They too are waiting for the superior product cause they have a gaming PC.   Nothing wrong with waiting for a better product which at the same time will be cheaper.

Deadpool-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Deadpool-n
Member since 2012 • 489 Posts

Nah, it is just that good of a game. I'm glad I didn't wait. I'll just buy it again on a steam sale or something once a bunch of cool mods and extras are out. For now I'll enjoy it with my friends on PS3.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 FelipeInside

Nah, it is just that good of a game. I'm glad I didn't wait. I'll just buy it again on a steam sale or something once a bunch of cool mods and extras are out. For now I'll enjoy it with my friends on PS3.

Deadpool-n
Is MP available or will come later?
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Gen007

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

FelipeInside

Um Ive but in a good amount of hours with GTA5 so far and have never said to my self man i wish i could see further especially since you spend most of the time in the city where buildings fill the skyline anyway. Second, I owned GTA4 on consoles first and then later on pc and did it look better graphically? yes but  the game played and felt exactly the same. Biggest difference actually affecting gameplay imo was the traffic setting which i left at default anyways. Its not really an issue of self control (I have plenty) its a matter of knowing that waiting for a pc version isn't gonna reap me some uber magical rewards or something. I don't usually say this but yolo quite frankly yeah i could wait a year to play this game to get better draw distance which im really not gonna notice in the long run or i can enjoy it now. 

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Gen007

[QUOTE="Deadpool-n"]

FelipeInside

later 2 weeks i believe.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

Gen007

Um Ive but in a good amount of hours with GTA5 so far and have never said to my self man i wish i could see further especially since you spend most of the time in the city where buildings fill the skyline anyway. Second, I owned GTA4 on consoles first and then later on pc and did it look better graphically? yes but  the game played and felt exactly the same. Biggest difference actually affecting gameplay imo was the traffic setting which i left at default anyways. Its not really an issue of self control (I have plenty) its a matter of knowing that waiting for a pc version isn't gonna reap me some uber magical rewards or something. I don't usually say this but yolo quite frankly yeah i could wait a year to play this game to get better draw distance which im really not gonna notice in the long run or i can enjoy it now. 

That's fine. I personally find it better to wait for a cheaper, better version of the same product. I have a gaming PC so I can have that luxury thankfully.
Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

FelipeInside

That's fine. I personally find it better to wait for a cheaper, better version of the same product. I have a gaming PC so I can have that luxury thankfully.

Same here.

Buying the same product twice is ridiculous beyond belief. GTA 5 is such a massive game that I really hyped, I sure as hell ain't gonna ruin it with the console version.

Deadpool-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Deadpool-n
Member since 2012 • 489 Posts

[QUOTE="Deadpool-n"]

FelipeInside

Releases Oct 1

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#77 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

It is an amazing game and so much better than GTA 4, if you own a console I would say get it now, if you dont then just wait for PC version.

Yes Im sure the PC version with mods and better graphics/performance will be better but stop trying to put people down who are enjoying the console version right now. Acting like myself, mitu or sean are not real pc gamers because we bought the game on a console instead of waiting 5-12 months.

Rockstar did a fantastic job on Max Payne 3 pc version and LA Noire was not to bad either, the only game I had issues with for them on PC was gta 4 when it first released it had a good amount of issues. Not everyone who likes this game is a rockstar fanboy.... I was very harsh on them after gta4 as it was not nearly as fun to me as SA or Vice City and a dissapointment, but they have released some fantastic games in the last while, Max Payne 3 ran and looked good on pc, Red Dead Redemption and now GTA5 I enjoyed a ton to.

If they want to take half a year to work on a PC version I have no problem with it (especially if it will support mods and run/look better). Having tried this game at a friends I had to go out and buy it on console to enjoy right now, felt like enjoying the game instead of acting entitled. I can see both sides of the argument here but after seeing it in motion I had to buy it, not only is it a modern masterpeice but it is such a huge improvement over gta 4 that I dont mind rewarding them for the first time by buying two copies of gta 5 one day.

