Is the wait for the GTA port worth it?

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
I'm not planning to pick it up for PC. I don't think it's going to be worth holding your breath for. GTA V was meant to be played on consoles.
couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 couly
Member since 2004 • 6278 Posts
It just feels so frustrating that I can play it now, but on the PS3. Is it worth it even with the frame rate, graphics and terrible aiming?mkjohns
Graphics are the best I've seen on consoles. The frame rate is excellent and the aiming/driving are all perfect. Rockstar are magicians. If you don't play it when you can there's something wrong with you.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

I don't really have a choice, unfortunately.

Erratic_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Erratic_Knight
Member since 2003 • 167 Posts

Considering that GTA V Online is capped at 16 players due to current gen techs, there's no reason to not wait (or double buy) when PC/next gen systems come out. The Player caps will definitly increase. IMO 16players in that GTA V world is not nearly enough...

gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
GTA IV is probably one of the most modded games ever... I'll probably get it for the PS3, and then again for the PC just for the mods. If you're not good with the mouse/keyboard, remember you can get a controller for the PC.
Deevoshun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Deevoshun
Member since 2003 • 868 Posts

I will buy it again for PC, game is so good I couldn't wait, not 1, not 3 or 6 months.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

I'm enjoying it enough that I'll certainly double dip. The graphics are fantastic and the framerate has been smooth for me. If you're the kind of PC gamer who breaks out in hives from thinking about touching a controller then maybe you're better off twiddling your thumbs.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

GTA and controllers are a NO GO for me. I will be waiting for PC version. Console version doesn't even make me flinch. 

If it lags like crap on everyones pc then I will just not buy it and wait until I buy a better pc to make my purchase. 

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I already bought it on the PS3. I'm not waiting. The game is truely fantsatic. 

Playing the game again on the PC in a few months at 1080p and 60fps (hopefully) will be a completely different experience. 

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

I'm trying my best to wait, but it's getting pretty tough. I've been messing around with IV since V released.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
It just feels so frustrating that I can play it now, but on the PS3. Is it worth it even with the frame rate, graphics and terrible aiming?mkjohns
Well it's already been proven that the console version has some framerate problems, texture popins and draw distance limitations. If the PC GTA5 port is as bad as the GTA4, then no...play it on consoles. But hopefully the GTA5 port is as good as the Max Payne 3 one (fingers crossed). If so then yes, it's worth waiting for on PC like I am doing. Plenty of games to play in the meantime.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="mkjohns"]It just feels so frustrating that I can play it now, but on the PS3. Is it worth it even with the frame rate, graphics and terrible aiming?couly
Graphics are the best I've seen on consoles. The frame rate is excellent and the aiming/driving are all perfect. Rockstar are magicians. If you don't play it when you can there's something wrong with you.

No there isn't, there is something wrong with this kind of new generation thinking where everything has to be NOW NOW NOW.

People these days have no patience whatsoever.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
Not if you have a console. Go buy it. Right now. I bought the PS3 bundle just for it, and I haven't regretted it once. I picked up a couple extra shifts at work to cover the costs...and my god it was worth it.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 chrisrooR

[QUOTE="couly"][QUOTE="mkjohns"]It just feels so frustrating that I can play it now, but on the PS3. Is it worth it even with the frame rate, graphics and terrible aiming?FelipeInside

No there isn't, there is something wrong with this kind of new generation thinking where everything has to be NOW NOW NOW.

Patience? It's been two YEARS since the first trailer. This game has been in development for almost a full FIVE YEARS. If you can afford to buy two copies of a game, this is the one to do it.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="couly"] Graphics are the best I've seen on consoles. The frame rate is excellent and the aiming/driving are all perfect. Rockstar are magicians. If you don't play it when you can there's something wrong with you.chrisrooR

Patience? It's been two YEARS since the first trailer. This game has been in development for almost a full FIVE YEARS. If you can afford to buy two copies of a game, this is the one to do it.

