Is it time that Logitech releases a new gamepad series?

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

I started thinking about it lately, the Logitech F#10 controllers are pretty outdated and have a lot of flaws with them anyway.

There is no player indication on it, now that local couch multiplayer is much more common on PC gaming this is necessary as I can't tell if I'm player 1,2,3,4,etc. The only way I can is by looking at the indicator on a 360 controller if I'm using one as well or if it is the only controller connected. F710 controllers do not share recievers so basically depending on how many F710s you want to use it will be the same amount of USB ports used up.

There is too much resistance in the triggers and analog sticks. It stresses my fingers out when I have to press them, it is fine at first but over a while it gets stressful especially if the game demands it a lot like having to heavy kicks and punches in fighting games or trying to control your speed in driving games. Plus they're not curved at all.

While I find resistance in the left analog stick good since after all it makes it better for fighting games in my opinion but since there is no grip on the sticks and the right one is just as resistant as the left and according to people on logitech forums the wired controllers have really bad deadzones as in rumblepad 2 and all that is superior to them in that area. No kind of grip is on the analog sticks, no indent on the rubber/cap so your thumb can sink/rest onto which is one of the main flaws of dualshock controllers up until DS4, not even ridges so your thumbs don't slide off as easily.

I don't find the 360 dpad that bad but the main problem with it is the position, compared to using the dpad on the logitech controllers which are practically the same, I find it a lot easier to use the dpad for fighting games since the position doesn't stress my thumb out as much since I don't have to reach as far especially for the right side, but it is still bad as it seems to break easily and the dpad ends up selecting things diagonally and being stiff.

Honestly I just want logitch to make a dualshock layout controller with Xbox One controller features and functionality. It could be a pretty bigger seller for people on that want to go on Xbox One but prefer dualshock layout since PS4 is ahead of Xbox One by 10 million. The dpad for the Xbox One is a pretty significant improvement. Logitech could also have these controllers support directinput so they can work on older games or games that somewhat detect Xinput but do not utilize it like a lot of Unreal Engine 3 games like Tribes Ascend technically supports controllers but not properly since no controller but prompts come up, no analog stick sensitivity adjustment and etc.

It would also be nice if they could spice it up by having a Wii U Pro controller layout or dualshock but with the face buttons and right analog stick switching places.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Just use a ps4 controller with DS4Windows, it works fantastic. It emulates a 360 controller.

I use also the wii u pro controller for Brawl/PM with this, just a push of a button to setup.

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Wii-Pro-Controller-Adapter/dp/B00E6553PW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436058122&sr=8-1&keywords=wii+u+pro+controller+adapter

I also have that logitech F710 controller, it's bad.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#3 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

When u have access to the 360, XB1, and PS4 controllers.... why would you want any other controllers?

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

steam controller will be out soon will be interesting to see the performance vs mouse/keyboard for pc games.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@BassMan said:

When u have access to the 360, XB1, and PS4 controllers.... why would you want any other controllers?

Is more choice a bad thing? I have a friend who hates using the XBOX controller and the PS controller is too small for his fingers.

@urbangamez said:

steam controller will be out soon will be interesting to see the performance vs mouse/keyboard for pc games.

I think this here is the main reason Logitech is not investing in new controllers. They want to see how this goes.

SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By SPBoss
Member since 2009 • 3746 Posts

Well they are working on new controllers as we speak. Namely the G29 but that's a steering wheel. I'm sure they are working on some gamepads or are planning to in the very near future.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

The Logitech F710 controllers are fine. Most of the 'flaws' you listed go away when you break them in. Either that or you just got a lemon.

Metallic_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Metallic_Blade
Member since 2005 • 565 Posts

Having only use the F510 controller from a friend briefly, I will give a few of my first impressions.

- The tighter analog sticks make it feel more like a 360 controller.

- The path of which the analog sticks follow are more of a rounded-square shape than a standard circle. A little awkward at first but no problem.

- I kinda like the feel and resistance of the triggers. My problem is that their travel is too shallow for my tastes.

- Overall the comfort and build quality seem better than the standard PS controllers.