How does HD7850 rate compared to Xbox 360 and PS3?

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts
[QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"][QUOTE="04dcarraher"] So wrong, you haven't used a capture software or device before because you can see the source franerate and or capture the raw data without capping it.04dcarraher
lol to see the frames that the console renders it would have to be a program on the console.

No you can use a pc based capture card and see the frame rate being produced from the source :roll:

not true..
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
[QUOTE="04dcarraher"][QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"] lol to see the frames that the console renders it would have to be a program on the console. _SKatEDiRt_
No you can use a pc based capture card and see the frame rate being produced from the source :roll:

not true..

Right, because what you think overrules everyone else including professional websites, and the capture cards themselves.
_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 _SKatEDiRt_
[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"][QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"][QUOTE="04dcarraher"] No you can use a pc based capture card and see the frame rate being produced from the source :roll:

not true..

Right, because what you think overrules everyone else including professional websites, and the capture cards themselves.

well they never say what they used to check the frame rate so yes pretty much I'm calling it bogus
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts
[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"][QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"] not true.._SKatEDiRt_

well they never say what they used to check the frame rate so yes pretty much I'm calling it bogus

No your bogus if you believe consoles cant have sub 30 fps averages
_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 _SKatEDiRt_
[QUOTE="04dcarraher"][QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"][QUOTE="ferret-gamer"] Right, because what you think overrules everyone else including professional websites, and the capture cards themselves.

I didn't say they couldn't I said that those Benchies are bogus. Putting words in my mouth?
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 04dcarraher
[QUOTE="04dcarraher"][QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]well they never say what they used to check the frame rate so yes pretty much I'm calling it bogus_SKatEDiRt_

I didn't say they couldn't I said that those Benchies are bogus. Putting words in my mouth?

hypocritical aren't we? if you believe consoles can have sub 30 fps rates why cant you believe that those games aren't running sub 30 at times..... I have assassins creed 3 and farcry 3 in my household on 360 and yes the frame rates are low many times, especially farcry 3.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#57 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

That guy is trolling hard.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 _SKatEDiRt_
[QUOTE="04dcarraher"][QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"][QUOTE="04dcarraher"] No your bogus if you believe consoles cant have sub 30 fps averages

hypocritical aren't we? if you believe consoles can have sub 30 fps rates why cant you believe that those games aren't running sub 30 at times..... I have assassins creed 3 and farcry 3 in my household on 360 and yes the frame rates are low many times, especially farcry 3.

why don't I believe those benches are correct? They made up the framerate? Maybe that's why? Unless they state the program they use to benchmark the console then it's bogus. Simple
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 04dcarraher
[QUOTE="04dcarraher"][QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"] I didn't say they couldn't I said that those Benchies are bogus. Putting words in my mouth?_SKatEDiRt_

why don't I believe those benches are correct? They made up the framerate? Maybe that's why? Unless they state the program they use to benchmark the console then it's bogus. Simple

Your bogus......
_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 _SKatEDiRt_
[QUOTE="04dcarraher"][QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"][QUOTE="04dcarraher"] hypocritical aren't we? if you believe consoles can have sub 30 fps rates why cant you believe that those games aren't running sub 30 at times..... I have assassins creed 3 and farcry 3 in my household on 360 and yes the frame rates are low many times, especially farcry 3.

Your bogus......

your face is bogus
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 04dcarraher
[QUOTE="04dcarraher"][QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"] why don't I believe those benches are correct? They made up the framerate? Maybe that's why? Unless they state the program they use to benchmark the console then it's bogus. Simple_SKatEDiRt_
Your bogus......

your face is bogus

Na its real
_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 _SKatEDiRt_
[QUOTE="04dcarraher"][QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"][QUOTE="04dcarraher"] Your bogus......

your face is bogus

Na its real

real bogus
GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"][QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

So not true

LORD_BOOZ

Carmack disagrees with u

A pc gpu "equal" to consoles would be a very small and very cheap card. An hd7850 is so not! equal to the consoles it's like Zues compared to a peasant.

Irrelevant to what you quoted
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Read their FAQ, it shows the equipment they use for testing.

Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#65 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

[QUOTE="kraken2109"]

[QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"] no it was not that low fps. If I had to guess I'd say 40 at the lowest. Unless they can prove using a real tool to measure console fps. And no it is not its lowest setting on consoles. It doesn't look as good as PC but PC looks worse on low than does a console_SKatEDiRt_

Average fps: 23.82 (Far Cry 3)

http://www.lensoftruth.com/heads-up-far-cry-3-screenshot-comparison-and-analysis/

Once again how are they measuring console fps? lol

It's not that hard.

Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Marfoo
Member since 2004 • 6002 Posts

[QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

[QUOTE="kraken2109"]

Average fps: 23.82 (Far Cry 3)

http://www.lensoftruth.com/heads-up-far-cry-3-screenshot-comparison-and-analysis/

hartsickdiscipl

Once again how are they measuring console fps? lol

It's not that hard.

You take a recording of the video signal and you pass it through a computer algorithm that counts how many unique frames there are from which you can calculate the framerate.
Metallic_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67 Metallic_Blade
Member since 2005 • 565 Posts

For anyone here who hasn't noticed severs fps drop on consoles, go and play Ratchet: Deadlocked/Gladiator on co-op mode. On one of the stages near the end of the game, I can almost guarantee you that the game will drop even bellow 20FPS. Case in point, There ARE FPS drops in console games. GTA:IV runs at sub 20's FPS on either console.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

About 7 times more powerful according to FLOPS, but exclusive console games get twice as much performance vs Equal PC Hardware. Anyway the difference isn't super noticeable GioVela2010

AMD GCN includes hardware designs to improved stream processor usage rates.

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"][QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]your face is bogus_SKatEDiRt_
Na its real

real bogus

Your stupidity is amazing. You CAN NOT capture a viedo at a higher FPS than its being rendered at.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

I tried to find the answer myself but everything I read was full of techno babble that went right over my head, so if someone can give a simple answer on which is better or a similar comparison, that'd be good. Also, I KNOW no one knows for sure if/when the next gen consoles are coming but do you have a theory on how a 7850 (over clocked edition) will rate against them? Considering upgrading and switching to an Nvidia card this year, just wondering how far I'll need to go to outshine the new consoles that I will, no doubt, buy as well.

Hawkeye747

AMD GCN based consoles might result in AMD "Gaming Evolved" type bias and AMD "Gaming Evolved" PC titles hasn't bypassed MS Direct3D layers.

For example,

DirtShowdown_Benchmark_Performance-635x3

LORD_BOOZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 LORD_BOOZ
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="LORD_BOOZ"]

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"] Carmack disagrees with u  GioVela2010

A pc gpu "equal" to consoles would be a very small and very cheap card. An hd7850 is so not! equal to the consoles it's like Zues compared to a peasant.

Irrelevant to what you quoted

Apologies. I had scanned the first page and decided to post without looking at the other pages my bad.