I love pc gaming but..

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Darksonic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 0

#1 Darksonic666
Member since 2009 • 3482 Posts

It seems to me like pc gamers miss out on alot of good games ohh sure we get shooters rpg, rts and others but I think we should get all the games xbox and other gaming systems do am I right I mean come on dont you feel a little cheated when a new game comes out and its only on the xbox anyway post if you agree 8)

greatmax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 greatmax1
Member since 2006 • 1868 Posts

Console gamers miss out on a lot of great games on pc too. Life goes on.

jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts
You missed out on, what, Halo and Fable II? Maybe that Forza game? 360 hardly has any worthwhile exclusives and the large majority of its worthwhile games can be had on PC.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
I never fell cheated. There are too many great games that come to us. I don't have time to fell cheated or mad that I don't get console games. There are way to many games to play to care.
Cobretti1818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Cobretti1818
Member since 2005 • 511 Posts

There are a few PS3 games I would like to play, which I will when I need a bluray player.

As for 360 games....please....

BeavermanA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BeavermanA
Member since 2003 • 2652 Posts

It seems to me like pc gamers miss out on alot of good games ohh sure we get shooters rpg, rts and others but I think we should get all the games xbox and other gaming systems do am I right I mean come on dont you feel a little cheated when a new game comes out and its only on the xbox anyway post if you agree 8)

Darksonic666

Damn I miss out on 30 or less fps, many mods to make my games better, mouse and kb support for everything. What shall I do? Sorry but there's a reason I haven't bought a console since the 90s, and I haven't missed them one bit, in fact I get pissed anytime I try to play one at someones house. Shooters and gamepads are not a good mix.

Deadly_Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Deadly_Fatalis
Member since 2006 • 1756 Posts
The only console whose exclusives would interest me are the PS3's. But I also have a PS3, it doesn't get a lot of gaming time from me, but occasionally when I want to play one of its exclusives, the option is always there.
MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts
I only feel cheated cause I miss out on all the Forza games and all I have for the PC is DiRT 2 :(
morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

I had 6 xbox 360s break on me. Yea no thanks, I'm not missing anything.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#11 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Pc gamers get the best games imo.

The only games I would LOVE on PC is Forza3 (The best racing game ever), Ninja Gaiden2 and Gears of war series.

Mazoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Mazoch
Member since 2004 • 2473 Posts

Darksonic666

I have an X360 for some of those exclusives, but I have to say, it's actually very few titles tht I'd really regret missing out on...

Assassins Creed 2 is great but it's comming to the PC soon

I never really liked Halo

Gears of War 2 is ok but nothing exceptional

I guess I'd miss:

Saints Row 2 (With the PC version supposedly being REALLY bad)

Brutal Legend (Mixed reviews and oppionions but I really enjoy it)

Bayonetta perhaps? Forza 3?

The point is that it's not a very long list. If I were to make a list of the PC games I'd hate to miss out on, it would be a REALLY long list.

xwolfghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 xwolfghost
Member since 2005 • 6076 Posts
There are too many handicaps in console games, such as Mass Effect 2s crappy look and click style squad control. I hate it ssooo much. Its not like the companies would bother improving these things for PC
dyproximy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dyproximy
Member since 2003 • 1194 Posts

I own all 3 consoles and the only games I've bought for them in the past 2 years or so is MGS4 (played all the other ones, was a must buy) and Forza 3 (Bought it for my dad who loves racing sims), besides those no other console exclusives interest me.

blooddog28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#15 blooddog28
Member since 2008 • 2049 Posts
You missed out on, what, Halo and Fable II? Maybe that Forza game? 360 hardly has any worthwhile exclusives and the large majority of its worthwhile games can be had on PC.jedinat
agreed.
cybrcatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cybrcatter
Member since 2003 • 16210 Posts

I have a PS3 but it doesn't get much play time from me, and the last game I grabbed was MGS4. Most games, like Unchated 2, are good rentals, but not worth $60.

Anything that's mulitplat I get for the PC. I'de have no problem getting a 360, but Microsoft's other system (PC runnning W7) gets almost everything that I want from that system, with better graphics and superior controls.

TBH, among the consoles, the PS2 is the one that gets the most play time from me.
I have a Wii too, but you can guess how often I touch that thing (that's what he said).

badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts
God of war 1 and 2 runs excellent on PC gran turismo 1,2,3 runs better on PC ........you should love PC gaming :P
theafiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 theafiguy
Member since 2006 • 962 Posts

Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid are the only things I miss from owning a console. Nothing else.

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
There are plenty of great games on the PC and each of the consoles. I never felt like one system had better games than the other. I just prefer console/mouse to controller.
maddox76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 maddox76
Member since 2009 • 40 Posts

agree

but u know

its all business

they do that to advertise to xbox or ps3 or whatever

to force people to buy them

like if u want that game

buy that device

Avatar image for Tezcatlipoca666
Tezcatlipoca666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Tezcatlipoca666
Member since 2006 • 7241 Posts

I have a 360 for Halo, Forza, and some RPG's (Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey). I also got GTA4 on 360 because I didn't want to bother with the PC version.