Rockstar is on the right track again, RDR was better than GTA4, GTA5 is much better than GTA 4 and they are finally doing great versions for PC now (Max Payne 3 was waaay better on pc than consoles and ran and looked good on pc). Only bought two copies of games in the last 10 years and that was for TF2 a copy to play on 360 with my cousin and of course a pc copy for mods and the better version), the other will be gta5 it is a landmark game in the sandbox genre and the gta series imo.

Also Felipe, you defend SWTOR like you're life depends on it yet you are calling others fanboys and blind for supporting rockstar after making there best game yet?

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#78 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

I don't really have a choice, unfortunately.

Postmortem123

I'm in the same boat.

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#79 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

It is an amazing game and so much better than GTA 4, if you own a console I would say get it now, if you dont then just wait for PC version.

Yes Im sure the PC version with mods and better graphics/performance will be better but stop trying to put people down who are enjoying the console version right now. Acting like myself, mitu or sean are not real pc gamers because we bought the game on a console instead of waiting 5-12 months.

Rockstar did a fantastic job on Max Payne 3 pc version and LA Noire was not to bad either, the only game I had issues with for them on PC was gta 4 when it first released it had a good amount of issues. Not everyone who likes this game is a rockstar fanboy.... I was very harsh on them after gta4 as it was not nearly as fun to me as SA or Vice City and a dissapointment, but they have released some fantastic games in the last while, Max Payne 3 ran and looked good on pc, Red Dead Redemption and now GTA5 I enjoyed a ton to.

If they want to take half a year to work on a PC version I have no problem with it (especially if it will support mods and run/look better). Having tried this game at a friends I had to go out and buy it on console to enjoy right now, felt like enjoying the game instead of acting entitled. I can see both sides of the argument here but after seeing it in motion I had to buy it, not only is it a modern masterpeice but it is such a huge improvement over gta 4 that I dont mind rewarding them for the first time by buying two copies of gta 5 one day.

Rockstar is on the right track again, RDR was better than GTA4, GTA5 is much better than GTA 4 and they are finally doing great versions for PC now (Max Payne 3 was waaay better on pc than consoles and ran and looked good on pc). Only bought two copies of games in the last 10 years and that was for TF2 a copy to play on 360 with my cousin and of course a pc copy for mods and the better version), the other will be gta5 it is a landmark game in the sandbox genre and the gta series imo.

Also Felipe, you defend SWTOR like you're life depends on it yet you are calling others fanboys and blind for supporting rockstar after making there best game yet?

kozzy1234

Did they really do a good job with Max Payne 3?  Game was like 30GB.  I mean, it was smooth and fun to play, and I don't want to nitpick or anything, but there was no reason for Max Payne 3 to be 30GB.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#80 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

NeonNinja

Did they really do a good job with Max Payne 3?  Game was like 30GB.  I mean, it was smooth and fun to play, and I don't want to nitpick or anything, but there was no reason for Max Payne 3 to be 30GB.

The graphics weren't out of this world. Although the smooth controls and gameplay was wonderful. Other than that, it didn't warrant the massive 30GB file size.
Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#81 Lost-to-Apathy
Member since 2012 • 459 Posts

Nope. The game is worth playing now. Some people will say that you're impatiant for not waiting for the better version, but why wait when it's enjoyable as it is? I played Arkham City on PS3 before I played it on PC, and guess what? It really wasn't any more fun on PC. The graphics were nicer, but graphics don't make the fcking game! If it's fun, it's fun. If you want to torture yourself by waiting for a game you really want to play, go right ahead. I know some of you don't have a console, and I can understand that perspective. But if you have a PS3 or X360, you shouldn't wait, if it really is something you want to play badly. And who knows? GTAV might not even happen for all we know. Maybe Rockstar has decided it's not worth their time.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 FelipeInside

Nope. The game is worth playing now. Some people will say that you're impatiant for not waiting for the better version, but why wait when it's enjoyable as it is? I played Arkham City on PS3 before I played it on PC, and guess what? It really wasn't any more fun on PC. The graphics were nicer, but graphics don't make the fcking game! If it's fun, it's fun. If you want to torture yourself by waiting for a game you really want to play, go right ahead. I know some of you don't have a console, and I can understand that perspective. But if you have a PS3 or X360, you shouldn't wait, if it really is something you want to play badly. And who knows? GTAV might not even happen for all we know. Maybe Rockstar has decided it's not worth their time.

