Increased price on PC games: does it really bother you?

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dos4gw82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dos4gw82
Member since 2006 • 1896 Posts

Price increases happen all the time. A bottle of Coke used to cost 5 cents, right? Is a 20% increase in the price of PC games really that awful, considering that we've been paying $50 or less for nearly two decades?

HenriH-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2 HenriH-42
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

Meh. I'll always wait for price drops anyway.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

No idea what you're talking about, games cost the same here, which is still more than NA (euros).

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
Yes. I'm not buying any pc games with the $60 price tag. The studios can fail for all I care if they think I will pay that much. I can understand it for console games, because of the extra licensing fees, but not with pc games, especially when so many of them are available via download, which eliminates all shelfspace and manufacturing costs for them.
mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts

The prices ain't increased....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Modern Warfare 2, Assassins' Creed 2, Starcraft 2, and Supreme Commander 2 have been selling for, or getting preorders at places like Best Buy for $59.99.
Emraldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Emraldo
Member since 2004 • 1959 Posts
Modern Warfare 2, Assassins' Creed 2, Starcraft 2, and Supreme Commander 2 have been selling for, or getting preorders at places like Best Buy for $59.99. guynamedbilly
Supreme Commander 2?! Nooooooooooooo! The rest I can live without, but not my SC fix T_T
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DanielDust

Modern Warfare 2, Assassins' Creed 2, Starcraft 2, and Supreme Commander 2 have been selling for, or getting preorders at places like Best Buy for $59.99. guynamedbilly
Modern Warfare is the only one out of those that costs 60 "euros", AC 2 will sell for 50 around here, same with Supreme Commander 2, and sorry if I say this but anyone who preorders Starcraft 2 already, is an idiot, Blizzard did not announce any price, the game is far from being released even if it'll probably get released this year, all you do by preordering Starcraft 2 is to lose money for a game that won't come out soon.

There are preorders available for Diablo 3, it too is 60$ and surprisingly there are idiots that already got scammed by those "awesome" offers and we all know it'll take at least another year and a half, maybe two or more, to see Diablo 3 release, a price is the last thing Blizzard will announce right now, even if it's only to retailers.

BeyondPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BeyondPain
Member since 2008 • 762 Posts
Just wait a bit for the price to come down with sales etc unless you really like it and want it now..
DasVolks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DasVolks
Member since 2010 • 495 Posts
Yes, I absolutely hate it. I'm all for keeping money in my wallet. That's why I am in love with Steam's sales.
nightharvest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nightharvest
Member since 2005 • 1782 Posts

Meh. I'll always wait for price drops anyway.

HenriH-42
What he said. 8)
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Of course, I hate it. Blame Activision for that.
tester962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 tester962
Member since 2004 • 2881 Posts

I wont buy a PC game that costs any more than 50 dollars. Hell I usually wont buy one thats anymore than 30 dollars unless I really really want it. Only 2 games I have wanted bad enough to not wait for the 30 dollar price range in the last year are Mass Effect 2 and Dragons Age. I can wait on the rest.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
Actually all those with the exception of MW2 are $40-50 unless you talk about the special edition or something like that and if best buy sells them for $60 buy them elsewhere. Every ,major DD service like steam and impulse sells them for $50 so does most of retailers
spinoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#15 spinoff
Member since 2003 • 2279 Posts

I honestly don't care how much the games cost. If it is something I want I'll either justify paying the price or not. The last PC game I bought over 55 was WCIII when it released at MSRP $55, and for me that extra $5 didn't keep me from buying the game due to some terrible hatred for Blizzard having bumped up their price point.

Combii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Combii
Member since 2009 • 755 Posts

It's not increased??? And if it was i dont really care.

DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

Yes, because I used to be paying less for far superior games and now I'm paying more for games I don't really want, but I won't know if they're any good until I try them and then I can't return them when I don't like them.