And...? I can wait, I guess you can't. If the port is good I don't see the point of buying an inferior version just for the sake of playing it NOW NOW NOW. But I guess not everyone has self control like I do.
Gamartto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Gamartto
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts
For me the wait wasn't worth it... the game is awesome... but I have no doubt that it'll be amazing on a PC with good specs and mods (enb+textures).
Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
We know its coming but I cant say I want to get it on there. I already have it on PS3 and while the visuals arent all that great - I know for sure the player base is going to be huge and sustained. I probably WILL get it for PC for the visuals and maybe for the online play once that has been established. We'll see though. The game is great all the same. I love it.
Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Normally there is a midnight madness for games im sure there was..When i picked up my 360 copy there was a line..Normally the night after there is none..Was total shock..The day after isnt usually that crowded..Wasnt that bad maybe 20 people but still..Games awesome in my eyes so far..The water graphics remind me of farcry a little..The city looks amazing..Shooting is a lot easier as some one mentioned..

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

And...? I can wait, I guess you can't. If the port is good I don't see the point of buying an inferior version just for the sake of playing it NOW NOW NOW. But I guess not everyone has self control like I do.FelipeInside

Agreed.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#21 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
PLAY IT NOW. pick it up cheap on pc later. Game is GREAT!
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 chrisrooR
[QUOTE="chrisrooR"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

FelipeInside

And...? I can wait, I guess you can't. If the port is good I don't see the point of buying an inferior version just for the sake of playing it NOW NOW NOW. But I guess not everyone has self control like I do.

Good for you. I think we're all glad you feel good about yourself. And considering you've labelled it as the 'inferior version', you've forgotten that it's currently the only version; so labelling it as such is wrong. It's A version; and you'd be surprised at how amazing the game actually looks. If you have a console, buy this game. It's going to be worth the extra money, because IMO the game itself is worth way more than 60 dollars.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="chrisrooR"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="chrisrooR"] Patience? It's been two YEARS since the first trailer. This game has been in development for almost a full FIVE YEARS. If you can afford to buy two copies of a game, this is the one to do it.

Good for you. I think we're all glad you feel good about yourself. And considering you've labelled it as the 'inferior version', you've forgotten that it's currently the only version; so labelling it as such is wrong. It's A version; and you'd be surprised at how amazing the game actually looks. If you have a console, buy this game. It's going to be worth the extra money, because IMO the game itself is worth way more than 60 dollars.

Feel good about myself? Where did I say that? I merely said that I can wait, and other people can't. Congrats on just putting words in my mouth, lol.... Like the other poster said " If you don't play it when you can there's something wrong with you." So people waiting for it on PS4 and XBone have also something wrong with them? I'm glad the game is great and I glad you like it, but like I said before, if the port is done correctly the PC version will be superior. That is fact since GTA4 was one of the worst ports and still was a vastly superior (and cheaper) version to it's console counterparts. I'm patient enough to wait for that.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 chrisrooR
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="chrisrooR"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] And...? I can wait, I guess you can't. If the port is good I don't see the point of buying an inferior version just for the sake of playing it NOW NOW NOW. But I guess not everyone has self control like I do.

Feel good about myself? Where did I say that? I merely said that I can wait, and other people can't. Congrats on just putting words in my mouth, lol.... Like the other poster said " If you don't play it when you can there's something wrong with you." So people waiting for it on PS4 and XBone have also something wrong with them? I'm glad the game is great and I glad you like it, but like I said before, if the port is done correctly the PC version will be superior. That is fact since GTA4 was one of the worst ports and still was a vastly superior (and cheaper) version to it's console counterparts. I'm patient enough to wait for that.

"But I guess not everyone has self control like I do." - This sounded a little self-serving and douchey. Nothing's wrong with people. It's that this game isn't worth waiting for PC if you have a console. Buy both. I'm a huge PC gamer, and I don't deny the PC game will have better graphics...but just trust me on this. It's absolutely amazing.
Mcspanky37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mcspanky37
Member since 2010 • 1693 Posts
Fantastic game, but my PS3 is definitely struggling with it. Framerate problems, bad pop-in, etc.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="chrisrooR"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="chrisrooR"] Good for you. I think we're all glad you feel good about yourself. And considering you've labelled it as the 'inferior version', you've forgotten that it's currently the only version; so labelling it as such is wrong. It's A version; and you'd be surprised at how amazing the game actually looks. If you have a console, buy this game. It's going to be worth the extra money, because IMO the game itself is worth way more than 60 dollars.

