Ghosts just became AWESOME !!!

• 167 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@airshocker said:

@FelipeInside said:

@airshocker said:

And troll number 2 appears.... they must of let you two out of the cages today. Oh well....

(btw, have you had those reading classes yet? cause you still fail to read all my posts correctly, but I guess that's what trolls do)

Here's what happens on the forums these days with a bunch like you (really sad that you have ruined what used to be such a great place to hang out):

Sorry that I can't be on 24/7 to instantly respond to your stupidity. You'll just have to wait until my mental faculties recover enough to actually process the nonsense that's posted under your name.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts
@mhofever said:

Everyone's talking about Ghost launch being glitchy and slow like it's the first CoD to have crap optimisation but don't forget it was the same with Black Ops 1, that ran horribly on launch.

No one here forgets that. Except maybe Felipe who probably praised the game as the second coming of Jesus.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@airshocker said:
@mhofever said:

Everyone's talking about Ghost launch being glitchy and slow like it's the first CoD to have crap optimisation but don't forget it was the same with Black Ops 1, that ran horribly on launch.

No one here forgets that. Except maybe Felipe who probably praised the game as the second coming of Jesus.

I think we are up to number 53 with reading problems from you.

Go back and read my posts, I said that Blops1 had an awful launch and was unplayable at release.

It's easy to win arguments when you don't read the other poster's points.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 FelipeInside

@wis3boi said:

@FelipeInside said:

@wis3boi said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

It's a shame that they pretty much abandoned the platform they started on. There is no reason for a mediocre looking game like CoD to run like complete shit.

But that's what I've been saying all along, it doesn't after the patch. Sure it still needs work, but I play match after match without any issues.

Launch was a different story all together. It had performance problems, crashes, lockups etc. But so did BF4 until they patched it.

Does it run as smooth as Blops2? Not yet, but hopefully they get it there.

and yet you still complain about GTA 4's port. CoD gets a free pass though, even though they've had a dozen releases on the same engine and still **** it up and lie about the requirements and artificially increase them.

Ehhhh, there's a bit of a difference there unless you clutching at straws to draw an argument?

GTA4 had a year to get released on PC. The launch was really bad (worse than Ghosts) with problems all over the place (apart from the DRM). Even a year after and with all the patches some people still have problems running it properly. Yes yes I know u ran it all fine since launch but we all know that one PC doesn't mean everyone elses.

Ghosts' launch was also awful, barely playable with performance issues, bugs, crashes, lockups etc. I even said on my first post (if anyone cared to read it) that I regretted paying for the game.

Then 3 days later (3 DAYS LATER) they released a patch which fixed most of the performance issues. I know that because I've been playing just Ghosts after the patch and all the matches run fine.

So comparing GTA4, which took them a year to port and still haven't fixed it up, to Ghosts, which had a bad launch and they fixed most of the issues 3 days later is not a valid argument.

And it's not the same engine, it looks completely different.

You don't even own the game so why do you even comment on the performance if you can't test it? I've got it running on 2 PCs and also check with both my friends how it's running on their PCs.

You are rewarding and praising developers for doing a craptastic job on a game that not only looks like complete ass, but runs like ass. Yes, the engine is the same. Congrats, smoke moves now and the lightly is ever so slightly better...its the same engine. There are no excuses for a game to look this terrible and perform that terrible.

I guess everyone is having reading comprehension problems lately.

You do realize that at no point did I defend the actual port. I even said I wanted regretted buying the game because of the performance issues.

My post was about the new modes, which are good and fun and to all those people that say COD never brings anything new.

The port should of been better but at least now it's fixed a bit with the patch.

Everyone praises BF4 but their launch was bad too (port wise)

Woe2spread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Woe2spread
Member since 2009 • 280 Posts

I have a question about needing the six gb ram but I only got four right now. is it doable or no?

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@ZombieKiller7 said:

1. Players enjoys Game X

2. Instead of making releases when the game is significantly different, devs release the same game with different themes. CoD, CoD black ops, CoD ghost ops, COD infitrator, CoD ninja123 to exploit the way online communities work and turn online gaming into an "MMORPG" pay per month scheme. Instead of putting out patches and tweaks to improve the original game, and optimzing it, they just release the same game with different maps, themes and skins.