Edit: Wait, I'm an idiot. Games have always been the same price, it's just how much I'm willing to pay for them that has changed. Now I'm willing to pay far less.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts

they haven't increased outside modern warfare 2, which I refuse to buy.

JN_Fenrir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JN_Fenrir
Member since 2004 • 1551 Posts
I suppose I don't really care. I rarely buy new games anyway, since most of the mainstream titles these days don't really interest me, and the few that do, I don't mind waiting for a price drop before I buy them.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Its not the price increase that should annoy us. Its the quality of the pc version which day by day becomes a more simplified port and they fill it with DRM and other crap. ^All that and they ask us more money for that crap plus games come out later than the console versions.. It is like saying to pc gamers that they dont want to buy their games and they will do everything in the power to make consoles get more sales.
Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

Its not the price increase that should annoy us. Its the quality of the pc version which day by day becomes a more simplified port and they fill it with DRM and other crap. ^All that and they ask us more money for that crap plus games come out later than the console versions.. It is like saying to pc gamers that they dont want to buy their games and they will do everything in the power to make consoles get more sales.dakan45

I disagree. Take the Bad Company 2 beta in PC against the PS3 beta. Even if the gameplay is very similar the quality -in technical aspects- is like night and day, and in the gameplay there's some nice touches making the game a bit more "hardcore" to appeal the PC users. Some games suffrered the PC to console syndrome, as F.E.A.R. 2, but in most of situations no sacrifices were made.

In fact, most of multimillion seller games as Oblivion, Fallout, Mirror's Edge, Mass Effect 1 & 2, Dragon Age: Origins... and even japanese games as Lost Planet, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil 5 and Street Fighter IV are saying at your face: buy the PC version! Aside from a few exceptions -that in any case are better in PC, technically- as MW 2 the PC ports usually worths the money.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
if there is ever an increase in the price of PC games, ill just buy it when the price drops.
jpph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 jpph
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts

if a demo is released, i dont mind, cos its not a crazy amount of money to spend on a game you've tried already. but how devs expect people to splash, and take a huge gamble on something they might hate, is beyond me

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dakan45

I disagree. Take the Bad Company 2 beta in PC against the PS3 beta. Even if the gameplay is very similar the quality -in technical aspects- is like night and day, and in the gameplay there's some nice touches making the game a bit more "hardcore" to appeal the PC users. Some games suffrered the PC to console syndrome, as F.E.A.R. 2, but in most of situations no sacrifices were made.

In fact, most of multimillion seller games as Oblivion, Fallout, Mirror's Edge, Mass Effect 1 & 2, Dragon Age: Origins... and even japanese games as Lost Planet, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil 5 and Street Fighter IV are saying at your face: buy the PC version! Aside from a few exceptions -that in any case are better in PC, technically- as MW 2 the PC ports usually worths the money.Ondoval

Nice, now which one of those games made higher sales on pc and had superior graphics with very detailed graphics menus and capabilities that it made it stand out as a pc game and not a game ported from consoles to pc?

Only one i can think is dragon age which is being in development on pc for sometimes now. That means that it was designed with pc in mind. With pc control, settings and menus also it follows the old pc focus trend.

Capcom is the only japanese company that cares for pcs. Capcom has bad ports in the past and now they take their steps on pc since they always were console focused. But its diffirent than the rest of the devs because bethesda, iw, dice, bioware always focused on pc. But now their games are becoming more of a port by every release. Eg: everyone will agree that the pc version of cod 4 was better than the pc version of mw2 and the pc version of mass effect was better than the pc version of mass effect 2 in terms of how much work they put into the pc version! However i wouldnt say that capcom's devil may cry 4, or resident evil 5 or street fighter 4 or lost planet are games that say to your face "Buy the pc version" They are well design but they attract more console crowd. Anyway i wish re5 had good sales on pc because i really liked the game and the fact that its well optimized with plenty of graphical options. Also i dont think that mirrors edge or mass effect or mw2 did as well the consoles.