"But I guess not everyone has self control like I do." - This sounded a little self-serving and douchey. Nothing's wrong with people. It's that this game isn't worth waiting for PC if you have a console. Buy both. I'm a huge PC gamer, and I don't deny the PC game will have better graphics...but just trust me on this. It's absolutely amazing.

I didn't mean to sound like that, I just meant that I can wait for the PC version and not go all crazy midnight launch like other people do. I can see the game is good, one of my friends has it, but regarding Rockstar's awful attitude with PC gamers I don't even know if I should give them my money (probably will anyway cause I want these games to be on PC, even though that's where they started and got popular). Amazing? Well obviously I haven't played it yet but from videos just seems like any other GTA with better graphics. I'm more interested in Watch Dogs personally.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FelipeInside
Fantastic game, but my PS3 is definitely struggling with it. Framerate problems, bad pop-in, etc.Mcspanky37
@chrisrooR: this is what I mean by I would rather wait for the better version.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 chrisrooR
[QUOTE="Mcspanky37"]Fantastic game, but my PS3 is definitely struggling with it. Framerate problems, bad pop-in, etc.FelipeInside

I haven't had the problems he's having. I do have a brand new PS3 out of the box though, so that may be affecting him a bit. Again, I'm not doubting the game's going to be graphically enhanced on the PC, just that if you have a console it's entirely worth it to buy it now.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Mcspanky37"]Fantastic game, but my PS3 is definitely struggling with it. Framerate problems, bad pop-in, etc.chrisrooR

I haven't had the problems he's having. I do have a brand new PS3 out of the box though, so that may be affecting him a bit. Again, I'm not doubting the game's going to be graphically enhanced on the PC, just that if you have a console it's entirely worth it to buy it now.

Yeah sure, if you just play on consoles then of course get the game, but it has issues of framerate, pop-ins and also I've heard bugs and draw distance.  But if you also have a gaming PC, wait for the better version while at the same time sending Rockstar a clear message (and helping the PC platform in the process).

Not saying the PC version will be perfect, but if Rockstar do a good port job, the framerate and pop-ins and draw distance issues will not be present.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 chrisrooR

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] @chrisrooR: this is what I mean by I would rather wait for the better version.FelipeInside

Yeah sure, if you just play on consoles then of course get the game, but it has issues of framerate, pop-ins and also I've heard bugs and draw distance.  But if you also have a gaming PC, wait for the better version while at the same time sending Rockstar a clear message (and helping the PC platform in the process).

Not saying the PC version will be perfect, but if Rockstar do a good port job, the framerate and pop-ins and draw distance issues will not be present.

I don't give a f*ck about 'helping' a particular platform. I help companies. Rockstar is a company I'll help out. I play most of my games on my gaming PC. I want GTA V to come to the PC, but for the 5-6 months it takes to port it over I'll gladly play it on the PS3. And the game is gorgeous as it is on the PS3, it actually really surprised me how good it looks. Of course the PC version's going to look amazing, I get that. What I don't get is how people take it personally, and think that Rockstar is somehow offending PC gamers by not releasing it when they want it. It's entitlement. As the president of Rockstar, if given the opportunity of making my company an extra 200-400 million dollars by releasing it on the PS4/Xbone/PC by staggering release dates - why wouldn't you? Especially if you had a product that people love to the extreme people love the GTA series. The suits at Rockstar know this, and I think it's a great business move for them. More money to Rockstar means more money spent on developing subsequent awesome games.
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#31 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
No its not worth the wait, get it on a console right away :) More serious of course its worth the wait , considering how it looks, feels and handles on consoles compared to PC i would say its a no brainer if you have a decent enough PC that is.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"] I haven't had the problems he's having. I do have a brand new PS3 out of the box though, so that may be affecting him a bit. Again, I'm not doubting the game's going to be graphically enhanced on the PC, just that if you have a console it's entirely worth it to buy it now. chrisrooR

I don't give a f*ck about 'helping' a particular platform. I help companies. Rockstar is a company I'll help out. I play most of my games on my gaming PC. I want GTA V to come to the PC, but for the 5-6 months it takes to port it over I'll gladly play it on the PS3. And the game is gorgeous as it is on the PS3, it actually really surprised me how good it looks. Of course the PC version's going to look amazing, I get that. What I don't get is how people take it personally, and think that Rockstar is somehow offending PC gamers by not releasing it when they want it. It's entitlement. As the president of Rockstar, if given the opportunity of making my company an extra 200-400 million dollars by releasing it on the PS4/Xbone/PC by staggering release dates - why wouldn't you? Especially if you had a product that people love to the extreme people love the GTA series. The suits at Rockstar know this, and I think it's a great business move for them. More money to Rockstar means more money spent on developing subsequent awesome games.