I play everything else on PC.

the_mitch28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the_mitch28
Member since 2005 • 4684 Posts

I have a 360 and PS3 as well as my Computer, the 360 is awesome.. I love kicking back with it at night when I cbf computers. The PS3 has meh games and a terrible controller so it gets used the least.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

What game have I missed out on lawl? And they all eventually come for the pc due to brilliant reverse engineerers. I mean to do reverse engineering for a whole architecture is REALLY complicated. Regardless if its a console, could be sun's SPARC or whatnot. I mean we are using x86.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
I would prefer having ps3 exclusives on pc and some multiplatform games that are not on pc. But i dont really care about xbox games. Well yeah i do feel cheated and i agree with you. Most people here say "no big deal we got great games too" Yeah ok that but i dont think those games are great. Its the games that we dont get that are great and i want them!! Thats why i bought a ps3!!
Avatar image for mouthforbathory
mouthforbathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 mouthforbathory
Member since 2006 • 2114 Posts

I have a PC and a PS3, so my bases are pretty well covered since most good 360 games are on PC anyways. I rarely use my PS3 though, and when I do use it, it's for playing Final Fantasy VIII, though it's due to get more usage when FF13 and GT5 come out. FPSs suck with controllers in most cases, so I'm quite happy with a mouse and keyboard, and I play so many older PC games that you can't get on the consoles, or at least in their proper form (like Far Cry and BF2), plus I love mods! If FF13 was to come out for PC, I'd get it for the PC instead of PS3, and I bet Square will release a PC version later on too...........

As for older games for PS1, I can run PS1 CD-ROMs using an emulator, with enhanced resolution and texture interpolation that works better than the native and software emulation methods used on the PS3. PS2 emulation however is alot more complicated and no where near as comprehensive.........

WoWNeil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 WoWNeil
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I agree with you Maddox 100%! And one more thing, you do not have to choose, you can use both, pc and console - problem solved! You just have to buy 2x more :-) But for me, i keep on coming back to my real love - World of Warcraft! Neil www.wowguidebook.com
Insanister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Insanister
Member since 2005 • 2185 Posts
Invest enough time and effort, and you can play games from console on your PC through emulators. Ah, with controllers yes.
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts

I have a ps3 for japanese games (and the odd sony exclusive), and a pc for everything else. I find myself almost never playing a console though, its just not the same experience (low frame rates really bother me).

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
I never feel the shortage of great games. You need to remember not every game is on a single system, PC or console. So this can easily go both ways.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#30 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
They're just games.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

I want about a million console titles. Dante's Inferno, Halo 3 and the new ones, Uncharted, Forza, Darksiders, Killzone and many, many others...

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kevy619

I want about a million console titles. Dante's Inferno, Halo 3 and the new ones, Uncharted, Forza, Darksiders, Killzone and many, many others...

Baranga
most of those games are pretty meh, but go ahead and get a ps3... it plays blu-rays atleast. Its also very good at streaming media.
Dr_Brocoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Dr_Brocoli
Member since 2007 • 3724 Posts
Not at all, 98% of games for xbox suck.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

kevy619

most of those games are pretty meh, but go ahead and get a ps3... it plays blu-rays atleast. Its also very good at streaming media.

Not officially sold here, way too expensive, blu-rays too expensive, HDTVs cost too much, no PSN... It's simply not an option. Same goes for every console. Eastern Europe is like 10 years behind the console market, it's PC-land here.

I only get to play these games in whatever stores import some PS3s, there's always a couple of them unpacked and set up to play, even with the employees.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kevy619
Not at all, 98% of games for xbox suck.Dr_Brocoli
true, and the 2% that dont are better on pc.
gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
i pretty much missed PC gaming until last year when I finally started. I guess I like to try a little of everything so even on consoles i still prefer my good old 16bit days. 360 and ps3 not so much anymore.
Dude_ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Dude_ownage
Member since 2009 • 232 Posts
You can't have everything. Sure you miss some games, but you also have some games that others miss. Life.
haberman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 haberman13
Member since 2003 • 2414 Posts

I'm going to be that guy: consoles blow, and are for noob gamers.

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
[QUOTE="Dr_Brocoli"]Not at all, 98% of games for xbox suck.kevy619
true, and the 2% that dont are better on pc.