The fact that the mw2 and mass effect 2 pc version quality standards have been lowered does not make the pc fanbase to buy more mw2 copies. It results to the opposite i am afraid and that was my original point. If you release cod4 and then you lower the pc version qualities of mw2(eg: dedicated servers and tweaks in gameplay mechanics) and set the price to 60 bucks, dont expect the pc gamers buying more copies!!

Now, i do understand you played a game called bad company 2 which seems to cancel all my points. Thats because dice is trying to get money from pc gamers by laughing at IW and fixing all those things you people complain about. Thats nice,also the fact that they release the game at the same does as the consoles is also nice. Unlike other ea or products like mirrors edge. But i just saw assasin creed 2. Now the thing is that nothing has been anounced about bad company 2 costing 60 bucks or have some sort of new crazy drm like assasin creed 2. Lets wait till some complains arise.

Anyway, i hope that does not happen but lets pick mw2 and mass effect 2. Its obvious that cod4 and mass effect pc versions were very well designed but the sequels have lowered that quality. i heard people saying that mass effect 2 lacks some graphics settings. What i am trying to say is that, cod4 and mass effect also were good efforts on pc. But the gamedevelopers payed less attention to the sequels. So maybe bad company 2 is doing its first effort now on pc. But if bad company 1 was on pc. I am sure that the second game would have lower values on pc than the previous just like mw2 and mass effect 2 did. I guess both companies focused on consoles because they made more money. Right now dice does not clearly now if a "battlefield" game will have good sales on pc or if the console sales will outnumber them. They bet that after IW fiasco they will do well and they work on improving the pc version for that same reason. But if they had released Bad company 1 on pc and the console sales were higher, then they would make bad company 2 just like mw2 and mass effect 2.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kevy619

[QUOTE="Ondoval"] I disagree. Take the Bad Company 2 beta in PC against the PS3 beta. Even if the gameplay is very similar the quality -in technical aspects- is like night and day, and in the gameplay there's some nice touches making the game a bit more "hardcore" to appeal the PC users. Some games suffrered the PC to console syndrome, as F.E.A.R. 2, but in most of situations no sacrifices were made.

In fact, most of multimillion seller games as Oblivion, Fallout, Mirror's Edge, Mass Effect 1 & 2, Dragon Age: Origins... and even japanese games as Lost Planet, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil 5 and Street Fighter IV are saying at your face: buy the PC version! Aside from a few exceptions -that in any case are better in PC, technically- as MW 2 the PC ports usually worths the money.dakan45

Nice, now which one of those games made higher sales on pc and had superior graphics with very detailed graphics menus and capabilities that it made it stand out as a pc game and not a game ported from consoles to pc?

Only one i can think is dragon age which is being in development on pc for sometimes now. That means that it was designed with pc in mind. With pc control, settings and menus also it follows the old pc focus trend.

Capcom is the only japanese company that cares for pcs. Capcom has bad ports in the past and now they take their steps on pc since they always were console focused. But its diffirent than the rest of the devs because bethesda, iw, dice, bioware always focused on pc. But now their games are becoming more of a port by every release. Eg: everyone will agree that the pc version of cod 4 was better than the pc version of mw2 and the pc version of mass effect was better than the pc version of mass effect 2 in terms of how much work they put into the pc version! However i wouldnt say that capcom's devil may cry 4, or resident evil 5 or street fighter 4 or lost planet are games that say to your face "Buy the pc version" They are well design but they attract more console crowd. Anyway i wish re5 had good sales on pc because i really liked the game and the fact that its well optimized with plenty of graphical options. Also i dont think that mirrors edge or mass effect or mw2 did as well the consoles.

The fact that the mw2 and mass effect 2 pc version quality standards have been lowered does not make the pc fanbase to buy more mw2 copies. It results to the opposite i am afraid and that was my original point. If you release cod4 and then you lower the pc version qualities of mw2(eg: dedicated servers and tweaks in gameplay mechanics) and set the price to 60 bucks, dont expect the pc gamers buying more copies!!