It's not entitlement. If GTA5 didn't ever come to PC I wouldn't loose any sleep, there are better games out there. But their attitude is crap. I get u want to support them cause they make good games, but why do they do what they do with PC when EVERY OTHER COMPANY doesn't? Answer me that? Why are THEY entitled to do it when every other company try their best to release the PC version at launch (or close to) It's BS, it's a cheap tactic (that works cause some gamers buy both versions), especially when they started as a small company ON PC. You want to support their crap business model, that's fine and I respect that. Me on the other hand, am gonna wait for PC reviews to see if they deserve my money. Back in the day a company actually had to try to please customers for their hard earned money. These days looks like it's the other way around sadly...
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 chrisrooR

FelipeInside

It's not entitlement. If GTA5 didn't ever come to PC I wouldn't loose any sleep, there are better games out there. But their attitude is crap. I get u want to support them cause they make good games, but why do they do what they do with PC when EVERY OTHER COMPANY doesn't? Answer me that? Why are THEY entitled to do it when every other company try their best to release the PC version at launch (or close to) It's BS, it's a cheap tactic (that works cause some gamers buy both versions), especially when they started as a small company ON PC. You want to support their crap business model, that's fine and I respect that. Me on the other hand, am gonna wait for PC reviews to see if they deserve my money. Back in the day a company actually had to try to please customers for their hard earned money. These days looks like it's the other way around sadly...

They're entirely entitled to doing it because it's their product. They do it because it works for them, and they recognize how much of a demand there is. If it didn't, and if enough people didn't buy an extra copy they wouldn't. But people do, so they cash in on it. It's perfectly fine as a business practice, and many other companies couldn't pull it off. So that's the answer to your question. It's not just 'some' gamers buying a second copy - you're completely underestimating the market. The game sold 800 million dollars worth in the first 24 hours. Say 1/8 of all that buy an extra copy. That's another 100 million dollars. If other companies could stagger their releases they WOULD. But so far no other company has released a product quite as anticipated as the GTA games have been. It's not a cheap tactic. It's a tactic, and it works for them. It's hardly a crap business model. If you honestly believe that you have ZERO idea how business works, and have no idea how great of a demand there is for this game.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 chrisrooR
"Back in the day a company actually had to try to please customers for their hard earned money. These days looks like it's the other way around sadly..." Also, lmao @ this part of your comment. You have no idea how hard Rockstar has worked to produce this game. You really think they aren't trying extremely hard to please their customer base? Get a clue.
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jacanuk

FelipeInside

I dont get why you mean their attitude is crap? Is it really so crappy that they want to sell as many copies as possible? and also not feed the pirates? since we all know how bad it is on pc´s which is why almost all games comes on all platforms. Besides Rockstar has always done this, its not like they are acting against their normal policy of releasing a game. So i really cant see how anyone if they think about it and also dont allow their "need to play GTA V" cloud their opinion, can think that Rockstar are treating pc gamers crappy.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="chrisrooR"] I don't give a f*ck about 'helping' a particular platform. I help companies. Rockstar is a company I'll help out. I play most of my games on my gaming PC. I want GTA V to come to the PC, but for the 5-6 months it takes to port it over I'll gladly play it on the PS3. And the game is gorgeous as it is on the PS3, it actually really surprised me how good it looks. Of course the PC version's going to look amazing, I get that. What I don't get is how people take it personally, and think that Rockstar is somehow offending PC gamers by not releasing it when they want it. It's entitlement. As the president of Rockstar, if given the opportunity of making my company an extra 200-400 million dollars by releasing it on the PS4/Xbone/PC by staggering release dates - why wouldn't you? Especially if you had a product that people love to the extreme people love the GTA series. The suits at Rockstar know this, and I think it's a great business move for them. More money to Rockstar means more money spent on developing subsequent awesome games. Jacanuk

I dont get why you mean their attitude is crap? Is it really so crappy that they want to sell as many copies as possible? and also not feed the pirates?since we all know how bad it is on pc´s which is why almost all games comes on all platforms.Besides Rockstar has always done this, its not like they are acting against their normal policy of releasing a game. So i really cant see how anyone if they think about it and also dont allow their "need to play GTA V" cloud their opinion, can think that Rockstar are treating pc gamers crappy.

