If KOTOR 3 is an MMORPG, would you buy it?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thenewau25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 0

#51 thenewau25
Member since 2007 • 2058 Posts
WHAT IF OSBIDIAN MAKES AN SINGLEPLAYER KOTOR? WILL YOU BUY IT OR A BIOWARE MMO KOTOR?
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#52 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11790 Posts
WHAT IF OSBIDIAN MAKES AN SINGLEPLAYER KOTOR? WILL YOU BUY IT OR A BIOWARE MMO KOTOR?thenewau25
either, both kotor 1 and 2 were good in my opinion, though i kinda liked 1 better.
thenewau25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 thenewau25
the first was from bioware the second from osbidian thats why!
zhivago_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 zhivago_x
Member since 2007 • 412 Posts

WHAT IF OSBIDIAN MAKES AN SINGLEPLAYER KOTOR? WILL YOU BUY IT OR A BIOWARE MMO KOTOR?thenewau25

To answer it better:

If both Bioware and Obsidian made single player KOTOR I would first buy Obsidian game and then later Bioware game. But at least I would buy them both. Not even remotely interested in KOTOR MMO

thenewau25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 thenewau25

[QUOTE="thenewau25"]WHAT IF OSBIDIAN MAKES AN SINGLEPLAYER KOTOR? WILL YOU BUY IT OR A BIOWARE MMO KOTOR?zhivago_x

To answer it better:

If both Bioware and Obsidian made single player KOTOR I would first buy Obsidian game and then later Bioware game. But at least I would buy them both. Not even remotely interested in KOTOR MMO

plz bioware made the first second was from osbidian and it wasnt as good as the first!

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#56 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11790 Posts
[QUOTE="zhivago_x"]

[QUOTE="thenewau25"]WHAT IF OSBIDIAN MAKES AN SINGLEPLAYER KOTOR? WILL YOU BUY IT OR A BIOWARE MMO KOTOR?thenewau25

To answer it better:

plz bioware made the first second was from osbidian and it wasnt as good as the first!

i disagree, i think they were both good, the second had a few more bugs, but the first had bugs too..

both were good games.. i played kotor 1 way more, but im thinking about getting kotor2 on pc. for the hell of it.

claytoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57 claytoma
Member since 2002 • 1508 Posts
No. I play alone, and yes, that's with nobody else.
Billabong81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Billabong81
Member since 2004 • 188 Posts
I'm personally an MMO junkie, so I would be down for a KOTOR MMO. However, I will admit the SP exerience I had with KOTOR1 was one of the best I've ever had with a single player RPG. Basically, if KOTOR 3 is an MMO game I will buy it. If KOTOR 3 is an SP game I will buy it. If KOTOR 3 is console only I will cry for 3 months and then buy it. I think you guys get the point ;).
Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Herrick
Member since 2004 • 4549 Posts

If KOTOR 3 is an MMORPG, would you buy it?Panther501

No.

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
[QUOTE="Darth_Kane"]

[QUOTE="_Memento_"]I'll only buy KOTOR 3 if it's a SP-only RPG made by Obsidian._Memento_

After the crap KOTOR 2 was? Are you kidding ? Obsidian will NEVER be as good as Black Isle

They're still better than Bioware.

And KOTOR 2 > KOTOR 1

yes, i agree .... NWN 2 + Motb >>>>> JE + ME

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
i may get it if the game is more focussed on providing continous single player experience
eva89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 eva89
Member since 2004 • 807 Posts
i cant believe almost every game is going mmo.....crazy...
Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Mafiree
Member since 2008 • 3704 Posts

Yes

I loved SWg even with its flaws.

A KOTOR MMO would be epic.

Astaroth2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Astaroth2k
Member since 2006 • 877 Posts
No,never....a good Single player is far better than any MMORPG.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#65 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
If it's a good game.
Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts
I would definnitly want to try it out. I loved SWG. A Star Wars mmo would be interesting, and I would love to see how it was. If there wasn't a trial or demo or anything I'd have to buy it out of curiosity alone.
Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Herrick
Member since 2004 • 4549 Posts
If anyone was still wondering if it's definitely going to be an MMO, here is IGN's First Look at it.
Nikalai_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Nikalai_88
Member since 2006 • 1755 Posts

Somehow I doubt this would work. For the last few of their games; technical stability, character advancement and exploration have not been Bioware's strong points, things that are crucial to an MMO. Not only that but so far the selling point seems to be an isolated class based stroy experience, which is confusing concept in an MMOs that are usually about playing with others. Also all MMO content is based on repitition, seeing the same story again and again is weak content, especially since so few stories are worth seeing twice. Finally I doubt that no matter how big a team is that they can put out quality gameplay that is backed up by quality writing. Even story based content with VO takes time to create and edit and it simply cannot not be created at the rate that MMO gamers play. At best dynamic story content would be a hook to keep players interested, not an actual gameplay driving force as in something like Planescape Torment.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I don't think people will pay $15 a month to get a small story updsate on their character. They need to find a better competetive advantage than that.

Also has it become an industry standard to take shots at Blizzard and World of WarCraft? I believe Funcom compared WoW to fast food and AoC to steak, Mythic called WoW 'flawed genious' now Bioware states that WoW is not story driven enough. Its strange but Blizzard has nothing but nice things to state about it competition.

PS. The graphics for this look rather poor, not just technically but the art itself is boring.

PPS. Mask of The Betrayer was a better RPG than anything Bioware released in the past five years. Obsidian knows how to create a great story with a unique concept right from the start.

iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#69 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts

I would get the KOTOR MMO as soon as it became available to me.

and as regards WoW:

IMO it has plenty of story and is a heap of fun .

I have been one of the first to play Shadowbane, Pirates OTC and other less successful games.

and will continue to explore the worlds of MMO I am beta testing now.