I feel like im the only PC gamer that dosen't find Crysis's graphics impressive?

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]

Gears link doesn't show. Also can you get some Crysis shots that's not modified, see if you can find shots from rocks, walls and floors at a higher resolution. Trust me, I know what I'm viewing on my monitor, lol... Crysis textures indeed looks very flat. I 've been involve in the arts for over 8 years, my eyesight is fine.

Swiftstrike5

Comparing the worst of Crysis to the best of Gears is hardly a fair comparison. Yes I know what you're talking about. It doesn't look that great, I know. It's a wall. It's not really supposed to have 'depth.' If you want to compare the best of Crysis with the best of Gears then you should look at the ground textures. Ground textures appear completely 3d on Very High (compared to high). Weapons look spectacular. I love the lighting though. The light rays underwater look simply amazing. Gears had nothing on my first multiplayer match on Shore when you dive under the submarine. Simply amazing. Gears 'bumps' on everything is hardly impressive though. It's also a brown & gray corridor shooter. It's graphics do suit the game, but it's not comparable to Crysis. I don't remember questioning your eyesight, but alright.

Not once did I said Gears was a better looking game then Crysis, relax.

dos4gw82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 dos4gw82
Member since 2006 • 1896 Posts

[QUOTE="Swiftstrike5"]

[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]Both looks very rubbish from those shots, in addition pixelated. That Gears image is also from the 360 version bud.

OoSuperMarioO

What games are you playing that make those look like rubbish?

Here's a PC shot. Didn't realize the original was 360. I don't know how you could tell.

That's not what I'm seeing on my monitor bud. You need to link me a 1920x1200 image that's uncompressed, then I can honestly tell you if that's what I'm seeing in-game.

I have to say that the U3 engine has started to look like complete rubbish to me in the past year or so. I can't describe how, but I can now instantly tell from a screen shot whether or not a game uses U3, and my immediate response is "Uhg." Something about the blurriness of the outlines of objects and that annoying shimmering effect when you look at distant objects. It just isn't very pretty. I seriously hope tech 5 or cryengine 3 replaces it as the dominate multi-platform engine. I don't think I could endure another one of these.
Avatar image for Charles_Dickens
Charles_Dickens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Charles_Dickens
Member since 2009 • 1693 Posts

That image of Crysis posted by Swiftstrike5 looks pretty decent to me - so how come, at the Enthusiast Settings, at 1680*1050, with 16X anisitropic filtering on my Core i7 920, with its GTX 275, I'm not seeing that?

My Crysis isn't nearly that clear. I've got a really nice LCD monitor too that displays natively at 1680*1050? Has that image been touched-up somehow?

Papitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104 Papitar
Member since 2008 • 2377 Posts

[QUOTE="pinneyapple"]

[QUOTE="Charles_Dickens"] Any game that I mention, you're just going to write: OMG, dude, you think that that game looks better than Crysis - you have no credibility.

So why should I bother?

That's the reason I didn't mention the half-a-dozen games I've got on my shelf right now that have farther draw-distances, superior textures (by a country mile), and much better animations (the NPCs in Crysis look like robots). When I initially launched this title at the Enthusiast settings I honestly thought that something was wrong - obviously the game doesn't look bad, but no way is Crysis, at present, the best looking game I've ever seen. The graphics just don't justify the relatively low frame-rates - the game is not well programmed at all.Charles_Dickens

I was going to write that? You said there were better looking games I'm just interested to what games you're actually talking about. If you're going to make a statement at least back it up.

GTA 4, Fallout 3, Far Cry 2, Stalker Clear Sky - okay, are you satisfied.

Now you can proceed to tell me that GTA 4, a game which cost 100 million dollars, and contains the single greatest living breathing city we've EVER seen in a game (by a country mile), is somehow less of a technical achievement than Crysis. Yeah, right.

And then you can tell me that the DX10 version of Far Cry 2, maxed-out, is such a god-awful looking game - yeah right, why don't you do that too.

And then you can tell me that the barren wasteland in Fallout 3 is ugly because it doesn't have a jungle, and an ocean, since we all know, of course, that wastelands should have jungles and oceans in them. And then after that you can tell me that Stalker Clear Sky's god rays aren't nearly as complex as they are in Crysis even though they look about fifty times better.

Defend your beloved Crysis all you want to. There's nothing... NOTHING... that you can write that's going to convince me that this game has low-res textures and looks like it's about two-years old... wait a minute... I've just visited Wikipedia... and it turns out that I'm actually right about that! Crysis actually is almost two years old. Well what do you know! I was right, and you fail miserably.

Okay bye.

Haha hit n run post =) Can't even stand for yourself on the internetz.

Anyway, Fallout 3? Are you kidding? GTA4? Get outta here.. Seriously. I'm fine with Far Cry 2, it's debatable.. but dude...