Feed the pirates?  don't make me laugh. You think PC is the only platform that games get pirated on?   http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.828339-GTA-V-leaked-4-days-early-makes-Rockstar-cry

Still doesn't make it right when they are the ONLY COMPANY that do it.

danten81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 danten81
Member since 2013 • 328 Posts
Just wait it out, man. You'll feel better in the end. Just compare GTA IV on PC to the console versions, it's INSANE.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="chrisrooR"] I don't give a f*ck about 'helping' a particular platform. I help companies. Rockstar is a company I'll help out. I play most of my games on my gaming PC. I want GTA V to come to the PC, but for the 5-6 months it takes to port it over I'll gladly play it on the PS3. And the game is gorgeous as it is on the PS3, it actually really surprised me how good it looks. Of course the PC version's going to look amazing, I get that. What I don't get is how people take it personally, and think that Rockstar is somehow offending PC gamers by not releasing it when they want it. It's entitlement. As the president of Rockstar, if given the opportunity of making my company an extra 200-400 million dollars by releasing it on the PS4/Xbone/PC by staggering release dates - why wouldn't you? Especially if you had a product that people love to the extreme people love the GTA series. The suits at Rockstar know this, and I think it's a great business move for them. More money to Rockstar means more money spent on developing subsequent awesome games. chrisrooR

They're entirely entitled to doing it because it's their product. They do it because it works for them, and they recognize how much of a demand there is. If it didn't, and if enough people didn't buy an extra copy they wouldn't. But people do, so they cash in on it. It's perfectly fine as a business practice, and many other companies couldn't pull it off. So that's the answer to your question. It's not just 'some' gamers buying a second copy - you're completely underestimating the market. The game sold 800 million dollars worth in the first 24 hours. Say 1/8 of all that buy an extra copy. That's another 100 million dollars. If other companies could stagger their releases they WOULD. But so far no other company has released a product quite as anticipated as the GTA games have been. It's not a cheap tactic. It's a tactic, and it works for them. It's hardly a crap business model. If you honestly believe that you have ZERO idea how business works, and have no idea how great of a demand there is for this game.

Learn to read. I understand their business mode, and I even said it works. Does that make it right? Nope. Just because something works, and just because a company continues to do it (since these are the excuses I keep hearing over and over) doesn't make it right WHEN OTHER COMPANIES DO IT THE RIGHT WAY.

And I have a clue. If they REALLY were trying to please their customer base, then they would announce a PC version and release it as close to launch as possible. Or is PC NOT their customer base? Is that what ur saying, cause I'm sure they are... I would have no issues if it was a console exclusive, but alas it isn't and the ONLY reason they keep doing it is because WE gamers allow it. Same goes for $15 DLC.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jacanuk

Feed the pirates?  don't make me laugh. You think PC is the only platform that games get pirated on?   http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.828339-GTA-V-leaked-4-days-early-makes-Rockstar-cry

FelipeInside
Of course pc is not the only platform. But PC is the only platform where its as easy as copy/paste and you can play.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

Jacanuk
Of course pc is not the only platform. But PC is the only platform where its as easy as copy/paste and you can play.

You really think so? You know how easy it is to play a cracked copy on a console? Easier than PC.
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jacanuk

You really think so? You know how easy it is to play a cracked copy on a console? Easier than PC.FelipeInside
Yes i think so and unless something have changed recently it has never been as easy on xbox or PS3. Which is why piracy isent as widespread on console as it is on pc.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] You really think so? You know how easy it is to play a cracked copy on a console? Easier than PC.Jacanuk

Yes i think so and unless something have changed recently it has never been as easy on xbox or PS3. Which is why piracy isent as widespread on console as it is on pc.