Lost-to-Apathy

Why do people think you "torture" yourself with waiting for a better version of the same game?

Sure I would like to play it now (but Rockstar doesn't like that), but I would be quite happy waiting for a superior version which at the same will be cheaper.

Plenty of other games out there to keep my time.

Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Lost-to-Apathy

[QUOTE="Lost-to-Apathy"]

FelipeInside

Why do people think you "torture" yourself with waiting for a better version of the same game?

Sure I would like to play it now (but Rockstar doesn't like that), but I would be quite happy waiting for a superior version which at the same will be cheaper.

Alright. Go right ahead. I don't feel the same. I'm having a blast playing Grand Theft Auto V right now. I do not feel like waiting for better graphics. Plus, it hasn't even been announced. Who knows how long you're going to have to wait. That's the problem. Maybe I would have considered waiting if there was an actual confirmation.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#84 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Actually, now is the perfect time for me to play on the PS3.   With games like Wasteland 2,  Project Eternity, Divinity: Original Sin, Dead State, Might & Magic X coming out next year.. possibly the new Torment & Grimoire also...I'll be too busy playing new CRPGs (it's about time!) to worry about GTA. 

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="Lost-to-Apathy"]

Lost-to-Apathy

Alright. Go right ahead. I don't feel the same. I'm having a blast playing Grand Theft Auto V right now. I do not feel like waiting for better graphics. Plus, it hasn't even been announced. Who knows how long you're going to have to wait. That's the problem. Maybe I would have considered waiting if there was an actual confirmation.

My point exactly and why I disagree with Rockstar's poor treatment of PC players. But, even waiting for the PS4 would be a better version.

Mcspanky37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Mcspanky37
Member since 2010 • 1693 Posts

I'd just play it on the PS3. Rockstar's PC ports are always on the shoddy side at best.

And who said it's coming to the PS4? It's not coming to the PS4 or Xbox One.

Avatar image for Allenmorgan1234
Allenmorgan1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Allenmorgan1234
Member since 2013 • 65 Posts

why not as i am in all the support to have a play by the coming game version of the very famous GTA .. and quite sure that like me, there are many who are on the same verge of thinking

QVC Coupon

Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Lost-to-Apathy
why not as i am in all the support to have a play by the coming game version of the very famous GTA .. and quite sure that like me, there are many who are on the same verge of thinkingAllenmorgan1234
what
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Gen007

[QUOTE="Lost-to-Apathy"]

FelipeInside

Well if you want to play said game and its already out and will be for for some time it's not a good feeling regardless of weather or not your willing to wait. Second you keep saying it will be cheaper but i game like GTA5 is probably gonna be $50 on pc with no sales or price drops for at least a little while after launch it wouldn't end up being that much cheaper if you bought it righjt away.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="Lost-to-Apathy"]

Gen007

Well if you want to play said game and its already out and will be for for some time it's not a good feeling regardless of weather or not your willing to wait. Second you keep saying it will be cheaper but i game like GTA5 is probably gonna be $50 on pc with no sales or price drops for at least a little while after launch it wouldn't end up being that much cheaper if you bought it righjt away.

"it's not a good feeling" ??? Are people really that impatience in this day and age? I can wait, cause there are heaps of games to play. As for the price, if Rockstar really do release it a full price 8 months down the track.....well, that's just more arrogance from them.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Gen007

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

FelipeInside

"it's not a good feeling" ??? Are people really that impatience in this day and age? I can wait, cause there are heaps of games to play. As for the price, if Rockstar really do release it a full price 8 months down the track.....well, that's just more arrogance from them.