You're both wrong. Either that or just blind.
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
I own both a PC and 360, and while I greatly prefer my PC, the 360 has tons of great games. Anybody who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. Recently really enjoyed: Forza 3 Darksiders UFC 2009 Castle Crashers Fight Night: Round 4 Burnout Paradise Gears of War 2 All fun games, some of them exceptional...especially Forza 3 and Darksiders.
Yanduan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Yanduan
Member since 2007 • 161 Posts

I think most games I'd like to pay comes to PC though sometimes a bit late

I only miss Final Fantasy series

And don't forget some great games are exclusive on PC only

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Every single-platform gamer misses out on a lot.
alvaro_pg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 alvaro_pg
Member since 2003 • 330 Posts
So we are missing out on a few great games... I don't really care. We get tons of great multi platform games + exclusives on the PC to keep us entertained. In my case, I got Left 4 Dead 2, Dragon Age, Modern Warfare 2, Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Serious Sam HD and Mass Effect Two in the last 3-4 months; and with work and other real life commitments I only had time to finish DAO and Crysis; and I'm only halfway through L4D2 and ME2. Not to mention I still have to beat some old games like Bioshock, Alone in the Dark (lawl I know) and Empire Total War. So do we get crap games, or not enough? I dont think so. We get most of the best from sony and MS consoles, great exclusives (including awesome classics that will never go to consoles), mods, mouse/keyboard, full support for all Xbox360 peripherals, much better graphics, cheaper games, better online gaming, plus all the million other bonuses that come with owning a PC... Sure, I'd love to play Uncharted 2 on my pc, but it's not big deal as long as I get to play Total War games and Mass Effect (they certainly take up most of my spare time). PC is and will always be the best gaming platform . People should stop QQing about not getting enough exclusives or games in general...
haberman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 haberman13
Member since 2003 • 2414 Posts

Consoles do have cool racing games, I'll admit that. Otherwise I would much rather PC game.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kevy619
[QUOTE="Renevent42"]I own both a PC and 360, and while I greatly prefer my PC, the 360 has tons of great games. Anybody who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. Recently really enjoyed: Forza 3 Darksiders UFC 2009 Castle Crashers Fight Night: Round 4 Burnout Paradise Gears of War 2 All fun games, some of them exceptional...especially Forza 3 and Darksiders.

Burnout is on pc, and most of those other games are on ps3. It makes more sense to go ps3/pc, ps3 plays blu-rays and has way more good exclusive games (plus free online play).
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kevy619

I think most games I'd like to pay comes to PC though sometimes a bit late

I only miss Final Fantasy series

And don't forget some great games are exclusive on PC only

Yanduan

actually alot of great games are pc only, or so much better on pc they may as well be pc only like dragon age, left 4 dead, orange box (especially team fotress 2).

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kevy619
So we are missing out on a few great games... I don't really care. We get tons of great multi platform games + exclusives on the PC to keep us entertained. In my case, I got Left 4 Dead 2, Dragon Age, Modern Warfare 2, Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Serious Sam HD and Mass Effect Two in the last 3-4 months; and with work and other real life commitments I only had time to finish DAO and Crysis; and I'm only halfway through L4D2 and ME2. Not to mention I still have to beat some old games like Bioshock, Alone in the Dark (lawl I know) and Empire Total War. So do we get crap games, or not enough? I dont think so. We get most of the best from sony and MS consoles, great exclusives (including awesome classics that will never go to consoles), mods, mouse/keyboard, full support for all Xbox360 peripherals, much better graphics, cheaper games, better online gaming, plus all the million other bonuses that come with owning a PC... Sure, I'd love to play Uncharted 2 on my pc, but it's not big deal as long as I get to play Total War games and Mass Effect (they certainly take up most of my spare time). PC is and will always be the best gaming platform . People should stop QQing about not getting enough exclusives or games in general...alvaro_pg
Its funny what good marketing can do...
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
[QUOTE="kevy619"][QUOTE="Renevent42"]I own both a PC and 360, and while I greatly prefer my PC, the 360 has tons of great games. Anybody who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. Recently really enjoyed: Forza 3 Darksiders UFC 2009 Castle Crashers Fight Night: Round 4 Burnout Paradise Gears of War 2 All fun games, some of them exceptional...especially Forza 3 and Darksiders.

Burnout is on pc, and most of those other games are on ps3. It makes more sense to go ps3/pc, ps3 plays blu-rays and has way more good exclusive games (plus free online play).

That's neither here nor there..and frankly I prefer 360 exclusives...that's all down to preference.
alvaro_pg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 alvaro_pg
Member since 2003 • 330 Posts
[QUOTE="alvaro_pg"]So we are missing out on a few great games... I don't really care. We get tons of great multi platform games + exclusives on the PC to keep us entertained. In my case, I got Left 4 Dead 2, Dragon Age, Modern Warfare 2, Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Serious Sam HD and Mass Effect Two in the last 3-4 months; and with work and other real life commitments I only had time to finish DAO and Crysis; and I'm only halfway through L4D2 and ME2. Not to mention I still have to beat some old games like Bioshock, Alone in the Dark (lawl I know) and Empire Total War. So do we get crap games, or not enough? I dont think so. We get most of the best from sony and MS consoles, great exclusives (including awesome classics that will never go to consoles), mods, mouse/keyboard, full support for all Xbox360 peripherals, much better graphics, cheaper games, better online gaming, plus all the million other bonuses that come with owning a PC... Sure, I'd love to play Uncharted 2 on my pc, but it's not big deal as long as I get to play Total War games and Mass Effect (they certainly take up most of my spare time). PC is and will always be the best gaming platform . People should stop QQing about not getting enough exclusives or games in general...kevy619
Its funny what good marketing can do...

Why do u say that? lol