Sorry to say this but no. It's easier to play cracked game on consoles than PC in the last 5 years, especially with all the online activation things PC now requires. As for widespread, stop believing everything you read. There is just as much (if not more) piracy on consoles than PC. It's just that PC has more games and publishers use it as an excuse to implement DRM.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 chrisrooR

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] It's not entitlement. If GTA5 didn't ever come to PC I wouldn't loose any sleep, there are better games out there. But their attitude is crap. I get u want to support them cause they make good games, but why do they do what they do with PC when EVERY OTHER COMPANY doesn't? Answer me that? Why are THEY entitled to do it when every other company try their best to release the PC version at launch (or close to) It's BS, it's a cheap tactic (that works cause some gamers buy both versions), especially when they started as a small company ON PC. You want to support their crap business model, that's fine and I respect that. Me on the other hand, am gonna wait for PC reviews to see if they deserve my money. Back in the day a company actually had to try to please customers for their hard earned money. These days looks like it's the other way around sadly...FelipeInside

Learn to read. I understand their business mode, and I even said it works. Does that make it right? Nope.

Sure it does. If you have this kind of mentality going into business, you're going to get CRUSHED.

Just because something works, and just because a company continues to do it (since these are the excuses I keep hearing over and over) doesn't make it right WHEN OTHER COMPANIES DO IT THE RIGHT WAY.

What you perceive as being "the right way" is actually a model that other companies do because they don't have the demand that the GTA series has. If other companies could successfully stagger their releases, you're damn naive if you think they wouldn't to increase sales. 

And I have a clue. If they REALLY were trying to please their customer base, then they would announce a PC version and release it as close to launch as possible. Or is PC NOT their customer base?

Their customer BASE is NOT the PC. It's the consoles. 800 Million dollars. 24 hours. You don't have a clue.

Is that what ur saying, cause I'm sure they are... I would have no issues if it was a console exclusive, but alas it isn't and the ONLY reason they keep doing it is because WE gamers allow it. Same goes for $15 DLC.

You don't have a clue about what you're talking about. If they announced the PC version of the game + DLC alongside the console release, they would cut out a potential sales figure of over 100 million dollars. Pleasing their customer base comes through the ACTUAL GAME, not the order in which it's released. The ACTUAL GAME is, in my opinion, one of the best games ever made. The announcement of a PC or next-gen version has nothing to do with pleasing their customer base, considering that when PC-only gamers get their hands on it they'll drop every other game out there to play it. 

You clearly have no idea how business works. No matter how friendly a company might seem, the bottom line is always about the profit margins. Any other company you want to stand up against Rockstar is JUST as interested in making a profit as Rockstar is. The reason no other company tries to stagger their release is because they know the quality of their game doesn't warrant a repurchase of the game on a second platform.

For example, take Watch Dogs. They announced this gen, next-gen, and PC all in one go. Why? Because people aren't going to repurchase the game after they play through it once. It doesn't have the replayability that GTA V is offering players right now. Actually, they've shot themselves in the foot with watch dogs. They waited until right after the release of GTA V to launch it, and made everyone watch the next-gen videos of it. Nobody's going to buy it on current gen platforms, because it looks like garbage compared to the original footage.

And from a strictly business perspective, people who buy Watch Dogs for the PC probably won't buy it again. But if they had tried to release it on current-gen platforms four months ago, and started hyping the next-gen version, they probably could have made more money.

If you think ANY for-profit company really cares about you BEFORE making money, you're wrong. Companies are there to make money. They might put out great products, but if they aren't maximizing the sales of those products they aren't a well-oiled business.

Oh, and I laughed when you tried to make it seem like they're doing something 'morally wrong'. 

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

I think it will be worth it. Driving in GTA V is a pain due to the frame rate dips and the terrible flickering from lack of AA. The rest of the game is actually very good. I found GTA IV very dull and boring but I still find myself very much into GTA V. It all depends on how bad the port is going to be really.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jacanuk

Sorry to say this but no. It's easier to play cracked game on consoles than PC in the last 5 years, especially with all the online activation things PC now requires. As for widespread, stop believing everything you read. There is just as much (if not more) piracy on consoles than PC. It's just that PC has more games and publishers use it as an excuse to implement DRM.FelipeInside

Ok, now your just trolling because even today all a pc version demands is a file copied over and the game is playable.