Now, i do understand you played a game called bad company 2 which seems to cancel all my points. Thats because dice is trying to get money from pc gamers by laughing at IW and fixing all those things you people complain about. Thats nice,also the fact that they release the game at the same does as the consoles is also nice. Unlike other ea or products like mirrors edge. But i just saw assasin creed 2. Now the thing is that nothing has been anounced about bad company 2 costing 60 bucks or have some sort of new crazy drm like assasin creed 2. Lets wait till some complains arise.

Anyway, i hope that does not happen but lets pick mw2 and mass effect 2. Its obvious that cod4 and mass effect pc versions were very well designed but the sequels have lowered that quality. i heard people saying that mass effect 2 lacks some graphics settings. What i am trying to say is that, cod4 and mass effect also were good efforts on pc. But the gamedevelopers payed less attention to the sequels. So maybe bad company 2 is doing its first effort now on pc. But if bad company 1 was on pc. I am sure that the second game would have lower values on pc than the previous just like mw2 and mass effect 2 did. I guess both companies focused on consoles because they made more money. Right now dice does not clearly now if a "battlefield" game will have good sales on pc or if the console sales will outnumber them. They bet that after IW fiasco they will do well and they work on improving the pc version for that same reason. But if they had released Bad company 1 on pc and the console sales were higher, then they would make bad company 2 just like mw2 and mass effect 2.

? Half of this post is just misinformation. Some games are console based and ported to pc, some games are pc based and ported to console... get over it.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

I only hate it if I see crappy or average games charging more. If a game is going to charge more, it better well be justified. And I'm talking about justified in the eyes of the gamer, not the developer. In reality, the market generally will pay the market price. The reason why game prices seldom have increased over the last ten years compared to other consumer products is because the gamer market has cleary indicated that it is not willing to pay much more for games. Console games were slow to make the jump to $60. PC games have been slower.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dakan45
? Most of this post is just misinformation.kevy619
Actually you are the one who is missinformed!
Some games are console based and ported to pc, some games are pc based and ported to console... get over it.kevy619
Only games from that list that are pc focused are dragon age and mw2. All the rest are console focused games that are ported on pc. i dont think mw2 can qualify as game that was based and developed on pc and for pc. Its more a of console game which was ported to pc instead of developed originally for pc. This has been proven before, so what exactly should i get over?
Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Grodus5
Member since 2006 • 7934 Posts

I quite like it, because I like seeing PC gamers freak out. I was a console gamer mainly until this Summer, so I don't mind at all paying 60 bucks for a game.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DanielDust

[QUOTE="kevy619"] ? Most of this post is just misinformation.dakan45

Nope, he was right, you are, again, talking about ME 2 which you didn't even play and it's far better than ME1 I don't see this people that agree on ME 1 being better, that you speak of. You have no idea how ME 2 is, so let's just stop about making assumptions. You either play the game and express your anger with valid arguments or you find other things to bash because nobody will care about your opinion much if you have no idea what is that which you want.

MW 2 is not PC focused.

Dice "made" Mirror's Edge. Saying "other EA games" won't make your argument valid, Mirror's Edge is better on PC and that is a fact (I played the Xbox version too), it's a great port, it's better in every way. If they would have released the DLC at the same time with the console version it could have passed as a genuine standalone PC version, that's how great it was, but fact is, it was a port, tho that doesn't make it less PC focused.

PC made DICE in the FPS section and they know it, you don't have any argument to prove that they don't care about the PC version, all you do is assume things because of money. But, hey, you clearly know what DICE knows or knows not, right?

I don't agree with kevy, this isn't "half misinformation" this is misinformation at its finest.