So you like waiting then? It's not about being able to wait or willing to. Plenty of people can do that but I highly doubt you actually like having to wait. You've said it yourself that you think they are arrogant for not annoucnig a pc verion so you can't be a fan of the wait game im assuming. That's the point im getting at. Also I would be extremely shocked to see GTA5 going for anything less then $50 at launch on pc even if its a year from now. Its a premium game and it's gonna sale for a premium price they know that. It will also take it a long time to drop in price unlike most pc games these days.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Gen007"]

Gen007

So you like waiting then? It's not about being able to wait or willing to. Plenty of people can do that but I highly doubt you actually like having to wait. You've said it yourself that you think they are arrogant for not annoucnig a pc verion so you can't be a fan of the wait game im assuming. That's the point im getting at. Also I would be extremely shocked to see GTA5 going for anything less then $50 at launch on pc even if its a year from now. Its a premium game and it's gonna sale for a premium price they know that. It will also take it a long time to drop in price unlike most pc games these days.

I get what ur saying now. Like I mentioned, I don't mind waiting, but when the wait is actually justified. For example, I love the AssCreed Series....and I always have to wait a few more weeks to get it on PC, while my friends finish it on consoles. I don't mind cause Ubisoft announce it for PC, then say "Give us a few more weeks to optimize it". Fine. But with Rockstar though: "We are not interested in PC"....then a year down the track, when they have exhausted all their console paychecks... they come running and say "Hey, we made this just for you PC gamers". Pure BS. Wait not justified, especially what we got in the form of GTA4 after a year....
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#93 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

[QUOTE="mkjohns"]It just feels so frustrating that I can play it now, but on the PS3. Is it worth it even with the frame rate, graphics and terrible aiming?couly
Graphics are the best I've seen on consoles. The frame rate is excellent and the aiming/driving are all perfect. Rockstar are magicians. If you don't play it when you can there's something wrong with you.

Yeah I was worried it would be a technical mess on modern consoles, especially with some people complaining about pop in and frame rate, as well as the sheer ambition and beauty of the game existing on modern consoles.

I have to say, it looks great and runs smoothly. Frame rates only get choppy when exploring in submarines or when the action gets intense, but nowhere near as choppy as, say, Blight Town in Dark Souls. Performance wise, if you're obsessed with perfect graphics there is a slight bit of pop in and low res textures if you look up close in some places, but those issues are rare and the game is easily one of the most gorgeous games on consoles.

I'd say it's worth buying it now if you really cannot wait. I know I couldn't.

Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts

[QUOTE="Lost-to-Apathy"]

FelipeInside

The torture doesn't come from yourself really. It comes from every single person you know talking about the game :P

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

It might come after the Red Dead Redemption port, in case any of you diehards are still holding out for that too.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="Lost-to-Apathy"]

Prexxus

The torture doesn't come from yourself really. It comes from every single person you know talking about the game :P

Nope, still feel fine and normal without playing GTA5.   It's the other way around actually, hearing people talk about bad framerate, pop in textures, bugs and the likes, I'm happy I am waiting for a better version.

Hopefully Rockstar do a good port and brings us this

slabber44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 slabber44
Member since 2004 • 985 Posts

[QUOTE="Prexxus"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

FelipeInside

Nope, still feel fine and normal without playing GTA5.   It's the other way around actually, hearing people talk about bad framerate, pop in textures, bugs and the likes, I'm happy I am waiting for a better version.

Please Felipeinside, let it rest! You've made your point clear. Please quit and let this topic rest in peace.
Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
Get the game now, if you can, and then get it again for PC and enjoy the enhancements. I did that with GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, GTA IV and the episodes, and plan to do the same for V. My 360 wired controller has also worked well for all of them.
funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 funkyzoom
Member since 2005 • 1534 Posts

[QUOTE="Prexxus"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

FelipeInside

You hit the nail right on the head, FelipeInside. I don't mind waiting for GTA V, and its not really a matter of life and death even if they never release GTA V for PC( which is highly unlikely). I agree that tha GTA games are terrific, but GTA is by no means the best franchise of all times, like how most people are making it out to be. There are much better games than GTA V. If they port it to PC, well and good. I'll pre order it. But even if they don't, I'm not gonna lose my sleep over it, and just keep myself occupied with other games.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#100 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

How long did it take after the release of GTA IV for a PC version to be announced? I remember the PC version trailer, but when did they officially announce it? I think it could give us a good timeframe for when a potential announcement might happen.

My money is on a release either 6 months after as usual (March), or slightly longer at around April-May (especially seeing how May is the month Rockstar usually releases games and they don't seem to have anything major planned for next May).