So if you go look at youtube on hacked xbox and hacked ps3 you will find that neither demands something even remotely as simple as that. Xbox demands a tiny bit more and a pirated Ps3 also demands a lot more + a hacked PS3 is locked out of PSN network (There might be spoofs possible to gain access but it require abit more than "i know how to turn on the pc")

But the conclusion is still that for most "gamers" its a lot easier to buy the console version than to hack the console and download and burn/copy the cracked version , compared to a pc where all you do is click download, copy/paste and your ready to play.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"] They're entirely entitled to doing it because it's their product. They do it because it works for them, and they recognize how much of a demand there is. If it didn't, and if enough people didn't buy an extra copy they wouldn't. But people do, so they cash in on it. It's perfectly fine as a business practice, and many other companies couldn't pull it off. So that's the answer to your question. It's not just 'some' gamers buying a second copy - you're completely underestimating the market. The game sold 800 million dollars worth in the first 24 hours. Say 1/8 of all that buy an extra copy. That's another 100 million dollars. If other companies could stagger their releases they WOULD. But so far no other company has released a product quite as anticipated as the GTA games have been. It's not a cheap tactic. It's a tactic, and it works for them. It's hardly a crap business model. If you honestly believe that you have ZERO idea how business works, and have no idea how great of a demand there is for this game. chrisrooR

Learn to read. I understand their business mode, and I even said it works. Does that make it right? Nope.

Sure it does. If you have this kind of mentality going into business, you're going to get CRUSHED.

Just because something works, and just because a company continues to do it (since these are the excuses I keep hearing over and over) doesn't make it right WHEN OTHER COMPANIES DO IT THE RIGHT WAY.

What you perceive as being "the right way" is actually a model that other companies do because they don't have the demand that the GTA series has. If other companies could successfully stagger their releases, you're damn naive if you think they wouldn't to increase sales. 

And I have a clue. If they REALLY were trying to please their customer base, then they would announce a PC version and release it as close to launch as possible. Or is PC NOT their customer base?

Their customer BASE is NOT the PC. It's the consoles. 800 Million dollars. 24 hours. You don't have a clue.

Is that what ur saying, cause I'm sure they are... I would have no issues if it was a console exclusive, but alas it isn't and the ONLY reason they keep doing it is because WE gamers allow it. Same goes for $15 DLC.

You don't have a clue about what you're talking about. If they announced the PC version of the game + DLC alongside the console release, they would cut out a potential sales figure of over 100 million dollars. Pleasing their customer base comes through the ACTUAL GAME, not the order in which it's released. The ACTUAL GAME is, in my opinion, one of the best games ever made. The announcement of a PC or next-gen version has nothing to do with pleasing their customer base, considering that when PC-only gamers get their hands on it they'll drop every other game out there to play it. 

You clearly have no idea how business works. No matter how friendly a company might seem, the bottom line is always about the profit margins. Any other company you want to stand up against Rockstar is JUST as interested in making a profit as Rockstar is. The reason no other company tries to stagger their release is because they know the quality of their game doesn't warrant a repurchase of the game on a second platform.

For example, take Watch Dogs. They announced this gen, next-gen, and PC all in one go. Why? Because people aren't going to repurchase the game after they play through it once. It doesn't have the replayability that GTA V is offering players right now. Actually, they've shot themselves in the foot with watch dogs. They waited until right after the release of GTA V to launch it, and made everyone watch the next-gen videos of it. Nobody's going to buy it on current gen platforms, because it looks like garbage compared to the original footage.

And from a strictly business perspective, people who buy Watch Dogs for the PC probably won't buy it again. But if they had tried to release it on current-gen platforms four months ago, and started hyping the next-gen version, they probably could have made more money.

If you think ANY for-profit company really cares about you BEFORE making money, you're wrong. Companies are there to make money. They might put out great products, but if they aren't maximizing the sales of those products they aren't a well-oiled business.

Oh, and I laughed when you tried to make it seem like they're doing something 'morally wrong'. 