True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#30 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

I want to see the price get bumped up again, and watch and laugh as the anti-piracy preachers slowly stop wasting their breathe over words that will change nobody's mindsets anyways.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="kevy619"] ? Most of this post is just misinformation.DanielDust

Nope, he was right, you are, again, talking about ME 2 which you didn't even play and it's far better than ME1 I don't see this people that agree on ME 1 being better, that you speak of. You have no idea how ME 2 is, so let's just stop about making assumptions. You either play the game and express your anger with valid arguments or you find other things to bash because nobody will care about your opinion much if you have no idea what is that which you want.

MW 2 is not PC focused.

Dice "made" Mirror's Edge.

PC made DICE in the FPS section and they know it, you don't have any argument to prove that they don't care about the PC version, all you do is assume things because of money. But, hey, you clearly know what DICE knows or knows not, right?

I don't agree with kevy, this isn't "half misinformation" this is misinformation at its finest.

What the hell is this? :shock: Werent there people saying that they have seen textures in ME2 that are not as good looking as ME1? Also why graphics settings such AA are not tweaked via ingame options? Also why the inentory is gone? More console parts. Its clear that ME2 has much lower pc focused than ME1. Mass effect was a great port. But ME2 is less of a better port. The actual game however is better. MW2 is a game ported from consoles Dice made mirrors edge, which was a company that made "pc" battlefield games and now they make console games. What is your argument really? You just dont know what i am talking about. You just made assumptions like "No you are wrong, ME2 is a better game" what does that have to do with anything? I am not talking on being a better game or not. I am talking about being a worse port of the first, even in the slightest. AKA less attention is put on the pc version in comparison with the first. Just like mw2!
Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Nerkcon
Member since 2006 • 4707 Posts
PC 'Gamer' wrote an article in defense of IW rasing the price of MW2. They even pointed out that PC games make more money than console games to begin with but they charged a chart about how much you have 'really' payed for pass classics: $60.32 for SC2, $53.98 for Half-Life 2, etc in short it's inflation that is coming eventually and we should roll with it! They didn't mention anything about IW taken out player hosted servers or slamming PC gaming but at least had the heart to post a reader's mail complaining about that (and they didn't respond to it at all). PC gamer my ass.
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
MW2 and Assassin's Creed 2 are the only 2 big games going for $60. Everything else is staying at a nice $50 max. And some games are selling for $40, like STALKER Call of Pripyat. There are a ton of great games below the $50 cost.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DanielDust

You clearly said that ME 2 is worse than ME 1, based on what? what people say? how to you know they aren't making fun of you?

Problem is, what is "your" argument since you just proved you haven't got one. There are a few textures that look a little sloppy, tho overall the quality is greatly improved. ME 1 didn't have AA either, your point? and this time you can actually force it in ME 2, unlike ME1. Also, was there a need for the inventory? enlighten me, why did you need an inventory for ME, imo it was horrible, redundant and it sucked, it shamed the game, because it lacked content to fill the inventory, same weapons, upgrades, parts that made little to no difference (now you have "lots" of different weapons, not just a few and stupid parts to make them feel new) are those things so awesome that you want to see them again? the worst thing of ME (other than empty planets on side missions) was the inventory imo, and now it's gone.

The ONLY feature that is mission from ME 2 is Vsync, which is easily enabled in the nvcp, is it a bad port because of that?

Anyway, my only question...did you play the game or not?

If you did:Ok I accept your opinion even if it's entirely misinformation.

If you didn't: Why are you continuing this discussion? you clearly know nothing about how it performs, how it looks, how it feels, how it plays, yet you're talking about all those aspects. Oh right, because you heard other people, but how much do you care about other people over your own opinion? If you don't like the game, drop the talk, don't spread misinformation and assumptions, if you are interested in it, get the game and play it, it's a lot better than ME 1 and it's even more PC focused that the first :/.