Oh, I'm not defending anything. There are plenty of games I like more than Crysis, for example: HL2, UT3 aso. I even think ut3 is more appealing and pleasent to look at, and might even make me "wow" at the graphics a bit more. But it's because Crysis has aimed for photorealism, which ut3 hasn't. Crysis also has way better interactivity and physics than ut3. I mean, in what other game can you chop trees or shoot down a whole forest? =p

Anyway, Far Cry 2 is your most "sensemaking" game. But I don't see how it is miles better than Crysis, in any aspect. You just hate the game. Get over yourself.

(lol at internet debating..)

kurohubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#105 kurohubby
Member since 2005 • 200 Posts

Is it me or most of the folks that are not Impressed with crysis are folks running XP? vista (i know hated) you can tell with that DX10. maybe it's just me

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#106 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58464 Posts

I like how all of sudden someone posts how they dont find the visuals impressive, and people start coming out of the woodwork going "Yea bro, youre totally right".

Crysis is a technical milestone when it comes to visuals. This isnt opinion...this is fact. The numbers are there, and the support from industry experts and critics support it.

What is subjective, however, is the art direction, and I can empathize with people who think Crysis doesnt look that great on this merit. In my opinion, a game such as Alice, Halflife 2, and Bioshock looks better because of the art direction, the creativity, and the atmosphere.

I dont have a problem with people knocking Crysis. Just make sure you do it on the right grounds.

Drew1333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107 Drew1333
Member since 2003 • 44 Posts
ya same here
Papitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#108 Papitar
Member since 2008 • 2377 Posts

I like how all of sudden someone posts how they dont find the visuals impressive, and people start coming out of the woodwork going "Yea bro, youre totally right".

Crysis is a technical milestone when it comes to visuals. This isnt opinion...this is fact. The numbers are there, and the support from industry experts and critics support it.

What is subjective, however, is the art direction, and I can empathize with people who think Crysis doesnt look that great on this merit. In my opinion, a game such as Alice, Halflife 2, and Bioshock looks better because of the art direction, the creativity, and the atmosphere.

I dont have a problem with people knocking Crysis. Just make sure you do it on the right grounds.

mrbojangles25

Thank you. /thread

Drew1333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Drew1333
Member since 2003 • 44 Posts
same here
vaultboy_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 vaultboy_ninja
Member since 2009 • 2684 Posts
the graphics aren't bad, just nothin special.
vaultboy_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 vaultboy_ninja
Member since 2009 • 2684 Posts
the graphics aren't bad, just nothin special.vaultboy_ninja
btw. does anyone realize theyre goin waaay off the subject here .i mean i hate to break it to ya, but nobody else cares about whatever dumb crap charles_dickens and papitar are fighting about. wer'e supposed to answer the dudes question.Do you think crysis graphics are awsome, alright or awful?
Charles_Dickens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Charles_Dickens
[QUOTE="vaultboy_ninja"]the graphics aren't bad, just nothin special.vaultboy_ninja
btw. does anyone realize theyre goin waaay off the subject here .i mean i hate to break it to ya, but nobody else cares about whatever dumb crap charles_dickens and papitar are fighting about. wer'e supposed to answer the dudes question.Do you think crysis graphics are awsome, alright or awful?

I've already answered that question. Crysis's graphics are just alright. They're nothing special. Maybe they were special two years ago, but a game like the incredible GTA 4 has blown Crysis out of the water. Okay, enough said.
spikex8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 spikex8
Member since 2003 • 119 Posts

I've played many games that I've enjoyed more than Crysis, but none that I think look better. I've played all of the game Charles thinks blow Crysis out of the water and I have to say I don't think any of them come anywhere close... especially GTA since it looks totally cartoony.

Charles_Dickens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Charles_Dickens

Crysis is a technical milestone when it comes to visuals. This isnt opinion...this is fact.mrbojangles25

I see.

Well thanks for that.

I guess there was no need for the O.P. to have created this thread then. Actually, why don't we just shut down the entire forum, and start listening to what you have to say, since you you seem to know it all.

It would appear, based on your post, that there's no need for any of us to express our own opinions when clearly you have all the facts at your disposal. How foolish of us not to have realized this. I unconditionally withdraw everything that I've ever written at this forum, and I bow to the obvious superiority of the mighty, mighty, Mr Bojangles.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#115 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Maybe they were special two years ago, but a game like the incredible GTA 4 has blown Crysis out of the water. Okay, enough said.Charles_Dickens

Crysis was launched 18 months ago and only the animations are inferior to GTA4. Fact.

Also, a full Crysis level has more of, uh, everything than GTA4 has in a cell at any time except SOMETIMES for the number of AI entities. Which doesn't matter since the AI is far more advanced in Crysis, it even has a freakin' memory system...

Clear Sky is also miles above GTA4.

And is it fair to compare Euphoria, a middleware, to GSC and Crytek's in-house technologies?

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

It's quite hysterical that the very site we all are debating on awarded Metal Gear Solid 4 as Best Graphics including pre-gs staff over at Giantbomb. So please do have some decency for peoples opinions, at the core this is all subjective for discussion.