Increased price on PC games: does it really bother you?

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#51 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
Prices didn't increase, MW2 is the only game with a higher price. Not even AC2 falls into this category, it has that DLC remember? THQ served us with DLC for free though...
Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

Starcraft 2 preorder from Gamestop

Supreme commander 2 preorder

All $50 and i'm gonna repeat my self is not 2 is not 3 games is only 1 game at $60

and my point is that all new pc games releases are $50 or less with 1 exception

adamosmaki

Assassin's Creed 2 at Gamestop

This won't really need a response. I can't exactly argue all day when the facts being argued are made up on the fly.

dragonage22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 dragonage22
Member since 2009 • 167 Posts

I haven't really noticed pc games going up in price etc, although I am aware that games in general have gone up in price as well as most things. I would want to know why if the pc games went up to console game price though.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

[QUOTE="adamosmaki"]

Starcraft 2 preorder from Gamestop

Supreme commander 2 preorder

All $50 and i'm gonna repeat my self is not 2 is not 3 games is only 1 game at $60

and my point is that all new pc games releases are $50 or less with 1 exception

guynamedbilly

Assassin's Creed 2 at Gamestop

This won't really need a response. I can't exactly argue all day when the facts being argued are made up on the fly.

What facts are made on the fly? There is 1 game that is $60 and all of a sudden pc games prices increased?

You also found AC 2 that is listed $60 because there is DLC along with the game let alone you can find it $50 in other places

edgewalker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 edgewalker16
Member since 2005 • 2286 Posts

Why should I mind if the price of PC games goes up. As long as I do the research beforehand anddeem the cost:quality ratio as decent then nobody should have any problems.

ozikool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 ozikool
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
It bothers me a lot.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#57 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Well in australia I thought we'd weather much of the price increase because we already pay a premium. Some games remain at the same prices as before (hell some are even cheaper) but I glance across at EA pricing Dragon Age at $110 RRP for PC and shake my head. I guess it does bother me but I try to avoid going into games with a mentality that $90 = 10+ hours or something. Games like Max Payne 2 help me with that where I pay full price for a fanastic and short game. Then again budgets for games have increased dramatically since years back. Steam saves me lots of money anyway when I pay USD for games.
Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
as long as the standard edition is $60 or less I'll be fine with it.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#59 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23285 Posts

MW2 and AC2 aside,no other games are at 60$,methinks.

Unless it starts becoming a trend I´m not really worried, but the fact that there are some games already going to that price range is a matter of concern.

tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts

not a problem i'm a 360 users aswell as a pc games so unless pc games start to cost more than those i won't worry about it and there is online which is cheaper

kraychik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 kraychik
Member since 2009 • 2433 Posts

Hey folks, I was going to start a similar thread until I found this one. I'm not hurt financially for the extra few dollars that some games seem to cost, lately. Most notably, MW2 is pricier than other games. I haven't yet bought ME2 but will soon as I really liked ME1, and this game is also slightly pricier than most other games. I'm starting to feel like there's a certain inelasticity to games with respect to pricing that publishers and developers are aware of. Some game are abe to ride the reputation of a given franchise and/or the relative developer(s) and charge more than the average. I think it's quite understandable that certain games and/or developers are seen as "premium" brands. Kinda like how Mercedes is on a higher level than Honda. It kinda irks me, but then I imagine higher quality games most likely require a larger investment to produce. Then there's the whole inflation thing.

There was a post in here earlier taking issue with how purchasing games online for downlod isn't any less expensive than their retail counterparts. I also find this baffling, as I thought the developers and publishers wouold try to incentivize gamers to buy their games electronically in order to reduce the all the extra costs of the retail version (i.e. packaging, transport, real estate, etc). Electronic versions of games should be cheaper, unless of course the developers/publishers are trying to protect the business interests of their retail partners, which is why I think they keep the price levels the same between the retail and online versions of games.

PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#62 PublicNuisance
Member since 2009 • 4582 Posts

I hate it because there is no cause. PS3 and 360 games cost more because of having to give the manufaturers $10 but PC has no such fee and therefore should be cheaper.

kraychik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 kraychik

I hate it because there is no cause. PS3 and 360 games cost more because of having to give the manufaturers $10 but PC has no such fee and therefore should be cheaper.

PublicNuisance
But PC games are less expensive than their console counterparts, right?
PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 PublicNuisance

[QUOTE="PublicNuisance"]

kraychik

Not always. I have see some games at retail for the same price as the console version.

kraychik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 kraychik

[QUOTE="kraychik"][QUOTE="PublicNuisance"]

PublicNuisance

Not always. I have see some games at retail for the same price as the console version.

But isn't the trend to have console games sell for more, especially with high profile games?
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

But isn't the trend to have console games sell for more, especially with high profile games?kraychik

It's not a trend. console games cost more for a reason, PC retailers have absolutely no excuse to rise the price (which they didn't, except MW2).

raptor1906

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#67 raptor1906
Member since 2009 • 611 Posts

Its redicilous, I got the collectors edition of Mass Effect for $109 with an amazing package yet the standard edition of Command and Conquer 4 costs the same $109. Isnt the new price of pc games a max of $99? Dont mind as long as it doesnt exceed the price of console games because after all i still think pc gaming is the best quality (apart from MW 2 multiplayer)

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
I am cheap, so yeah I dislike it. I spent a decent amount on Steam when they had the huge sale and I really dont buy anythning from there unless its on sale because I know as soon as I do it will go on sale.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#71 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23285 Posts

no i dont care cause i borrow my from the internet :twisted::twisted:

NECROMONGER223
You little....
PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 PublicNuisance

[QUOTE="kraychik"] But isn't the trend to have console games sell for more, especially with high profile games?DanielDust

It's not a trend. console games cost more for a reason, PC retailers have absolutely no excuse to rise the price (which they didn't, except MW2).

Sometimes there is borderline stuff, Mass Effect 2 cost me $54.99 plus taxes where I live, the 360 version was $59.99. Since the 360 version logically should of been $10 more they were overcharging me by $5.

xeekthecatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 xeekthecatx
Member since 2005 • 926 Posts

the new effin snickers bar disgusts me, they use a gimick to make you think it's cooler but you're actually paying the same price for less snickers yummyness. or how bout the new dvd cases, the one's that you're cancer laden grandma could crack in two, just so they can save some money. i see what's going on here, since game developers can't charge the same for less (people demand lots of content these days), they are just straight up charging more.

as tupac said... i ain't mad atcha

Avatar image for Tezcatlipoca666
Tezcatlipoca666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Tezcatlipoca666
Member since 2006 • 7241 Posts

Yes. I'm not buying any pc games with the $60 price tag. The studios can fail for all I care if they think I will pay that much. I can understand it for console games, because of the extra licensing fees, but not with pc games, especially when so many of them are available via download, which eliminates all shelfspace and manufacturing costs for them.guynamedbilly

Exactly my thoughts. With digital download there is no way I will accept to pay an extra $10.