Don't compare a piece of crap like MW2 with ME2 just because they both have M in the name and a 2. And since I'm talking again about ME 2 and you, I found another 9 planets that aren't related to the main quest or loyalty missions and they are just as great, fun, intense, and extremely different and detailed, so around 13 or 14 planets, which could stand as DLC, any one of them, every single one is better than the BDtS DLC from ME 1 which was average so the comparison doesn't say much.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kevy619

You clearly said that ME 2 is worse than ME 1, based on what? what people say? how to you know they aren't making fun of you?

Problem is, what is "your" argument since you just proved you haven't got one. There are a few textures that look a little sloppy, tho overall the quality is greatly improved. ME 1 didn't have AA either, your point? and this time you can actually force it in ME 2, unlike ME1. Also, was there a need for the inventory? enlighten me, why did you need an inventory for ME, imo it was horrible, redundant and it sucked, it shamed the game, because it lacked content to fill the inventory, same weapons, upgrades, parts that made little to no difference (now you have "lots" of different weapons, not just a few and stupid parts to make them feel new) are those things so awesome that you want to see them again? the worst thing of ME (other than empty planets on side missions) was the inventory imo, and now it's gone.

The ONLY feature that is mission from ME 2 is Vsync, which is easily enabled in the nvcp, is it a bad port because of that?

If you didn't: Why are you continuing this discussion? you clearly know nothing about how it performs, how it looks, how it feels, how it plays, yet you're talking about all those aspects. Oh right, because you heard other people, but how much do you care about other people over your own opinion? If you don't like the game, drop the talk, don't spread misinformation and assumptions, if you are interested in it, get the game and play it, it's a lot better than ME 1 and it's even more PC focused that the first :/.

Don't compare a piece of crap like MW2 with ME2 just because they both have M in the name and a 2. And since I'm talking again about ME 2 and you, I found another 9 planets that aren't related to the main quest or loyalty missions and they are just as great, fun, intense, and extremely different and detailed, so around 13 or 14 planets, which could stand as DLC, any one of them, every single one is better than the BDtS DLC from ME 1 which was average so the comparison doesn't say much.

DanielDust
actually vsync is forced on in me2, if you force it off in the driver there is terrible screen tearing.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dakan45

DanielDust
Ok i am done listening to you. From now own i dont care on what you say at all. 1. For the last time i nowhere said ME2 is worse than the first but you keep saying that i clearly said so. Its clrearly that you dont listen. 2. Making fun of me? They were talking about ME2 when it came out, in a thread that i did not post. Once again you are random and missinformed. 3. I dont understand how things like no vsync are not proving my point on the quality of ME2 pc version being inferior about from the quality of the pc version of ME2 4.Stop talking about ME2 gameplay, i dont carea bout the game. This is not about the game its about the pc version quality. Stop telling me that its more pc focused than the first and stop telling me to get the game. "Gears of war" combat is not pc focused in an rpg. Deus is an action rpg that is pc focused. The combat in ME2 plays like an action game ant not an rpg. 5.MW2 is not a piece of crap. I wotn talk about the game, but about the port. MW2 as a port is a better port than most of all the other multiplatform games will ever manage to be. They just took lean and dedicated servers and you guys do like they made an awful pot. When the truth is that most multiplatform games are like that, eg: like operation flashpoint dragon rising. Dont point out bad company 2!! As you see you are the one who is missinformed and you dont really know what the argument is about. You just jump into to do you part about ME2 being so riddicusly awesome!!
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
I'm indifferent. Obviously no one likes to spend more money but I understand completely on why prices are rising.
Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#38 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
Modern Warfare 2 is currently priced at $60 and it is still selling well. The standard price will increase by $10 making the PC even more lucrative for each copy sold. Publishers will be more willing to put their games on the PC, giving us more variety of games to play.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DanielDust
Last time I'm taking notice of your ignorance. 1. (your quotes) "mass effect 2 pc version quality standards have been lowered", " the pc version of mass effect was better than the pc version of mass effect 2 in terms of how much work they put into the pc version". There you say that ME 2 is worse than 2 which you consider a bad game and the 2nd quote is for somebody that played the game, which you haven't so your ignorance is clear there. 2. You post in every ME 2 thread and you share your experience and beliefs with us, and you're awesome because you didn't even play it and you know all those things about it, you know it better than us guys that played it. 3. Does the lack of Vsync (which somebody said it was already forced by the game) mean it's a bad game, that runs like crap? 4. What do you care about them, ignorant arguments that lack any kind of logical sense? yeah you do like that, but it's about time you actually should start to know what you're talking about, don't you think so? 5. MW 2 is a bad port, it has constant performance issues. I DO NOT care about it lacking lean and dedicated servers, the gameplay sucks, it's worse than any CoD before it, the sp sucks, and performance sucks, my PC is way over the requirements so it's not hardware or drivers, it's a known fact that it has severe performance issues. Those are all rethorical questions, I do not care or want to know about what you think regarding them, because you'll one again say something ignorant, without any actual facts, assumptions and pure subjectivism about those assumptions, nothing logical whatsoever.
Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Nerkcon
Member since 2006 • 4707 Posts
Modern Warfare 2 is currently priced at $60 and it is still selling well. The standard price will increase by $10 making the PC even more lucrative for each copy sold. Publishers will be more willing to put their games on the PC, giving us more variety of games to play.Jd1680a
Too bad they'll be dumbed down, poorly optimized, and half empty games (that you can fill with pay for DLC). They already make much more money on the PC; PC Gamer explained that after shipping cost, middle man fees, etc. They make $16 off of every game sold. A PC game sold on Steam is 100% profit to the publisher and developers. They're already making twice the amount of money on every PC game sold (via online) than on a console game sold. Don't forget how people will return the console versions in the first few days and people will buy them used just because they're $5 cheaper.
bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts

