• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 onemic
Member since 2003 • 5616 Posts

the game blows.

sad, very sad because i was anticipating this so much. guess the next best thing is diablo iii...whenever that is.

j3v1zzle

Well then I guess you'll hate Diablo 3 as well.

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

[QUOTE="jgn77"]I'm not sure why I bother reading this garbage. If you are going to judge a game by a demo that has 4 generalareas, 4 quests and max lvl 5, you're just an idiot. That would be like judging a computer by the color of the cooling fan. Go back to playing your Xbox and leave the PC Gamesfor the grownups.Swiftstrike5

If you can't judge a game based on its demo, how do you judge it? Its not his fault that the developer/producer released a peice of crap demo. I hear all this BS about people not being able to judge betas/demos when thats 100% of your judgement on a game. Its the same freaking game. Retail doesn't revolutionize the graphics, gameplay, or a majority of the reason people dislike this game.

Main Point: If developer doesn't release a demo, Its their fault. Many people judge if they will buy a game based off the demo... otherwise what point is there?

i agree. really had enough of this "you can't judge a game by its demo" crap....it's fine that people feel like reserving his final judgement when the product is out; but when a company doesn't even have the ability to successfully showcaseits product, then this company fails and it's only natural for consumers to disregard their product.

Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Herrick
Member since 2004 • 4549 Posts
Herrick agrees with Jinroh_basic & Swiftstrike5. Not every gamer is willing to risk $40 or $50 on a potentially crappy game, so the demo is all they have to go by until reviews come out.
iwokojance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 iwokojance
Member since 2005 • 1040 Posts

why not make your point in the numerous other threads about people's opinions on hellgate london? instead of making your own thread, for those like me who really enjoyed it, it's tiring seeing numerous threads made stating how bad it is, why not judge it on the full game instead of a 30 min demo? eh?Kusimekaa

ZING!

To bad you couldn't piece together a couple coherent sentences, in order to get your point across.ProudLarry

and lemme hear ya say ZANG!

:D

Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 Xshinobi
Member since 2003 • 3011 Posts

I have been in the beta for about 2 weeks and I can say that I love it and cant wait to pick up my pre-order next week. So dont say everyone is disappointed in it.

ShadyJade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 ShadyJade
Member since 2007 • 54 Posts

Since i saw the first trailers of this game i didn't like it....Tons of monsters and idiotic game-play.I even saw an interview presentation of this game then i saw it for what grade gamespot was gonna give it.. 6 the most or 6.5 not more..

Avatar image for deactivated-57cd7ac088d47
deactivated-57cd7ac088d47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-57cd7ac088d47
Member since 2006 • 493 Posts

[QUOTE="Kusimekaa"]why not make your point in the numerous other threads about people's opinions on hellgate london? instead of making your own thread, for those like me who really enjoyed it, it's tiring seeing numerous threads made stating how bad it is, why not judge it on the full game instead of a 30 min demo? eh?iwokojance

ZING!

To bad you couldn't piece together a couple coherent sentences, in order to get your point across.ProudLarry

and lemme hear ya say ZANG!

:D

and can you say HERB? what a loser
Starshootr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 Starshootr
Member since 2007 • 280 Posts

Well, while we could go nuts and start comparing two games that haven't been released in whole yet, or we could face the idea that the demos and the trailers are not an absolute representation of the official, set-in-full game.

I played the demo on my Mid-range PC. The gameplay got rather boring after a while, and the outdoors look was rather bland, and it could be decided that I wouldn't get this game unless it was free. However, remember that it isn't an absolute representation of the full game, and we can feel free to rant all we want once the full game, the version they want to be judged, is out.

So, unless you're paid the full $50 for just the demo, I don't see a reason to whine about how bad it seems before the final is released (and I'd try to catch the kid who sold it to ya).

murekkep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#59 murekkep
Member since 2005 • 758 Posts
If you think that life dont suffers you too much, you should play hellgate london beta. You're getting 500-1000 average ping, when you wanna attack, it goes on like 5 fps, when you wanna exit game and press esc, it responds after 10 seconds and when you succesfully exit, it makes your system like snail. So, what will you gonna say about that eternal hellgate lovers?
GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#60 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts
alarm the PC games police - we got here "Diablo 2 hater" situation
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts
Been playing the Beta many hours straight and I absolutely love it. I played the demo first, and that was a disappointment for me. However, playing in the Beta has made this a definite buy for me. Now if only they'd fix that damn memory leak...
chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#62 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts
the gameplay is lame, because with ranged weapon u just need to hold the mouse button, and no reloading.

with melee you need to go close to an enemy and guess what? you pressing allot at the same mouse button!.

the only good thing about this game, is that you can collect allot of things, and go again and press the same button over and over again. kingeliran

I am sorry you feel that way about the mouse buttons. I mean, if you are going to be playing games on PC, you will have to deal with mouse buttons. And considering that there are 2-3 buttons on most Mice, you are going to have to keep pressing the same ones a lot.

Sorry. Maybe PC gaming is not for you.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#63 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
[QUOTE="kingeliran"]

the gameplay is lame, because with ranged weapon u just need to hold the mouse button, and no reloading.

with melee you need to go close to an enemy and guess what? you pressing allot at the same mouse button!.

the only good thing about this game, is that you can collect allot of things, and go again and press the same button over and over again.

mfsa

you just described diablo 2, one of the most popular online games of all time

Hellgate London isn't much like Diablo 2 - it's pretty badly implemented, and the sense that the game is extremely unpolished is present throughout. Also, being comparable to Diablo 2 in this day and age isn't a good thing - it's basically like saying "oh wow, you perfectly recaptured the feel of playing the first Quake" - really?

The TC's post is kind of rambly, and not particularly well written, however, Hellgate London really is a badly done game. It's not just the "hold down the mouse button" - it's that enemies don't know how to deal with circle-straffing and bunny hopping - it stops 95% of them from being able to hit you.

There are also all kind of strange, unfinished, unpolished bits in the game. For example, first-person mode is only accessable when using only guns - you cannot use a sword in first person. Also, keep in mind, the idea of paying $50, plus $10 a month, to get Diablo 2 gameplay, many, many years later, with far less polish, just doesn't make sense.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
It isn't good as I expected.