3. This works on console communities because you're generally dealing with a more casual, less informed crowd.

4. One can say "So what, I enjoy it" and that's fine BUT realize that by rewarding this behavior financially, you are creating more copycats like Activision to ruin the BF series by doing the same thing. People used to play BF2 for 4-5 years on and off. And then they release BF3. And then it turns into a yearly rehash like CoD with a new BF4 BF5 BF6 BF7 every fucking year, map packs, and so on.

5. By rewarding this behavior financially, you're shitting where you eat.

Just by 2 cents

- BF4 to me is different than BF3. I couldn't get into BF3, I bought it...tried to play it.... and then just uninstalled it. BF4 I'm enjoying a lot more, especially playing with friends.

- COD is the same, to the outside world they see it has guns so they automatically think "oh, it's copy and paste", but go play COD4 and then Blops2 and tell me they are the same game. They are not.

- The industry is the same as you mentioned but now with an accelerated pace. With BF2 you could play for 3-4 years with an expansion once a year.... now it's one a year with expansions (DLC) once every 3 months. I don't know if waiting 4 years to make a new BF or COD is really going to make a difference, they can also change/innovate so much. You have to also remember that these titles are so popular now that they have a much bigger development team than before, so they can push the same amount of work out that they did in 3 years before, into one year.

- Do I agree with this yearly release scheme? I really don't know, it's hard on the wallet, lol. I don't mind them releasing a new sequel every year or year and a half, but I think all the DLC should be free, and that's why I never buy the extra maps.

- What annoys me the most is the DLC content. It's $15 for a few maps and sometimes they aren't even new maps (just redesigned ones).

- The yearly releases also have the problem of being rushed, like you mentioned, and that I agree with. Sometimes they should test more but I don't know how that works. BF4 had a long beta to test and the launch was still bad?

- As for patches, all COD and BF games are still being patched and optimized so I don't agree with you there. One of my friends still plays Blops1 and the other day he had an update to download.

I'm just concerned that they're "wagging the dog" so to speak.

They're social engineering consumer behavior and expectations, such that instead of expecting a solid game that you can play for years, from the minute you buy a CoD you're on a subscription timer.

Map pack hits? You either buy it or get left behind.

New CoD hits? You either buy it or get left behind.

I understand there's still people playing older CoD's with no map packs and no dlc.

I'm just saying the developer is pushing a quasi-subscription model AND at the same time drowning out their competition through volume.

If you're busy buying CoD every year, there's not gonna be much left in your wallet for other FPS.

So they're starving their competators, some of whom might offer innovation and better ideas.

At the end of the day, if the game is fun, you're gonna play it, no arguments there. I'm just eloquating my point of view about CoD and its effects on gaming and the industry as a whole.

If you're gonna play CoD, at least play it on a console so you don't shit in the PC pool.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 FelipeInside

@ZombieKiller7 said:

agree with you there. One of my friends still plays Blops1 and the other day he had an update to download.

I'm just concerned that they're "wagging the dog" so to speak.

They're social engineering consumer behavior and expectations, such that instead of expecting a solid game that you can play for years, from the minute you buy a CoD you're on a subscription timer.

Map pack hits? You either buy it or get left behind.

New CoD hits? You either buy it or get left behind.

I understand there's still people playing older CoD's with no map packs and no dlc.

I'm just saying the developer is pushing a quasi-subscription model AND at the same time drowning out their competition through volume.

If you're busy buying CoD every year, there's not gonna be much left in your wallet for other FPS.

So they're starving their competators, some of whom might offer innovation and better ideas.

At the end of the day, if the game is fun, you're gonna play it, no arguments there. I'm just eloquating my point of view about CoD and its effects on gaming and the industry as a whole.

If you're gonna play CoD, at least play it on a console so you don't shit in the PC pool.

But I can't aim with a controller and don't have a console.....lololololol

I agree on some of your points.

Of course they try to drown their competitors, which big company doesn't.

If you don't buy the map packs, you don't get left behind. Lots of people actually don't buy map packs cause they dont think it's worth it.