The thing that annoys me the most is that digital games cost more than retail. The entire point of digital (originally) was to bring cheaper games to customers because it is far cheaper for the company for a gamer to download their product from them than having to go through the hassle of shipping and packaging. Obviously this ideal got lost some where along the way.

Mazoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 Mazoch
Member since 2004 • 2473 Posts
I can't say I like an increase in price, but it wouldnt stop me gaming. Overall it's likely to have a couple of effects on me and my game sales: - I'm going to be even more likely to focus on sales, which are now actually available on a consistent basis for PC games!!! - Games I really want? Yeah I'll drop $60.. I'd have paid 60 for Mass Effect 2, I'd pay $60 for Star Craft 2 or Diablo 3. - Games I kinda want? I'm going to just back off and wait. Games like Command and Conquer 4, that I kinda want.. naa.. not paying $60 for that. Given that $50 has been the standard for so long I can see why they want to kick up the price a notch. Especially given the drastic increase we're seeing in the cost to develop top end games nowadays. However, reasonable or not, I'll probably buy less games as a result.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
[QUOTE="guynamedbilly"]Modern Warfare 2, Assassins' Creed 2, Starcraft 2, and Supreme Commander 2 have been selling for, or getting preorders at places like Best Buy for $59.99. adamosmaki
Actually all those with the exception of MW2 are $40-50 unless you talk about the special edition or something like that and if best buy sells them for $60 buy them elsewhere. Every ,major DD service like steam and impulse sells them for $50 so does most of retailers

What are you talking about? Gamestop is charging the same price and the prices for Assassin's Creed 2, Starcraft 2, and Supreme Commander 2 aren't even listed on steam or impulse yet.
Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

I quite like it, because I like seeing PC gamers freak out. I was a console gamer mainly until this Summer, so I don't mind at all paying 60 bucks for a game.