Like I said, that's fine if you want to support that kind of business tactic and customer treatment. If you feel good getting treated like that (like dirty seconds) then all the power to you. I would rather support, with my hard earned cash, other companies that actually treat their customers (ME) better. Companies like CDProjekt and Blizzard etc. But you keep using those fanboy glasses and thinking GTA is above all this and everyone else for some reason. GTA4 was the weakest of the series anyway...
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Sorry to say this but no. It's easier to play cracked game on consoles than PC in the last 5 years, especially with all the online activation things PC now requires. As for widespread, stop believing everything you read. There is just as much (if not more) piracy on consoles than PC. It's just that PC has more games and publishers use it as an excuse to implement DRM.Jacanuk

Ok, now your just trolling because even today all a pc version demands is a file copied over and the game is playable.

So if you go look at youtube on hacked xbox and hacked ps3 you will find that neither demands something even remotely as simple as that. Xbox demands a tiny bit more and a pirated Ps3 also demands a lot more + a hacked PS3 is locked out of PSN network (There might be spoofs possible to gain access but it require abit more than "i know how to turn on the pc")

But the conclusion is still that for most "gamers" its a lot easier to buy the console version than to hack the console and download and burn/copy the cracked version , compared to a pc where all you do is click download, copy/paste and your ready to play.

What country are you from may I ask? And btw, I never troll.
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jacanuk
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] What country are you from may I ask? And btw, I never troll.

I am from UK But i cant see how its relevant? unless you mean that there are so much difference. If i remember correct from our FM/FIFA Manager talk, your from Brazil?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] What country are you from may I ask? And btw, I never troll.Jacanuk
I am from UK But i cant see how its relevant? unless you mean that there are so much difference. If i remember correct from our FM/FIFA Manager talk, your from Brazil?

It's very relevant.

I'm originally from Argentina (u were very close :P). I live in Australia now.

Over there in South America, as well as Asia and also Europe, they actually SELL consoles with cracked chips inside them and other methods. You then buy the game, insert it and press play, that easy. Heck, you even buy cracked games (copies) for cheaper.

You don't even have to copy or mount anything like you have to on PC. Basically, like I said before, it's easier than PC. Also, there are more console players, and therefore more piracy. It's totally different to somewhere like Australia, the US or UK.

I'm not saying there is no piracy on PC, because there is, and lots of it, but don't believe what you read all the time.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 chrisrooR
[QUOTE="chrisrooR"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

FelipeInside

Like I said, that's fine if you want to support that kind of business tactic and customer treatment. If you feel good getting treated like that (like dirty seconds) then all the power to you. I would rather support, with my hard earned cash, other companies that actually treat their customers (ME) better. Companies like CDProjekt and Blizzard etc. But you keep using those fanboy glasses and thinking GTA is above all this and everyone else for some reason. GTA4 was the weakest of the series anyway...

I support businesses that have a superior product. GTA V is one of those products. So much hard work and detail shines through the game. I don't understand why you take it so personally. They aren't treating you badly, the game is still being ported. Just because you feel like you're getting 'dirty seconds' doesn't make the business tactic any less profitable. Just because a company releases a game on a console first and stagger the release doesn't mean they're treating you poorly. You're entitled if you think they are. You believe every game should be released across the platforms at exactly the same precious moment. Cry me a river. Go take a business course. Go take a marketing course. Realize how what you're arguing is completely antithetical to capitalism. They treat you amazing through their product, not the date of release. You want it on PC? Wait. Suck it up. You don't like it? Don't buy the game when it does come out. Take a stand against it if you feel that passionately about it. But you won't. I know you won't. And you'll support the exact same thing you're getting so worked up about. And it's because they can do it. And I don't blame them for it, because any person with a decent intellect can deduce how much more money they're going to make from staggering the release as opposed to releasing it all at the same time. You're going to cave and buy it as soon as you can get your hands on it. And that's how genius their marketing/business strategy is. It gets the people who are on the fence to cave and buy it immediately for consoles. Those same people will cave and buy it for PC when it inevitably drops. You just can't stop taking it personally "WAAAAH they treat us all liek second class citizens!!!", but you can't relate to any of it because you aren't part of a team trying to recoup a 300 million dollar development investment. CDProjekt doesn't give a flying f*ck about you or release dates. Neither does Blizzard. These companies don't run on making people happy; they run on making a superior product, providing value, and PROFIT. MAKING A PROFIT. If they don't have your money, no matter how nice they are they would never succeed.