As for newer CODs, well....that happens with everything. But there are people still playing Blops1 and 2 for example.

Sadly that's the way the industry works now....with microtransactions, DLC and pay to win models.

I play COD cause it's fun basically.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#158 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

@Woe2spread said:

I have a question about needing the six gb ram but I only got four right now. is it doable or no?

It is doable, but not possible. The game has a error message telling you that you do not have 6GB of RAM and the game will not launch. Waste of money, so don't purchase it. There is a RAM Fix hack that lets you play the single player, but lets be honest no one buys CoD for SP I imagine.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Arthas045 said:

@Woe2spread said:

It is doable, but not possible. The game has a error message telling you that you do not have 6GB of RAM and the game will not launch. Waste of money, so don't purchase it. There is a RAM Fix hack that lets you play the single player, but lets be honest no one buys CoD for SP I imagine.

Oh man, I remember a time when people did buy COD for the singleplayer

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Arthas045 said:

@Woe2spread said:

I still replay CoD 1/UO for that every once in a while

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Arthas045 said:

@Woe2spread said:

CoD2 was the shit.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

So I think we've discovered why this port blows so monumentally hard: Their own developers have the same arguments/knowledge of a System Wars troll

"But wait" you, say..." Anyone could name themselves [IW] and claim to be a dev!" Very true...except this guy is legit. Here's why http://i1.minus.com/ibf8jztQ9ckOJ2.jpg

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#163 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

I'm enjoying the campaign even though it's the usual COD campaign, but I have yet to start multiplayer.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 FelipeInside

@Sweetbackhair said:

I'm enjoying the campaign even though it's the usual COD campaign, but I have yet to start multiplayer.

Shhh....don't say you are enjoying COD, it's not allowed around these parts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#165 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

@FelipeInside said: "cool-antiCOD-boys"

i'm not anti-COD. i'm anti-boredom. i used to love COD back in the days.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 FelipeInside

@groowagon said:

@FelipeInside said: "cool-antiCOD-boys"

i'm not anti-COD. i'm anti-boredom. i used to love COD back in the days.

I probably wasn't referring to you.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#167 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

Shhh....don't say you are enjoying COD, it's not allowed around these parts.

Ohh crap I better hide for a bit before they noticed that comment!

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#168 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

@wis3boi said:

So I think we've discovered why this port blows so monumentally hard: Their own developers have the same arguments/knowledge of a System Wars troll

"But wait" you, say..." Anyone could name themselves [IW] and claim to be a dev!" Very true...except this guy is legit. Here's why http://i1.minus.com/ibf8jztQ9ckOJ2.jpg

Oh wow...LOL.

ReturnedBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#169 ReturnedBro
Member since 2013 • 56 Posts

I have Ghosts, and can't really play it. It looks terrible with low settings, and all I have at the moment is a laptop with a 5870m in it (the minimum requiremed GPU to play). It's smooth, but only with low settings at 1080p. Otherwise the game is good. The maps are cool, they're using the tried, tested and true CoD formula, good gameplay, etc. People who hate on the game saying it's "recycled" aren't worth listening to - this is a franchise with an established model, and there's no need to totally revamp it just for the sake of being "innovative" according to their definition of the word. I've never played WoW, and have no intention of doing do, but I would never dis the game's subsequent add-ons (or whatever they're called) for being regurgitation of previous offerings. If you don't like CoD, fine. Don't like FPS? Also fine. Are you terrible at these types of games? No problem. Do you abhor video game violence and enjoy Sesame Street? Cool. But hating on the game for building on a model of success and maintaining a high degree of gameplay continuity is moronic.

I'll have new hardware by the end of the month and hopefully then I can enjoy the game. Lots of gamers I've spoken to also tell me they have performance issues with the game.

Zoso813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Zoso813
Member since 2013 • 310 Posts

Ghosts is god awful. This coming from a long time CoD fan. The series has gotten progressively worse since Modern Warfare, and Ghosts might be the worst of them all. If you've played BF4 you know it shits all over CoD Ghosts.

ReturnedBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#171 ReturnedBro
Member since 2013 • 56 Posts

@Zoso813: You speaking for the SP, MP, or both?