Grodus5

PC gamers are buying S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and other games at 2 $ in Steam. In terms of software PC is the most cheap platform, and in terms of hardware is matter of how good is your tv screen.

sale_chb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sale_chb
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Too much pirate downloads, you just type on google the name of the game torrent and u donwload it for free, so the price got a lil bit up. .alt i think they didnt had to rise the prices. .but what'eva

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 adamosmaki
[QUOTE="adamosmaki"][QUOTE="guynamedbilly"]Modern Warfare 2, Assassins' Creed 2, Starcraft 2, and Supreme Commander 2 have been selling for, or getting preorders at places like Best Buy for $59.99. guynamedbilly

What are you talking about? Gamestop is charging the same price and the prices for Assassin's Creed 2, Starcraft 2, and Supreme Commander 2 aren't even listed on steam or impulse yet.

I dont know about gamestop but every new pc game games like ME2,BC2, AVP Dragon Age and infact every single new release is $50 or less ( bar MW2 ) unless you talk about special edition and honestly i dont know where you get your prices ( let alone the games you listed dont have a release date except AC 2and probably those are just place holder prices)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
[QUOTE="adamosmaki"][QUOTE="guynamedbilly"][QUOTE="adamosmaki"] Actually all those with the exception of MW2 are $40-50 unless you talk about the special edition or something like that and if best buy sells them for $60 buy them elsewhere. Every ,major DD service like steam and impulse sells them for $50 so does most of retailers

I dont know about gamestop but every new pc game games like ME2,BC2, AVP Dragon Age and infact every single new release is $50 or less ( bar MW2 ) unless you talk about special edition and honestly i dont know where you get your prices ( let alone the games you listed dont have a release date except AC 2and probably those are just place holder prices)

So, you are just making stuff up as you go then? I never said all pc games everywhere were selling for $59.99.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 adamosmaki
[QUOTE="guynamedbilly"][QUOTE="adamosmaki"][QUOTE="guynamedbilly"] What are you talking about? Gamestop is charging the same price and the prices for Assassin's Creed 2, Starcraft 2, and Supreme Commander 2 aren't even listed on steam or impulse yet.

So, you are just making stuff up as you go then? I never said all pc games everywhere were selling for $59.99.

You made a thread with title "increased price on Pc games" where like i said the only game that is $60 is MW2, That alone doesnt mean prices increased

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
[QUOTE="adamosmaki"][QUOTE="guynamedbilly"][QUOTE="adamosmaki"] I dont know about gamestop but every new pc game games like ME2,BC2, AVP Dragon Age and infact every single new release is $50 or less ( bar MW2 ) unless you talk about special edition and honestly i dont know where you get your prices ( let alone the games you listed dont have a release date except AC 2and probably those are just place holder prices)

You made a thread with title "increased price on Pc games" where like i said the only game that is $60 is MW2, That alone doesnt mean prices increased

And you are wrong, because I didn't make the thread and I listed one other game which is definitely at a higher price and two more which are taking preorders at a higher price, though yes they might be completely wrong. Then you proceeded to claim that those games were actually around $50 on steam and impulse, at which point I pointed out that they didn't even have prices for them on steam and impulse. Further the TC didn't say or imply that all pc games were increasing in price and actually justified the increases that have happened as inflation. Maybe I should point out that this isn't system wars.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 adamosmaki

[QUOTE="adamosmaki"][QUOTE="guynamedbilly"] So, you are just making stuff up as you go then? I never said all pc games everywhere were selling for $59.99.guynamedbilly

And you are wrong, because I didn't make the thread and I listed one other game which is definitely at a higher price and two more which are taking preorders at a higher price, though yes they might be completely wrong. Then you proceeded to claim that those games were actually around $50 on steam and impulse, at which point I pointed out that they didn't even have prices for them on steam and impulse. Further the TC didn't say or imply that all pc games were increasing in price and actually justified the increases that have happened as inflation. Maybe I should point out that this isn't system wars.

Starcraft 2 preorder from Gamestop

Supreme commander 2 preorder

All $50 and i'm gonna repeat my self is not 2 is not 3 games is only 1 game at $60

and my point is that all new pc games releases are $50 or less with 1 exception